Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Im only eating fruits and fat free yogurt for 3 months now?
am i going to be okay?
im 15 in june btw)...

How can you put on wait when your skinny even if you eat allot?
i eat allot although i just dont put on wait....

CAn you tell me your age,height, and weight, Plz?

Which people disgust you more: fat people or shallow people who judge them by their appearance?

How do u lose 5 pounds a day?

Help! me! why do u exercise with music & why?
OK SO IM DOING A SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT & I ALOT OF PEOPLE TO TELL ME WHY U CHOSE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE U EXERCISE! & WHY!
THANKS ILOVEU!...

I didn't work out today and now I feel guilty?
Is this such a bad setback? I didn't have work or anything else to do today and I told myself I was going to workout a lot but I ended up lying in bed all day. I work out at least 3-5 times a ...

Am I overweight?
I am an 18 year old boy who is 6 foot tall and 16 stones in weight! Am i fat? And if I am how much shall i lose and how?

Thanks

Mark
Additional Details

How much should a girl, 18, 5"7" weight? b/c i weigh 123 pounds?

Its like anorexia but i dont want to lose weight, i want to be taller?
im naturally skinny, so weight is by no means an issue for me.
my obsession is with gaining height
i eat things with lots of vitamins, lots of calcium
im always stretching my legs, ...

Am I fat???!!!? PLEASE HELP!?
I'm 15, I weight 120, and I'm 5'4. I FEEEL fAT =( AM II??...

Am I too skinny?
I'm 13 year old.
I'm 4'11 and I weigh 70 lbs.
I try to gain weight but, it's not working.
What should I do?
Thanks for the help!
I appreciate it!...

Ok i need to loose pounds in three days?
ive tried everything pills diets exersise but i keep going back to the ...

How can I get taller?
I'm not looking for dumb answers or "no you can't." I'm dead serious, and I need help. I'm 13, and I'm really short. If you can give me a way to get taller, I will ...

My age is 20 & my height is 5'1 . how can i increase my height. this is serious no funny responses. thankyou
i am using yoko and i also ordered super-growth is there any way i can do more than this. i also do the stretching exercises. please let me know if you know anybody has made it that would boost my ...

I'm 16, 5 feet and i weigh 83 pounds. Is that normal?

I'm skinny and wanah get fat, what should I do?
I eat a lot of crap and not even gain a pound...c'mon...I need a way to gain weight...not lose it!...

I'm a 13 year old girl, i weigh 127 am I over weight?

Additional Details
My height is 5'2.........

What to eat if you are feeling shakey/faint?
Hi, I have a feeling that I'm not eating enough to satisfy my body since I have increase my activity level.
Is there a good food that will help me not feel shakey/faint during the day that ...

What do guys like better, blondes or brunettes?

sharona
How do i seriously lose 100 pounds as quickly as possible?
i have a lot of stress which makes me gain weight...i say this because i don't eat a lot. mostly on the weekends. but i drink too.
Additional Details
i guess i should say i have lunch and dinner typically, but have larger meals on the weekend. i've done daily exercising, cutting carbs, running, etc. i lose a little weight, then gain it all back. i pig out when i am stressed, i just noticed that when i am stressed, i gain weight.

onthego
Rating
Safe as possible.

Increase your water intake like crazy! Take in half of your body weight in ounces. For example of you weigh 200 pounds, you should be drinking 100 ounces of water everyday.

Doing this will have you seeing changes SOOOOOOO quickly!!!

Also start exercising in a small way like walking around the block.

Decrease your sugar and junk food intake! I didn't say STOP...I said decrease. Replace those snacks with fruits and vegatables!

Make sure you check with your doctor and best wishes!

idontkno
IT NOT HEALTHY FOR YOU TO DO THAT .

algal1120
Rating
tummy tuck

jesseica
Rating
Ok first of all stop drinking or let yourself drink one drink once a week.
Also not eating a lot isnt healthy and is not a good way to lose weight.
Eat three full course meals a day. I know when you have a high stress day its hard to do but prepare them ahead of time and bring them with you. They make lunch boxes that are cute and dont look like lunch boxes but are insulated that will keep your food hot or cold for you.
Also eat snacks. They have containers now that are just for fruit to keep the fruit safe in your purse.
Concentrate on eating healthy not less eating.
Drink lots of water.
Exercise...even if you are sitting at a desk or whatever you can still do leg bends etc and get your work done.

aslany
As quickly as possible will be about a year. That's losing 8-10 pounds a month, which is a lot. You'll lose fast to start, then it will slow down as you get slimmer.

First step, track everything you eat and every bit of exercise. Fitday is an excellent tracking tool that lets you really see where you're overeating.

Second, formulate a diet/exercise plan that works for you.

Pick exercise that you can do for at least 1/2 hour, 3-4 times a week to start. It could be dancing, walking, an exercise tape (like tae bo or Richard Simmons), or whatever you like. Keep an exercise calendar (or log exercise on fitday) to remind yourself and keep track of your progress.

There are no magic diets. It's smarter to start with small changes to your regular diet. So, for example if you normally have a bowl of cerial and milk for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner try substituting non-fat milk with your cerial, nonfat mayo on your sandwich with whole wheat bread, and make your own sauce for the spaghetti instead of using jarred sauce (usually much more caloric than homemade).

Joining a support group online or in person can really help. Just hearing from people who are struggling with the same issues is a real life-saver sometimes. It can also help you through those times when you don't feel like you're making any progress at all. Believe me, you're making progress even when you think you're not.

Good luck!

glock310
Rating
try baeriatric surgery

texansis
First get a reality check. No one gains weight without eating too many calories. Serving portions are MUCH smaller than most people realize. Such as, as single serving of meat is about the size of a deck of cards, and a serving of vegetables would fit in your coffee cup.
Then, see your doctor or nutritionist and have them teach you how to eat and exercise.
If you loose 100lbs too fast, you will end up with nasty hanging bags of skin that only will go away with plastic surgery.

?
Rating
Man i am tired of answering this.

There are 3500 calories in a pound of phat. you could realistically shed 350 calories more then what you put in daily. That means you could shed 1 pound of fat per days, x 100 = 1000 days or 3 years.
Any other way is not going to work long term. Try surgery but that doesnt even guarntee keeping it off.

the math is take more off of your body through exercise and sports then what you put in , healthy foods and water.

Wikipedia says the difference between a 40 year old that is 100 pounds overweight and a 40 year old that is 15 pounds overweight is about 15 calories a day throughout a lifetime. That means one extra snack a day could mean the difference between obese and healthy throughout a lifetime.

Fox
Stop drinking and get massages more often so the stress goes away like that you will lose wight fast and if it doesn't work go to Jenny Craig hope you can lose the weight bye

Phaylynn
Rating
I had a friend that dropped over 100 pounds in 3-4 months. He worked out like a crazy person. Ran 10 miles a day 1000 sit ups and stuff like that. But.. when you lose weight that fast you have another huge problem to deal with. Your skin is loose and hangs down and looks nasty! That's because your skin has stretched over time to accommodate your weight and when you drop the weight it takes time for it to ooze back into place. Sometimes it never does and it just hangs there! You really should lose that much weight gradually if you don't want to be stuck with saggy skin.

heartcoregirl
Rating
God you sound like me here it goes and its a long one. First off get your but out of bed 45 minutes early each day and walk, around the block or what ever for like 30 minutes. then you need to go to a wal-mart and buy PILATES on DVD with Denise Austin as the instuctor. DO that every day for like 20 minutes. Drink light beer of course. Cut your portions by a 1/4 and most importanly (this is the make it or break it thing) either give up soda or switch to diet i say this because the average 20 ounce soda has between 250 and 400 calories. If you are like i was you drink like 6 sodas a day so you take in almost a days worth of food calories just in soda. I havent changed what i eat just how much of it i take in. Try this for like 2-3 weeks and see how it does for you I swear i stared this back in November and here it is early april and i have lost 49 lbs and 2 sizes in jeans. But remember, muscle weighs more than fat so you might lose like 20 lbs and notice the difference and then weigh in and and find a week later that you put 5 back on dont sweat it your weight doesnt determine your size in every aspect. give a shot hun

cloudrr79
Sounds like it's not stress making you gain weight but your eratic eating habits reguardless of how little you eat..A recent study somehow proved that drinking doesn't give you a belly ( I wonder) so I guess don't worry about that just watch your intake closely are you able to drink 6 drinks one week then 9 the next , if so you are enlarging your stomach by filling it to it's max in drinking..Enlarging your stomach doesn't make you fat it just makes the amount of intake you can have larger..
I would try to make little healthy snack bags of stuff, carrots , grapes, cucumbers, raw broccoli , raw cauliflower, just so you can snack about since your eating habits are eratic..I'd also add walking at a park football field, around your block, plus as you have more days of walking you will be able to steadily pick up the pace to maybe a jog, or run...There is no quick fix to any weight problems it all requires work..

brainy_ostrich
Rating
How long did it take you to gain those 100 pounds? If you want to lose weight safely and keep it off it should take you just as long to lose it. Don't drink. Not only does alcohol have a lot of calories, but your lack of judgement when you're tipsy will probably lead you to eat more than you normally would. If you're really 100 pounds overweight your doctor can recomend diet pills, but the best way to do it if you want to keep it off is to make lifestyle changes. Exercize will help you lose weight and it will help your de-stress. When you're stressed and you want to eat, go for a walk instead. Also, don't eat in front of the television, because then every time you watch TV you'll want to eat. Quit drinking soda and drink more water, fruit juice, and milk. Don't cut out carbs completely, but try to switch to whole-grains instead of overly-processed carbs like pasta and white bread.

Kat
Try to go on South Beach Diet. You will lose weight but it is not going to happen overnight. You need to have some patience. Also, if you feel really desperate, you may want to try Hydroxycut.

darkwillow
Rating
you must quit drinking if you're doing it on a daily basis(like it's your h20 of life).

the key here is to have self-discipline.ask somebody(a friend/family member/anybody who knows you well) to help you out with this.
first, you really have to see a dietician. this is to ensure that you would lose weight in a healthy way. don't use pills not prescribed by the doc! you might end up getting more stressed, or you might get hurt.

Mz..Monkey
Rating
Why don't you only drink water and seriously if that does not work try liposuction! (it's always an option)!

dkzabtch
Get a divorce!

yes_im-addicted@sbcglobal.net
Rating
Well not eating alot, mostly on the weekends is a BIG problem. When you do this..no matter your current size..your body goes into "starvation" mode. Then anything and everything you eat it will hold onto calorie wise, not knowing when you might eat again. So although you are not eating much..you're holding onto every bit of it..which is BAAAAD. I don't know how much you drink, but do you pay attention to the calorie content? You'd be surprised how many calories you might be consuming while drinking. Start drinking WATER, at least 64oz a day and eating plenty of fruits and veggies. You also need some good lean meat for protein and some whole grains daily. Try and rid your diet of white flours and sugars...and any greasy, fast food you might eat. Start out small and make yourself small goals...don't shoot for something huge right away only to be disappointed. Set a goal in like 5lb increments. Also use a measuring tape!! Trust me on this one..the scale doesn't always show your progress..but a tape measure never lies. On weeks you don't have any weight loss it can be contributed muscle gain..which is good. Muscle burns calories!!Don't be discouraged at any time, just keep pushing towards your goal. I am a member of a weight loss site and I would suggest maybe you joining or just stopping by to check out some of the posts...It's great. Good luck!! The site is featherish.com

mary
Rating
You need to be patient...you didn't gain the 100lbs quickly, so don't try to lose it quickly! It's safest to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week.
Part of your problem is the drinking...i read somewhere that having 2 drinks a day can result in a weight gain of 20lbs a year! Try cutting back on the booze.
Secondly, you need to eat more than just on the weekends. You're starving your body for most of the week. Your body doesn't know that there's a grocery store just around the corner. When you don't eat, your body goes into starvation mode as a defense mechanism, and your metabolism slows down by as much as 30%. You need to try eating at least 1200 calories a day if you're a woman, 1500 if you're a man. Spread your meals out as much as possible. Try having 5-6 small healthy meals a day. If you have a super busy schedule, then have 3 larger meals a day, but have a piece of fruit or some veggies in between them to keep your metabolism up. Eating high fiber foods makes your body burn lots of calories because they're difficult to digest. Try having a cup of green or herbal tea a couple times a day. Make sure you drink lots of water too! If you eat a well-balanced diet, you can easily lose a pound of fat every week or two.
You also need to make sure you exercise regularly. Exercise also makes your metabolism speed up. Try going for a half hour walk (not a stroll, brisk power walking) for at least a half hour a day. You'll find that exercise is a great stress reliever!
Keep in mind that one pound of body fat is worth 3500 calories. If you can, try burning around 250 calories a day through exercise. After 2 weeks, you'll have lost a full pound of fat! If you can gradually work yourself up to burning 500 a day and you'll be losing a pound a week!
Good luck, and remember to be patient.

skad2thebone
Rating
try the ebola virus

la_la_la
100 pounds is a lot of weight to try and shed quickly! Be safe about it-Don't waste your money on gimmicky diets and pills. Seriously. You could end up sick and broke.

The South Beach Diet has helped my husband lose weight rather quickly. Because it has 3 phases, you will not be depriving yourself of food you may already enjoy. Of coarse, junk food is a no-no, but for the most part you can still eat things you like and lose weight.

Also, drinks LOTS of water. It will flush your system and keep you hydrated. It will fill you up so that you'll eat less as well.

Never skip breakfast or lunch, or you'll be gourging on dinner. You don't want to eat after 7pm, because your food will not metabolize correctly and it will encourage weight gain.

Exercising is important in losing weight! Get active. Treadmills aren't terribley expensive, and will allow you to get fit in the comfort of your home.

Be careful with the drinking. Many drinks contain tons of sodiums, sugar, and empty calories. If you must imbibe, drink vodka and sugar-free fruit juice, as it will not have the caloric intake of other drinks.

Best of luck, and be safe!

amstar021
Rating
Well, what I did was that I

1. Walked everywhere when possible.
2. Did some kind of exercise everyday which includes
1. 1.5-3 mile walk at a moderate pace.
2. Bike for 20 minutes (if I'm not feeling hot, 15 min)
3. Elliptical machine for 15 minutes at a moderate pace or 1 mile at about a 9.5 minute pace (9.5 min per mile)
4. Lots of stretching, especially if I'm really hurting and can't really do the above.

And EAT FOOD. The more food you eat, the less you will keep on you because the body won't feel as if it has to save carbs so you won't starve to death. And it's okay to eat on the weekends. Just make sure you can counteract that with the right amount of exercise. Also, if you're going to do this everyday, try to make it as consistant as possible.

I did this and I lost about 20 lbs in less than two months. Maybe this can work for you over time. :)

philbertpheinstein
Rating
The stress doesn't make you gain weight, your fingers do. Stop shoving food into your mouth.

Big Super
OK, as I've preached in this category before, there is the fast way, and the right way. The fast way (either by surgery or by starvation) leads to a host of problems. Most people who get gastric bypass end up having to go back to the surgeon again and again for cosmetic procedures to make them "look right". I'm not saying gastric bypass is wrong. I'm saying it's the nuclear option, the last chance when NOTHING else works.

Another fast way is through starvation. That's what a lot of these diets are really selling. One problem - no matter how badly you want to keep the weight off, your body WILL make you eat by creating a bunch of chemicals that will make you want to eat and eat. It's not will power you will be fighting with starvation; it's 30,000 years of biological evolution hard wired into the human body. You won't win; trust me on this (personal experience). In addition, starving yourself isn't good for your body.

Finally, medical doctors & professionals agree - you can lose 1-2 pounds per week safely. Any more, and your body goes into starvation mode.

So what do you do? The answer is simple - proper diet & exercise.

First, you need the knowledge of how the body reacts to diet and exercise. For that, I turn to natural body builders, as they tend to know what works and what doesn't. Don't worry about becoming a "he woman", you won't be able to do that without years of professional weight training. A good beginner's book is called Body for Life by Bill Phillips, which you can find on Amazon.com, or by going to www.bodyforlife.com.

Let's start off with nutrition. You need to start by eating 6 small meals per day, or one meal every three hours. Each meal contains a portion of protein, carbs, and veggies. A portion is the size of your fist. This is a good rule of thumb that will help you eat right. You do this 6 times per week, and the 7th day - eat whatever you want. Just delay your cravings long enough to get to that 7th day, or free day, and go at it.

Exercise is broken into two components: cardio and resistance (or weight). For cardio, work out three times per week, approximately 30 minutes per day, and push yourself hard. The other three days, work on weights, alternating between upper and lower body. So, your week may look like this: M-Upper Body Weights, Tu-Cardio, W-Lower Body Weights, Th-Cardio, F-Upper Body Weights, S-Cardio, Su- No exercise.

I really promote this book called Body for Life, by Bill Phillips. It's worked for me, my wife, and other people that I know. I don't get paid a dime or receive anything by EAS (who puts it out). I doubt they even know I exist, as I buy their products through a clearing house (www.allstarhealth.com).

The reason I like Body for Life is that it's simple, it works, it's fairly easy to start & maintain, and you can continue doing it throughout your life. You don't have to buy their products, you can get around that through a little more food preparation, but their products do make it easier.

Eventually, you will get to where you want to be, and will start looking for more information regarding weight training. That's when you move beyond the body for life system, and get into the more complex stuff. Body for life starts you out, and as you learn and progress more, you will start changing the system to suit your lifestyle and needs.

DramaGuy
Rating
Stop drinking, find a satisfying relationship.

Juicy Girl
Rating
Please don't seriously try & lose 100 pounds as quickly as possible unless you want to (1) starve yourself & be sick or (2) kill yourself due to malnutrition. You have to eat, healthy when it comes to losing weight, but also incorporating exercise in that regime and on a daily basis, but it takes the average person, in a healthy manner at least 8 months to a year if not more to lose that kind of weight. As far as a method for starting, go somewhere like LA Weight Loss or Jenny Craig and tell them what your goals are and go from there. This is assuming you can afford this. Otherwise, cut back on ALL refined foods and eat veggies, fruits, water, lean meats, low sugar, nothing fried and daily exercise for at least an hour a day. See where you are in a month after trying that. But please, don't do something that is going to do more harm than good. Good luck to you!

P.S. And cut out the drinking. That doesn't help. Strict your liquid intake to water.

Diamond in the Rough
Rating
1 hr of cardio a day Good Luck

Karmacoma
Rating
Shark attack. Loss of a couple of limbs should do the trick!

Stefan
You have to make a decision and change your environment dramatically. Do very crazy stuff, often. Shake yourself up. Start a crazy new habbit if you have to. Just make big changes and you'll be able to change easier and easier.

childofdarkness
METH lol

manda61905
Rating
There are so many calories in alcohol. You need to cut back a LOT on that. Drink lots of water, eat healthy and exercise. You shouldn't try to lose 100 pds quickly, that will just make you sick. You need to strive for 2 pounds/week.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy