Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i anorexic?
i dont eat breakfast and i dont eat lunch at school.i am naturally very skinny (one of those people who can eat a ton but never get fat). i dont eat not bcuz i think i am fat...i just dont like ...

How many calories a day?
How many calories a day should you have to be healthy but loose some weight. I know its more than 1000....

14 years old 5'4 and i weigh 117!!?
Do i need to lose weight??...

Is this a healthy body type for my age?
Im 13, about 137 lbs. 5'4 size 6-8...do you think I should start excercising more and eating much more healthier, or not worry about it for a while?
Additional Details
If you think I...

Does alcohol speed up your metabolism while on a diet?

How can I grow taller?
I wanna grow taller and I will realy wanna boost my height a lot in the next 2 months can I do that, I keep hearing from friends what helps is doing sports and eating well, please tell me which ...

I am 12 and weight 130 pounds. am i overweight??

Additional Details
i am 5ft3....

I'm 5'2" and 120 lbs, should I loose weight (pic included)?
http://i420.photobucket. http://i420.photobucket.
T...

Is my eating today ok? Im 17 5'5 118lbs.....trying to lose weight for a beach holiday?
Its 1pm

Bfast: Dry cereal
Lunch: Shaved chicken with a bit of spinach and fetta

I will snack on an apple and other fruit.....

What should I have for dinner? Will ...

Why should I not eat whatever I want?
It's a debate I have between me and a friend of mine. We both take multivitamins, but I still try to eat right (cutting back on red meat, eating fruits and veggies). He on the other hand eats ...

HELP ME PLEASE! I am 17 and a FAT skinny person?
I think Im a FAT skinny person
Im 5'5 118lbs
Im going on a beach holiday in 2 months and wna wear a bikini
How can I tone up?
I dont have time cos im in year 12 and work.

Really want to lose weight this month, advice?
When I moved in with my husband over the summer I was exactly the size I looked good as--curvy but healthy. But after living with my husband... I ate more. I really shouldn't have, but I didn...

I'm the fattest i've ever been!!?
help! i thought i was like 100lbs but weighed myself this morning and the scales said 103, i actually can't remember the last time i weighed this much. my absoloute highest weight was like 106...

walk like a panther
I'm a thin vegetarian male, whats the best way for me to gain muscle without having to eat meat?
I'm 30 years old, 6ft with a 30" in wist which I want to keep but how do I bulk up on muscle on my chest, arms and legs without eating loads of meat? I go to the gym for about 2 hours 3 times a week, do I need to do more?

john
Rating
use steriod.

iusedtolooklikemyavatar
steroids.
No seriously heavier weights, less rep's.
Lot's of pasta, oils, fish and avocados.

Taylor29
Eat pasta and that protein stuff you can buy from the gym.Ask one of the trainers there for advice

anna
Rating
Soy products are good-quality protien, as are seitan and mushrooms. Eggs are good if you're ovolacto or ovovegetarian.
Do your body a favour and stay off the steriods, though. None of those capsule supplements they sell at the gym are good for you in the long term.

?
when i was 30 i had a 30" waist and am 6' too. and also veggy since i was 19, now 39,couldnt put on weight wotever i done, im a builder so very active and stressfull. knocked it on the head when i was 37 for 5 months and done taxi work, put on 2 stone!!! back to building work now and lost it again although i am a 34" waist now, beer that is .lol

pete h
Pump Iron!!

IloveMarmite
Rating
My dad is tall and thin and no matter what sport he used to do (and he eats meat) thin is thin and theres not too much you can do about it. Don't over do the sport though please !!

Good Luck!!

hvjhv
Rating
Legumes and nuts have lots of protein, and I would supplement a protein shake (check ingredients, of course) in between meals.

rainbowz001
Rating
a high protien diet doesn't mean meat only dear....go for high protien shakes and power bars...
that aught to help some...
drink lots-o-soymilk
3 days a week of lifting to build,
1-2 days a week for cardio,
you should start to see a difference in about 30 days...keep up the good work...also carbs such as pasta is good right b4 a workout, dont overdo though...keep us posted on how you do..

J.B.
protien shakes, ull get ur protien w/o the meat

retroman
Got to be a high protein supplement you don't say what you are doing in the gym you need a free weights gym give yourself weight targets increasing weights and reps I think what you are doing at the moment is basically a good fitness routine but not programmed enough to put on muscle eg with enough resistance on the cycle machine you will put on calf muscle all muscle building is, is simply lifting a resistance you then put on muscle to overcome the resistance (you will get a high protein sup.from any good health shop)

honker
Eat soybean cakes into recipe meals & vegetables. Checkout Asian meals made with soybean

şιlvэя άпđ ĉðłď♥
Rating
Invest in a Bowflex machine. I've heard those are the best.

*christee*
Why don't u go to gym more often and do exercise that involves your arms!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

bobbie21brady
protien shakes work good. They come in a BIG plastic container that are a powder form that you mix yourself.

Erised
Rating
buy whey protein powder. It's made from milk so you won't be eating meat.

eranana77
Rating
if you want to build muscle spend less time in the gym, you are burning more calories by being in for that amount of time . 1 hour is plenty maybe even 45min. Try adding more protein to your diet by eating whole grains, soy, flax, and legumes. eat more meals a day (6) and drink juices and exercise drinks in addition to water also limit the amount of cardiovascular exercise daily, how much you weigh may also play into muscle proportion

Scotty Gecko
Rating
go to Vitamin Shoppe. They sell vegetarian protein supplements and weight gainer for you to build muscle. Plus, make sure you eat plenty of carbs every day too - if you don't eat enough calories through carbs, your body will burn protein and muscle instead, thus working against your muscle building efforts.

Daddy Mac
Rating
Some things are just gentic my man. It is hard to pack on weight and muscle being a veggie. But when lifting, you can increase your weight, lower your reps, and eat good amounts of protein and calories. There are nice options such as boca burgers and veggie dogs that have tons of protein, or as another option you could buy a vegitabel derived protein fomr a GNC or other health food store.

Aside form that, keep goals, but at the same time be ok with what your body is like now.

Good luck.

bballplaya706
Well going to the gym is about the best thing you can do, but order protein powder online, I don't have the source right now, but get the wheat protein powder (it comes in a couple of flavors) with double the protein. You will get results in a couple of weeks, and if you dont like how it tastes, add some splenda to it, it helps alot. Hope this helps.

Mai C
Rating
become older or get married. men always get fatter after they marry.

Fitforlife
Walk like a panther; please understand that not everyone is the same. Genetics plays a 60% role in building lean muscle mass, and no matter how much science there is, a persons ability to gain muscle has allot more to do than science and how long you workout in the fitness studio. Being 6 foot tall and having a 30 inch waist equates you to one of the three body groups that every human falls under. You fall under the Ectomorph and that means that you are a hard gainer. You have long legs/arms and low body fat, and of course your muscles are small. The best training that will be beneficial is if you train with heavy weight. You must use a combination of barbell and dumbells in achieving this. 4 or 5 sets of 6 to 8 reps should be you training plan, and ensure you have a 2-3 minute rest between sets. You will also need allot of protein, and if you can digest whey, I would recommend a good quality whey protein powder. You have a faster metabolism and burn calories rapidly, so don't be too concerned about your cardio training, in fact you should do cardio after weight training and only about 15 to 20 minutes. You should also consider a Mon/Wed/Fri weight training schedule by body parts, keeping Tue/Thr for swimming, or other low-impact cardio. You will have to find some healthy snacks, and your calorie intake should be over 2600 daily.....watch your fat intake!

Now, in reference to you being a vegetarian we have to consider some things you will lack in not eating meat such as Vitamin B-12, etc. You will have to get some good vitamin suppliments mostly one that covers all the Vitamin B's. Pasta, Oatmeal, Dark Bread should be the foundation of your diet.

your weight lifting should be about 45 minutes. 2 hours may mean you are over training!!!!!

www.bodybuilding.com

You can do it. But you have to understand that your training techniques, nutrition, etc., may be different than other people. One strong positive point about your body type and that is your muscles will not have any fat around them...and that is Great!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy