Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Does gum make you gain weight?
I chew a lot of gum...does this add on pounds?...

Starving?will make me lose weight??
hello everyone. i want to lose 20 kgs in 6 months; is it possible if i starve myself most of the times; n when i want to eat sthing i eat a frauit or drink only water. am fed up that others look at ...

Whats the best method of putting in contact lens?
i have tried many ways like up down looking when i put them in but they fall out until about the 10th go. taking them out is a piece of cake. 10 points for best answer!!...

Men!!! I'm 5'9, 123lbs, and a size 2. Would you consider me too thin or average?
I do eat and I work out at the gym to stay toned. Ladies your input is welcomed also....

Am i overweight? Answer!?
OK I'm 13yrs Old

Weight- 125lb

Height- 5'6 ft

I gained about 6lb.. Now that school started I even eat less.. I don't eat breakfast (don't like ...

How much should a 14 year old weigh.?!?
how much should a 14 year old weigh, i wear a size 3 or a 26 in garage. uhm, how much should i weigh .?! , am i average. i think im fat....

How tall are you and how much do you weigh???

Additional Details
im 5'7" and around 129 lbs.(sometimes less)...

How can I support my girlfriend with her new year diet?
Should I join in? Should I be strong when she wants chocolate or let her have a few chocolatey pleasures? Any help or advice will be appreciated. She doesn't want to fail again, it's not ...

I'm trying to stop eating fast foods. Can you tell me the most grotesque think to make me stop?
convice me to stop. Im not fat at all, I just think that eating fast food is unhealthy but the addiction is big.. Convice me to quit
Additional Details

How can I lose 40 pounds without taking pills?
I weigh 200 pounds right now and I'm only 15 years old. I have tried everything and I need help!...

I feel crappy and fat!?
i am a teenager.
5'5 and 135
i am trying to lose weight but blew it today
my face looks rounder and blotched
my hair is sooo greasy. i know i need to wash it but it was one ...

I want to lose 15 pounds by may how can i get this done?
please no answers about "this is unhealthy blah blah blah" i want a quick easy diet that has really really worked ...

How do I gain weight faster?
I am 16 and im 5'3" and a half and i weigh about 90 lbs. people are tellin me i look good and that i should stay the same... but i have gotten truth from some people.....i checked out some ...

Am i underweight???
I am 5 foot 5.5 inches and weigh 108 pounds, I am 19. Reading a lot of posts this is the normal weight for a younger teenager of about 14, so i am now a bit worried. I don't even look THAT thin ...

Is it ok to eat junk food if you don't put on weight?
I exercise every night (Boxing, Gym, Swimming) and I go for a long run every weekend, I don't drink much and don't smoke. I drink loads of water

however

My addiction ...

Am i fat?????????
okay im 5ft 7 and 105 lbs. Is that fat???/

And no im not all obseesed about that stuff im Just wonderin
Additional Details

I am 5'8 and i weigh 145 i want to lose some!?
i would really want to weigh like 128 or 130. how do i lose it easily and quickly?
please help!...

Friends i have heard breakfast is neccessary why?which meal should i skip lunch or dinner to loose weight?

If I lose 10-15 pounds, will it be noticeable?
Will I, as well as other people, be able to to see a difference if I were to lose 10-15 pounds? Even if it were just a slight difference?
I am 5"7 and 157 pounds....

Would you rather be taller or shorter than you are?
I'm 5'10" and i'm very ...

Kendyl.
How much weight do you lose if you don't eat for a few days.?
And the only think you did is drink water?!
Additional Details
I understand i'd gain it back, but would if i started to eat healthy after not eating for a while and ate like salad etc. food like that. Would i still gain weight back?

Levi
Rating
You will gain weight because your body takes all the calories left in your body and stores them as fat for protection cause your body is starving. then when you eat again in a few days you will gain probably 4 pounds. so now your worse than whe you started. its not a good idea for losing weight. but yes for if you wanna gain weight and its very un healthy

Johnny S
Rating
About 1-2 pounds, but when you start eating, your body will haunt you by adding on pounds eating to try and create an equilibrium with your body and food

oohlallaalc
You will lose a few pounds, 6 or 7 maybe but I DONT suggest you do that, you will be very unhealthy and sick from only drinking water so even if you do manage to lose the weigh, you will look very pale and you re bad health will be reflected in your looks. Try planning to lose the weigh over a month or two not a few days. good luck.

hey you!
Rating
Hun, you should be eating! And you might loose a pound, maybe, but your gonna gain it right back up when you eat again. Plus more.

(Your names Kendyl? Ha, mines Kendall :])

jada-jade
NONE. u looz absolutly NO weight doin that.

pinkrainstarz
after 12 hours without food your body goes into starvation mode. that mean everything you there after will be stored as fat. your body thinks ahead. and if it thinks its going to get starved of nutrition it will store everything you eat and drink (pop) for fat ( energy when it needs it). you might loose a few pounds by not eating but when you being to eat it will all go for storage in your fat cells for later use. then its twice as hard to loose it. and it messes with you metabolism and will be hard to loose weight anytime. if you eat 6 small meals a day you will loose weight ( healthy foods) it keeps your metabolism at a steady rate. even skipping breakfast is bad, your body goes into starvation mode. trust me, its best to do it the right way cuz in the end you will be thankful. it all takes time. you didn't gain weight overnight and it wont go away overnight. good luck

XO
Rating
u wouldnt loose a pound

Alex B
prolly very very little. You'd lose some water weight if you didn't drink water, but that's majorly unhealthy

Becca
LISTEN TO ME: this is where eating disorders start. This is no small matter for me. My cousin tried this [[ yes for a couple of days ]] and she got hooked. She bacame anerexic. Im not shure how she is now, but i think she is STILL hospotalized an DEAD..... OK?

dont do it........

Punky
Rating
umm you dont really lose alot of weight.
when you start eating again your body will think your starving itself so it will keep that food in your stomach and you will get fat

MIZZ LADY
i would just watch what i eat if your tring to lose weight its not a good idea not to a for a few days

xlivetolovecharliex
Rating
u dont lose you gain, ive tried it before.

lovey36
Rating
u loose a lot of weight and that not good it can kill you and if you dob't like water try to drink something healthy

Bee
Rating
around 2 pounds a day. you gain a little back when you start eating, but not all of it

evseqvar
It would be not healthy at all. Your body will come in a shock! and the for the first week most likely you will only loose water weight.

Jess
Rating
you might lose a little water weight but your body will go into starvation mode which will greatly reduce your metabolism which slows down weight loss

milbrat794
Rating
I am not sure, but you never want to starve yourself, because all that accomplishes is it slows you metabolism and make you GAIN weight! And it is totally un-healthy.

Bluepolka
Rating
you get fatter

stanleys_2001
you won't lose much... in fact you'll likely gain once you start eating again.

kawaiimiyo
only just about a couple of pounds, not a good idea though, because in the end it slows down your metabolism, so once you do start eating again, you gain the weight right back,

same thing happens when you eat only one meal per day, metabolism slows down, i've been told its better to eat smaller, healthier things throughout the day to keep it up,

CJ
Rating
Instead of not eating at all , why don't you do a 100% fruit/vegetable juice fast for two or three days . I'm not saying it's a good idea but it would be better than not eating at all, and you would still have energy that way .

fishtank_36
If you don't feed your body it will start storing fat.

Chizes
Its better to eat instead but by not eating you will lose about 4 to 6 or maybe 10 lbs for a few days if you don't eat at all and all you drink is water your body would literary start eating itself inside out so I would not recommend not to eat just eat until you know you are not hungry.

georgestraitfan
Rating
That is not a healthy way to lose weight. When you do that, the human body is designed to go into shut down mode and actually store fat because it thinks it's starving. You need to eat balanced, healthy meals. A diet is forever if you want to be healthy for the rest of your life. A diet is not a two week program where you eat right and then expect to keep the weight off and go back to your old habits---not happening.

nikki
Rating
you would lose alot of weight but your metabolism would slow down and when you start eating agina youl take in all of those calories and they wont be stored as energy but as fat and you will gain all that weight plus alot of extra right away

loves him☮✌ more than ⓒ���ⓘⓔ S °
people who want to be super twiggy don't realize that they actually look kind of sick, and they lose that "voluptuous" look, as they become saggier and more empty of body weight. the color in your face will fade, your skin will look a bit aged, etc.

that's after losing around 10 pounds in a week through starvation.

I have an anorexic friend.

Martyna
Rating
None.
Your body would hang on to the fat since it's not getting more to replenish it.

UrWifey SHY
a few pounds but then you'll gain it back and probably more if u eat again

Trisha
Rating
Lose a couple but you will gain it right back once you start eating because you metabolism slows down.

Helen Scott
Rating
a couple of pounds...and then you gain it all back when you start eating again.

volleyball48ar
Not enough to show. Don't risk it, it might even make you look larger because if you drink a lot of water or don't eat it causes your stomach to bloat.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy