Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I fat(with pictures)?
at all.even 1 lb overweight dont try to be nice.be as brutal as possible(but be honest and nice) what do you think?

http://www.myspace.com/S...

If one has eaten lots of junk in a day will it make up for it if this one goes for a long walk?

Is she fat at all please answer?
my friend is 5''2 and she is 135 pounds and she is 13 years old is she over ...

Is it true that people who are thin feel the cold more?

Is buttered popcorn fattening?
I dont like popcorn without butter , so dont tell me that option.
Just these microwave popcorn bags, do they have a lot of fattening calories?...

5'4'', 126 lbs, size 6. is this fat?
i feel fat, but i dont know if this is fat.
i'm 14, by the way.
please, be honest.
i know bmi calculators say that it's healthy or normal or whatever, but is it fat?...

What happens if I starve myself?
will i loose any weight
if i starve myself from today ( 7/28 ) until Sunday ( 8/3 )
or for like 3 weeks ?
or what can happen?
Additional Details

Am i fat[look in details]?
i weigh 120 somethign puonds
and 5'5
and ppl call me fat
but many call me normal and no ur not fat
i dont have a stomach at all
but i do have thighs
and that pisses ...

What is the quickest way to lose weight ??

Should you eat breakfast even if your not hungry?
please only answer if you know!?...

Im only eating fruits and fat free yogurt for 3 months now?
am i going to be okay?
im 15 in june btw)...

How can you put on wait when your skinny even if you eat allot?
i eat allot although i just dont put on wait....

CAn you tell me your age,height, and weight, Plz?

Which people disgust you more: fat people or shallow people who judge them by their appearance?

How do u lose 5 pounds a day?

Help! me! why do u exercise with music & why?
OK SO IM DOING A SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT & I ALOT OF PEOPLE TO TELL ME WHY U CHOSE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE U EXERCISE! & WHY!
THANKS ILOVEU!...

I didn't work out today and now I feel guilty?
Is this such a bad setback? I didn't have work or anything else to do today and I told myself I was going to workout a lot but I ended up lying in bed all day. I work out at least 3-5 times a ...

Am I overweight?
I am an 18 year old boy who is 6 foot tall and 16 stones in weight! Am i fat? And if I am how much shall i lose and how?

Thanks

Mark
Additional Details

How much should a girl, 18, 5"7" weight? b/c i weigh 123 pounds?

Its like anorexia but i dont want to lose weight, i want to be taller?
im naturally skinny, so weight is by no means an issue for me.
my obsession is with gaining height
i eat things with lots of vitamins, lots of calcium
im always stretching my legs, ...

Whats_This?!
I'm 13 and obese, I would like to lose weight, but where do I start?
I'm 13, 5'4" and 180 pounds. I would really like to lose weight, for a healthier life. Where do I start? What should I do first to lose weight? Any tips will be appreciated

♥ Cristiano R. #7
Rating
try to like cut down i m not sayin eliminate them cuz that will be too hard

Jessica S
wow. are you seriously thinking your obese because someone said you were on yahoo! Answers?

ask a doctor if you really are obese.if you are, get a nutritionist. A lot of people here just want to make you feel bad.

tinkerbell2165
Rating
you start by eliminating all fatty foods, and getting an hour of decent exercise each day.

Res J
Rating
Start running or jumping rope these are easy workouts but effective secondly eat low carb food,eat raw vegetables like broccoli,celery,carrots eat lots of fruit.Dont anything after 7 pm.If you burn 500 calories a day you will lose 2 ponds a week.Cut down some of food intake and woekout more this will help you reduce.
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v9359617KgRNtJ6
check out this video it has simple 20 min workouts initially its good.

romanov1918
Rating
Start fresh on a day you pick.....basically cut out all junk foods, eat smaller meals and nothing past six at night. Once a week leave a day for some junk so you dont feel so bad at giving them up (if that is your problem).

I stole the cookie from the jar♥
drink water instead of pop or other drinks cut back on junk food and like do some sort of excersise like jogging everyday or join a gym or take up a sport like soccer

Joe C
Rating
First thing is to get support from your parents. Would they support you? If you are not sure ask. Tell them both that you would you like to lose weight and you need their help in the form of emotional support and buying healthly foods in the house. Ask a parent, brother or sister if they would like to work out with you. If your parents have the extra money ask for a gym membership with a couple of sessions with a personal trainer to teach you what to do.

You have already completed the first step, now you are looking for support to help you complete your goals. One step at a time.

You need to look at what you are eating first then gradually ease yourself into a exercise program.

I know it is difficult for you to because you are in school but you can do it!

geewindu
Rating
Make sure you get exercise every day. Start with running a mile or 1/2 of that. Then work your way up gradually. Also eat smaller portions at dinner, but don't starve yourself as that doesn't work.

Sideways
I would consult a fitness instructor at a local gym..Golds Gym is a good one. They can work with you and can develop a diet and fitness plan developed around you and your schedule.

Carly S
Rating
Well I don't personal have the probelm but both of my parents are a little over weight so i'll tell you what they do. They eat little meals, but tons of them. They eat carrots and broccoli instead of sugar. They use self control, and talk to their friends and ask them to encourge them. If you have electives at your school try to weitch to PE where you can get a little bit of excersize. do push ups and swim. SWIM SWIM SWIM. good luck

Ryder
Just remeber a minute on the lips a lifetime on the hips. Food is something you enjoy for all of 10 minutes, but looking and feeling good is something that lasts a lifetime. That's the first and most important step to be on your way to a thinner you.

Of course like so many other people said, dieting is the next step. You should have a maximum of 1500 calories a day. 1500 calories a day is maintaining weight. You must eat a maximum of 1200 a day if you want to lose. Eliminate all fatty foods like cupcakes, chocolate, etc. Sweets are okay, but only in moderation. Another thing to always keep in mind is eat untill you are SATISFIED. Don't eat untill you're full. If you keep all these tips in mind I guarantee you you're gonna drop that fat like crazy. Good luck with your dieting!

Ceri
Rating
Okay,I know it's hard but here's what you have to do:

Cut out processed junk food from your diet,plus all forms of soda(including diet).

Drink 2 litres of water a day

Eat a balanced diet of protein,carbs plus loads of fruit and vegetables.

Replace snacks of chocolate,biscuits,etc with dried fruit,nuts and seeds.

Everything in moderation,a treat once a week is fine but limit portions!

Drink green tea as it boosts metabolism.

Excersice for at least one hour a day(if you can't manage that at first build up to it).

Always consult your Doctor before losing any weight.

Good Luck!

xstreetkrista
Rating
First, you need to start by eating extremely healthy. Fruits, vegetables, some carbs for energy, and follow the servings in the food triangly. Secondly, you should become more active. Join some kind of rec team or maybe start exercising daily. Running is very good for your health, but may be hard to go for more then five minutes, so just engage in sports and activities.

Boots McGraw
The first thing you do is to discuss this with your doctor and your parents, preferably at the same time. Hopefully, your doctor is a good one, who understands the importance of a good diet and exercise. (Not all of them do!).

Assuming you are all in agreement about what you need to do, the next thing is to ask your parents to start buying "better" foods. Ditch those cookies and cakes and candies and sugared cereals. Replace them with fruits and vegetables and lean proteins and whole grain products. Avoid fast food when you eat outside the home.

Third, get your parents to start taking walks with you, or bike rides... anything to get you moving and exercising. Having a loved one exercise with you makes it more bearable, and maybe even enjoyable.

sasyone
You want to lose the weight so you need to make your plan and set your goal that you want to get to,be that 100,125 or whatever it is you desire to be.Tell yourself every day where your going to and also get a picture done that shows what you will look like when you get there.Hang it right over your bed so you wont lose sight of your goal.Remember always eat healthy no matter what!!.Try and work out every day for 30 minutes no matter what!!. Cut back on as much carbs as possible especially the unhealthy ones,cake ,cookies,bread,pasta's,corn.Eat lots of fresh or frozen vegetables.Also drink lots of water.And get 8 hours of sleep every night.Good luck to you and God Bless.

susie m
Rating
You don't want to start off too drastic. Take it slow. Limit you candy to 1 a day. Lay off the chips. And the bread & pasta needs to be eaten at a limit. Eat fresh fruit & veggies. Take a stroll around the block. Work up to longer distances. You can do it if you really work at it & work up to it.

Blessed
The first thing I think you should do is give up an unhealthy food that you like to eat every day. I gave up drinking sugary drinks and soda pop and only drink water or skim milk and sometimes sugar free drinks like crystal light.
After 2 weeks, give up something else. I gave up potato chips and cheese curls. I also started to walk. If I couldn`t go out because of the weather, I would walk up and down our steps. ( my house has 3 floors) I would try to walk for an hour
every day.
Then keep giving up bad foods every two or three weeks
I am trying to eat more salads without dressing and more veggies. I have lost 5 lbs in the last 4 weeks.
It is a start and should help you also.

justcurious
Rating
I'm thinking 135 might be a good weight for your height but it also depends on your body structure but...you start off maybe think about a multi-vitamin with your dinners, a breakfast which consists of fruits to start off your day and for lunch try to have it all balanced out with something from each food ground because that actually is really important :P for dinner dont have any snacks before and also just make sure it is well balanced and as for drinks try to avoid those sugary jucies and drink more water and if you like milk maybe try 1% and switch to whole grain pastas and breads ....that's just a few simple food changes as for excercise make sure you get some and if you take a bus maybe get off early and walk a little and do an hour of excercise a day try sitt up's ect and after a while of doign these excersices do some reasearch and find out for curtain difficult areas if you find you have some...just remember weight loss may take a while but just stick to it!! goodluck! and remember nothing is impossble!

jennyymmmkk
Rating
i saw dont eat so much chips. ice cream. etc.
and then start eating tiny bits of salad and healthy chicken ask your mom if you can join a gym or run around at your school track :D

goood luck!!

koopa
Rating
get rid of all junkfood, dont eat any, eat veggies, fruits and healthy meats, very lean meats, fish
1. cardio cardio cardio need cardio to lose the extra pounds
2. eat low carbs, stay away form fatty foods like pizza, once in awile is fine, but not everyweek like 1nce a month
3. do some light weight training.
4. HAve support from your parents and friends
5. do this every day if you can, or 5 times a week, i try to do it everyday when ever i can, unless im just piled with hw
hope this helps
and if your really sore one day, its ok to skip another day, just stretch
and start out eas;y in the beginnning, getting started is the hardest

Johnny B
Rating
Diet Recommendation

Okay. Cut out eating in between meals. Only eat healthy food and cut down on Carb's like bread, potatoes, pasta's, rice, cereals, lollies, fruits etc.
These are the fat making foods.
Learn exactly what your food groups are so you then know what puts the weight on and off.
Don't add salt to your meals.
Cut out sweet soft drinks.
Then walk an hour every morning approximately two hours after a meal and the same in the afternoon.

If you can jog in between both sessions you'll burn even more calories.
But just do what your body lets you do.
Walking is just as good combined with diet control.
You should lose and continue to lose more weight as you go.
Watch the scale readings every day as you should be coming down in weight to your required natural weight for your height etc.
If you can cut out your lunch meal and replace it with a protein drink instead that would also help. Available in supermarkets like the product called "Slim Right".
Or eat 2 of those large thick rice crackers with a healthy spread on them instead.

As long as you can stay off junk food and eating in between meals.
If you have to eat something in between have something like small raw carrots or celery sticks.
Herbal teas, low fat milk and water are your best choice of drinks.

Summary:

Choose a cereal low in sugar for breakfast.
Remember all cereals are carbohydrates!
Lunch can best be a protein drink. Like "Slim Right".
And have all normal meals at a normal serve.
Cut down on potatoes and only have small portions of these.
Walking as much as you can.
Add some jogging if you can.
For those that want to build more muscle add some gym work to the above as well.

Technical Stuff:

All our bodies require a specific quantity of a protein level.
The protein is taken from the food we eat.
If we eat higher concentrations of protein from specific foods like say meat then that level is reached quickly.
If we don't eat enough protein then our body searches for other sources of protein contained within the Carbohydrates.

Carbohydrates only contain a small amount of protein so we end up consuming too much of it just to get out limit of protein.
At the same time absorbing too much sugar from the carbohydrates and in turn too much weight.
This is how and why we put on weight.
Many people over eat because they don't consume enough protein from the right sources.
Then they over compensate by binge eating carbohydrate type foods.
Always check with your doctor before going on any weight reduction or change of diet program.

Kelly G
eat smaller portions and go walking every night. dont eat past 730. its really hard. but you can do it. once you feel like youve lost some weight you can try running for 15 minutes a day and then walking the rest of the time. i would walk at least an hour everytime you go out

dude_in_disguise2004
Rating
The first and easiest thing to do is just change your eating habits. It's amazing how big a difference adjusting your diet can make. Start by drinking mainly milk and water. Juice has a lot of sugar, so try not to drink more than one cup a day. Eat more fruits, vegetables, and complex carbohydrates. (whole grains, high-fiber foods) Eat primarily lean meat (grilled/ not fried chicken, turkey breast) Eliminate most if not all of the junk food, especially soda and carbohydrates. Try using substitutes for your favorite foods, like air-popped popcorn for chips. Then, start exercising. Take it slowly, but make sure you're getting in enough so that you work up a sweat. Increase the intensity and/or duration of your exercise period as your body adapts, and just keep this up. When you exercise, it helps to exercise with your family or friends, as they push you to do things all the way, and encourage you. Once the lifestyle changes are in place, you should definitely see results.

Jillian
First of all. Don't take short cuts! That is a horrible thing to do. I am young too. A diet that works really well and does not make you change your lifestyle is called the three hour diet. Plus you must work out at least three times a week. But have fun working out or you willnot stick to it. good luck. and remember eating a cupcake is not nearly as satisfying as feeling and looking your best

sunshine
dont start taking any pills...first and foremost you have to reduce your fat, sugar intake...make sure you are using portion control when eating meals..this will be hard but if you are determined you can do it. Start eating whole grains, lean meats and especially Fresh fruits and veggies...you have to start getting out there and moving..start slow, try walking every day for 30 minutes then every week increase it by 5-10 minutes, then start hitting the gym and get on the eliptical for a while and some strength training with weights or nautilus machines..good luck hun..i was pretty overweight at 13 myself but with determination i got rid of the weight and you can to. Good luck dear.

ask your mom to schedule an appointment with a dietition and a personal trainer to give you that extra push or even a friend that can work out with you...

tazzmainiandevils
Rating
Good for you! The South Beach diet seems to be really popular right now and healthy. You could easily get a lot of support with that. Drinking lots of water and NO pop or sugary drinks helps. The easiest thing is balanced meals with veggies and meat, nothing fried or from fast food, no junk food.

Ally Mciver
Join a sports team.That always gets your heartrate up and it gets you stronger.
Eat about 5 meals a day very light foods.Add a snack like a fruit or yogurt.
Building a strong metabalism means you will sweat more
Sweat=Gross but healthy
Exercise and eat healthy foods
Get fish and lean meat into your diet
Veggies Fruits and dairy is a must.

Doodlestuff
Rating
I would recommend going to www.sparkpeople.com for help in developing a healthy diet. I'm not so hot on the support boards, but the exercise and dieting information is top form and the next best thing to Weight Watchers.

Weighing and measuring my food really helps me because it keeps me to ONE serving. Did you know, for instance, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes is one serving? It is a really small amount too! You need to figure out how to work your family's food into your new program. It's hard if your mom is not on board, but still doable. Eliminate all pop, and making sure you have 5 a day (snack on an apple instead of something less nutritious, for instance).

Chris R
Struggled with weight my whole life.

I'm dead serious about this. Eat natural foods.
NO and I mean NO REFINED SUGAR.

No cokes, sweets, or anything like it.

Eat an orange or piece of fruit for breakfast. A nice healthy salad for lunch. A sensible dinner on a smaller plate. NO 2nds or snacking.

There are all kinds of diets, but seriously that's all you have to do. Implement some easy to moderate exercise, don't overdue it though.

Next when you start losing, dwell on your accomplishment to boost your desire to not give up.

I lost 73 pounds.

vanillarose627
eat alot of raw fruits and veggies... go walking everyday... drink only water an herbal tea

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy