Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Why do people make fun of fat people when they are out exercising?
i was out running today, and 3 separate individuals laughed or made noises or yelled rude things, the only one i remember was "hey, why you running, "with a big laugh. it seems to me all my ...

Is it OK for a 13 year old to lift weights?
Well I am 13 years old, turning 14 soon.
I have been lifting weights for over 3 months now.
I lift 80 pounds maximum and people keep telling me to stop because I will not grow (My height is ...

Am i overweight?
I'm 5'7 and 164 pounds. Don't answer this rudely. If you planned on it, sorry to ruin it for you. I'm just wondering how chubby i am. cuz i think i am - my friends say im not. are ...

Do guys just like skinny girls?
I'm not fat but I'm not skinny either I'm 13 and I'm worried that guys only like skinny girls because in mags they say that is it true?...

Should fat kids sleep?

I am a 14 year old female..weigh 117 adn i am like 5 ft.....am i overweight?

POLL- If I don't eat for a week, how much would i loose?
I am 13. I am 5"2, and I weigh 116.5 pounds..ahh
I am a gymnast, and I workout 4 hours a day. I do have a lot of muscle but 116.5 pounds is A LOT. If I don't eat for 1 week, how much ...

Am I anorexic???
I'm 14 and have problems with my weight. I'm 5'3" (156 cm) and I'm 84 pounds (6 stone 39 kg) Does this mean I'm fat??? I really want to loose some weight and I can'...

A sensible choice for snacking before bed?
I always get really hungry before I go to bed I know that eating late is the worst time and makes you gain weight easily overnight. Im getting tired of eating fruit and yoghurt. Are there any other ...

Is drinking coffee safe for teenagers?
i heard that drinking coffee will stunt a teenager's growth but is that true and i mean teenagers age 13-19....

How do I stop eating?
Like, I want to see what it's like to not eat anything for a few days, but I don't know how to explain it to my mom and how to actually get the willpower to do it......

I am 14 and am 5'7.5 and weigh 135, is this average or underweight or what?haha?

Made fun of for being skinny?
i know im skinny...i just turned 13 in november..and i weigh 78 lbs..im 4'11? my friends and people call me anorexic or whatever and they dont know how it hurts and i barely ever make fun of the ...

How did YOU quit smoking once and for all?
It's been five days, and I'm down to three cigs a day now. But my head is hurting, and I'm very moody. Can you guys share your experiences, and little tricks that worked for you, as ...

Am I over weight?
Im 13 and im 5'3-5'4. i weigh 120-130 lbs....

How much should i weigh?
I am 14 years old and i am 5 2
right now i am currently 99 ...

If I have my dinner at 8:30 pm will I get fat?

Starving to lose some weight....?
Advice if starving to lose weight works?

Well I've never been happy with my size - ever...
i've reached the point in my life where i'm not liking 'me"!
i&...

What are some good ways to make yourself get up early! say like 6:00 or 7:00?
i have to get up early to run 4-5 miles because i'm on the crosscountry team but i can't get up an earlier then 8 or 9!!! how do i wake up that early!!! (besides an alarm clock! i already ...

Am i fat..you tell me!?
hey here are my stats..

age 15
weight 74kg or 163 pounds
height about 5 8"
waist 34-35 inches

so am i fat???

thanks guys!...

Breelyn G
I'm 12 years old and I weigh 127 pounds...?
I really want to get healthy before 7 grade. I started off with out eating any snacks, no pop all water about 3 or 2 bottles of water each day, I got on the treadmill when I haven't had anything to eat for an 1 hour... I think I read that in an Oxygen mag. I ran for 30 mins I quit because my legs started to hurt. Do you think I should keep doing that or change? If change then what should I do? Oh and also I been eating like this weight watchers thing but I don't eat the veggies in them cuz it taste nasty. Anyway... I hope I can lose at least 7 pounds or more before 7th grade! Thanx for your response.
Additional Details
I'm about 5 feet tall and 1 inch or so.

The Joker's Apprentice
Rating
You don't need to lose weight! You aren't even a teenager yet!

lilkrausie
It really depends on how tall u r try just to eat healthier DONT try not eatin at all

ツLuv~u~2ツ
Rating
That's like me!
What a coincidence!!
Umm, Please help me 2.
how tall are you!?
I'm 4'11" :(
Almost 5'0"
:)
So yea.
Continue it!!

Canada Gal
Rating
You have to eat veggies to be healthy, no question. An dstay on the treadmill push through the pain of running. But if you are going t injure yourself, walk.

Cleo Mallione
no big deal, my fren who he is younger than me a year which is 13 yrs old weigh 214 pounds. ur legs started to hurt when ur running on the treadmill bcuz ur muscles are working. you should rest a while and get back on track. btw, drink more water and eat more fruits if you do not like vegetables. and yea, dun run too much on the treadmill bcuz u will hav those disgusting muscular legs. you shud go swimming, which i know it would make ur legs getting muscular too but it is better than treadmill. other than that, u can try playing badminton or tennis. if u wan, play basketball, it will make you taller and luk less fat. gudluck!

Nicole H
Rating
Growth and Your 6- to 12-Year-Old
As kids grow from grade-schoolers to preteens, there continues to be a wide range of "normal" as far as height, weight, and shape.
www.kidshealth.org/parent/growth/growt... - Cached

Jackiee M
Rating
Hey just keep exercising and you'll get to there no time!

But always remember to stay healthy of course.

Just do this:

Exercise <-- don't slack off

Eat daily nutricious stuffs, don't starve yourself, cuz that's just plain dumb.. for example: dinner time, eat about 75-80% about there or sumthing not very full neither hungry

Keep in mind that you have graduation and everything else so maintain a good shape.

So.. Good Luck!! =]

Austin A
Rating
dont worry about this stuff i was the same its just skin that u will grow into dont worry about k

che
You have to run at least every other day. You need your muscles to heal or if you keep running, you will tear your muscles. That is good that your keeping off the snacks and pop. Watch your calorie intake. If you could check with your health teacher, ask him for you age and height, what is your weight range supposed to be. I am 5'1" and 119 lbs. I am at the correct weight range.

Amelia
Woah! You sound like you are trying way too hard to lose weight. You sound like you are at a good weight, so don't worry about it!

zestysesky
Rating
Child, how tall are you? I was over that weight by ten pounds when i was that age and i was perfectly healthy without dieting at all. I didn't look overweight at all either and i still don't.

Remember that taller people look like they weigh a lot less than they actually do and that muscles weigh a lot more than fat. A child shouldn't be on an exercise and diet regiment like an aging adult with diabetes. Just balance your diet and exercise moderately (maybe do a sport?) and stop doing the things you read in gossip magazines.

Balu R
don't worry try to wake up quick and walk quickly as all the body moves when your hungry try to drink plenty of liquid con taint try to control food by drinking plenty of juice,water,lime water etc

xDahiku
Rating
Popchick is a douche. Anyways, yes keep doing what your doing! But try sit less or reduce computer time because the blood that flows thorugh your legs decreases making your legs muscles hurt from excerise. I suggest you massage your legs or get the the blood flow back to the legs before excerising again. Don't forget to eat fruits or vegetables in between your main meals, it helps.

jjc927@verizon.net
If you don't want the vegetables in Weight Watchers meals, try having them freshly prepared. They taste much better fresh. You should eat 5 small meals a day, excercise a half hour to an hour a day, continue to drink water and no soda.

With the treadmill, 30 minutes is a great time for 1 interval. Do 30 minutes at one part of the day and another 30 later in the day.

Gini
Rating
No you should keep doing that. Losing weight is not always easy. You've got to try.

HeartofFire
Rating
If you want to get healthy, continue to run for 30 minutes 5-6 days per week, and work your way upto 1 hour of cardio 5-6 days per week. However not eating for long periods of time will not result in weight loss in the long run (it will slow down your metabolism). Instead, eat 5-6 small meals per day (1 meal every 3 hours), then eat a small, healthy snack in between each meal (like a piece of fruit or some berries). Continue to drink water or tea instead of soda or other fruit juice drinks, which contain a lot of sugar and calories. Try not to eat 3 hours before your bed-time, and avoid junk food.

You should be able to lose 1-2 pounds per week if you continue to exercise and eat healthy, and you'll be able to reach your goal in about 4-7 weeks.

claire
Rating
since youre still growing losing weight is gonna be harrrdd.... and most likely unnecessary =]

i weighed about that at the time and havent gained weight since. only now im 5'5" so im really skinny for my height.

you'll grow and it will even out eventually :)

ALICIA
you can walk on the treadmill while you are watching tv or reading.

United
Rating
Well, don't starve yourself, you won't lose weight that way. The best thing you can do, is keep your metabolism working, eat fresh fruits and veggies in small portions many times during the day. Keep doing cardio as well, not all cardio requires you to use your legs, try sit ups and push ups, and other aerobic exercise. Stick to your diet and exercise routine and you will meet your goal.

Lilly 71841
Rating
you really need help cut down on all those fast food girl tell your mom to carry you to the jym tell her you want proper food to eat NOT JUNK SWEETIE.

mai h
Rating
remember to eat plenty of fruits, they are the best to help you on your way to a healthier lifestyle

continue running on the treadmill everyday for at least 30 minutes

and avoid eating greasy food like fried chicken

Kim
keep running for 30 minutes and your legs wont get tired. they'll get used to it!
and try some veggies now and then. there are healthy ways you can eat them other than plain.
also fruit would be awesome too. they have natural sugars, they are naturally sweet and juicy
so you'll love it all and feel good about yourself

Haley
Rating
don't listen to any negative answers, dearest. i'm sure your not fat at all. don't lose anymore than about ten pounds, please. you're still growing and need to eat healthy. don't drink pop and only have fatty meals like big cheeseburgers and ice cream and candy and such things as a once-in-a-while treat. don't torture yourself with it though hon. your body needs enough nutrients to stay healthy. exercise regularly but don't make it such a bother. even walking your dog or shooting hoops will be just fine and much funner than running for thirty minutes a day. ignore magazines...i know you don't want to hear it but you're much to young to be dieting like crazy. eat about three meals a day with one snack. try to get a few vegetables, a little bit of fruit, and plenty of carbs and protein in every meal. try to snack and good, nutritious food, like cheese and fruit. also, ask your mom if she can buy some flavored water instead of pop. eat plenty of vegetables..they're important. add some seasoned salt or ranch to make them taste a little better if you please. also remember to drink plenty of milk.
instead of spending hours ont he computer or television, go outside and do something or clean your room or whatever else. learn to enjoy being active : )
it's good to hear you want to get healthy but don't lose too much weight! you're really not that heavy. i weighed about 115 when i was your age and i look at pictures now and realized i was quite thin. don't worry about it too much!!

have fun and good luck!
have fun being a seventh grader : )

tina J
Rating
Don't listen to Popchick. Who knows whether you're fat unless they have seen you. You could be over 5'6" and be slim or you could be 5' and need to lose a few pounds. You are on the right track, but you could slow down on the treadmill. Walk briskly for 30 minutes or run for 15m.

Caffeinated
What a great start. Cutting out soda is an easy way to reduce calories. It will also keep you out of the dentist chair.

With exercise you have to start slow and build up over time. It is a good idea to keep a log of what you did and how much you weigh. It is motivating to see your progress over time. But, don't get too discouraged if you slip. That just means you have to get back to good eating and exercise habits.

Your goal seems very reasonable. If you can eat healthy and exercise 5 times a week you will be surprised how quickly you get there. The earlier in the day you exercise the better. It is easy to say that you will get to it later, then never get around to it.

At 12 you should still enjoy playing. The best exercise is running around outside with your friends. You won't even know you are doing it.

Become obsessed in a healthy way with this. Go to fitness web sites; join forums where you can share experiences with others like you; read books; find someone else who wants to exercise with you.

If you can afford it, hire a personal trainer. They will make you exercise even when you don't want to. Many will come to your home for training. Maybe you can convince your folks to hire a trainer for you and them.

Good luck, you should be proud of yourself for tackling this.

mommyoftwins227
Rating
Firstly, you don't even need to lose weight. You should live your life as best you can now. If you are seriously doing this to get healthy, then I have a few suggestions for you.
1. Don't cut out snacks, but rather eat healthy snacks. Eat about every 2-4 hrs of healthy snacks and meals. If you are eating weight watchers frozen tv dinners, DON'T! They aren't meant for kids. Also, they actually put more weight on you than what you would lose otherwise, due to their sodium and calorie content.
2. Drink a lot more water. Don't worry if at first you are gaining weight because of water. You will lose it all, plus some with the more water you drink. Water just flushes out your system, so the more water you drink the less that is in your system, the less you weigh. Limit your juice intake, including sports drinks. These are just loaded with sugar, that adds up.
3. Don't exercise without eating first. You need carbohydrates (such has some crackers, a sandwich, cheese, or a piece of fruit) to give you energy. Exercising without carbohydrates isn't going to help you at all, it is just going to make you more tired and hungrier when you go to eat. Also, if running makes your legs tired, try running multiple times a day instead of all at once. Build up your exercise, if you haven't been exercising don't all of a sudden run. You need to build up your endurance so you can run longer and faster.
4. Limit your sodium intake. Try to not put additional salt on anything.
5.Don't weigh yourself more than once a week. Your weight fluctuates, meaning it can go up and down all the time. Weigh yourself on the same day at the same time each week.
6. Just feel good about yourself. The better you feel about yourself regardless what you the better you'll feel. If you weigh as much as you do, because you have a lot of muscle then you shouldn't be feeling bad about how much you weigh, which you shouldn't anyway. Try not to lose weight because you want to look like someone else. Everybody has different body shapes. Just because you are the same height as one of your friends that weighs less than you doesn't mean you are fat or heavy. Remember muscle weighs more than fat.

Have a wonderful Summer! Don't stress about losing weight, enjoy yourself. Stress may lead you to overeat.

Riskykitty1
Rating
Ya keep it up. Don't starve yourself though

Johner
Rating
keep doing it your muscles arent use to moving like that for such a long time you will get use to it

3boyzz
Rating
Eating healthy and exercise is the best way to loss weight, you could also talk to your Doctor maybe he can help you with your diet.

umm much much?
Rating
eat your vegetables!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy