Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What would be an unhealtily low weight for my height?
ie: losing periods, losing muscle mass, general bad health?
I'm 5'7 and 110 ( so dont worry im not underweight or anything) but just wondered at what weight i would be underweight....

Am i fat? Details included...it seems..all my fat goes to one place?
I am a 14 year old girl...who plays alot of sports....including basketball (Top scorer for 3 years straight). ....i weight 118 on good days...123 on bad days. it seems..my arms are pretty thin.......

Why havent I lost weight?
For over a month i have been doing a self control thing with my diet, Im a vegetarian, i dont eat artificial sugars or have caffine. I havent lost any weight at all which is what i would have liked, ...

Toooooooo skinny or normal????
is this too skinny or normal???
hott body or not???
if you are a guy would you date a girl with a body like this or is it not curvy enough???
RATE THE BODY 1-10.
the person is 5�...

My sister is 12 yaears old and she weighs 98 pounds is she fat??

Do you actually eat what the food pyramid says?
I mean...cmon. I eat healthy, I eat vegetarian, but no matter how frickin hard I try I can never get each food group into a day. Obviously, I have to replace the dairy with soymilk and the meat with ...

Swimming good for muscles or what?
Does swimming make you stronger or is it only good for toning and lossing weight? (note I do not want to loose weight) Please HELP!
Additional Details
But if I increase my caloric intake ...

I need to know just a simple answer about loosing weight?
ok, my birthday is in march, and I want to loose 45 pounds by then, my question is, if I start my diet in 1 week (which will be just eating all the way healthy, and no junk or sugar at all) and if I ...

How do you get a quick flat belly?
i run at least 3 miles a day and i eat healthy so wtf am i missing?...

I think I have an eating disorder???
I binge/purge at least once a week, usually more, and the rest of the week I skip meals, or eat very little. No body knows this information, but everybody assumes Im okay because im smarter than that,...

Is the Aitkins Diet safe?
Does any have serious objections to this diet? Are there any short term or long term side-affects Ishould worry about?...

Am I fat???? Professional help would be great, but other help works too!?
Im 5'2" female, and weigh 91 lbs. Thats not fat...is it?

im 13...

How tall are you? How much to you weight?
I'm 5'3" and weight 175lbs (i'm pregnant) not that it's an excuse....

Is it true that diet coke makes you gain weight?

What are the quickest ways to lose weight that are not necesarily healthy?

Additional Details
i'm not huge but ive gone into a depression for my weight. i dont know why...im 5' 1" , 15 years, and weigh about 130....

Why do fat people allways blame their weight on medical conditions?

I wonder is it possible to lose 100 pounds in two-three months..?
Do you think so? They say the body is very amazing and what it can do? If so how...?
Additional Details
Am really considering doing this and live to tell it....

Am I overweight?
I am about 5'3.
I weigh around 122.
I just turned 12.
If I am what is the QUICKEST way to lose weight and how much?...

How many liters of water should i drink per day ?
How many liters of water should i drink per day ?...

5'2'' and 106 lbs. am i fat?
i think i'm fat.
but i wear a size 00 pants and XS shirts.
but I FEEL SO FAT. everyday.

help.
Additional Details
andd it's not like a have a
six pack ...

leezaaa
I'm 15 years old and I need to lose 50 pounds. Any tips?
I am 5'7 and weigh 205 lbs.
I'm out of control with yo-yo dieting, and I need help.
Any tips are more than appreciated.

Mari
yes I have a tip. go to the doctor and ask him how you should lose weight.

oxlaurennicolexo
Rating
Go to weight watchers. They usually have free enrollment and its $12 a week. It's the only thing that works long term, and they have special meal plans for minors.

chigago
Rating
the best way to lose a lot of weight is to go for walk regularly in the morning do some yoga or go to yoga classes . before the walk put honey and lime into the milk and drink it and stop eating oily food try to avoid junk food it works i have lost 40 pounds by this process

John C
Rating
This is what i did when i weighted 210lbs, now like 170ish trying to lose more in healthy wayT.T. Go to YMCA and exercise different kinds of cardio. If you have will power and endure at least 1 week. Then you can lose at least 40 pounds in 1 and half month. Swimming is really good! AND ALSO, DONT ABLE INTAKE JUNK FOODS OR ANYTHING THAT HAS HIGH FAT. EAT LOW CALORIE FOODS: Seaweeds,Chicken Breasts, FISH, Vegetables, Fruits, and DRINK water.
If you can follow these rules you can lose more than i did. Starting weight lost from 230lbs and around 180 is easy. Since people who weights more will more likely to lose more than a person that weighs 150lbs.

Nichole W
Rating
This past summer (16 years old), I picked up a book on teen dieting that was really easy and I lost 30 pounds by November! The key is to eat every 3 hours, so you won't feel hungry. Eventually the cravings to eat goes away. You know that hunger you get when other people around you are eating-and you suddenly want it? Even that goes away. The trick was eat within the first hour you wake up, no more than a 400 calorie meal (try to have close to that for the first couple of weeks so you don't feel like you're having light meals), three hours later have a hundred calorie snacke (hundred calorie packs are REALLY good, and really easy to find at any grocery store on the snack asile), three hours later for lunch have another 400 calorie meal (this one's harder, but a wheat sandwich and some baked chips go far), three hours later another hundred calories, three hours later for dinner another 400 calories (this is the hardest one for me. I eat a SMART MEAL from the frozen food asile. They're good and I get to have something different every day if I like to-and they don't taste like cardboard!). three hours later there is an optional desert of 50 calories. Don't eat more than these 50 calories worth before you go to sleep, otherwise it sits on you. Nights are the worst time (and my favorite time) to have a big snack.

Keeping a food journal for the first two weeks helps. Keeping track of what you eat, when you eat, how many calories it was (even if if was over your limit) helps. Beside it, write about how it affected you, and what you're looking forward to. By the end of the month, if you stick to your diet plan, you will see some improvement on the scale!

Don't be discouraged, a lot of people have a hard time with this. For lunch at school, bring a lunch, one tha fits your diet plan AND one that you like! Avoid going out to dinner for the first two weeks-and if you do, try to have in mind what you're going to get before you get there: a grilled chicken sandwich-no fries, a chicken salad, fish, etc. Most places have a low-fat section of the menu anyway to help you out.

The first two weeks are the toughest in starting a new diet, but after that is when you won't feel the hunger, and it gets easier from there on. Go grocery shopping with your parents and have them get you things that fit your diet plan-if they decide not to stick to it, too. Explain to them what you're doing, too. And go get the 3 Hour Diet for Teens by Jorge Cruise. You won't regret it, and being on a diet and watching your body shrink is the best experience! Good luck!

blondbomber67
Rating
For 10 day's only..Eat egg whites, hard boiled or scrambled..Cottage cheese,Rolled up Ham, Skim milk cheese(lot's of choices!) Granola with dried fruits- rasins, etc. Celery sticks, the whole stick! Broil chicken or pork..Drink water-(sipping is best!) Walk up and down 10 steps for 5 min!

mildjack
Rating
Yo Yo Diets never work, the only diet that works by teaching you about portion control and exercise is weight watchers. My Girlfriend has been doing it for about two months and has lost 16 pounds and she loves it. You don't have to by there food just go to the meetings and do the main thing they teach you and that is portion control.

coolchick415
Rating
go to mypyramid.gov

tf
Rating
Try raw foods. Take walks, go bicycling and skating.

xGeistx tgih
It is a gradual process. First, start off by declaring to yourself that you are truly ready to change for the better.

1. Reduce food intake and add colors (vegetables, fruits, more milk, less soda)

2. Aerobic - running and sweating can help with weight loss. If your high school has a cardio workout room (or exercise bikes/treadmills), then develop a program for yourself (or perhaps with a doctor).

3. Along with cardio, other exercise habits can help the weight loss process. Lifting minor weights (dumbells), getting active in a school sport, etc. all contribute. Don't forget to stretch!

SKATER (119)
join wrestling at your high school.

EASIEST WAY TO LOSE A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF WEIGHT IN SUCH A LITTLE TIME.

i am a small guy with like 10% body fat (which means its HARDER for me to lose weight) and before wrestling season i was 132-ish, and in about a week or two, i was already at my required weight ([119] that the weight class i wrestled).

wrestling is not THAT hard. its just a commitment that you have to STICK to, and eventually it starts growing onto you.

you will LOVE it.

so, if you REALLY are serious about wanting to lose those 50lbs, then you will consider JOINING WRESTLING at your high school.

GOOD LUCK!

_Marco (119)

see me
15 at 5"7 you should become a runner and drink water, most diets dont work though.

starbux
im 16 and im overweight too..

i just joined a gym and i try to go every day .. and if i cant, i go at least 5 times a week. it REALLY helps. even though i haven't seen any pounds shed off- the inches have definitely shed!! and also, i feel a lot better about myself which is just as good as losing weight in my opinion.

the routine i follow at the gym is:
40 minutes on the elliptical or the treadmil (running sometimes hurts my knees.. so i use the elliptical which i LOVE LOVE LOVE. just make sure you start at a lower resistance and then increase throughout your work out)

15 minutes on a bike.. just for a cool down.

then i do different weight machines. if you don't have access to machines, then use free weights or do push ups, pull ups, crunches, etc. using your own body weight is the best thing you can do!

for an eating regiment.. i used to eat a lot of crap. now i eat a lot healthier by incorporating fruits and vegetables, a good amount of carbs, protein (VERY important) and sometimes a low calorie sweet snack. at first i found it hard to do this.. but really, it's all in how much you serve yourself. proportion is everything! remember you can still have what you like.. just keep it to a minimum.

good luck with your weight loss!! keep up the good work!

Beth
Rating
do as much cardio as possible, but if your really out of shape anything will help. Try to eat lots of protien because it will fill you up for a long time

the brain
eat healthy and exercise

Guess Who
stay active, low carb diet, no junk / fast food, exercise. The main thing you need to focus on is stay with one course of action, switching diets is not effective as you now know. I wish you well in your endeavor.

Also and this is very important, DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF. Diet pills are dangerous, losing weight quickly is a heath risk.

Ella
Find an exercise that's fun to do. Maybe listen to music while you work out. That always makes it bearable for me. You pretty much need to make every aspect of this experience enjoyable if you expect to stick with it. Find ways to eat healthily but eat tasty foods at the same time. Smoothies are a good way to do this. The fruit makes it taste so good that you can throw all kinds of healthy goodies in there, like flax seeds and oatmeal. Granola is another good healthy food. Eat low-fat cheese so that you don't have to give it up entirely. Also, drink a lot of water. Buy a huge water bottle and take it with you to school. Water is essential. You need something like 64 ounces in a day. And if you're not a water-drinker, take my advice anyway because after a week or so you'll get used to it. I used to not like water. Don't bother with that colored water powder, or any other fake "diet" type foods like the Special K diet, because what you need is good healthy food, not some processed crap that's being marketed as "good for you."

Good luck!

brenda4ever
Don't diet... you need to change the way you eat all together... Eat something small every two hours and exercises.
swim.. walk, ANYTHING

Josh D
Run and swim, seriously. If you dont want to work for it then prepare for no results. Once you start doing it and seeing results, youll get motivation to keep doing it

Vman
Rating
Don't go on any diets because your body takes a 360 turn from eating what you want, to what your diet tells you to. If your going to do something, stick to it. Like I stopped drinking soda for a year an a half and i plan to for the rest of my life and so far i lost like 60 pounds. Believe me, its good for you and you will feel great. Also go bike riding and eat better, but dont do it temperarily, stick too it.

Kim K
count calories.
check your bmr.
and trust me.
the first 3 days of a diet are the hardest. if you can get through those and stay strong it gets easier and easier.

Look Out
I found this on Yahoo Health
I hope it helps

It is a time-honored tradition to make resolutions at this time of year. If your resolution is to lose weight - and keep it off, then keep reading! Here are six simple tips that will have you losing weight in a balanced and healthy way.

1. Lose weight with water.
Water is essential for everybody - it is also the key to losing weight. If you haven't been drinking enough water, your body has developed a pattern of storing water. This water retention equals extra unwanted weight.

By drinking more water, you are not only flushing out toxins, you are also teaching your body that it no longer needs to store water. Drink at least 60 ounces of water (about 8 glasses) a day. Boil water and sliced lemons, and drink this throughout the day to help with fluid retention. If you are still not sold on the merits of water, try this on for size: water is a natural appetite suppressant.

2. Soup up your weight loss program.
A simple dietary change will have you shedding pounds: eat a bowl of soup at least once a day. Nutritious, low-salt soups will nourish you as they flush waste from your body. People who eat a serving of soup daily lose more weight than those who eat the same amount of calories but don't eat soup. Go for homemade soup whenever possible, as canned soups are loaded with salt and chemicals.

3. Eat early to keep weight off.
The human body follows a circadian rhythm, which means that the same foods eaten at breakfast and lunch are processed differently than when eaten at dinner. Studies show that when you eat your daily protein and fat at breakfast you tend to lose weight and have more energy; however, eating the same things at dinner tend to increase tendencies toward weight gain. I suggest that you eat your last meal of the day by 7 p.m.

4. Eat smaller meals, more frequently.
Follow an eating schedule with five little meals every day. Eating steadily through the day keeps you from becoming famished and overeating at your next meal. Make a low-fat trail mix from raw almonds, pumpkin seeds, dried plum, and apples and have it available at all times to avoid the tempting lure of high-calorie snacks.

5. Adopt a balanced approach to your diet.
Most of the fad diet programs out there nowadays are extreme in a few recommended foods, or else deprive the body of food altogether. This works in opposition to our metabolism and the results usually don't last, producing a yoyo effect that depresses your metabolic function - not to mention your self-esteem. We are natural beings that need a balance of nutrition from all sources.

Your diet should consist of a balance of organic sources of lean protein, complex carbohydrates, whole grains, legumes, nuts, fruits, and vegetables. Instead of white rice and pasta, opt for brown rice, bulgur, millet, or buckwheat.

Eat more green, chlorophyll-rich foods such as broccoli, kale, spinach, and asparagus. Eliminate candy, sugar, soda, and all simple sugars from your diet. Excess sugar ends up being stored as fat in your body, which results in weight gain. Also, keep dairy to a minimum because most dairy products are high in saturated fat. Avoid fatty foods, processed or fried foods.

6. Walk off the weight.
The No. 1 cause of weight gain is inactivity. Physical activity is the key to speeding up your metabolism and burning excess calories. The best way to be physically active is to use your legs! Walk as often and as long as you can. Always take the stairs instead of the elevator.

Step outside during your break at work and take a walk around your building. Consider joining a local hiking club. Try taking a walk 30 minutes in the morning or 30 minutes in the early evening.

I hope this article helps you shed some pounds and add on the years! I invite you to visit often and share your own personal health and longevity tips with me.

May you live long, live strong, and live happy!

-Dr. Mao

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy