Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What is an alternative to drinking water? If any.?
I need to drink plenty of water because of the amount of exercise I do. Also, it is good to drink several glasses a day. I can drink plenty of water when I'm thirsty (such as after the gym) but ...

I feel so fat can someone help me?
i`m not a fat person.
i just have a fat stomache and my thighs are flabby.
i need to know of some exercise and/or food/pills to flatten my tummy and tone my thighs.tell me something that u ...

Is it healthy to eat vegetables as a main meal,like dinner?
Iam trying to eat healthier and cut out red meats and lose weight.Iam not sure about eating all vegetables for a meal....

How do i help my Mum lose weight?
I'm really worried about my mum, she has been overweight all my life and i really want to help her. i've asked her to find out tell me how much she weighs but she won't do that because ...

Im 12 years old, 123 pounds, 5' 1", And FAT!!! what should i do?
IDK Im ...

I am 5'7" and 98 lbs..... I feel fat in the mirror but then I see pics & I think I am skinny..do I have an ED?
I will feel normal sized or slightly big in the mirror.....but then I will see pictures of myself and think I am skinny.....does this mean I have an ED?...

How often do you do it?
Eat meals...are you more of a 3 square meals a day, or 5 smaller meals?...

How many pounds can you loose in 4 weeks by starving?
please no mess i really wanna know....

Is it true that...?
If you suffer from bulimia, even if you're still at a healthy weight, your periods stop?

Don't worry, just curious!

Did i eat to much today?? ?
i am battling anorexia and recently ovrcoming it.
I had
special k granola bar and banana for breakfast

1/2 a bagel & strawberry yogurt for lunch

i went to the ...

What is my weight supposed to be? I am 5'9 and 13?

Additional Details
I am girl i am okayy in looking weight i don't really have a belly. i weigh right now 126...

What [type of] foods keep you full longer than others (but ones that taste good ;] lol)?
im not obese or anything i just eat when im bored for some reason or when I just have nothing else to do..

its so annoying i dont wanna gain weight!

im thinking that maybe if i ...

How many calories dose 100 calories burn?

How do i resist food at a party?
im going to a party for track, and im guessing its pizza. I dont wanna eat it cuz im trying to loose 5 pounds. pizza will not help that!!

how do i resist it?...

Where are triceps ?
are your triceps muscle just above your elbow?
Additional Details
is it like just above elbow or just a way up? thanks :)...

Do you think it's weird if someone walks on the treamill with their eyes closed?
Because I do, and I feel so silly.
:)...

Why is soda bad for your body?
not diet soda... just regular. i heard one time that it damages your brain cells. is this true? and what are the other effects of drinking to much?...

I need to lose 40 pounds in 3 months ?
what a fast way before basic training?
Additional Details
its to go into the army please help ...

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday?
Is it healthy if I ate Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday for breakfast AND lunch (with a cup of milk)? It's quick, easy, cheap, and good.

I use Smucker's Goober S...

I want to lose about 5 to9 pounds and I am considering fasting. Is that safe?
I am not overweight but I am dangerously close for my height. I want to stay healthy....

Hal 9000
How many liters of water should i drink per day ?
How many liters of water should i drink per day ?

Ecko1988
Rating
READ ME!

ok they saying 8 glasses? ya drink up/....bull~ u know they dont drink 4 at least and try to lay off the soda and ur be fine

who has time to drink 8 glasses a day anyways? wow be going to the rest room ever other hour LOL

also try drink mix wit water good =D

READ ME~!~!!~

John B
Rating
both oceans

JD
at least 2

RobisaLone
65?

Les
at least 2

Buddy
Rating
2 liters

LushLinzi
Rating
you should be drinking at least 2 litres of water each day more if you can do it. water can be a very boring drink so why not try diluting it with some fruit flavour diluting juice, this makes it easier to drink or also buy already flavoured water.

Fuzz
Interestingly on the Oprah Winfrey show- Dr. Oz (well respected physician) proved that there is no need to drink loads and loads of water, and that your body is very good at absorbing water from the food and drinks we already take.....but obviously if you are exercising a lot you need to replace the lost fluids- usually your body will let you know it 's dehydrated- check out:

http://www.symptomsofdehydration.com/

I personally refill a large tumbler 6- 8 times a day: mostly because I am nursing a 4mth old!

tripplex
about 2-3 litres

Corey K
No more than 4 total....i guess more if you're working out....
drink iced water too, it burns calories!

ianhad
Rating
As little as you like, or as much. New evidence indicates that it does not matter.

teddy
Rating
Its a misconception that you have to drink gallons of water, or litres, perhaps a litre but interspersed with other liquids, preferably low on sugar types this was advice from a doctor friend.

someone just said something i thnk that everyone should note that so much liquid makes you pee a lot, which is ok if you can find somewhere to go, or can stop every five minutes,

SO CRAZY!!
1 and a half to two. they can include juices, herbal teas as well as water, but not tea and coffee as they are diuetics

nnr
ive always been told a gallon a day is good

Heidi's Mummy
Rating
You should drink water in small sips until your urine runs clear - then you know you are getting enough.

Personally I drink between 2 and 3 liters a day but then I do run 3 miles a day too - so I am probably thirstier than somenoe who does not exercise.

Best Wishes
Kez x

Frankie
Rating
Unless you're seriously into sports where you're losing a lot of fluid and need to replace it, I would use common sense in the amount of water you drink.There's a fad for going around drinking water all day at the moment whether you're thirsty or not and whether you need it or not. A lot depends on the climate you live in and your level of activity. Generally our bodies tell us when we need fluids and we can interfere with the natural processes by obsessing about them.Have a drink of water when you feel you'd like one - rather than when you don't feel like it but 'think you should' or going to the other extreme and waiting till your de-hydrated and gasping with thirst.

ells
Rating
at least 2

Alana Lama -Go Eagles-
They say at least 8 glasses, so that is 2 liters!
DRINK UP!

Chariotmender
It varies dependent on lifestyle and where you live, however roughly 2 litres.

http://www.water.org.uk/home/water-for-health/medical-facts/adults#T2

Superbun
2 Litres at least (or 8 cups equivalent), but this can be in any liquid form, like tea, coffee soda etc, so long as it got water in it, but purest water is best for detox and cleaning the body....not drinking enough fluid can cause headaches and fatigue and loss of concentration

Adam T
Rating
Contrary to the popular myth that you need about 2 liters of WATER a day, it is in fact both less, and not all water.

Firstly you only need around 800 - 1400ml a day, all the rest just passes through your body

Secondly, people think that only water counts. Not true. Any liquid, with execption of alcholic drinks, with do. Many people think that the caffine in tea and coffee counteracts the water in them - it does but the effect is so minimal that you can drink all the tea or coffee you like

Papa Erns
Rating
a general rule is 8 glasses of water a day. but this may vary greatly to where you are in the world and what conditions you're under.

If the weather's fairly hot or if you're very active, you can lose up to a pint of water every hour. Not enough water in your system can be the start of numerous problems. you can never have too much water. any excess just gets flushed out of your system (and it takes some toxins with along with it).

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy