Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How do I control my food cravings...now?
Like right now I want to eat mac and cheese with ketchup and then a cupcake....werid taste I know. But its 9pm and am not sleepy...what should I do?...

What is the best food for breakfast?
My mother always told me to eat fruit first thing in the morning (before oats or cereal etc.) because it helps to clean out the digestive system and get it functioning for the day. Is this true? At ...

What's your favorite diet food?

Is it TRUE that MORE YOU SWEAT THE MORE WEIGHT YOU LOSE??
i heard that the more you sweat the more weight you lose....is that true?? if it is, does that mean that if i walk 2km on a hot day and sweat more, rather than walking 2km on a cold day i will lose ...

Am I overweight or underweight?
I am currently 5'6 and 95 pounds.
I know that may seem skinny, but I have curves which makes me feel obnoxiously fat and uneven.

Also, DONT be rude by saying I am obese/anorexic....

What's a good diet that has worked for you? Which doesn't involve exercising regularly.?

Am i overweight?
Ok i'm a girl and i'm 14 years old. I am 5'3 and I weigh 125 but i feel like I weigh way more. Is this an Ok weight? I'd like it to be a little less. Also, is 60lbs an ok weight ...

Im in 7th grade and i weigh about 95 pounds i want to go on a diet but my mom wont let me what should i do?
i tried going anorexic but my friends didn't like that so i stopped and i don't want to ruin my intestines or what ever so I'm not going to be bulimic im a teen so im like always ...

I am not a water drinker. How can i start acquiring a taste for water?

How tall I am?
My mom is around 5 and my dad is 5' 8. What do you think my height would be...just a guess!...

How much weight do you want to lose?

What's the fastest way to lose weight?
I really want to lose weight!
Additional Details
I'm not over weight, but I want to lose some because I guess that's just ...

How long after eating something can you get food poisoning?

I don't want to live this life and be this way anymore please help me!?
I'm 25 and I've struggled with my weight all my life. Ive suffered from two miscarriages and I currently weight 375lbs. I have trouble breathing, and I cant walk very far maybe two blocks ...

What can you eat to satisfy a sweet tooth in stead of chocolate?
looking for a healthy ...

I'm looking into becoming anorexic, Any Good tips would be appreciated?
I heard this is a GREAT way to lose those extra pesky pounds, It also makes your hair shiny and smooth, I am just too fat!! if you know of any links to any websites let me know, thanks ...

Are ramen noodles healthy?
im on a ...

Do I need to lose weight? and how do i?
i think i need to lose weight
im 12, 5'4, and weigh 145lbs.
but what is an easy way to do it?...

Will eating only eggs make me lose weight?

Tips on how to stop food cravings?? help!!?
do you have any tips for me because i say like "okay today im dieting" but within 2 hours im craving crisps,sweets,biscuits!!
i know a good tip is too get rid of all snacks in my ...

aviator
How do I lose weight without exercising?

laclockiecelestialle
Recent research - I read somewhere - says that

Thinking that you are excersing, is some what equal to actually excersing.

Princess
Rating
eat breakfast its very important to do SO if u don't want too eat launch just eat a fruit eat an early dinner avoid eating sweet and oily food drink lots of water and walk around 4 about a half an hour after every meal and whenever u get the chance just walk this really helps... i know some1 who has done this and has gone 4rm obesity to normal!
good luck!

okarger@sbcglobal.net
Rating
Well, what I found that works, if you can stick to it that is, is try to eat two meals, times may vary depending on what time you wake up and work but ten and five worked for me. Theres nothing wrong with going to sleep hungry either, and drinking a lot of water is a plus. Drinking 1/2 a gallon of water a day could be enough to lose 3-4 pounds in the first week, not to mention the benefits your skin will receive in the long run. When you go shopping, don't buy chips, cookies, or any of that junk, if it's not lying around the house you wont eat it. If you need to drink soda, go diet. Once you have diet for a month or so, you won't be able to go back to regular soda. Oh, never eat at night either.

So to sum it up.
1. DRINK 1/2 a gallon of WATER a day!
2. No junk food around the house.
3. Two meals a day.
4. Go to sleep hungry.
5. No food at night.

gamerunner2001
Well, if you really think that is the route you want to take? Reduce caloric intake is about it. Not a good, long term way to take off the pounds, usually jumps right back on your bones as soon as you've stopped dieting. Good luck

Mr Clean
South Beach diet.

Tones
Here's what does it - no exercise: The south beach diet by Dr. Agatson. Buy the book or visit the webshop.

I'm sure though that exercisin will come to your mind as losing weight - eventually, because being fit is good and nice, but lose weight first.

Good luck.

MARIANNE G
Rating
You mainly lose weight by cutting down on certain foods, such as sweets, sugared sodas, etc.etc. Exercising will help you re-shape your body.

I have lost 100lbs and maintained this weight for a long time by changing my eating habits. Instead of eating cereals in the morning(which have a lot of sugars and starches, do I eat a big breakfast, consisting of bacon/smoked sausage/sausage patties, with eggs and cheese now. Usually that fills me up for a long time and I do not get hungry. In addition, I made a habit of drinking an 8fl.oz. glass of water right before any meals. That fills up the stomach right away and I cannot eat as much as I would otherwise, plus, the water helps flush the kidneys, which in turn helps to reduce weight from water.

For lunch I usually do eat lots of meat, salad, vegetables--but very little pasta,potatoes, or rice(too many starches, the body converts them into sugar).

I had to learn to get used to sugar free drinks. Compared to 180 calories per can of pop, the diet pop has no calories at all, and that made a huge difference.

To maintain my weight I made it a rule to continue my healthier eating habits with the difference that I made me a reward weekend, where I can eat whatever I like-from pizza to donuts to candybars. This way I do quench my cravings and have something to look forward to.

The main thing in a diet is that you can pep yourself psychologically. I bought me a dress in my dream size, I put my worst picture on the fridge, and a note saying "I love Myself" onto my mirror. I also did not give in when people told me that one piece wouldn't hurt me---because they didn't have a weight problem, I had it, and yes, one piece can hurt me. Did I mention "no alcohol" because it has a LOT of sugars and calories? Try to avoid it.

I started an exercise program because losing all that weight had left me with pretty flabby skin. Everything started to kinda wobble once I had lost 30 lbs and I did not like that. I still exercise, because I do want to maintain what I have achieved, plus it does give me more energy. So you might want to consider adding some kind of exercise.

The main thing though is, that you will not give up once the first round of weight loss is achieved, because you will experience that your weight gets stagnant for a while---the reason being that the first round of weight loss is mainly water---then you really have to get persistent because after that first round the body starts burning fat(provided that you stick with your diet)

If you want to lose a large amount of weight, go for achievable goals. Instead of telling yourself that you have to lose 30 pounds, set yourself as a goal 10 pounds, then, once you achieved that goal, you want to lose another 10 lbs. This way you are less likely to set yourself up for failure and will feel a lot better once you lost 10 pounds.

Also, don't feel bad if you give in and eat something like cake. It is no reason to give up-every blue moon it is ok to cheat, the point is that you continue with your diet after that.
I am wishing you good luck

tmwoard
Rating
Exercise is very important, although I lost 95 lbs in 8 months using a program called Shapeworks. When I started using Shapeworks, I could not exercise, so it does work, I do exercise now. Here is where I got Shapeworks from: www.loseweightnow.com/tfward

spyderman1212
stop eating or cut off a limb.

RagDoll
stop eating food, start eating laxatives, drink lots of fluids! happy dieting!

Demonata
Drink lots of iced water

cutegurl
if u dont exercise u wil not loose weight even if u stop eating

de_doughboy
I use HerbaLife shakes. Simple plan is 2-shakes in place of 2-meals followed by normal meal in evening. I just lost 14 lbs (1-stone) on this plan. Unlike BodyWise the shake is has more flavors and I am so confident that you will like it that if you call me with your details I'll even send you a free sample. Phat is a $21 value! ring 1-888-215-3117 ask for David Lee or IM me. de_doughboy

dustytymes
Rating
Reduce the amount of calories you eat.

Also eat more natural foods, vegetable, and greens in place of fatty foods.

You can also loose weight by simply walking/moving. This will curb feelings of HUNGER. When you don't move, or get bored, you tend to EAT MORE. (So find SOMETHING to do to entertain yourself.)

P.S. I would REALLY suggest WALKING as a GOOD START!

kiki_cece
you may loose weight without excise but you will have very saggy bits,how much weight and why?

mu_sa_kossan
Start to eat "good": No junk food, no candy and other things like that.
So you don´t want to exercise? Do you want to go for a short walk each day? Just normal walking can help too. You don´t have to change your clothes but a pair of good shoes might be a good idea.

tori06
BARF. But its impossible to see quick results w/o exercising to me that yells out ******* LAZY!

Butterfly
Diet or smoking or just dance. dancing is the best!

teo_hq
Rating
Stop eating for many days.

I'mstillhere
Rating
Drink more water, eat less move more.

JOHNSON CYMORE KADE
Rating
eat less food!

salam
Rating
By avoiding laziness.

Jason
same way you gain weight without eating.

Slayer215X
Rating
Diet

cristina r
just eat less food
count calories and see to it that you do not exceed the allowed calories per day,thats just to maintain your actual weight now, but if you really want to lose weight, really, just have less calories in to your body .Sweets, coke, fries are something one must be taken out of ones meal for a start..

luckdrgn
Rating
drink heaps of Lipton Ice cold Tea it curbs the appetite and eat salads before your meals and do not eat anything after five. another tip would be instead of eating meals just take a bite of different healthy foods to keep you from being hungry and you'll drop those dreadful pounds FAST!

coolest girl in the world shal
Rating
go on a diet.

patrick_newnham
stop eating or take speed which will stop you eating.

LilMikey
Trim Spa baby!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy