Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How do you lose weight w/o starving yourself???

What are the good and bad effects of anorexia?

Additional Details
Just adding this. And i disagree with yoo, i found loads of pro-ana sites. Thanks for the long lists, i have a ...

Starving Yourself for 8 Days?
If someone starved there self for 8 days, Only One fruit smoothie each day, how much weight would they loose??

Don't have a go at me because im not heading to do it. I would just ...

I love my Man, but at a slight mistake he gets really mad at me, what do i do 4 him to believ茅 im not cheating

I go regularly now to 24 hour fitness gym, I need to lose about 200 pounds what exercies should i do?
mostly ive been walking the treadmill for half an hour and riding the stationary bike for 20 minutes and things like that. any hep or ideas or suggestions????...

I'm on a Diet right now, and I'm starving! What can I do to fight this urge to eat? (Already had my calories
.........for the day. It's 3am where I'm at. I work nights, that's why I'm still awake)...

How can i lift my breast without surgery?

Would you rather a size 0, or a curved plus size?

If I am wanting to lose weight should I not be drinking any alcohol at all? x?

Is showering 3 times a week healthy for a man?
it takes an hour each time with all that scurbbing. this is the only work out i get to keep fit....

Protein shake recipes?
Anyone know some home made, low-calorie, protein shake recipes? I just want to know so I can make them at home because they're really expensive....

How in the world can I lose 20 pounds in 2 months???? ?
I'm 13, I'm fat, and I hate it.

I used to be really skinny but the summer changes a bunch. Any way I'm 5 foot 4 and I'm 125. DONT GO TELLING ME THATS NOT FAT!!! I Think ...

Am I Fat, Be Honest?
I'm 13, I'm 5' 0
& I weigh 117-118.

I feel fat, any suggestions to be 100 lbs? thank you!! :)
Additional Details

Exercising for a 14 year old?
I am 14 5'2 and I weigh 113-115.And I try not to eat after 6:00 and i'm drinking lots of water. I'd like to get down to somewhere between 107-110 before Christmas. what types of ...

Do u think this is fat?
im 16 years old and i weight 130lbs and im about 5'4. if i am how much weight should i ...

Am I fat????????
I'm 13 i'm 5'3 and i'm 36 in (bust) 30 in (waist) 36 (hips)
and I weigh 129. I know i'm curvy compared to stick figured people (no offense) but am I fat?...

I am a 16 year old male and I am 5'11 188 pounds i got a fat stomach. Will I get taller if I workout?

How can i lose weight by summer of '09?
Currently i am 130 pounds :(
i'm just looking for a routine that i can easily do from now throughout my school year. My school is right across from the YMCA and near the pool which also has ...

Is diet soda really that bad for you?
Everyone says that diet Coke is sooo bad for you...I have even heard that it is worse than regular Coke. But I really feel like I need it. I stopped drinking regular about 6 months ago and now I ...

Should i gain weight? [*pic included*]?
ok so for about 3 years now i have been really insecure about my body built.
i have been told by many people they wish they were built like me.
but i feel like they're not being honest....

BALLIN
I don't eat very healthy, can you help me?
Here's my problem. I'm 13, and I don't eat what I should. I have breakfast, which is cereal, I don't each lunch much, and dinner I rarely eat it because I'm so picky. I hate what my mom makes. And when I eat between meals its usually unhealthy. So when I DO eat it's always unhealthy. I wish I would eat better. My mom even offers to buy fruits and veggies that I like. I guess I just can't get myself to actually eat healthy. I don't want to die before I'm 40, so please help me.

ron p
yeah i can help, tell me where you live and i will bring my whip over there and force you to eat what is right. ------ give us all a break, stop whining and do what you say you know you should do. quit being a picky brat.
there. did that help?

masterjack_98
Rating
You probably won't die...but you will be very fat and unattractive.

Do you want to be fat, smell icky like a farm animal AND be unattractive??

Hmmm well do ya?

Well do like your ma says and eat better before people are calling you names and pointing at you when you are walking you fat butt around town.

Erin
What's the issue? You know what you should do, so just do it. Self-control.

YoTsni
Rating
Be controlling, if you don't like what you eat, then find something you do like.

Only M
well for breakfast try to eat something with protein in it because that will help you keep your blood sugar up. Then for lunch try to eat something small like A meat sandwitch on wheat bread and drink milk. have a snack for supper like popcorn.

Princess R
Rating
im 26 and have always been the same way, until i started having chest pains and found out i have high colosteral from eating too much "junk"............dont eat candy or drink pepsi or dark sodas.......drink lots of fruit juice, not orange, but fruit juice, like the v8 splash or the new v8 fusion, frozen veggies are good, like brocoli mixed with other veggies, just put lots of cheese on top........if you dont wanna die then you better shape up cus bad things will happen when you least expect them..

Ian
Rating
You just have to force yourself to eat what your mom makes. You have to be open to try new foods, you might be supprised and like stuff that you never would have thought that you would. Good Luck!

*路.路麓炉`路.路* jay *路.路麓炉`路.路*
eat healthy... you know u gotta do it, so just do it!

toughguy2
Rating
Please don't worry too much as I'm sure you will probably live a long healthy life. If you exercize a lot it's a good thing. Try to lay off the sweets as much as possible and things like french fries and potato chips. Try to eat some fruits like grapes, plums, and oranges, and of course eat some nice vegetables and beans and you should be ok. Also lay off the cokes and drink lots of water!

Ginkgo
Maybe this can help.

http://phifoundation.org

powhound
Rating
Are you picky because you don't like the food your mom makes, or because you are full from eating JUNK FOOD...UTTER GARBAGE THAT STUFF IS!!

Drink water only if you feel like snacking. Come to the table hungry so that you will eat. Help your mom cook, then you can add stuff that you like.

I'm trying to be nice, you say you are only 13. That's still pretty young, and I'm glad you are aware that there is a problem. Just feel happy you have good food to eat, and think the following formula:

JUNK FOOD = POISON = DEATH

There you go!!

Sarah
Rating
Its hard and usually you will continue without much effort until something serious happens. I'm not fat or unhealthy except in one way but I made the changes a few months ago and its a little better now and getting better. My problem was with fiber in my diet. I highly suggest doing something because you can fear of what may happen but when it does its happen "ITS MUCH WORSE" and the longer you wait the more harder it comes to fix and reverse what has happened.

I suggest you make an appointment with a doctor tell them everything that is wrong. You may or may not need a blood test to find out some problems but you can turn down a blood test if you want too. Just ask the doctor what is important in eating habits and what changes should you make.

Once your in a very healthy state you can break some of the rules again but watch your health. If it stats to slip in the least you can start your diet again etc....

hanuman c
Rating
Every morning take dry fruits..such a badam , pista,,,etc each 5
and you will definetly make a difference in 1 month...also take one egg every day and drink 200 ml milk every day....

practice yoga every day...and some exercises...

sexylilgirl_idealmgf
I don't think that you are going to die so don't worry. I'm not a good eater and never have been. I'm also very picky, but at least you are willing to try and eat fruits and vegetables. My trainer, I ride horses, won't even touch a plat that has vegetables on it. Just keep this in mind if you think it will be nasty it will taste bad even if it is great. Mind over matter. Well keep trying. Good luck.

Penny
Rating
In that case only you can help yourself.

Windwispers
Eat your veggies dear and your fresh fruit. Its a phase your going through and should pass..... You'll be fine... Just don't worrie ok? Eat all the fruit and veggies you want. Stay away from fats.

elainemherber
Rating
You might try frozen dinners---lean cuisine, etc. as they provide you with protien, vegies, etc. or even slimfast drinks which I think are yummy and provide a lot of good nutrients with a piece of fruit.

?
Rating
Well, you just have to make yourself eat better. No one can make you but yourself, hun. Find some fruits and veggies that you really like just so you can have them as snacks or with your dinner so you eat a bit more then. You have to make up your mind about what you will do for yourself. But don't worry too much - I think a lot of teens eat badly:)

NimbleNimrod
Rating
Sorry Hun, I have your problem, I often spiral into unhealthiness Im 16, can't bring myself to eating though I consciously know what to eat...Control yourself, reduce the junkfood, whenever you feel the need to eat the unhealthy stuff 'replace it' - its the only way, you can't say you want to smoke, but not get lung cancer. Fruit and Veg is great, go with that. Do some running every now and then to keep your heart healthy and get you hungry for the good stuff. As you get older you'll realize your health is more important than what you want to do, and you'll learn to make sacrifices. You're still young.

i will be your friend!
hun, sounds like ur in a pickle to me. you want to, but you dont. well, word of advice, as you get older, you learn to do stuff that you just plainly dont want to do. i dont want you to learn the hard way of that...like end up with diabetes or somethin along those lines, so do yourself a favor, and say ys to your mom about fruits and vegies...and maybe granola bars...do something good 4 your body

Icera
Rating
Stop battleling with your brain and make your mind to the point...just do it...put it that way...the taste in your mouth is going to last probably 5 second...and the unhealty is going to last years, and probably a life time if you get a disease...so encourage yourself to eat better...and by the way...you don't have to die before any age...get in spirituality (not religion) and awaken your sense of other dimension...like the buddhist do and you shall rejuvenate

Katie
Rating
Last year when I was trying to eat healthier, I talked with my mom about it, who was on Weight Watchers, and my dad, who has really bad cholesterol. We decided that we would get rid of all the unhealthy food in the house, and just buy fruits, vegetables, nuts, eggs, meat, and healthy grains from now on. That meant no more candy or chocolate or chips. So, whenever I got hungry, instead of being able to eat any food I wanted, I HAD to eat something healthy. Because, if I didn't eat any healthy food, I would starve. Make it so that the only food you can eat is healthy food.
Also, eat lunch. If it's at school, bring a lunch. If you don't want to bring one, you need to have self control to buy the right food. And eat dinner, too. If it tastes really bad, make something, or talk to your mom or dad, about making better tasting food that's still healthy.

magdaline
Eat vegies n friuts before u go to bed, eat alot uf dinner so u can it cause it's good to digest it out

bambinno4
Rating
breakfast :oatmeal; buy the big box that sam club sale, it has a lot different flavors. Cereal is good too try TOTAL of kelllogs.
try to buy juice extractor you could make juices of different fruits and vegetables they are very nutriciousos.
oranges, apples carrots , etc
try to become half vegetarian(that is what call this) no beef, no pork..........
just chicken and fish(salmon is the best) buy soya beef
you coul make this delicious meals with rice and vegetables. start learning to cook.
2nd. if you don't want to die young you have to walk. 30 min. then an hour after you are conditioned your body
try to make your entire family to joint you .........

Lilah
Rating
Willpower....you need to get some. Here's what you do...for one week write down everything you eat on a piece of paper. Then, the next week see what you ate and make a conscience effort to replace the bad stuff with something good. So, for example....if you wrote down:

Snack: Potato chips, 3 handfulls

You could then write down the replacement.....like:

Snack replacement: One apple with carmel dip

Once you see what you are eating and making changes based on what you did before it might give you the motivation to change what you are doing. Then, when you see how good you are doing, you will start to feel better, physically and emotionally. Give it a try...if it doesn't work then try something else. Also, when you go back to school, start taking your lunch with you, and make sure it's healthy...you will be surprised at how much energy you will have in the afternoon. Good LUCK!

litehmusicdj
WELL, first of all stay off the SODA'S, chips, and anything in between, eat breakfast, a lite lunch, and your normal dinner, and nothing in the line of snacks, no snacks, that's very unhealthy.
no soda's but if you over the age of drinking, a JAMAICAN RUM here and there, i disavows any knowledge of this statement if you get caught. so be healthy, and easy yourself into it. like ai say, no snacks after dinner, and away from soda's chips, and oily things.. good luck

morpheus
Rating
take some of this pillss

so then u dotn need tow orry tomuch about food

Fat G
Rating
Healthy food for weight loss

Is it possible to eat more food and actually lose weight? Absolutely, if you eat more of healthy foods than empty calorie foods (junk food).

Not everyone realizes that you do not have to deprive yourself in order to lose weight. What you have to do is eat more of healthy foods, leaving less room for "bad" foods. If you eat healthy foods - meaning foods high in vitamins and nutrients and are flavorful - you will find that you want less of high calorie or empty calorie foods. Having a variety of foods that you like and want to eat makes it easier to maintain any changes you make to your diet.

When making any changes to the way you eat, do so slowly and don't criticize yourself if your changes take time to become a habit. Study after study has shown that making small changes is what counts. One change at a time will be easier to accomplish and stick with than making a lot of changes all at once. Every little change you make will bring benefits to your health and your waistline.

Here are some changes you can make one at a time that can give you quick weight loss results:

* Eat breakfast
A lot of people skip breakfast. This is a big mistake if you are trying to lose weight. Studies show that those who do not eat breakfast will overeat later in the day. Also, eating breakfast gets your metabolism going, and so whatever is eaten in the morning is metabolized better. If you are not a breakfast eater, try a fruit smoothie or other nutritional shakes.

* Drink water
Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Ice water is best because it will speed up your metabolism. Water is, of course, calorie free and flushes out fat. And lastly, drinking water about a half hour before eating will curb your hunger and will make it less likely that you will overeat.

* Add vegetables
Adding vegetables to some of your favorite dishes is a good way to get in some extra servings of veggies every day. Some examples are: sauces, soups, omelets, sandwiches, and salads. Of course, vegetables make a great snack by themselves or dipped in low-calorie dressings.

* Try to eat more salads
If you're anything like I used to be, as soon as I heard the word "salad," I would immediately think "boring!" That is until I figured out how creative one can be when making a salad. Try adding new vegetables that you haven't tried before or adding boiled eggs, strips of grilled chicken, cheese, and/or nuts. Keep fresh lettuce and spinach leafs on hand, and remember to go easy on the dressing or make your own healthy salad dressing. A healthy and great tasting dressing is mixed olive oil and lemon juice.

sweetcakes8604
Rating
Well just eat three meals a day,shop for foods that you like but that are healthy.Just always eat in moderation.If you're gonna snack eat some no sugar ice cream,or some fat free chips.

Nia24
Rating
lol sweetie, do eat more vegetables and fruits

visit a whole foods store for more inspiration

i think you are needing organic and fresh foods

if possible, also consult with an alternative nutritionist, they're pretty good at telling what your body needs

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, June 11, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy