Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What is your favorite exercise and why?
And your favorite exercise machine? What results have you gotten, and why? What machine do you recommend for weight loss? Thanks!...

Is 108 overweight for someone 5"1?

Additional Details
well for a long time i was bilemic and was told to gain weight now i want to lose it ...

Can you still drink Coke and lose weight with exercise and diet?
Even if it's one or two sugar cokes a day....

Im I Fat ?
Im 5'7 and 122 -125 pounds and i feel like im a whale. Whats the right weight for me ?...

What to do when your Bored??
I'm trying to stick to my diet but i have nothing to do, and i think thats why I am not in shape because when im bored i eat. I need something to keep me busy so I don't eat anything till ...

How much weight should I lose?
I'm 5' 3'' and 125 pounds...how much weight should I lose...?...

At what age did you lose your viginaty?

How do I control my food cravings...now?
Like right now I want to eat mac and cheese with ketchup and then a cupcake....werid taste I know. But its 9pm and am not sleepy...what should I do?...

What is the best food for breakfast?
My mother always told me to eat fruit first thing in the morning (before oats or cereal etc.) because it helps to clean out the digestive system and get it functioning for the day. Is this true? At ...

What's your favorite diet food?

Is it TRUE that MORE YOU SWEAT THE MORE WEIGHT YOU LOSE??
i heard that the more you sweat the more weight you lose....is that true?? if it is, does that mean that if i walk 2km on a hot day and sweat more, rather than walking 2km on a cold day i will lose ...

Am I overweight or underweight?
I am currently 5'6 and 95 pounds.
I know that may seem skinny, but I have curves which makes me feel obnoxiously fat and uneven.

Also, DONT be rude by saying I am obese/anorexic....

What's a good diet that has worked for you? Which doesn't involve exercising regularly.?

Am i overweight?
Ok i'm a girl and i'm 14 years old. I am 5'3 and I weigh 125 but i feel like I weigh way more. Is this an Ok weight? I'd like it to be a little less. Also, is 60lbs an ok weight ...

Im in 7th grade and i weigh about 95 pounds i want to go on a diet but my mom wont let me what should i do?
i tried going anorexic but my friends didn't like that so i stopped and i don't want to ruin my intestines or what ever so I'm not going to be bulimic im a teen so im like always ...

I am not a water drinker. How can i start acquiring a taste for water?

How tall I am?
My mom is around 5 and my dad is 5' 8. What do you think my height would be...just a guess!...

How much weight do you want to lose?

What's the fastest way to lose weight?
I really want to lose weight!
Additional Details
I'm not over weight, but I want to lose some because I guess that's just ...

How long after eating something can you get food poisoning?

awwsilke
I am exercising 5 days a week for 1 hr to 2 hrs but not loosing weight, after 3 or 4 months!!?
It is so frustrating because I go from no exercise to exercising and feel like I have gained. I started doing 60 minutes cardio, but they said that wasn't good, so I went down to 45 minute cardio workout and then lift, lighter weights, more reps. I have seen no results! I am tired all the time. What is going on?!?!
Additional Details
Well for the first 2 months I was eating really healthy, lots of fruits, salads, water, chicken, but I have a really bad stomach and ended up in the ER, so i have to watch how much fruit and raw veggies I eat because the make me sick. I am 23 / 5'8" / probably 156lbs. I hate getting on the scale, I always go by my clothes, but I can't fit any of my jeans now. I will admit to giving into fast food, more than I should. I have a water bottle that is "your daily" intake, and have at least one a day, try to get 2. I switch up my machines....treadmill, Elliptical, Spinning class; I use the ab ball, free weights. I am trying to start back of no fast food or pop, but again it is hard with the raw foods and my stomach.

justme
The best thing that I have found is Weight Watchers. You eat and eat, but it's the right stuff to eat. And boy you DO loose weight. I didn't even exercise I I lost weight. Good luck I know it can be frustrating but you can do it!!!

Keith
You are probably building muscle mass which is good because you will lose weight over time. You could also be eating poorly and cancelling out the positive effects of your exercise. Most importantly, know the difference between losing weight and gaining muscle and eliminating body fat. You need to get a scale that measures your body fat to understand where this is going.

sun d
I hope these tips helps:

How to lose bellyfat?
http://www.askaquery.com/question/How-to-lose-bellyfat.html

The Best Exercises To Lose Weight
http://www.askaquery.com/question/The-Best-Exercises-To-Lose-Weight.html

gloribelllebron
Maybe is the diet or because you are doing weights. Remember that when you do weights you loose some fat but gain some muscle and maybe that is causing the weight to either stay the same or to be a little bit more. To see if you did loose some weight, see how the clothing fit. If it fit better or if they are bigger now, that means you did loose weight.

Ven
Rating
Check your diet! Are you eating foods that contain a lot of MSG and High Fructose Corn Syrup? Those 2 ingredients will keep weight on you even if you starve to death. Educate yourself with the ingredients on the labels. I did and I am now back down to my normal weight and I eat a lot of healthy foods and never starve and I do exercise moderately with no problem. I included 2 links that may surprise you if you don't know about them yet.

JoeP
Somewhere you are missing or doing something wrong. It is impossible to burn more calories then you take in and not see a result. Are you only looking at thw weight scale? You do not see any physical body changes? Are you taking in MORE calories then you burn? You maybe be tired because you are NOT allowing soem rest time for your muscles to recover.

bmwdriver11
Rating
How intense is your workout? If you are one of those people that dont do the "work" part of "workout", that could help explain the problem. I see these people at the gym who get on a treadmill or elliptical and then go really slowly with no resistance. I belive that if you can read a magazine, easily watch TV, have a conversation with your friend, etc, that you arent working out with nearly enough intensity. Pick up your speed, add some resistance to your workout. For example, on the elliptical, if you are doing 0 or 1 resistance- that hardly counts as doing cardio. Crank up the resistance- it shouldnt be easier to ride a bike or do the elliptical than it is to run if you do it the right way. If you are on the treadmill, put in some hills and pick up the pace. And by the way, whomever told you that 60 minutes is too much is wrong, that is the recommended amount, and if you can do it, you should go back to it. Lastly- the only other thing is that you might be taking in too many calories. Count your calories and restrict yourself to soemthing like 1700 per day. Otherwise, you sound ok- I like that you are doing both weights and cardio- its very important to keep doing the weights.

fullofsugaw
You can get to a plateau in work outs. You need something completely different. You can try doing a little cardio and then going swimming, or a little cardio then climbing a rock wall... something like that. Throw your body for a loop!

.:.:.Mizz_undaStood.:.:.
Rating
you may not be loosing fat but your gaining muscle!!!!

gonzo_50
Rating
Its hard to answer that question with out talking to you. The best anwser I can give, remember, carbs (good carbs) burn fat, you also need fat to burn fat like Omega 3. Less protein is needed. Also (if your not already) avoid pop/soda and juices. Just water and Milk - less then 2% or Soy like. No processed food. Also check to see if your Diabetic. Stress is another thing will stop you from loosing weight. In fact stress will stop A LOT of things.
These are just ideas for you to look into

petlover11792@sbcglobal.net
Rating
You can't expect weight loss right away, especially when doing weight training. You will be gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat. You can't measure your health just by the number on the scale. You will eventually start to lose weight. If this isn't right, it may be that you have to adjust your diet. I've also heard that exercising for over 45 minutes in one session is bad for you and kind of reverses the effects of your workout. Good luck!

qwerty
Rating
step up the pace on your workouts. go running for half an hour. and do this
jog to the nearest telephone pole and then sprint to the next one and then jog and then sprint and then jog.... sprinting for a short distance burns a lot more calories then jogging ofr a long distance!

eat healthy!!!
breakfast: fruit, 100% juice, cup of oatmeal, (or any foods that are healthy)
lunch: pita bread filled wiht lettuce tomatoe and a little piece of turkey, water,
snack: 1 cup of no butter popcorn (no salt either) or any other healthy snakc
dinner: water, small piece of skinless chicken. small salad (no dressing)
snack: small healthy food!

TIPS::
-do not eat nay large meals at night
-eat five smalll meals rather than 3 large ones
-lots of water and fruit! the water will wash the toxins out of your body
-try not to use a lot of grease and oil. (unless its good oil like olive oil)

Have fun and i hope you see results!

baberae
Rating
What are you eating? A lot of calories consumed means no weight loss.

lee
Rating
It's your diet. High protein low carbs. Try this website www.bodyforlife.com. Menus and exercise programs and ways to pick up your metabolism. If you can stick to this diet the fat will melt off your body. It did for me and many others.

Sunidaze
What is your diet like? Have you altered that along with beginning an exercise program? And with cardio...what intensity are you going at? And don't do the same routine everyday...it gets boring for you and your body will get used to it in no time. Consider using the services of a personal trainer for a little bit so that way they can get you on a diet and exercise program that best suits your needs.

whatsit
If you want to lose weight.. walk, or swim.. if you want to build muscle.. lift weights. Muscle weighs more than fat so you might be losing fat and gaining muscle.. thereby seeming to have gained weight. Well you have gained weight but it's muscle.
BUT I'd go get my thyroid checked. If it's out of whack you gain weight and nothing you do will affect it. Get going to the doctor.

onewikkedwoman
What are your eating habits? You won't lose weight if you are not eating a well balanced diet. I also had the same problem, loads of exercise, no results. I changed my diet a couple of weeks ago and I am now noticing a difference. I'm not really losing the weight, but am definitely toning up my body. You are probably building muscle mass -not loosing the weight but toning up. Like I said, the key thing here is a well balanced diet.

yums
Rating
yr probably building muscle up this will weigh heavy. are you eating a healthier lower calorie diet as well. read tips on weight loss and exercise on this site

Joe P
Are you eating a healthy diet? Eating foods with all those nasty chemicals can cause you to be sluggish. Stick with it. I did it for 6 months before I seen any change, then my body started losing weight to fast. So be careful how much you work out.Good luck.

♥M3GANN♥
u ahve to eat healthy too or else youll be excercising nd losing but then not eating healthy and puttng it back on or else all your fat is turning into muscle thats what ahppened to me!

georgia
well, either you have lost lots of inches because you are converting from fat to muscle, or, you are using your exercise as an excuse to eat more.
i've always heard that weights should be done every other day, with a day in between for the muscles to restructure and rest.

sherirenee1954
Rating
Are you dieting also, or just exercising? I would say you are building muscle. If your clothes are fitting differently, you are probably losing weight, but just building muscle. You don't need to exercise that many days a week for that long. That might be your problem.

kittyluver
Rating
Different things work for different people. I would suggest seeing a personal trainer who can do a proper evaluation of your body and determine what amount and degree of exercise is best for you to lose weight. If you cannot afford a trainer, then at least go visit one once. Many of them offer a free initial training. This would be enough for them to at least evaluate you and give you some pointers. Best of luck and don't give up! (I bet you have a lot of muscle!) Also, are you eating right?

Voxtar
you need to diet too

Katie
You gotta stop eating crap or you'll never loose weight, eat healthily and you'll lose it.

Smitty
You should probably change up your work out, so you aren't doing the same thing all the time and targeting the same places.
Give yourself more variety.

Demon Doll
Rating
You're probably losing fat and gaining muscle, and it won't really show as losing weight because muscle weighs more than fat. Rather than looking at a number on a scale, go by how your clothes fit and how you think you look.

YourDreamDoc
Rating
watch for your diet..

If you exercise a lot, and eat them all back. It means nothing too...

kja63
Rating
Not eating properly would be my guess.

Can you give us your age, gender, height & weight, along with a sample daily menu?

tm99
what are you eating?

Ewww Gross
are you also dieting?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy