Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What do you do when you feel fat and ugly?
Do you have any coping mechanisms for when you feel fat and ugly? What do you do to deal? Work out? Eat less? Meditate? How do you handle it? I feel like a blimp and no amount of eating right or ...

Poll: Do you like your body?
what do/don't you like about it?

asking this because a lot of people posting questions here seem to not.......

Am i considered overweight?
im 14 and 5'8 and i weigh about 149-150?...

How Much Do You Think I Weigh??
http://i285.photobucket.
Im 5'9
Thnks
=]
Additional Details
I Weigh 112 ...

Am i overweight? fat???
im 5 foot 8 and 121 pounds. im 13 years old. and i feel like im kinda fat but everybody tells me im not. HELP....

OMG! I totally need your help!!!!?
Okay, i wanna go on a diet.
i have a plan, i dont really care if i have to starve myself, i can control my appetite...but i mean, i wanna lose weight though. Okay please tell me if it will work, ...

I felt depressed so i just ate 6 bags of crisps. now i feel even worse because mega CALORIES. what shall i do?

What are some foods that can make u gain weight?

Should fat girls be allowed on the beach......?

Fat? please be honest.?
im a 15 year old girl. 5'9"ish and i weight 123 lbs.
is that fat? please tell the truth,...

I'm 21yrs..108Lbs and 5'3" is that beinf too fat?

Is this unhealthy? Am i really killing myself?
I'm 15 years old and i've had pretty good self esteem my whole life but its not great. I'm 5' 3" and I weigh 109 pounds. I run everyday and I'm not a big eater. I might ...

It's embarrassing... ?
Everyday, I eat breakfast around 6AM, and don't get a chance to eat till 12pm.

And whenever I do that, my stomach growls really loudly to signal to me that it's empty and that I&...

How much does it look like I weigh?
I dont care about how much I actually weigh, I just want to know how much I look? You can tell me in pounds or kilograms or just make a comment... I dont really care too much.

http://img78....

Exactly WHY is soda bad for you?
I know that it rots your teeth. and that it's empty calories?

Why else. I'm trying to convince my coworkers to give it up and just drink water, with the "fulfill or on the ...

Is she fat?
she is 4'8 84 punds 5th grade 10 years ...

Is it because I am fat?

Am i anorexic?
My friend and i have a disagreement going.She says i am anorexic i say im not.This is because i skip lunch at school and have a small breakfast and a slighly smaller dinner with no supper.I say that ...

At thirteen how many push ups should i be able to do?

Im 5'11 and weigh 110 should i lose weight?
im trying to be a model and was just wondering
Additional Details
i dont think im fat or anything im not like that its just models ...

Tori
I'm 13 and weigh about 125 pounds. I'm 5'4'' and 1/2. Do I weigh too much?
I'm 13 years old 5'4'' and 1/2 and weigh 126 pounds. I play soccer and basketball at least 5 times a week. Do u guys think I weigh too much? If so could I have some good dieting tips because my friends are all skinnier than me and that makes me very sad and mad >:( :(
Additional Details
THANX GUYS!!!!!!

I have a circle on my head.
Rating
No, you're exactly the right weight and since you're athletic you're probably healthier than your other friends.

redcarpetchic15
Your fine. Its prolly just muscle! :]

Fair
Rating
I did some research and put in your stats. Here is what I found...

"A 13 year old (female) child who is 125 pounds and is 5 feet and 4.5 inches tall has a body mass index of 21.2, which is at the 76th percentile, and would indicate that the child is at a healthy weight."

Hope that helps! Also, you have many, many, MANY years to worry about this stuff. You're young and active, ENJOY IT! Good luck!

Sharpie
Rating
No, and you shouldn't be worried about that. You're only 13 once, don't waste time comparing yourself to others.

DARKNIGHT
well im 13 5'4 and 160 lbs and play football and outside my neighborhood football just eat healthier food i need to lose at least 40 lbs but i tackle very good so just eat healthier more water,salad,gym or home workout thats my advice i hope this helps

**sarah**
no im 13 and ur height and i weigh more than u.
lol
it could be muscle. ur not fat

Heather J
No way...I am 5'2" and weigh 150..haha. You probably have alot of muscle, and 125 is NOT that much! Don't worry, if your friends are the same height as you, and weigh considerably less, they probably look worse.

dazed and confused
NO WAY GIRL!! HECKS NAW!! you sound perfectly healthy!

Vanessa :)
You're of a normal weight.

mom of 3 boys
Rating
You sound absolutely perfect. Plus, it sounds like you're very active, which is good. Plus if you're active, chances are you have a bit of muscle mass, which weighs more than fat. Stay active, and don't worry about how much your friends weigh. They , i'm sure, wish they had different bodies,too! :)

Lala
The general rule is 5lbs. for every inch over 5 ft. So at 5'4 the ideal weight is 120lbs. That's only 6lbs. If you still want to lose those. Stop drinking soda, other soft drinks and candy/junk food, those 6 lbs will be gone in a month. ;)

That one guy
You're not accounting for body type. Are you thin? Plump? Normal? Either way, it's fine.

conny
You are just fine. Stop being so hard on yourself.

Stephen K
Rating
Survey says no, so don;t worry

Cam F
Nope! Your fine the way u r

Lisa M
Rating
Its all about BMI (body mass index) And the calculation says you are normal

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

How skinny you are is not a sign of being healthy. If you are that active, then you will probably be in better shape in a few years than all of your skinny friends. Besides, guys really do not like girls that are too skinny. A confident girl with curves is much more attractive!!

Dreamer
well you play sports so ur in perfect health and 125 is fine
you only weigh a bit more cuz of ur hight

Anna J
no you are fine!!!!

hojaijinpink28
no

♫Margie♪ the dork
Rating
nope

HeartagramGirl818
the average weight for someone 5'2-5'5 is around 130
so your okay, you should probably ask someone you
trust what they honestly think,
i think should look okay your just a bit self-concious

Antz P
ur fine ,,,ur a good height and weight

dj mello dee
Rating
lol no your fine im 14 and weigh 130 and im 5'5' so your ok

mrs. rosenkampff
you weigh the perfect amount. dont worry about it.

dreamkaztle
Good God Child your fine!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry!!!!!!!!!!!

wendy.bryan
you're fine

fdm215
Rating
No. Because you are so active you probably have a good amount of muscle mass. Muscle is leaner (looks skinner) than fat. Muscle also weighs more. Don't worry so much about the scale - it's not the best measure of your health and fitness level.

The Body Mass Index (BMI ) is a much better measure and takes into account more active vs. less active lifestyles. Your BMI is 21 - that's very much in the healthy range.

Not everybody was born to be as thin as a rail. You are a healthy wieght and not at all too heavy. I wish I was as thin as you!

Kaylynn
Rating
You're 13 years old hun. Try not to worry about weight so much. Just be active, healthy and enjoy your teenage years.

lookmira
Rating
If you're obsessive like I was, you can go to the body mass index calculator.
You have 21.5 which is in the NORMAL range!!!
So was i! We ROCK!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy