Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Do you think i looked better before i lost weight? pics included!?
Here's the link
http://s277.photobucket. what do you think?
thanks

I crave nuts...?
I love nuts...cashews, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, brazil nuts...doesnt matter which kind..
but im on the 1200 diet and 1 serving of nuts = ~ 500 cal!!
it uses up all of my ...

Help!i can't stop eating!!!?
i quit my job to be with my child. now i am home full time and can not stop eating . i really enjoy it . and can't help. i am 160 cm and was 50 kilos 2 weeks ago now i am 55kilo!!!!!!how can i ...

How to not eat so much?

Ten points to anyone that can help me with...........?
my underweight problem i'm under weight by thirty pound's and it's getting worst I'm 23 and six foot even I'm on an 6,000 calorie intake diet or more I'm having problem&...

5'6 and 115 pounds..am I fat?
I am 18 years old and I am 5'6 and weigh 115.Am I fat? I constantly get depressed and upset and try to lose weight because I think that my legs are fat and that I weigh too much.
My friends ...

Can i eat a snicker if I'm on a diet?

Would you rather have a beautiful face and a fat body or a perfect body and ok face?
And you aren't allowed to lose weight, EVER!...

What is the ideal wait for a 5ft 5 14 yr old girl?

I am already 18 and 72 pounds am i fat i feel fat but every one says i am not why??????????????????????...
well i think i am over weight am i?...

How can i loss 50 pounds in 2 weeks?
JUST WANNA KNOW...

Hi,im 15 and i want to be a flight attendant in the future.but im thin.can anyone give me tips to gain weight?

How can I lose at least 30 pounds in 2-3 weeks?
Im a 13 year old and Im overweight. For some reason I dont look all that fat but I weigh 223 pounds! I really want to lose pounds fast. How can I do it without EXTREMELY strenuous work but still be ...

Do I need to lose weight? (pictures)?
http://i56.photobucket.c http://i56.photobucket.c I'm 5'2 and weight 105lbs. What do you think?...

I feel so huge. I am 5'8 and 143 pounds. I know I am fat. What can I do to loose weight?
Please dont tell me I dont need to loose weight because I wont be happy until I reach 130 pounds. Any good pills or tips?
Additional Details

Am i too fat?
i'm 5'3 and 115..do i need to lose some weight or no?...

I am eating 3 meals a day plus walking i am down to 1300 calories a day still not lossing any weight?

Whats the highest weight for a girls whos 5'5 w/o being fat?
i wanna know the highest weight i can be while being ...

How to do I get rid of this weight ! Everyone is making fun of my weight and I need help ! ( Pics included )?
People are making fun of my weight. I am one of the chunky people in my school. Everyone else is so skinny. The parts I need to get rid of are in the red place.
http://i39.photobucket.c...

I feel like a cow ???????
ive been eating rubbish all day and now im feeling bad !! do you have any ideas of how to make myself feel better with out going outside b/c its pissing rain!!!!!!!!!!!...

Sha Mu Fa LA Ka
How do you get fatter when you dont eat?

kaitlin.< 3
Your body saves up any food you have left and it stores it inside your body and it doesn't get rid of it until you eat again.

waratthedoor
not enough calories for the body to burn

Serendipity88
In the beginning, your metabolism will slow down and it will stop burning up fat. Since you're depriving your body of food, it will switch into survival mode and it will make your fat last as long as possible. The best way to go about losing weight is diet (eating 4 to 5 small meals a day in order to speed up your metabolism and keep it working constantly) and exercise (and not the binge exercising, but daily, paced exercising that is healthy).

jacquie
Rating
Well ... i think what you mean is, that you DO eat, but you try to starve yourself between times. The body tries to conserve fat stores when its being starved, so when it gets its next meal, it holds onto as much fat and nutrients as possible. Either that, or youve found a miraculous way to survive without food, which Im quite sure would have been of some benefit to holocaust victims, those in famine ravaged countries, and the like.
The best way to lose weight is by excericing and eating a well balanced, sensibly portioned diet.

DearRico
When you don't eat, your body will save up all the food that you've had and store it, thinking that you're sick.

undrgroundskat3r
If you dont eat your body might think its "starving" and then the next time you do eat something it's gonna store it as fat.

fred g
I do not think that is possible right?

:)
Rating
Well, your body stores food that you have previously eaten. Your metabolism slows because there's nothing to feed to it. Then, once you start eating again, it confuses your body and your metabolism and you're even more screwed and get fatter haha. So not eating is a bad idea, because it may work for a while, but then stops immediately when you decide to eat anything.

Crys*
your metabolism goes down and since your metabolism controls your wight it makes your wight go up. Eat healthy and exercise

mazotti1
your body goes into starvation mode and does not want to give up any body fat. it is a really bad habit and a vicious cycle. eat small healthy choiced meals.

coolieson2003
your body begins to store what you do eat it is kind of reverse of what is expected to happen

Amanda J
Rating
What do you mean? Like the children in those commericials? Their stomachs are full of gas from malnutrition not fat.

Also, you can gain more weight if you starve yourself because your body goes into survival mode and begins to store everything as fat. (like bears when they hybernate: their bodies store blubber so they body can feed off its own fat source while they're hibernating)

You should never starve yourself to lose weight. Exercise 3 times a week and eat healthy, and you'll lose weight.

Lauren V
Rating
Well, I'm assuming you have to eat SOMETHING, and if not you should seek medical attention. But when you eat very little, your metabolism slows down causing anything you eat to turn into stored fat to give you energy. If you are trying to lose weight, it is best ro eat 5-6 small meals a day (eating every 2 to 3 hours) which would increase your metabolism. You should eat a well balanced diet..this a long with the propery amount of exercise (atleast 30 mins. of cardio a day with weights if you please which may cause you to gain weight when eating a lot of protein and increasing muscle mass) you will not only be more healthy, but lose or gain weight.

yelloh =)
u get fatter because ur body builds up the fat and tries to keep u alive and tries to keep ur heart pumping but mostly what gets bigger is ur stomach when u dont eat.

bamagal1119
Rating
Think of your metabolism as a fireplace. If you keep piling wood(food) on, the fire will blaze hot and burn high. You stir the fire around(exercise), it burns even hotter.

Now stop adding wood(food) to that fire. The fire begins to burn lower and lower. Until you have nothing but a few coals.

Now put a single log on those dying coals. What happens.....NADA(weight gain).

To keep a fire burning steady---you have to consistently feed it.

To sum all this up---you must EAT to lose weight. No less than 5-6 small meals a day.

Aura
When you cease to eat your body will begin to shut down and tyr not to use any stored fat or sugar you have if you are skinny this can cause massive problems. The body will react differently by storing other things as well.

jesse
Rating
you don't. It just slows down your metabolism a little. but it will slow down with weight loss anyways. You will lose if you aren't eating. People say that so you don't starve yourself

sivdog21
When you don't eat or have a reduction in caloric intake, your body goes into a survival mode. It takes whatever it gets and stores it and shuts down other primary functions resulting in lethargy, diminished mental capacity, etc...so when you do eat something instead of burning it on homeostasis, it gets stored.

Darby
Rating
When you don't eat, your body thinks it's starving and requires fewer calories. Do something to kick in your metabolism like running or walking and start eating 3 balances meals a day, and healthy snacks of fruits and vegetables. Don't eat fast food or junk food. Drink a lot of water, no sugared drinks and drink 1 percent milk.

Alive with the Glory of Love
your body goes into starvation mode and converts all of what you did eat into fat to store it. DONT SKIP BREAKFAST!

talayia p
gaining weight from not eating comes from a low metabolism.you already have fat. so without exercise or food the fat is just lying there.

CherryCheri
Your metabolism becomes warped and your body keeps any and all calories it gets due to the lack of nutrition.

mindfixation
Rating
Your metabolism slows down, so that when you DO shove something down your throat, your body doesn't know how to process it quick enough, thus turning it into fat!

bigleybill
Rating
You don't, you have to learn to eat the right things. Get the Atkins Book and read about low carbs. I did the Atkins Diet and lost 70 lbs so I know it works. Good Luck

Sydney C
You don't. But if you do eat anything your body (which is in shock) stores all the fat from that food because it thinks it's starving and may not get more food.

camern11
When your body starts to starve it's self it will store fat to protect it, but it will eventually and quickly start using the fat to survive

Jennifer Lynn
Rating
Your body is deprived of nutrients and proteins so it stores your fat longer than it would generally if you are eating. It would take a while before you would start to see any change in your weight. Your body wants to store your fat so it can use the energy from your fat to maintain homeostasis within your body.

sophiabohia
Rating
If you don't eat breakfast your metabolism slows down.

Robert M
Rating
Your metabolism slows down if you do not eat, and if you do not exercise it will slowly build up.

Tom
Rating
I call it the squirrel syndrome. Your body will slow down so much and hold on to whatever fat you got because it fears not being fed again for a long long time. So eat, darling, it's good for you.
:-)

rickbrokaw
When you don't eat your body begins to break down your muscle mass in order to supply nutrients. That muscle mass turns into fat. Not eating should not be an option, always eat!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy