Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i over weight?
i am 28 inches around my waist

i weigh 140 pounds

i am 5 foot 10

how can i loose half a stone
Additional Details

Does not doing excersise make you fat?
Even if you diet, does a lack of regular excersise in your life make you gain weight?...

Does you think he's good looking?
http://www.hotchickswith I think he is GORGEOUS. But I just want to know what individual people think also.

Do you think he looks good?...

What happens if i cut soda out of my diet and just drink lots of water?

Do I have a eating disorder?
Im 11.
I don't eat breakfast or lunch, and I eat dinner because my parents are around, but I don't eat a lot of it, and say I had a big lunch. I feel full at lunch, but at dinner im ...

How old were tou when you stopped beleiving in santa?

Is 110 pounds at 5'1 3/4 at 15 years old a bit underweight?
Just wondering? Since people are saying I'm skinny....
Also which side am I on the BMI?...

How can i lose 100 lbs in 3 weeks?
i need to do it fast, without any change in my ways - no excersise or limiting my cheeto intake

by! thanks a bunch! my bf will love ...

Stretch Marks? I'm 14!?
Ok I'm 14 and i have stretch marks on my inner theighs!

How do you get rid of them?
How did i get them?

I'm not fat i do dance 6 times a week and i've had ...

I am 17 and weigh 100 and 5'4" am i too thin?

Am I overweight I am 12,im 5'0 and i weigh 80 pounds?
I always feel sooo fat!!...

What kinds of exercises are there that don't involve a lot of sweating?
Sweat irritates my skin alot. Is there anyway for me to still do exercises without having to sweat so much?...

Do i have anorexia?
I know it sounds crazy to ask but i need help. Im 15 years old and i weight 110 pounds. I don't think i have in intentionally but i hardly ever eat. I normally eat once a day. My hair is ...

What are the chances of me getting my fathers genes?
this is a question about my metabolism. anyway my my mom has a super fast metabolism and my dad has an alright metabolism he could gain weight and still lose weight. anyways im a 16-year old male and ...

Please give me your advice...my younger sister is very overweight.?
My mom and my sister just moved back to Georgia from Alabama. My sister had a traumatic experience when she was 6 and from then gained alot of weight. She is now 15, is 5'8" and weighs ...

Doing the splits? is splits something you can either do or you cant?
or can you become more flexiable and then you can eventually do it, ive beign doing a lot of yogo latley thats why im intrested....

Is working out more than 3 times a week over doing it?
i do a full body workout fri/sat/sun and started adding mon/wed, is that too much????...

Am I getting fat? =[?
I'm about 5'11 and weigh around 9.5 stone.
I thought this was all grand and stuff, but my sister has come home for the summer with a medicial textbook (shes a third year medical ...

Is tea a hydrator as much as water?
I know we should all drink lots of water, but I HATE drinking it most of the time. I love iced tea and I make it with tea bags and use splenda as the sweetener. Water is best, I know, but having to ...

Am I fat?!?!?
Im:
female
5 ft. 6 in.
145 ...

Kaiser
How do you get fat?
hi i was just wondering exactly how you get fat. is it all about calories or other factors too? can i get some specific informations about how you get fat? and what does fat calorie do? and will diet drinks like diet cokes make you fat?

joey2
you get fat depending on how many calories per day you intake, how many grams of sugars a day you intake, fat intake and carbohydrate intake. your body only needs a certain percent per day to function and digest. your metabolism also helps your body get rid of excess by speeding your digestive system. If you have a slow metabolism, if you intake too much of the above or if you dont exercise enough you will get fat.

BrendaWise
Eat too much, especially junk food and sugar, and you get fat.

missambitions
you get fat by consuming more calories than you expend..i don't think diet drinks can make you fat since they have very little to no calories, but they may make you feel bloated..

chanchan
you get fat by eating too much and eating way too much junk foods and YESSS calories have alot to do with it.

Just pig out everyday, and you will wigh a ton in no time.

maamu
Rating
I think there is a conspiracy out there.

I say that there are really calories in diet drinks and cigarettes. Every fat person I know (myself included) lives for both.

Hmmmm--damn commies and their hidden calories. LOL

M

linhares35
Rating
you get fat by taking in more calories than your body burns off calories really mean energy they are a scale a way to keep track by numbers you should burn more calories than you take in food is fuel calories you can always compare the food you eat in calories with the exercise you do and how calories are burned during it diet soda will not get you fat but is poor choice as a drink water is best and if you are fat you can lose weight by drinking ten glasses a day

Jassataz Rules
You eat fast and eat a lot

corymowry
Rating
if you want to get fat eat double of what u eat now u happy

Big C
Rating
Since I am a fattie, lol, I can answer this one. It all has to do with calories. Each body depending on genes and physical activity needs so many calories to maintain a certain body weight. Now when you eat food with fat calories, say 100 calories with 10 fat calories, then the fat calories go STRAIGHT to the fat. Any excess calories that you do not use will go to fat. Subsequently, your body will then get the fat for calories if you are under your daily caloric intake. That is how you lose weight. Keep the calorie intake lower than what your body needs to maintain its present body weight. So you can eat all the Non-fat food you want, but if the total calories go over what you require to maintain a certain weight, then excess calories go to fat. Diet drinks with 0 calories, you will not gain weight per se. You just have to watch the sodium which if you drink enough can make you retain water in your body.

lonestarlady
Rating
Eat a lot of fried foods and sugary foods and do not exercise, you'll put on 30 pounds in about 2 weeks.

Deconstitutionalization
Rating
Excessive eating and lack of exercise will make you gain weight, then you should be 'fat' conclusively. Fat is slang though, 'overweight' is probably more appropriate a word.

Diet drinks and foods will still help you get heavier, but it won't come as easily as if you were just consuming non-diet foods.

Hope this helps!

Eve
Rating
Phospherous in both sugared colas and unsweetened will make you fat.

Hormones, and changes in hormones due to pregnancy, aging, etc. can change your body's metabolism and make you fat.

Stress can make you fat.

Poor eating habits make you fat.

Jobs where you sit all day can make you fat (becuase you don't move and burn off calories.)

Stay at home moms get fat because they are stuck at home all day with kids and don't any exercise anymore and probably eat more because they are depressed to be stuck at home all day long with whining, dirty diapers a house to clean and the repetitiveness of it all....

Lots of reasons darling!

My advice to you all in retrospect--NIP it in the bud. Always make time for yourself, walk every day, dump the kids in hubby's lap after work and say see ya on a Friday night and go out with the gals...yada, yada....or one day you'll wake up and say when did I become that person in the mirror?????? Then it will be hard, hard, hard work to undo....many women know this is true! :~)

P&B
Rating
Ask Rosie.

Mystic-scorpio
Well uh... you get fat from not excersizing and just sitting at home on your computer or watching TV. Certain things like pasta, bananas, peanut butter etc. can give you extra added calories but none of them are bad unless you don't excersize. If you don't want to gain weight then just set yourself on a healthy food amount. Follow the food guide and try to make sure you get lots of excersize.

Adam w
you eat food which turns into energy if u do not use all of this energy it becomes fat.

picture
My sitting around and consumeing more calories then you will burn the fat will start to stack up, and yes if by drinking diet sodas you think you are doing good so you eat more,

Skeeter
Rating
eat chocolate,an answer questions.

justme
drinking diet coke alone will not make you fat, it's a combination of things will cause an individual to gain weight. Not just their eating habbits, or lack of exercise but also genetics.

Angelic Julie
Rating
over eating fatty foods, fast foods and sweets, chocolates and crisps will make you fat, as will drinking too much alcohol. also having a lazy lifestyle will do nothing for the figure

Queen T
Rating
eating then going to sleep or not using the rest room right after u eat or not walking around

Justin P
when you don't excrise or eat healthy food

Shepherd
Rating
Calories ingested vs. calories burned. An unbalanced ratio will result in gaining weight, or losing it.
If you burn more than you ingest, you lose weight.
If you ingest more than you burn, you gain weight.
Make sense?

I scream for ICE CREAM!!
Rating
amount of calories you consume per day is > (greater than)amount you burn per day.

Sometimes genetics plays a factor because if you geneticially have a slow metabolism, you will pack on the pounds faster than someone with a normal or fast metabolism.

Diet coke can still make you gain weight. It still has sugar, although less than regular coke. Try flavored water- yum!

.caraxbeara.
Rating
Eating a lot + not exercising

Crystal Lynn
Rating
Just eat eat eat eat and dont get up. ever.

PraiseBob
Unless you truly have a glandular problem, the equation is quite simple. You get fat by taking in more calories that your body consumes. These excess calories are stored in the body as fat. While it is true that some foods are converted to fat more readily, the bottom line is that to avoid being fat you simply need to avoid overeating, eat the right foods (i.e. a balanced diet rather than high fat, high sugar, low nutritional value foods), and exercise to encourage your body to turn the intake into energy rather than storing it as fat.

The Saint
Rating
Eat as much junk food like fries and burgers as you can

Monet
Rating
I know I only gain weight if I'm pregnant. I lost all of it but 10 pounds

mom
Rating
♥ ♥you get that way by eating more calories than you expend, genetics do play some part in it as well as some mental ideas ♥ ♥

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy