Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Help me please?
i really want to lose weigh tbu ti don't like working out and i love junk food. what can i do?
Additional Details
and i'm also 14 and in 7th grade ...

Working out makes me so hungry, I always end up gaining weight. How can I avoid this?
I know that working out can also make you gain MUSCLE weight, and that's not what I'm talking about. But when I start working out, I am RAVENOUSLY hungry all the time. I eat way more ...

If alot of fat people are fat because of illness, why dont you get fat people in the 3rd world?

Additional Details
white plu dont you understand the question you dozy c**t....

Am i fat???
i weigh anywhere between 92.5 - 95.5.
i am 5-1 and 1/2
i was just wondering because my sister calls me a fatty and a pig.
hmmm
please answer!!!...

How do people achieve a very flat stomach ? (without doing sit ups ...)?

Additional Details
running ..? no offence but i don't feel running helps .... it just train my legs rather than tummy ......

How much do you weigh?

Me anorexic? -10 lbs. in 1 week?
Ok, so, I just wanted to ask an outer source. How do I know if I've gone too far, and when have i crossed that line that i didn't want to cross into an eating disorder? All my friends say ...

My pants are loser my face is thinner, but I don't seem to lose any weight, why?
I've been swimming 1.5 km daily for some months now. Everyone tells me how much I've lost weight, how much my face is thinner, all my pants are looser; I need to buy new pants 'coz ...

Is my size normal for a girl my age?
im 12 turning 13 at the end of this year.
im 5" 1'.
i weigh 117.
is it because im asian?
or is it just the way it is?

please be honest.
like hardcore ...

I am just 14 and i weigh 65 help me loose weight?
i want to loose weight so that iwill be glamourous.is there any tablets for that purpose and if tell me name and timings to use.
iam ready to do zym but one fear is taht i wont grow ie my ...

If i drink loads of beer on a night is it true?
that you will burn all the beer calories off the next day by doing lots of crunches and pushups or biking for 30 ...

Im 11 and i think im fat on my thighs (ahh) i weigh 125 wat i do?

Additional Details
plus im 5"1' and a ...

How fast can I lose 50-60 pounds?
I'm a very active person. I play tennis and volleyball after school every day along with doing 1 hour to 1 hour 1/2 dance routines at night. What is the best way to lose 50-60 pounds fast? And ...

I am trying to cut out junk food but love it too much.?
When I get a craving for it, what techniques can I use to stop myself??...

How much should a 13 year old weigh if they are 5'1"????
It's not for me, but greatly appreciated
=]...

Am i overweight?
i am almost 13 and i am about 5'4'' and i weight like 150. Don't be nice just yes or no. if yes (most likely) could you give me some things i could do to lose some?? I am also in ...

Are low calorie yoghurts fattening?
i love yoghurts and i have them all the time but are they really fattening?...

How can I get out of P.E.?
Yes, I am lazy....

Im 13 lost alot of weight and ive just blacked out !! but i feel fat what do i do !!?
Hey im laura im 13 over the last few weeks ive starved myself i feel so fat people call me fat ive lost alot of weight and im starting to like how i look but i cant stop what im doing ive just ...

Tell me the easiest & fastest way to put on weight???
I'm sixteen, terribly Handsome, but the only drawback I have is my Weight 55kgs which isn't matching my Height 5'9'' (five feet nine inches) Kindly let me know some useful ...

pmcg1965
I am 40 stone and cant lose any weight - Do you think I should just stop trying and keep eating?

Razzle
Rating
keep eating till your body just gives up or Gastric bypass is your only option matey...

crazeygrazey
You obviously have bulimia.

You just haven't learnt the vomiting bit.

Enrol in your local upchucking classes and impress your friends.

simon ST150
Rating
Don't stop trying if you want to loose weight, get medical help or seek a support group to help you (and I don't mean weight watchers), your Doctor should be able to help you there. Good Luck and all the best!

-(Z)-
Rating
Moderation is the Key!

If you really wanna be realistic then you can lose 4-5 lbs a week. Losing 30lbs should take roughly 6weeks. Simply lower your eating intake by 1/3 and eat as soon as you get hungry. This will increase your body's metabolism and help to burn that excess energy instead of storing it as fat.

(Most importantly avoid light snacks in-between meals as this will increase your food intake without you even realising it).

Also some exercises, nothing too drastic. Just 20 sit-ups in the morning, 20 sit-ups at night before bed. 10 push-ups morning and night and some extended brisk walks up-to 30minutes a day (a slightly hilly terrain is ideal), and a 15min jog only once a week. (and increase the number of walks/sit-ups etc as you get used to them).

Follow this regime and your 30 lbs should drop within 6 weeks. And the best thing of all you really don't have to drastically change your diet or even exert yourself during exercise. And can actually be enjoyable. With this method, your not actually dieting, it;'s more of a lifestyle change.

P.S. Walking on hilly terrain, at steep angles is great, probably the best from of buttock and leg exercise, they get real firm!

And Drink plenty of water - preferably 5litres on average, this will help replenish your body, rehydrate your skin - it will have a healthy glow and also give you a more accurate reading of your weight when you weigh yourself as the initial weight loss is due to a lack of water retention.

If you don't eat breakfast, your metabolism doesn't get started until you DO eat. You body goes into 'fat storing mode', just in case it doesn't get fed again for a long time. Its a defence/survival mechanism. Can I suggest that you have a good breakfast before anything else. Don't plan your day around food and eat when you're hungry and not fanciful. Stop eating when your tummy feels full. If you chew slowly the brain tells you are full a lot quicker.

meeting in the aisle
Gastric Bypass may be your best option.

***MitsyGal***
If you can cope with the extra responsabilities you should buy a dog as they help you keep fit when you keep taking them for a walk and they give you a reason to get out of the house. You also tend to forget about food as much when you have a dog to look after as they need tending to and you can also get into a regime of when to exercise and not realise its good for you cos you think that your just walking the dog. And I know this sounds strange but try looking at cooking lessons as they can teach you alot about good food and the best way to prepare healthy and large portions without doing yourself any harm. Please dont loose faith in yourself !
Good luck and I hope this helps

A Yellow Walrus Writes...
Rating
It's the second coming! Only Christ could survive at that weight. Messiah! Save me!

gra a
Rating
go on! have another pie

ronaldmallier
Its a strain on your heart !
try eating more fruit and vegatables
cut down on meat and junk food
you will feel much better
and live longer
good luck
RON

Little miss pie!
Don't stop trying!
Get a snack box and fill it with healthy things, like fruit, low fat yogurts, you get the picture, anything below 150 calori4es, but don't have too much stuff in there.
When you fel like snacking then eat from there.
Make a rule not to have more than 300 calories for breakfast, 500 calories for lunch and no more than 600 calories for dinner. Drink things like orange squah, stuff like cranberry and blackcurrent edrinks have a lot of calories in them.
Excercise!!!!
Force yourself to do at least 20 sit ups a day, whether they are seperately or all at once. Go out for a walk every other day. Become a member of a gym and make an effort to go at least once a fortnight. Being over weight is health threatening.
Take the stairs rather than the lift. If you need the toilet than go upstairs.
get out once in a while. Go out to bowling, cinema, or even out to a HEALTHY meal with your friends once a week or so.
Don't give up and make a schedule and stick to it.

caretoshare2000
I think you need to stop focusing on the weight for a moment and start focusing on WHY you are eating? I think more often than not people eat through an emotional need - to fill a gap in their lives. I think you need to start figuring out what that gap is.

I'm not saying that you should give up trying to lose weight. If you're 40 stone it will be a tremendous strain on your body. I think that you need to start focusing on yourself and your personality and figure out what gap food is filling - because it's not really your stomach...

love helper
Rating
at ur weight even dropping down to half of wat ur eating now is gona make u lose weight and alot of it like 10 pounds a week
try eating only salads and some protien like checken and fish is really good for u fat free yogurs and tons of water and ull see results sooner then u might expect

chatsplas
Nope, UP your activity level, exercise, walk, etc. Increase your metabolism and burn off more calories, while also reducing caloric intake.

notgnal
Get to the doctors and get help...dont give up...

Cor blimey.
No. put more effort into it. DO NOT give up. it will be worth it in the end.

Croxx
Rating
The question should be - why can't I stop eating surly?

Fetch and cook all your own food - you would not be 40 stone then!

Rizla07
My friend, you need to take it slowly and need to be careful on the other hand too.

Just keep trying, the more you try, the more succesfull you are at something.

Your 40 Stones, people that are twice your size keep going until they lose some stones.

Just buy some exercise equipment, go to the gym, make sure you exercise 3-5x a week.

If you need more info, contact me, I'll be more than happy to help.

P.S TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF MATE!

jellybeanqueen
what is 40 stone in lbs?

shutyerfaceup
I think you should be ashamed at weighing 40 stone. See your doctor for medical help with weight loss. You're killing yourself, you glutton

RICHARD S
Rating
I don't mean to be rude, but if you can't lose any weight, you aint tryin!

JACKIE T
I really sympathise with the problems you are facing, as it can seem a neverending battle to lose weight.

Some people do find it more difficult than others to lose weight, but it is not impossible.

Just a pound a week and you have done well. Obviously everyone would like fast results, but slow weight loss is much more likely to be sustained in the long term. If you can keep this up and think long term, then in six months you will have lost 24lbs or getting on for 2 stones. This will really make a difference. Taking more exercise will help burn more calories.

Losing weight will improve your health in so many ways. Just losing 10% of your current weight can make a difference in the way you feel on a daily basis.

. Increased energy level
. Lower your cholesterol levels
. Reduce your blood pressure
. Reduced your aches and pains
. Improved mobility
. Improve your breathing
. Help you sleep better and wake more rested
. Prevention of angina, chest pain caused by decreased
oxygen to the heart
. Decreases you risk of suddn death from heart disease or
stroke
. Prevention of Type 2 diabetes
. Improved blood sugar level

But most importantly all of these will increase your life expectancy by far.

Try to keep junk foods, ready made meals and takeaways to a minimum. These are all high in refined sugar and high in saturated fat. Cutting out these altogether, or having them in MODERATION only will have a great effect of your weight loss alone.

Lindi C
Rating
Personally I think as long as you eat healthily you're on the right track. If you feel like you are obese then don't make it worse by eating just for the sake of it. Many people I have come across have a thyroid problem which is what makes them baigger regardelss of what they eat. As for losing weight, I have no advice there, just eat healthy. I know healthy eating is extremely expensive, but try as hard as you can. Also, you did not elaborate on your age, and who knows, you may still have the chance to start making it better rather than continue making it worse. It's never too late, and I have also heard of people who are fairly young and overweight, but with a lust for life. Remember that the older you get, ie pensioners age, you will start losing weight anyway as your body slows down everything, literally, so just stay healthy and stay away from too much fast food, as you might run a health risk just by eating junk. Have a happy, healthy diet and do as much exercise as you can, don't push yourself too much, but also don't be too lazy. Try to feel good about yourself and you will learn to accept others like you - there are many out there!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy