Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How much should a 14 year old weigh.?!?
how much should a 14 year old weigh, i wear a size 3 or a 26 in garage. uhm, how much should i weigh .?! , am i average. i think im fat....

How tall are you and how much do you weigh???

Additional Details
im 5'7" and around 129 lbs.(sometimes less)...

How can I support my girlfriend with her new year diet?
Should I join in? Should I be strong when she wants chocolate or let her have a few chocolatey pleasures? Any help or advice will be appreciated. She doesn't want to fail again, it's not ...

I'm trying to stop eating fast foods. Can you tell me the most grotesque think to make me stop?
convice me to stop. Im not fat at all, I just think that eating fast food is unhealthy but the addiction is big.. Convice me to quit
Additional Details

How can I lose 40 pounds without taking pills?
I weigh 200 pounds right now and I'm only 15 years old. I have tried everything and I need help!...

I feel crappy and fat!?
i am a teenager.
5'5 and 135
i am trying to lose weight but blew it today
my face looks rounder and blotched
my hair is sooo greasy. i know i need to wash it but it was one ...

I want to lose 15 pounds by may how can i get this done?
please no answers about "this is unhealthy blah blah blah" i want a quick easy diet that has really really worked ...

How do I gain weight faster?
I am 16 and im 5'3" and a half and i weigh about 90 lbs. people are tellin me i look good and that i should stay the same... but i have gotten truth from some people.....i checked out some ...

Am i underweight???
I am 5 foot 5.5 inches and weigh 108 pounds, I am 19. Reading a lot of posts this is the normal weight for a younger teenager of about 14, so i am now a bit worried. I don't even look THAT thin ...

Is it ok to eat junk food if you don't put on weight?
I exercise every night (Boxing, Gym, Swimming) and I go for a long run every weekend, I don't drink much and don't smoke. I drink loads of water

however

My addiction ...

Am i fat?????????
okay im 5ft 7 and 105 lbs. Is that fat???/

And no im not all obseesed about that stuff im Just wonderin
Additional Details

I am 5'8 and i weigh 145 i want to lose some!?
i would really want to weigh like 128 or 130. how do i lose it easily and quickly?
please help!...

Friends i have heard breakfast is neccessary why?which meal should i skip lunch or dinner to loose weight?

If I lose 10-15 pounds, will it be noticeable?
Will I, as well as other people, be able to to see a difference if I were to lose 10-15 pounds? Even if it were just a slight difference?
I am 5"7 and 157 pounds....

Would you rather be taller or shorter than you are?
I'm 5'10" and i'm very ...

If i starve myself...?
will i lose muscle or fat first?
will cellulite go away?

dont tell me not to starve myself cos i never said i was, im just asking....

One of my friends is 5'5 and weighs 150 is she fat???
well, she just goes to my school, ummm, some ppl make fun of her, idon't really get it, she doesn't seem to be fat to me, is she fat to u??? =/...like ppl call her names sometimes, and i ...

Does your body use fat calories from areas of your body in relation to muscles needing the energy?

Am I fat?????????
I am 13, 92 lbs and around 5 foot, maybe 4 foot 11....

Am i fat???? please tell me the truth!!!?
i'm 14 yrs old and i'm 5'3 and i weigh 122 lbs. how much weight should i lose...i'm thinking like 10 pounds? please tell me the truth
Additional Details

*dance4life*
I diet coke bad for you??
is diet coke bad for u and does it really slow down ur metabolism? like i am a 13 year old dancer and i weigh 106 pounds. so would it really be bad for me to drink it if it does?

Milk C
Rating
Diet coke actually makes you gain pounds , its basically a normal soda just with the word 'diet' in front

manic
Rating
there is nothing good in coke at all!!!!

diverchick101
i heard it is but im not sure why...

a.arnold34
Rating
Diet Coke causes cancer.

SmartBlonde
Rating
No. But how tall are you? I dont think it would be if u continute to exersice.

kim
Yes,

I've read a ton of studies that people who drink diet actually gain more weight in the long run. Your body doesn't know how to deal with the sweet taste with no calories. It will still produce the same amount of insulin as if you were drinking the full sugar version and store all the food you eat with the diet drink as fat. Not to mention you are getting fake chemicals and toxins that will have a detrimental affect on your metabolism

but in answer to the question: Yes, Diet Coke is "diet", in that is contains less than 1 calorie per serving. In restaurants that have sodas "fountain" style", hidden away there are plastic bags full of soda syrup, each piped to the corresponding fountain tap, and a big container of carbonated water that mixes with it to make it come out fizzy.

When I was in my teens my mom was drinking diet coke. She started getting these really bad headahces and then they came out with the little note that aspartame can cause them. She went off diet coke and they went away. Obviously, she is just one person. But none the less, I have always stayed away from products with aspartame. However, I have started drinking the new diet coke with splenda. So far I have't had bad things happen, although I am calmly waiting to see what will be bad with splenda, just because, it's man made and will probably be bad for some reason or another. As for the taste, I can tell right away if it is diet or not.

and over all it will make you gain weight in the long run and you are taking in poisins believe it or not.you are unaware that over the coarse of 10-20 years consuming "diet" coke is very bad for you.
an occasional drink is better but in the long run it will afftect you over all health. and the splenda will give you majore migranes

CH3RY1
Rating
Yeah it is, doctors reccomend it not healthy to drink. Once in awhile probobly won't do much harm. But caffeine and aspartame (so bad for you! any artificial sweetners) can be just like an addiction. My dad for the past few years has drank his coffee each day with 5 packs of aspartame artificial sweetners..ever since then he's had symptons for brain cancer and diabetes. No joke..and it took him a long time to figure out what was causing his problems so now he's stopping. After a certain temperature aspartame turns into formaldehyde..which is in the same group as arsenic and other deadly substances

olivemai
Rating
It has not been determined yet! Nutrasweet was not tested very well, and a lot of people (including me) do not use it if possible! I seemed to gain weight after drinking it! It is better to use a calorie-free soda, like mineral water, Calistoga sells it! Then you can add your own coke syrup, Walgreen's sells it. It has very little calories but will add the flavor that you want. You can also add fruit juice, lemon or lime, whatever you like! I do not think diet coke slows down your metabolism, but the chemicals are not good for you.

~football chick~
Rating
you shouldnt drink it
I use to be a dancer when I was little like 5 years old and my grandpa gave me a diet soda and it made it hard to dance.

iiLOVEYOU_X
Rating
I hear coke is not good for you so i suppose nothing good is in coke maybe stick to water.

brenniewinters
As a former Dancer, I know that I ate anything I wanted to keep up my strength, and now I drink diet drinks in moderation as I am much older.

Waterpolo
diet coke could only be bad for you if you are a phenylketonuric, the culprit being aspartame, the sweetener used in diet soda formulation and other sugar substitutes such as equal and splenda. as for your consumption of diet coke, it would only be bad if you take in large quantities and not take water or fruit juices as the caffeine content in the soda could make your heart palpitate and make you jittery. not to mention make you prone to hyper acidity and peptic ulcer disease as the carbonic acid content of soda further lowers the pH or makes your stomach more acidic, compounding the effects of endogenous hydrochloric acid secretion in your stomach. but if you only take it only as a pick me upper, it is quite good as it would boost your energy level prior to or during dance rehearsals.

K.R
Rating
Well really I personally think yea cuz how is that suppose to be healthy with all the sodium in it anyway always pick natural juices especially if your a dancer trust me it gives you so much energy.

Unknown.
yeah, it is.
they put other sweeteners in it instead of sugar like regular soda has, so those other sweeteners are really bad for you.
like splenda or somethingg..

BrandyA
I think that diet anything is a gimmick,I think that all soda is bad for you in an excess of it,in fact anything in excess is bad for you,so maybe you should put yourself on a balance eating schedule of the right foods and drinks and lots of excerise and fresh air...Good Luck!!!....

I love Yahoo! answers
Rating
I really don't think it does, but you can search the web to be positive

thathockeychick23
There has been no conclusive evidence that anything in diet soda does anything to you. The sugar substitute aspartame is used so diabetics can drink it, since the body does not recognize it as sugar. As for slowing the metabolism, there has been no evidence of that either. I would just stay away from soda in general and drink water and organic juices.

Chad B
Most of these people are really uneducated. Diet soda isn't that bad for you. There is no real evidence of cancer yet. Regular soda contains a lot of sugar. Diet soda can help you loser weight if you use it right. Not only does it reduce your calories a little, it can be used to make you full. I do this all the time. If I drink a carbonated beverage with my meals, i eat less food. Water wouldn't make you nearly as full, it's the bubbles that do it.

I drink diet Pepsi max now because it has extra caffeine. If you don't want caffeine, get caffeine free.

Big Bear
I used to drink diet coke for over 20 years, and I recently got so sick from it, I had to stop drinking it. I think it's the sweetner in it, but I felt like I had a huge toxin build-up in my body. My memory became so fuzzy, I had difficulty thinking.
And yes, studies prove you do gain weight from diet drinks.

loves_cry_baby
Rating
It wont affect metabolism...haha My mother drinks a pack a day and she only weghs um......300 pounds at this point. She's trying to quit but aparently soda is very adictive. She wont let me near the stuff.

It's also proven to give lab rats cancer.

snowflake216
don't fully depend on it for a source of hydration because no soda is "healthy" for you. i heard that diet coke is worse for you than regular coke and that the "diet" part in diet coke is just sort of advertising. I don't really know for sure though. In my opinion, it's ok as long as you don't drink one every single day or anything.

lexie
diet coke is really bad for you. if you occasionally drink it, its okay, but genenrally its really bad. this is why:

Aspartame is poison!

Aspartame/Nutrasweet is not very sweet in itself, that may be why Equal puts Dextrose (sugar) and maltodextrin as the first ingredients, so that it tastes sweet.

Aspartame/Nutrasweet is a brain drug that stimulates your brain so you think that the food you're eating tastes sweet. If you pay attention you'll notice that when using Aspartame/Nutrasweet, everything you eat at the same time also tastes sweet! This may be why Aspartame/Nutrasweet causes you to crave carbohydrates. Hence, you won't lose weight using it.

BTW, cyclamates got pulled off the market in the 70's in the US (but not Canada or the rest of the world) because the sugar industry saw too much of their market disappear.
Aspartame/Nutrasweet (aspartylphenylalanine-methyl-ester) breaks down to its poison constituents at 86 degrees (Aspartic Acid 40%, Phenylalanine 50%, and Methanol 10%). Remember your stomach is at 98.6 degrees! Therefore you should never use Aspartame/Nutrasweet in hot beverages or cooked foods such as Jello. How the FDA allows this remains a mystery. There is mounting evidence that the "Burning Mouth Syndrome" experienced by the Desert Storm troops was actually Methanol poisoning from the Diet Coke they drank lots of, after being exposed to desert temperatures.

Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 10% Methanol appears in the body quickly and is the same alcohol (wood alcohol also in lacquer thinner), that your mother correctly warned you could make you blind. Many skid-row alcoholics had major problems with this cheap but deadly form of alcohol.

Aspartame/Nutrasweet's 40% Aspartic Acid is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death, i.e. it kills brain cells and causes other nerve damage.
Aspartame/Nutrasweet triggers Migraine Headaches This even happened to me!. The Usenet is filled with posts by people who have pinned their migraines down to aspartame/Nutrasweet consumption.

Aspartame/Nutrasweet's breakdown products attack the bodies tissues and create Formaldehyde which builds up in the tissues forever. Remember the smelly, eye watering fumes from the frogs you dissected in school? They were preserved with Formaldehyde! Formaldehyde is thought to cause cancer.

The American Bottlers Association did not want the FDA to approve Aspartame/Nutrasweet because of what the test report showed. But the FDA approved it anyway!

Airline pilots stay away from Aspartame/Nutrasweet because they are well aware of the documented dangers.

Aspartame/Nutrasweet also breaks down to diketopiperazine [DKP] which is proven to cause Brain Tumors! Brain Tumors used to be rare. Several of the rats in the original study formed brain tumors during their Aspartame/Nutrasweet exposure. The researchers surgically removed the tumors and returned the rats to the study and discounted the tumors.

mrsjosephjonas23
better than regular coke

J9
Rating
Diet coke doesn't have any vitamins or really anything that is essentially good for you. If you're a dancer try energy drinks like Gatorade or just plain water. Diet coke can slow you down.

horizon
Rating
its not nessisarily BAD for you, unless your pregnant (a new study went out saying diet coke could encourage mental dissabilities in unborn children) other than that, the only thing with any kind of diet pop is that is stimulates hunger. try your best not to eat after a diet coke cause most ppl wind up eating much more than they need to after drinking one.

Joe D
Rating
I've been drinking it for over 20 years, so I think it's mostly safe. The caffeine is in no way moderate, though. Some suspect the safety of Aspartame, but I haven't seen convincing evidence yet. Gotta to be better for ya than coffee or booze...heh.

energy
Rating
YES its horrible for your body nuetra sweet causes cancer whitch is in diet coke
it eats your insides and if you drink it often it does slow down your matabalism
causes you to gain weight
and proven to slow brain functions and reaction time (because of the type of acid used)
over a long period of drinking it

f0xymoron
Rating
It sounds like you have issues far beyond Diet Coke...it doesn't slow down your metabolism, it has no nutritional value and can leach calcium from your body if drunk in excess. Nobody's terribly sure of the long term effects of aspartame, but some believe it could be carcinogenic. I would say drinking it occasionally probably does no harm - if you're drinking it all the time, then there are some associated health risks. At thirteen, you're still growing - dance, have fun and stop obsessing over calories. If you take everything in moderation and take plenty exercise, you'll be perfect.

m.gonzalez0493
Rating
well, they said that diet coke can ruin a diet if u drink it to often and you may actually gain weight....thats what i heard from my aunt (she's a nurse)

Caroline P
Only if you think having your bones dissolve is a BAD thing...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy