Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i fat cause I'm 14 and i weigh 85 pounds.... please help!!?

How can i weigh 90 lbs?
im 13, 5'4 and i weigh 116.. i want to weigh 90. and please i dont wanna hear thats not healthy cause i hear it too much..

so yea can u give me some ideas on how i can loose 90 lbs.<...

How long does it take your body to adjust to drinking more water?
I understand the importance of drinking plenty of water so I have recently started drinking 2-3 times more water than I usually do. Needless to say, this change has caused me to constantly have to ...

I'm 13 and weigh about 125 pounds. I'm 5'4'' and 1/2. Do I weigh too much?
I'm 13 years old 5'4'' and 1/2 and weigh 126 pounds. I play soccer and basketball at least 5 times a week. Do u guys think I weigh too much? If so could I have some good dieting ...

Should i sell my daughters Hockey Sticks on ebay because she is fat?
I feel as though her recent weight gain has made her undeserving of her hockey sticks of whicxh i bough her after she succeeded at the Jenny Craig bread and water diet.
ALSO she wets the bed ...

Does smoking help you lose weight?
just wondering.....

Anorexia? How do they do it?
OMG, how do they do it? How do anorexic people starve themselves, I tried to see how it is and i have no iea how they could do it?

How do they starve themselves? 3:S...

Would i look weird if i went jogging at 12 am???
????...

Am i chubby? pics.?
im 5"8" and around 135 pounds, i hate it when i look bloated, am i bloated? my hips are big, how do i make them smaller?

http://i267.photobucket....

How much weight will i lose if i don't eat anything for 30 days?

Im feeling weird....please help!!!please!!?
It was my holidays so my mum was frequently making fried stuff like french fries and other fried stuff...on wednesday she made fries and i ate them and then she made them on friday and then she made ...

I want to learn to be bulimic...?
i really want to be skiny. and i need some help. i want to be bulimic. but the only problem is...i have tried and its hard to get use to sticking your finger or toothbrush down your throat. i really ...

Do I look anorexic? How much do you think I weigh?
http://img217.imageshack

yes, I am tucking in my stomach, but not very much. I'm only around 5'1, keep in mind. How much does it look like I ...

Is it possible to drink so much water that you die?

Additional Details
To those you say it's called drowning: I said DRINK water, not inhale it! LOL....

What do you do when you feel fat and ugly?
Do you have any coping mechanisms for when you feel fat and ugly? What do you do to deal? Work out? Eat less? Meditate? How do you handle it? I feel like a blimp and no amount of eating right or ...

Poll: Do you like your body?
what do/don't you like about it?

asking this because a lot of people posting questions here seem to not.......

Am i considered overweight?
im 14 and 5'8 and i weigh about 149-150?...

How Much Do You Think I Weigh??
http://i285.photobucket.
Im 5'9
Thnks
=]
Additional Details
I Weigh 112 ...

Am i overweight? fat???
im 5 foot 8 and 121 pounds. im 13 years old. and i feel like im kinda fat but everybody tells me im not. HELP....

OMG! I totally need your help!!!!?
Okay, i wanna go on a diet.
i have a plan, i dont really care if i have to starve myself, i can control my appetite...but i mean, i wanna lose weight though. Okay please tell me if it will work, ...

cautiously gaining hope
How many calories should i eat daily to lose weight?
im 18
133 lbs
5'5

i workout 6 days a week at the gym
alternating between:
35 minutes elliptical at 180 rpm, weight training
and
30 minutes elliptical at 210 rpm, weight training

im trying to lose 10 lbs
Additional Details
im always at level 8
i alternate doing sprints at 210 for 30 seconds and then 180 for 45 seconds(total 30 minutes)

i do isolated weight training, focusing on tri's, quads, hamstrings and abs

g
You don't need to lose weight. You're right on target at what you should be for your age and height. Too much diet and exercise at your age can stunt growth and development. Take it easy.

Kelle
Rating
1400 healthy , balanced calories for a women , not including exercise, plus 200 more calories a day for your exercise plan.

If you don't eat enough your body will go into starvation mode, store the energy, and you won't lose any weight

ladybugg6
atleast 2,000 a day

in love asem
Rating
first i need to know what you diet is like before i can tell you exactly how to lose weight it is not necessary on how many calories you are eating it is how you are eating to lose weight . if you would let me know what your diet is like then maybe i can give a little advice my husband is a personal trainer so i know alot about it tooo

girl_101
1200-1400 calories per day

Paradise C
Rating
You don't need to go on a diet, you just need to add more different exercises to your work out plan. Because you exercise so much, eating less is going to make your body more tired because calories are essentially energy.

katiecat
I lost 31 lbs watching what I eat and drinking only water and green tea. Watching what I eat means 1000 or less. My health is fine. Oh and I did this in three months! I too am 5'5

tohian
Rating
First of all, you seem to be doing a lot of exercise. Nothing wrong with this per se, but working out 6 times per week, you will need to get 2 things absolutely right:

1) Nutrition. This is your #1 priority. Make sure you're getting in your carbs at the right times. Read up on this. It's a concept known as Nutrient Timing. This is as important as overall caloric balance.

2) Recovery/Rest. You will hurt your body if you're not giving your body enough time to recover from your exercise. See to it that you're getting at least 7 hours of sleep per night and again, make sure your nutrition is tip top. This will help your recovery.

Finally, to answer your question, on a weight loss diet, you should be eating (bodyweight in pounds x 10) calories. Thus, in your case, you should be consuming 133 x 10 = 1330 calories, which we will round down to 1300. This is your magic number. Keep to 1300 and you will lose weight at a rate of 1.5lbs per week. Remember also, this is NETT calories. Meaning that if you plan to go for a run that day, and burn say 300 calories, you should be eating 1600 on that day. 1600 - 300 = 1300, which is your magic number.

Hope this helps.

Charlie D
just eat healthy. u are doing alot of training so you do need to eat alot or ur body wont be able to cope.

Amanda
First of all, please please PLEASE don't listen to these people saying 1000 calories. 133 is not overweight at all for 5'5". Your BMI is 22.1, whereas ideal for your height is 18-25. See? You're perfect. Cutting your calories down to 1000 a day at your weight (and age) can be extremely dangerous and lead to yo-yo dieting. This is especially true considering how much you work out; you need fuel (calories) to keep going at that pace.
Personally I'd say you should probably be in the 1400 - 1500 range, but I'm not a registered nutritionist. I'd recommend talking to your doctor, or talk to the nurse at your school. All high schools and colleges should have one, and many bigger schools have nutritionists, too. They can get you exactly where you want to be.
Good luck, and remember that your health is WAY more important that losing a vanity pound or two.

Brandon
Rating
like the other people said eat 500 calories less each day but also eat complex carbs like whole grain wheat not white bread. eat breakfast to jump start you metabolism. and eat a lot of small meals throughout the the day not 2-3 large meals. take vitamins.

also no matter how temped you are don't take diet pills. One of my teachers who was taking diet pills. She was normals sized but she wanted to slim down a bit but it screwed up the gland that controls your metabolism and weight gain and now shes really big

DropDeadGorgeouss
wtf
dont listen to the chick to said 1000 calories a day
she's obviously anorexic or a freaking stick
the MINIMUM your body needs to function proparly is 1250 calories a day

this may sound stupid but its actually how are bodies work
your body burns calories the most while your sleeping. so get atleast 8 hours of sleep at night. that and combined with healthy eating (lots of protein) will really help

counting calories doesn't work at all, i've been struggling with weight since i was in grade 3. over a year ago i lost about 84lbs, not doing a crazy diet, fad dieting or counting calories

diets dont work, life style changes do

im not trying to preach, im just trying to tell you how not to do it so you won't damage your body in the long run. [dont eat less than 1250calories] you must eat proparly

5 small meals are better than 3.

follow a food guide of healthy eating
example:
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/food-guide-aliment/index-eng.php

stay away from websites or diets that say lose 11lbs every 9 days or 20lbs per week. they simply dont work. and if they do theyll cause damage to your body, cause you to have flabby skin, AND youll end up putting back on the weight you lost plus more

tips:
*eat the majority of your food in the morning, also alot of protein [this is when your metabolism is on its peak]
*also eat a good amount of protein right before you sleep [helps your metabolism out alot when your burning calories in your sleep]
*2% and 1% are actually better for you than skimmed or non-fat...milk is SUPPOSED to have fat :]]
*keep a positive mindset, never tell yourself you cant lose than 10lbs because when you say you wont you simply wont
*protein protein protein, i really can't stress that enough, because of the amount of workouts/training your doing your body really needs it.
*drink ALOT of water

theres also alot of great help online, but just becareful of what your reading though.

good luck i wish you all the best :]
but make sure, that the amount of weight you want to lose is healthy.

-hollyy

Starz henni
1500 and u r not that fat

user
try the tredmil for then the ellipticle, its proven to do more help sicne your actully forcing the mucle to move

health8866
Rating
The best way to lose fat is to combine proper eating with strength training and cardiovascular training. The proper eating means whole foods. No processed foods. Minimize sugar, flour and salts. Strength training as a general rule lasts twenty to forty minutes, three times a week using major muscle groups, involving larger movements such a bench press, a squat, and the suchlike. They will incorporate more muscles across multiple planes and axis of motion. Cardiovascular exercise could be done for twenty to forty-five minutes again three to five times a week. Always start out easier. Consult your physician beforehand. However, these three things are absolutely essential to be combined together to ensure your success to lose fat and weight.

Read online Weight Loss Journal at http://myhealth-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=14

Jennifer C
Rating
Depending on how many calories a day you ALREADY eat, eat 500 calories less than you would... everyday. then if you lower your calorie intake by 500 calories per day, for a week, you should lose... ONE pound... a week.... so to lose 10lbs you have to do this for the next 10 weeks or so... (if you don't cheat)

Chris J
Rating
Here is blog a friend sent to me to help me lose weight
good tips and a great info.
http://howtobefitandhealthy.blogspot.com/
this realy worked for me
hope this helps you
Good luck

prekinpdx
Rating
Instead of thinking about it as 'losing weight' you may want to think in terms of losing fat. Because you are doing strength training, you are building muscle, which in turn, adds weight. So, you are burning fat with your aerobic stuff, but adding muscle (and therefore weight) with strength training. I would mix up the elliptical stuff...your body gets used to it, so mix that up...the stair master is a real burn, you should think of trying that. Most people need at least 2000 calories a day without working out. And it's not simply the calories you consume, but also what kind of calories. You want to eat whole grains and lean proteins (lean protein takes more work for your body to break down, and therefore burns more calories when you eat it). Don't eat a lot of fat. I would recommend taking your body fat measure and instead of having a weight loss goal (since you are strength training) having a body fat reduction goal instead. Good luck!

dungeonmistress
Rating
1 lb of fat = 3500 calories
to lose 1 lb a fat a week you will have to reduce your caloric intake by 500 a day (500 x 7 = 3500).

start there.

Katy U
Rating
One thing to consider is the amount of sugar you consume. Sugar raises your insuline wich makes your body store fat. Eat 150-300 calories every 2-3 hours with 30-50 grams of protein and little to no sugar. Eat only complex carbohydrates. Oat meal is a great breakfast food. I lost over 70 pounds of fat using this method of eating.

kathyw
Around 1600 calories.

♥мєℓanie♥ ☮ღ☮
Rating
1000-1200

ltabby85
Rating
1800 cal

Amsterdam Conversations
Rating
you are doing a lot of exercise so cutting calories is not advisable. You need energy from food, so eating less will just make you tired more easily and you may get an injury while exercising.

I would say take in 2000.

never go under 1200.

happy_fantasy
between 1200-1500 calories

Timid Women Rarely Make History
Rating
You don't need to loose weight,but if you want to tone up, just eat leaner protein. And add more celery to your diet,it's a negative calorie food, good for snacks.

_edit_
I should have added first, since you are so active,you really need to eat more than the average girl your age just to keep up with how many calories you are burning. If you are not very careful and making sure you get adequate nutrition,your body will literally over a short period of time (since you are young) start to feed of itself to get what you need. It's best if you ask a medical professional the best course of action for this meal plan.

dave b
your 18
you weigh 133
your 5'5"
I'd say your fine

airforcebrat2151
I am reading the book South Beach Diet. It explains it all. How to eat right and in two weeks you can lose a lot of weight. Read the book There is no calorie counting I love it

krngrl
you should reduce 100 calories per day, until around 1200 calories.

katie n
Rating
First I want to say not to over do it at the gym. I would recommend 5-6 days a week and alternate strength training and aerobic training on different days. Add in walking and extra low level activity for extra burn each day. But don't do too much over strenuous activity (no more than an hour at a time)

First you need to Figure out your BMR, how many calories you burn in a day if you stay in bed and don't move you can find that out here http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/. From the information that you have left I am estimating that it is 1454.45 calories.

Then you need to multiply that number by an activity number, now from the information that you left I am assuming you are at 1.45 <you can see the activity chart here >http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/>

1454.45 X 1.45 = 2108 *Note this is an estimate*

So if you do burn 2100 calories a day then you need to eat less than that to lose weight.

Regardless, 1 pound = 3500 calories, so if you eat 500 calories less than you need everyday for a week you will lose roughly 1 pound.

The less you eat the more you lose, however the less you eat, the more you need to take breaks.

You need to pay attention to what you are eating, count your calories, make sure you get at least 2.5 liters of water.

You can use this site to count your calories

http://www.calorieking.com

Good luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy