Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Do you think I am fat?
I'm super super self-concious and I weigh about 135 pounds, im 12, going into 7th grade and 5'3-4"
i dont look my weight at all and i look pretty good for my age..but i know im ...

How do i stop wanting to eat ALL the time?
im putting on weight recently and its because i pretty much need to eat all the time. (i exercise normally). i try to eat healthy but then i see a choc bar and think to myself "whats this little ...

Quickest way to lose weight?
i really want to lose a couple pounds b/f school starts & i only have 2 to 3 ...

Am i going 2 become fat?
i am 15, female short (5'1) and quite lightish at the moment (7 stone or under) my mum is skinny.. but she eats ultra healthy.. i eat ALOT of crap.. 6 bars of choc a day and like 4 bags of ...

How many sit-ups do you guys do per day?

Im 17,what's the fastest way for me to loose weight?

Im addicted to cheese, all my meals involve it! Am i a freak? What can i use instead of cheese?

Am I really that fat?
I feel huge, all the time, Here are some pictures of me:
I feel like my belly is huge:
http://s127.photobucket. Look how ...

I eat and eat and a couple of mins lata i feel starvig what does anyone know what that maybe?
i eat and eat and a few mins lata im starving again and it doesnt matter how much i eat i still feel ...

I need to loose weight, but nothing works.?
I run a mile a day, and do 100 crunches. I don't eat anything, and I only drink water. I have been doing this for about 6 months with no results. what can I do?
Additional Details
I ...

Is ice fattening?
I heard once water freezes and become ice, its fattening, is this true? What are facts about ICE....
How many calories is in an ice cube?...

When I walk, My thighs rub together and I have a nasty rash. What should I do?

Am i fat at all? be honest.!
okay im really self conscious
alright im 15 and 5'0''
im 111 pounds.. my boyfriend says that i have a gorgeous body and i dont wanna lose weight blah blah blah.. do i need to?...

I want to lose 3 pounds?
i'm 13 and my figure skating coach and i are on a diet together and she really wants me to lose 1-3 Lbs. any diet suggestions that take less than 3 wks?...

I cant stop eating i always feel hungry why do i feel like this?
i have just eaten loads of crisps chocolate and donuts. i try not to buy them in i just cant seem to help my self tried getting help from my husband. i work part time and i have to very young ...

Anyone want to support me on my 40 day water fast?
i am emarking on a 40 day water fast, but fear not! its not as crazy as it sounds. i have done much research, and i reckon it the best idea ive ever had. im not planning on being anorexic, actually ...

What is the normal clothes size for 17 year old girl?
I'm on a diet to change my habits. My goal weight is to be at least 126 or 116. I would like to get an outfit that will give me motivation to keep going but I have no idea what size a normal ...

How do i lose 20 pounds in one month?

Do you take vitamins everyday?
Which vitamins do you take?
Additional Details
How important is it to take them? I'm 28 and have never gotten into the habit of taking them. What should I be taking?...

When is the best time to exercise, before or after you main meal?
I would usually work out after my main meal so I can burn off the calories, but sometimes its not viable so if i workout before a meal will the workout become a waste of time as I will be placing all ...

kir kir
I've been eating 1100 calories a day and haven't lost weight - any ideas why?
Hiya, i've been on a 1100 calorie a day diet for a week and not lost a pound - and i've really stuck to it too. My friends say it cos i've been building up muscle when i'm at the gym, but it doesn't seem likely that i would have built up that much in the space of a week.
I'm 5' 4 and weigh 10st 3 - should i be eating less calories to get an effect, or does it just take a while to see a change? I have quite an active job too.
Additional Details
The thing is i checked on that BMI index thing and it said i was overweight and that i should lose about a stone so that's what i've been aiming for.
I do do cardio at the gym aswell - maybe i should do more.
I don't have a very good sleep pattern - i do alot of nightshifts.

I love asian men
Start throwing-up now.

Timmy
eat 1000 not 1100 and walk more often for Pete's sake

The truth be told by a fellow
Rating
Create a Calorie Deficit
In order to lose weight, you must create a calorie deficit. It is easier and healthier to cut back your calorie intake a little bit at a time. Every 3,500 calories is equivalent to one pound.

So, if you cut back 500 calories a day, you should lose about one pound per week. That said, If you exercise to burn off 500 calories a day you should lose approximately one pound per week. Do both, and ... you get the picture. Ideally, you should do a combination of both, (such as cut back 250 calories; burn an extra 250 calories).

Your weight loss will vary from week to week and at times you may even gain a little weight -- if you're working out you could be developing muscle, which weighs more than fat.

The long-term results are what matters.

Lose at a Healthy Rate
A healthy weight loss goal is to lose .5 to 2 pounds per week. Losing more than 2 pounds per week will mean the weight is less likely to stay off permanently. Never cut back to fewer than 1,200 daily calories without medical supervision.

To find out how you are spending your current calorie intake, keep a detailed food diary for at least one week. (You can check the calorie content of most foods at Calorie Count Plus.)

Make the Cut(s)
With careful review, you will find ways to cut back those 250 calories a day: the milk in your cereal ... the can of soda you drink daily ... the butter on your toast.

Making little changes like these will really add up in the long run.

To assess your daily caloric intake, use Calorie Count Plus to look up the calorie content of the foods you recorded in your food diary. Pay attention to serving sizes -- if your portion consisted of two servings, then be sure you double the calories. Track your daily intake either online or in your food journal.

Next, find foods you can do without altogether, reduce portions of, or switch for lower-calorie alternatives.

And guess what? It's easier than you think. Take it one meal at a time. Or even one food at a time. And then, one day at a time.

Tomorrow, trade whole milk for reduced-fat milk The next day, try diet soda instead of regular. Three days in, switch to light wheat bread instead of white. All the calorie-reductions you make (and stick to) will add up in the long run.

Burn it Off!
Becoming more active will knock the remaining 250 calories out. For example, a 180-pound person who walks at a brisk 3 mph will burn just over 250 calories in 45 minutes.

Experts agree that it's easier to exercise than to cut the same number of calories that exercise shaves off. In other words, it's just plain easier for us to be a little more active than to do without more food to achieve the same calorie reduction.

gingergeorgecat
Rating
you don't really say what exercise you do at the gym and what your diet was like before you started this new one ... i never weigh myself i always measure myself with a tape measure, try making a note of your measurements and re do them fortnightly, you'll notice a real difference after a few months

1100 cal is not enough, you need to up it to 1500

kiss*xo
Rating
you must be eating the wrong foods with your breads. try healthy fats like meats to go with it.

John M
Depends on how often you've been going to the gym and the intensity of your work outs. It's entirely possible that the weight is muscle mass, as muscle weighs more than fat.

It will take longer than a week for any visible difference. Stick to it.

Ashy
No people say the amount of calories you eat effects your weight loss but only if your extrememly overweight...which you are not! If you start eating that many calories your body gets used to it and starts to burn off less calories.

Thats what i was told...It's only been a week, give it a month to see a difference!

Maureen L
Rating
U need to do some more active exercises, not just lifting weights. I reccommend u try out Billy Blanks Bootcamp or something. It is a calorie burning exercise set, and I mean calorie-burning!!!! If u don't get the Bootcamp, buy "Get Ripped". Trust me, it works. If u do it everyday, u will definitely see a difference in 7 days. The scale won't lie!!!

G V
I think it takes awhile, for the past 3 weeks i have substituted lunch for a soy based protein shake. It taste great and it keeps me less bloated, but I dont think i have lost a pound.

Just give it time.

Tinkerbell
Rating
Im surprised you can stand up if your only eating 1100 calories a day, you should be eating between 1800 and 2000 calories and doing excercise, your body is probably storing the calories as fat, as you are denying it of food, which the body needs to function properly.

spence dog
cardio would help, also reduce the fat content of what ever your eating.

Derke N
Rating
I'd guess you're either miscounting, drinking lost of water or not going to the lavatory. After a week of 1100 calories per day you would feel your blood sugar and energy levels at a low.

Away With The Fairies
Rating
Gosh, that's a tricky one. You're not too overweight, which is part of the problem - once you're at or close to your ideal weight it does get harder but at 1100 calories and working out I'm surprised you haven't seen a difference. Have you dieted previously? If so your metabolism could well have gone into shutdown in anticipation of calorie deficit. I use Trim Right herbal supplements to suppress appetite and increase metabolism. Try including some power walking or cycling into your fitness regime to give your metabolism a kick start.

Brad C
Rating
1. You need to be more patient. One week won't show much change.

2. Burn more calories - run, swim, or play regular sports that involve running

One life.
Rating
Could easily be the fact that you have put on muscle as muscle is heavier, try some cardio work instead as it will burn more without the muscle gain.

crisis
Rating
you can only get so skinny before it becomes really difficult to lose weight. That's not to say that you can't lose anymore weight..because if you starved yourself or ate nothing but carrots you would. But i would take it as a sign that you are doing more harm than good and that you're at an acceptable (actually too thin) weight.

Anyway...once you get really skinny it takes more exertion to shed weight away because at this point you dont have much if any fat to lose..and you're just losing muscle mass and needed fats that surround your organs and bone tissues and stuff.
so stop it...you're getting anorexic.

Roberta
Rating
Eating low calorie food doesn't lose the pounds alone. You got to add exercise in the mix.

Kayylah
Rating
Low calorie intake isn't the only thing you should be focusing and keeping track on when you want to lose weight. You should be eating healthy foods, getting your perfect amount of sleep (the more you sleep, the better you feel& the less you eat, because you're sleeping =) ), keep being active, and drinking a lot of water (water flushes fat& toxins that stay in your body out) - it really works. Diets NEVER work. Some may, but none will come close to as good as the old-fashioned advice I just gave you there. Stick to what I said and you should feel healthier, more alert and lose weight in no time! =) Good luck!

Elza K
you shouldnt be diet it takes months huh not weeks

tae
Rating
wow. active job + gym with 1100 calories. thats hella low. at that calorie rate your body will break down your muscles for more energy. and your body adjusts to your daily intake so you'll have low calorie daily intake. eating that little probably brought down your metabolism and your not burning any fats and not losing any weight. bring the calorie up to about 1600 at LEAST. just low down on the carbs and notch up the proteins. if you can eat 1100 calories a day, just add about 200 calories worth of food after breakfast lunch and dinner as snacks. it'll help you keep up with your metabolism. also, do interval run for 15 min every day. (jog -> run -> dash -> jog -> run-> dash *repeat*.) running that way increases your metabolism and helps you lose weight fast.

galichealer
Rating
You need to burn more calories than you consume. You could be gaining muscle and losing fat. Muscle does weight more than fat. You will be able to tell if your clothes are getting bigger on you.

Nikolaos
Rating
you need to do cardio, bro

cody
You are better off eating a healthy diet and just doing a lot of cardio exercises, like running, tennis, etc. If you lose weight by not eating enough food, you will just gain it all back and possibly more when you start eating regular again.

buddy
look kir, 1100 calories is not enough
so let me tell you what your body is doing
because your not getting enough calories your body thinks that you are starving so to protect itself it is storeing fat
you want to lose weight bring it up to 2000 caloies and eat a small meal every four to 6 hours this lets your body know there is plenty of food so it lets itself burn better
look eating 2000 calories and doing it eating plenty of veggies of all different types n making sure you have enough fiber a man 30 g a women 25 grams
and getting your dairy and whole grains do this and you will be great looking when you add going to your gym with it listen trust me for one month okay
consider what i told you for one month

Tanked2k
Rating
The problem is buddy your shutting your system down, far too few calories in too little time. Your body will use around 2500 calories a day at resting rate. Then being under fed, it will go in starvation mode, this is when it relises it is not getting the fuel it needs and therefore stores everything it has given to it.

It is recommended to lose 2lb a week as part of a healthy diet and keep the weight off.

To be losing 2lb a week, all you need to do is cut down to 1800 to 2000 calories a day, i assure you if you are training in the gym, doing your cardio and weights then you will start to drop weight off. If you find that it is not working or the weight loss slows up, then increase your cardio or bring your callories down a little.

Remember it is not just how many calories you are taking in it is what you are eating, you haven't given your age which can makes it a little harder to work with, the younger you are the more your body needs its fuel, if you need some help and tips on whast to eat then drop me a pm and i'll try and help out mate.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

xxboricuacutiexx
Rating
Well, remember if you want to lose weight, you should have balance between your diet, and working out. And you're probably really eager to see results, but it takes time to actually see them. Just have a healthy lifestyle and the results will eventually come :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy