Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What is a good way to lose weight at home maybe besides excersing???
Please tell me something i can do to lose weight at home besides excersing please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Do i sound over weight?
be honest!!!!

im 15 almost 16 and im
guys would you that
"5'4" and i weigh 134...

Am i overweight?

Best answer is 10points...please help?
i have a huge butt and i just want it to shrink
is there anything i can do to lose wieght off of it and pleasee dont answer if your gonna say "there isnt anything u can do to lose wieght ...

Is there a fun way of burning calories?

What is the best way to lose 20 pounds in about 2 months?
i would like to lose weight before school starts agian. and i would like for people to see a change in me. i have lost 35 before i weighed 175 and now im 140 and i would like to finish what i have ...

Is swimming laps a good way to loose weight?
30 mins. a day, or just about every day.
and not just swimming around. swimming laps, freestyle, breaststroke....

Can you really bounce if you are fat enough?

Need to lose inches but no motivation.?
I need to lose around 3 inches around my waist but I can't stick to a healthy diet without going broke and I don't have a lot of motivation to get up and exercise. Anyone have any tips on ...

How many pounds in 1 stone?

How much water should you drink to keep you healthy?

On average.. how many times a day should a person go number 2?? I usually go every other day..?
Im not constipated or anything.. ive pretty much always been like this...is this normal ?.....

How can a 15 year old male gain weight??
i am 15 years old 5'6 and about 105 pounds. i am small for my age and am looking for ways to gain weight like what i should eat. please if anyone can answer my question that would be ...

AM I fat?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!?
okay so im 4 10. 85 lbs. and 6th grade. am i fat?!...

If i BARELY eat from now until.........?
monday how much weight will i lose?

( i dont waant to hear: you should really eat healthy)

and barely meaning like today i ate like 15 pieces of pasta with some tomato sauce<...

I need too lose 100 pounds by september of next year. I need advice on how to do it in a healthy way. How?

How can I lose 18lbs Before saturday?
I weigh 118 and I want to lose the 18lbs before saturday because I have a concert and me and my friend are gonna have Our older bros help us crowd surf and the lighter you are the hugher you can be ...

What is your name?
what is it??? mine is ...

Should children not be allowed to eat too much candy?
Is it really bad or just another misconception? I have a friend that does not allow her toddler any candy, she talks about how it would damage the kid's ability to taste other flavors (salty, ...

What is your favorite part of the human body?
Mine gotta be the thigh and the butt girls have great thighs and butts lol ^_^

pwned!!!...

hadjama
How much is a sensible amount of weight to lose in a week?
I want to lose a stone and a half by November the 1st? Is it possible? Is it healthy?

Manga
Rating
yes it possible as long as you eat sensibly but beware it is a lot to loose in such a short time.

♣♥BabyBlue♥♣
Rating
In order to lose the weight and to keep it off, you must lose it slowly - no more than 3 pounds a week.

if you start now, that is exactly 3 pounds a week between now and the 1st October

Michael E
Rating
two pounds a week - a stone is an old Imperial British measurement equivalent to 14 pounds and was alaways used to register body weight before we got these damn pesky metric units!

auntyjew
Depends how big you are but around about 2-3lbs a week.

tay_jen1
500g to 1kg is healthy

johncondo2001
Rating
2 to 3 pound aweek what is a stone

thecharleslloyd
Rating
Two Pounds a week and keep happy.

e_patch
I've lost 5 lbs in a week before, but that's working at the limit of what is healthy.

Also consider the fact that if you are working out, you're going to trade fat for muscle weight. In other words, you can end up slimming down quite a bit without losing much weight, whereas many people lose a few pounds but still look totally fat.

Get into the gym and lift, it helps a lot.

jennifersuem
How much is a stone and a half in POUNDS?

Probably 2, 4 or 6 POUNDS in a week is reasonably safe to achieve.

Remember, most of the first couples weeks the weight you lose is water! After that, the real weight starts coming off.

katehughes2706
Yes it is possible. The first week of a diet, you tend to lose the most weight anyway, although this is mostly water retention.

It is healthy, as long as you are not starving yourself, and you are exercising.

auntsarita
Rating
1-2 lbs.
the quicker you loose it seems like the quicker it comes back.

As the tortoise and the hare, slow and steady wins the race.

some of us Americans don't know how much a stone is... ; )

uknownotlove
Rating
loose as much as you dont feel tired, weak and fatigued.

Lacey Lottie
Rating
One To Two Pounds A Week.

Cool Muslim
15 kgs per month and u can check a nutriton doctor 2 tell u what exactly 2 do in ur diet and what 2 eat

Saskia M
Rating
Shouldn't be a problem. 2lbs a week is a healthy loss per week. Step up your exercise too, that will help.

Blue robbin
Rating
When I started losing weight I was told 2-3lbs. Its very frustrating to not lose more though, but slow and steady means you're more likely to keep it off.

Mizz Julie
Rating
as a member of weight watchers i am told that it is healthy to lose between 1 & 1 1/2 pound a week. Basically the longer it takes you to loose weight, the more successful you are likely to be in keeping the weight off because you are retraining your eating habits.

It takes a while but stick with it, it'll be well worth it!!

The Answerer-er
Rating
3 pebbles worth

G.I noel
Rating
As much as you can loose.

quay_grl
You should easily and healthily lose 2-3 lbs. a week but that depends how overweight you actually are.

Normally people will lose alot in water for the first few weeks so you could potentially see a dramatic loss in your weight if you work out daily and cut your calories.

The only problem with losing alot of weight quickly is that you will not have trained your mind and body to realise that it is a lifestyle change that will make you keep the weight from returning.

Your body will constantly be wanting to get back into it's old way of life. So this is why, losing weight slowly and over a longer period of time ends up with better long term results. Over a longer period of time your body and mind will become more accustomed to eating healthy and exercise. It will forget the old lifestyle habits.

That's the real trick.

But you can certainly lose your desired amount in the time frame you want to - but a word of caution - make it last and don't stop after November 1st otherwise the weight will all return.

lickintonight
Upper safe limit of 2lbs a week. There are 141bs to a stone so it should take a minimum of 17.5 weeks.

Good luck.

tottie3
Rating
i am not sure what a stone is but two pounds is natural healthy to lose in a week anything more is stressin your body

Jane S
Rating
2-3lb per week is sensible and losing slowly you have more chance of keeping it off

taketwo
yes by eating less and no snacking in between meals, without wasting your.

SCHANEEKQUEAH GOTTI
how much do the stones weigh?

jules
i would say sensibly 3 lbs a week

Alicat
1 to 2 pounds a week

spunkybadger69
Rating
When i attended Weight Watchers they advised about 1-2 pounds a week.
This way the weight stays off. If you loose any more than this you're more likely to put it all back on again.

tommy
2lbs a week is desirable...but definitely no more than 4lbs!

☺Everybody still loves Chris!♥▼©
2-3 lb is the accepted normal amount

H
Well it depends on how much your current stats are. As a rule of thumb, if you want the weight loss to be healthy and longer lasting you should only be aiming to lose a maximum of a pound or two a week. In which case I would say that it should be no more than a stone you should aim for by November 1st.
If you are significantly overweight it may come off fast the first few weeks, but if you are fairly average weight it will take longer.
If you are already at a healthy body mass index or less than the optimum then please reconsider losing that much weight.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy