Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Does the stomache shrink when a person looses weight?

My butts way to big for my body, what do I do?
I am a regular sized prson Not fat nor super skinny
Additional Details
OMG people I am like the most atheltic girl in my school!!! i don't think i need to do any more work outs than ...

Whats the most effective way to fight cravings for sweets, chocolate or pastry?

I am an 18 year old who has a beer belly, is there a solution?
I have gained 50 pounds in the course of one year. I wieghed in about 170 when I was 17 now I am 220, and I have grown but not too much. Most of the weight was stored in my abdominal area. I have ...

How can i get thinner arms?

For the guys?
what do u boys think about a girls weight? does it matter? i mean do u like model skinny, curvy, fat, whatever??? do they have to be a certain weight? what? just tell me wat ya think please :)...

Yea i have 8 kids?
me an my hubby work damn hard an no we claim no state benefits.all my children were wanted and are loved.and yes we have a telly yawnnnnnnnn.and id much rather be a size 12 then a size 22 plus im ...

5'10 model only 110lbs !!??
I watched a news program last night about how models smoke to suppress their appetite so that they don't have to eat; this one chick said she was 5'10 and 110 pounds! I was thinking of ...

Am i anorexic?
i dont eat breakfast and i dont eat lunch at school.i am naturally very skinny (one of those people who can eat a ton but never get fat). i dont eat not bcuz i think i am fat...i just dont like ...

How many calories a day?
How many calories a day should you have to be healthy but loose some weight. I know its more than 1000....

14 years old 5'4 and i weigh 117!!?
Do i need to lose weight??...

Is this a healthy body type for my age?
Im 13, about 137 lbs. 5'4 size 6-8...do you think I should start excercising more and eating much more healthier, or not worry about it for a while?
Additional Details
If you think I...

Does alcohol speed up your metabolism while on a diet?

How can I grow taller?
I wanna grow taller and I will realy wanna boost my height a lot in the next 2 months can I do that, I keep hearing from friends what helps is doing sports and eating well, please tell me which ...

I am 12 and weight 130 pounds. am i overweight??

Additional Details
i am 5ft3....

I'm 5'2" and 120 lbs, should I loose weight (pic included)?
http://i420.photobucket. http://i420.photobucket.
T...

Is my eating today ok? Im 17 5'5 118lbs.....trying to lose weight for a beach holiday?
Its 1pm

Bfast: Dry cereal
Lunch: Shaved chicken with a bit of spinach and fetta

I will snack on an apple and other fruit.....

What should I have for dinner? Will ...

Why should I not eat whatever I want?
It's a debate I have between me and a friend of mine. We both take multivitamins, but I still try to eat right (cutting back on red meat, eating fruits and veggies). He on the other hand eats ...

HELP ME PLEASE! I am 17 and a FAT skinny person?
I think Im a FAT skinny person
Im 5'5 118lbs
Im going on a beach holiday in 2 months and wna wear a bikini
How can I tone up?
I dont have time cos im in year 12 and work.

Really want to lose weight this month, advice?
When I moved in with my husband over the summer I was exactly the size I looked good as--curvy but healthy. But after living with my husband... I ate more. I really shouldn't have, but I didn...

Maureen D
I am trying to cut out junk food but love it too much.?
When I get a craving for it, what techniques can I use to stop myself??

mandylover
Eat junk food. Just eat less other food. What's wrong with it?

greenpower22
eat a apple instead.

mwilli95
i would gradually eat less and less. Maybe eat white or dark chocolate. Fruit works too

ELAINE C
I'm on Weight Watchers and it works. Go to the website, they have lots of good hints and tips.

tropicalg77
I guess it depends on what kind of junk food it is, because you can find almost anywhere a healthy verson of what you are currently eating that isnt so good for you. Or perhaps just a healthier way to eat it.

Think about what your eating and what time of day you are eating it. Do you snack late at night? Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day(and I skip it every day) If you don't like veggies, but will eat them with dressing, then eat them with dressing but low cal dressing, you like fruit? eat fruit, but check to see what fruits ahve what calories, and check to see what times you are eating what, and what your burning in calories at what time of the day.

David S
The key is to make not having junk food a habit, but I don't necessarily think that having some is a bad thing.

One of my friends has an awful diet and is working to improve it. Something I've suggested he try is a reward system. This way you don't cut it out completely, but you can only have some after doing something good. So, for example, it might be that you can have some junk food if you do exercise for 3 consecutive days, or something like that. This is good in that it gives you an incentive to exercise, and a reward for doing it. After a while you may find that you no longer crave the junk food. However, if you feel that you want some, well you can't unless you've achieved the requirement you've set.

An alternative to the above is to set a rule whereby you must eat good food for so many days, and can then have some junk food. So, lets say you start with one day on, then one day off. Then move to two days without, then one day with, and so on. Thus you slowly build up the habit of not having the junk food, and gradually the cravings will go.

Other than the suggestions I've given above, an important point is something others have mentioned - don't have it in the house. If you know it is there, you will want it. Don't go out with loose change, that could maybe be used to buy a burger, or whatever, when you are shopping. Also, encourage your friends to not eat junk food in front of you - a very important one actually!

Finally, I hope you manage to find your own answer eventually.

bbc
Don't buy too much junk food at home, try fruit instead or drink water to make you feel full,when you feel full ,you should't get too craving for it.

maxwell_b
Well if your going on a diet make sure you dont 'cut out' junk food, include snacks(junk food) in ur program as this will slowly help you to stop craving them. It will also stop you from cheating on ur diet. hope this helps, MAXWELL B

angeleyes_0613
whenever i get an urge to eat junk food, i just go and get a cup full of crushed ice cubes, and eat them. it works for me, its refreshing, and keeps your mouth busy...

TheOneNOnlyTK
Rating
eat something else its not like you need junkfood

magnusshock
Rating
either do not buy it or find something sweet that you like but it is good for you

Nevaeh
Rating
If you buy junk food or have it in your house chances are you will feel tempted to eat it. So I suggest maybe gradually cutting junk food out from your household if you can.

And replace junk food with other healthier foods that you enjoy. Doesn't necessarily have to be fruit or veggies, but healthier junk food. If that makes sense. Like baked potato chips rather than the other brand.

Chose the lesser of the evils I say, and lower your portions instead of quitting cold turkey because chances are you'll just relaspe and be miserable.

Hungry707
You can try buying smaller portion of your favorite junk food (i.e. like those little chip packs for kids' lunches) so this way, you feel like you are eating a whole bag, but it's much smaller and you can control how much you eat. Or, you can also substitute your favorite junk foods for other things like if you love chips, try eating Quaker's rice cracker chips, which, even if you eat the whole bag, are a lot less fattening than regular potato chips and it still gives you that crunch. If it's candy that you crave, try substituting it for your favorite fruits. Or, you can even buy those little mini versions and just make you sure only eat a few pieces. Also, if it's the calories you are worried about, many of the Nabisco brands have these "100 calorie" snacks which are made of actual junk food (Oreos, Chips-a-hoy, Cheetos, Doritos, etc..) but it's a slightly modified version so while it's not entirely healthy, it certainly is better than eating a regular full-sized bag and limits you to 100 calories per bag.

wendy_da_goodlil_witch
Rating
find something to do that occupies both hands. get a drink or eat something healthy. treat yourself once a week if you keep eating healthy.

crossstitchkelly
Rating
When you get the cravings, stop and eat something that's both healthy and filling, like a piece of fruit or a bowl of whole-grain cereal. Then wait 15 minutes. The craving will probably be gone. If you still find yourself having cravings, make a mental promise to yourself that once a week you will let yourself have the one type of junk food you've been craving, and set aside a particular date for that. If you still want it, fine, but if not, save it for next week.

Q~T
Rating
I know it's hard. But one thing you can do to help is to not buy junk food in the first place. If it's not in the home, or at your desk you'll be less likely to run out a look for it. Keep healthy foods in stock. Try some healthy snacks, and I promise you'll find something you'll like. I'm hooked on Wheat Thins. I used to eat stacks of Pringles, but now I eat a hand full of Wheat Thins instead. I like them so much that it does not bother me that I'm not eating Pringles. Hope that helps.

danzahn
Get 100 calorie packs.

abbers
keep yourself busy and that way you wont have time to eat or you could just not buy the stuff and make healthier food choices. Doing stuff outdoors is always helpful cuz when you're outside you don't think about food much. Try to focus on other things

Stelly
Chomp on crinkle cut carrot chips instead of chips. Rice cakes, find low cal alternatives.

Whatever
Instead of stopping yourself, eat a handful of fat free potato chips or a spoonful of no sugar added ice cream

HO HO HO, Merry Christmas
theres no problem with eating it, just throw it up afterwards

Zer0
brush your teeth that way if you eat anything that is junk food it will have a bad taste. (tooth paste makes stuff taste nasty for a little while)

pinksushi86
Rating
I'm soooo on the same boat, it can be very difficult, but there is this method I learned about, its like hypnosis. Basically every time you get a craving, take something you like to eat but that is also good 4 you like a fruit or so, and before you eat it, take your index and middle finger and gently tap the side of your neck about 20 times, then eat your fruit... indulge in it! :) and imagine its your favorite meal, when you've finished tap again a further 20 times.

This method is supposed to associate your mind with a feeling/sensation of what you eat, and each time you eat that particular food, you remember how good it was!

Another idea is to go for a walk, make sure you don't take any money with you, if you get some fresh air, you may get time to think about how naughty it would be to eat that junk meal!

Hope it goes well for you!
I feel your pain lol
x

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy