Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What are the good and bad effects of anorexia?

Additional Details
Just adding this. And i disagree with yoo, i found loads of pro-ana sites. Thanks for the long lists, i have a ...

Starving Yourself for 8 Days?
If someone starved there self for 8 days, Only One fruit smoothie each day, how much weight would they loose??

Don't have a go at me because im not heading to do it. I would just ...

I love my Man, but at a slight mistake he gets really mad at me, what do i do 4 him to believĂ© im not cheating

I go regularly now to 24 hour fitness gym, I need to lose about 200 pounds what exercies should i do?
mostly ive been walking the treadmill for half an hour and riding the stationary bike for 20 minutes and things like that. any hep or ideas or suggestions????...

I'm on a Diet right now, and I'm starving! What can I do to fight this urge to eat? (Already had my calories
.........for the day. It's 3am where I'm at. I work nights, that's why I'm still awake)...

How can i lift my breast without surgery?

Would you rather a size 0, or a curved plus size?

If I am wanting to lose weight should I not be drinking any alcohol at all? x?

Is showering 3 times a week healthy for a man?
it takes an hour each time with all that scurbbing. this is the only work out i get to keep fit....

Protein shake recipes?
Anyone know some home made, low-calorie, protein shake recipes? I just want to know so I can make them at home because they're really expensive....

How in the world can I lose 20 pounds in 2 months???? ?
I'm 13, I'm fat, and I hate it.

I used to be really skinny but the summer changes a bunch. Any way I'm 5 foot 4 and I'm 125. DONT GO TELLING ME THATS NOT FAT!!! I Think ...

Am I Fat, Be Honest?
I'm 13, I'm 5' 0
& I weigh 117-118.

I feel fat, any suggestions to be 100 lbs? thank you!! :)
Additional Details

Exercising for a 14 year old?
I am 14 5'2 and I weigh 113-115.And I try not to eat after 6:00 and i'm drinking lots of water. I'd like to get down to somewhere between 107-110 before Christmas. what types of ...

Do u think this is fat?
im 16 years old and i weight 130lbs and im about 5'4. if i am how much weight should i ...

Am I fat????????
I'm 13 i'm 5'3 and i'm 36 in (bust) 30 in (waist) 36 (hips)
and I weigh 129. I know i'm curvy compared to stick figured people (no offense) but am I fat?...

I am a 16 year old male and I am 5'11 188 pounds i got a fat stomach. Will I get taller if I workout?

How can i lose weight by summer of '09?
Currently i am 130 pounds :(
i'm just looking for a routine that i can easily do from now throughout my school year. My school is right across from the YMCA and near the pool which also has ...

Is diet soda really that bad for you?
Everyone says that diet Coke is sooo bad for you...I have even heard that it is worse than regular Coke. But I really feel like I need it. I stopped drinking regular about 6 months ago and now I ...

Should i gain weight? [*pic included*]?
ok so for about 3 years now i have been really insecure about my body built.
i have been told by many people they wish they were built like me.
but i feel like they're not being honest....

Why can't I stop drinking pop?
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. It's driving me crazy. I drink diet, but it's still not good for me....

shrndcksn
How many calories do you need to burn to loose body weight?

Jamie
You need to burn 3500 more calories than required for daily living to lose a pound.

Feudalserfer
Rating
Simple. It's like money. If you need 2000 calories a day to maintain your body weight, (men need about 2,500) then anything less than that will eventually lead to weight loss. 1 lb = 3500 calories.

Deirdre
more than you take in

cookedermott
depends on your metabolic rate

aaina f
Rating
The more the better

sdarp1322
It depends on how many you are taking in now, If you are on a 2000 calorie diet and are stable at the same weight, try dropping down to 1800. Don't go from 2000 to only 1000, that could casue some serious problems.

Savannah
Rating
more that you eat and the best time to burn calories is just after you get up before breakfast

manorris3265
You need to burn off more calories per day than you take in. To do it properly, you need to be aware of what your daily calorie intake should be e.g. if you are quite a physical person with a physical job, this could be 1500 for a woman, but if you are more sedentary, 1200 would suffice. It should work out then that you burn off more than you need.

I did a very successful calorie controlled diet & lost 24lbs in just under a year. I managed to do it mainly by being more aware of what I was eating & drinking & changing the way I cooked my meals. Instead of drinking regular Coke, I drank diet Coke; semi-skimmed milk instead of full-fat milk; grilled meats instead of frying etc etc.

blowry007
About 3500 calories per pound more than you take in. So, if you want to lose two pounds a week (and I would not recommend any more than that), you need to burn about 7000 calories more than you take in.

Put another way, if you change nothing about what you are doing now (in terms of exercise), you will need to eat about 7000 calories less per week than you are now. That is about 3.5 days worth of food for a person with a 2000 calorie per day diet, so I would recommend cutting back on what you eat a little and exercising more. I hope it goes well. May God bless and keep you.

witchfromoz2003
You need to burn more calories than you are putting in.
Be kind to yourself and do it sensibly

bigtymerz408
Rating
more than you eat

anonymous_dave
More than you are eating.

Joker
Rating
one.

redwolf7782
Rating
Burn 3500 calories more than you need - Lose 1 pound

Kat
More than you consume, yes. Also, keep in mind that there are 3500 calories in one pound.

The Man
Rating
3500 calories per pound

* Flave' *
More than you take in....lol i just wanted to be the next to say it:P

Pete and Lisa
About 3500 calories per pound.

Michelle S
Rating
wache mean girls

big_fat_goth
Rating
2,500 a lb. But that's fat. You lose water as well, and you need to replace the water. Plus muscle that you build weighs more than the fat you lose, so it can be swings and roundabouts.

it's katie =]
You need to burn more calories than you take in.
for instance, if you ate a sandwhich with 300 calories, you would need to burn over 300 calories.

Jeremiah M
a lot i think atleast 1200 or more

DomC
Rating
It's 3500 calories per pound.

Foxy
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/morgan/a_healthier_way/week2lesson.pdf#search='How%20many%20calories%20do%20you%20need%20to%20burn%20to%20loose%20body%20weight

leslie c
lots and lots if you drink coke stop and you will lose weight

edyyrules
It's going to be more than 2000 calories a day unless you eat more than what you need to. Either way it's going to have to be 4000 calories a day or more. Well has to be more than you eat a day.

Jude
Rating
I think you just need to burn more than you take in - but that is easier said than done as it is much easier to gain calories than to lose them!!!

Tony R
more than you take in

PrincipalNZF
3500 calories is a pound (except that as you lose weight you'll also lose water weight, which doesn't have calories). So for every 3500 calories you burn above what you eat, you should lose a pound or a little more.

The question is how many calories you are burning just by being alive and breathing, and that depends a lot on your metabolism, age, weight, etc.

But if you take a look at what you currently eat and cut out 500 calories per day, you should start losing about a pound a week, which is quite a bit -- don't go for more than that!

browneyzz90
Rating
you have to burn something like 500 calories to lose a pound.

Pancakes
More than you take in.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy