Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Why is it im eating so much but im not putting on any wight?
I eat three meals aday but all the meals are fried and i am worryed im not putting any wight on....

What's a healthy weight for a girl who's 5'4 and 14.5 years old?

Is it ok to try throwing up for a few weeks to lose weight?
hi, im very over weight, im 23 5,11" in height and weigh about 23 stone, some scales cant read me

i hate how i look and feel fat

iv tried diets all the time but i always ...

Why are Americans getting fatter?
The US Center for Disease Control has stated that soon obesity will overcome smoking as the #1 preventable cause of death within the next 10 years. 8 years ago, 50% of the US was overweight or obese. ...

I want to loose weight but it is not working, what should i do???
Ok... im 13 and i weigh 104 pounds and im 5 feet 2 inches my bmi tests say im normal. But when i look in the mirror i c a fat person. I want to loose 10 pounds. My friends tell me to stop. Im purging,...

If you 're 5'8 how tall are you? get easy 10 points?

I need to lose about 10lbs fast. any tips.?

What are the best foods to eat to keep you full and help you lose weight?
I lost 45 pounds last year on diet pills and gained it all back quickly. Now I am determined to do this the right way. I am 17 years old, 5'7, and weigh 225. That is a lot. I really just want to ...

Am fat and sooo unhappy?
Am fat and sooo unhappy?
I'm 32 and weight 12 stones and 8lbs. I'm 5ft 8. with big bodyframe. My clothes size is 12/14. and bra size is 36DD. Is this fat???

I hate myself so ...

How can I gain weight before school starts in August??
I'm not sure if I have a fast metabolism or something because it seems impossible to gain weight. I weigh about 100 right now. How can i gain at least 20 pounds without spending alot of money?...

Is it better to join a gym or just walk every- morning?
I just want to lose tbis flab stomach and tone up other areas- please help, thank ...

I'm 13 and obese, I would like to lose weight, but where do I start?
I'm 13, 5'4" and 180 pounds. I would really like to lose weight, for a healthier life. Where do I start? What should I do first to lose weight? Any tips will be ...

What are the things you love about yourself? easy 2 points?
most people come on here and say all the things they hate about them selves i wanna see if there actually is anyone out there that loves something about themselves

for me its my hair =]

If i take a lextive every day or two time a day will i lose weight?

Can a 16 yr old female lose 37 or 40 pounds without having loose hanging extra skin/flabbiness if she?
is not fat just chunky/chubby and does a half hr of toning 3x a week and a walk 3x a week plus the other 4 days an hr to an hr and a half or toning
toning from using callanetics and lotte ...

My friend says women poo less than men. about once every three days. is this true?

Am i underweight, or normal weight?
im 5ft,103-104 pounds,im 22yrs old.female/mami of one 3 yr old.
Additional Details
should i lose or ...

Why aren't i loosing weight? I eat a bowl of cereal... play basketball for 5hrs and cereal for diner. WHY?
I just dont get ...

Does decaf coffee stunt your growth?
Will decaf coffee stunt your growth?...

Am I overweight for my age/height?
I'm female.
I'm 5'7
I just turned 15
I weigh 163...

nikkio27
How long after eating something can you get food poisoning?

giga_the_freaky_dragon
depending on your digestive cycle it can take up to 48hrs (maximum) to show. Minimum a few hours.

suzi_q96
Rating
2 hours i think

Tbees
about 4-5 hours. the food in ur stomach takes about 3 or so hours to digest and then move on, so u will start getting symptoms around then. its one of the worst things to happen, but stay as strong as u can and it will pass.

Michelle
It all depends on what you have eating and what type of food poisioning you have. It can be from 4 hours to 12 hours.

Heather H
Rating
it is usually 24 hours that's when your food has properly been digested but in some cases it has occurred in 15 hours

ged
Rating
within 6 hours

Lilu
Depend, of what kind of poison, it could be instant up to 6 hours.

Lovella
Rating
It depends on type of poison, type of food and your immunity.

Poison in liquids tend to get absorbed quickly than in hard food.
Your body immunity helps you to resist on poison effects so it depends on how your liver condition.

abassvsp
THERE ARE MANY KIND OF POISONS WHICH VARY IN ACTING OVER YOUR BODY. aNY THING WHICH YOU CANNOT DIGEST IS A POISON. FOR INSTANCE TAKE CYANIDE IT TAKES A FEW SECONDS ONLY TO WORK ON YOUR BODY.
DONT THINK NEGATIVE THINK POSITIVE. BE AN OPTIMIST
P A D D U

scousedanielle
When i got food poisioning i ate the day before and it didn't kick in untill the day after and it lasted 72 hours.

Rose
it depends on how much the food was spoilt or whether it was expired since long or recent

xanghel
depends on the type of poison and depends of the person, some poison have no effect on some people, and some of them have a tiny effect on people.

between 5 seconds and a lifetime.
:P
check VRISHIKASANA | Scorpion pose.

edison
Rating
I`ve noticed on the times I have contracted Food poisoning that it was always something I enjoyed eating so, it actually gets to work virtually straight away but you don`t feel ill for maybe a couple of hours after you have eaten.

daz4518
i think i had food poisoning twice in 1 month (upset stomach) but what ever it was my stomach digested it as them next day i felt absolutly fine!!!! no side affects, 1st was after dodgy chicken then the second was chilli!!!! felt fine soon after the affects though! god bless my stomach of iron digesting nething it can!!!!

Jessiegrl1
Rating
4-5 hrs. before you can know if you have it. call poison control! or the hospital!

Bobby
Rating
You would usually start to feel stomach pains within a couple of hours

Stephen L
Very quickly - as I found out on Monday evening!

Val G
If you haven't thrown up or pooped after 5 hours, you haven't got food poisoning. When your body reacts to bad food, or has an allergy to a food, it lets you know VERY quickly! After that amount of time, you're more likely to have eaten too much of something that your body isn't used to - fatty or creamy foods mixed with too much alcohol. Think of your usual diet and then think of what you've eaten the previous day that was different from usual. Could be something as simple as an ice cream that has just set your stomach off.

Supersammy :o)
Rating
Food has to digest first so anything from 2-24 hours

cherub
within 3-4 hours but could take longer. Not likely to occur before this time.

short_n_sweet_n_luv_2_kiss
Rating
ummmm it depends ome of my friends get it within a few hr.s or so maybe a day

eagledreams
Rating
e coli can be longer tahn 24hrs....salmonella up to 24 I think and another which gives the runs up to three days.....

bunnykins1980
Not long at all. As i found out last night!! it took about 2 hours

newy
Rating
had bad prawns last year,was ill in bout 3hrs i fink it was. dont eat them now,shame, i used to love em. And it was new years eve! BE VERY CAREFUL OF FISH!!!!

Euan S
could be from a few hours to a few days. if its botulism it will show symptoms from 18-36 hours, if it is botulism that is very serious and life threatening, but if it is just a Salmonella infection it should clear up by itself

JentaMenta
My mom (fount of all knowledge) always said it could start almost immediately, and also be delayed for up to 2 WEEKS after eating the dodgy thing. This may have been a ploy to try and remove the blame from her own cooking onto the last time I ate out though...

jinx
it usually takes 4 to 5 hrs before any signs of food poisoning

peanut509
It really depends on the amount of poison that you consumed in your food. It could take under an hour if you ate a large amount of contaminated food. It could take several hours if you ate a smaller amount. You wouldn't get food poisoning several days after eating something though.

junkmonkey1983
It depends on what bacteria are causing the food poisoning.

Some cases develop really quickly - in 1-8 hours. This is because the bacteria involved produce toxins as they grow and reproduce.

Other cases can happen later on - even up to 48 hours later. This is due to the body killing and breaking down the bacteria, and the bacteria releasing toxins as they are broken down.

nitenurse993
Rating
anytime up to 4 hrs you will notice symptoms, after 24 hrs eating in a place you think was dodgy if you start feeling poorly i would doubt if it was something you ate

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy