Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Embarrassed while jogging?
Hi. I've been jogging to lose a bit of weight, and slowly my endurance (and confidence!) has been improving. but today, it was very windy, so i just went for a jog around the block. My Mom ...

Why do men with big bellies (On a hot day) walk around in their front yard showing off their fat belly?
Don't they know it hurts everyone's eyes?
Additional Details
Sometimes they do yard work and their big tummy hangs 6 inches ...

Does skipping meals make you lose or gain weight?
I recently gained weight after I stopped running and I need to slim down some. So I'm wondering if skipping meals is going to make my lose weight or gain weight. Among other things that I'm ...

Im 13 yrs and i want to lose weight!?
im 5'1-5'2 and im 155 lbs
i want to lose 50 lbs
how long will it take?
i kinda excercise.
what do i eat!
im sick of people making fun of mee!!
:'(...

Im 12 im about to be 13 i do pushups everyday will that stunt my growth?
im 5'9...

What has been the most successful diet you've ever been on?
Mine was just a simple cutting down the junk and limiting my calorie intake - despite years of trying all the faddy ones!...

Can you get drunk taking alcohol anally and would there be any calorie intake ?

How many calories per day should a woman eat in order to lose weight?

Can i lose 8lbs in 8 days?
I need to lose 8lbs, by the 16th. Can somebody help me please?!

I need like a exercize and meal plan, plllease?...

Strongest muscle in your body?
Could somebody tell me what the strongest muscle in the body is as my brother says its your tongue but im not sure can anyone tell me if this is true.No silly answers please!!...

NEED To Lose 60 Pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Hello,

I'm Bjork. Female. 29 years old. 5'4" and a nasty 125 lbs. My belly is disgusting. I exercise daily. I drink tons of fluids. I used to be at a *much* lower ...

What should I say to my dad?
I am 16. I am 5'1" and I weigh about 125 pounds. Which isn't tiny. But it's not huge either. My dad often makes comments about me being fat. "Have you told anyone you are 7 ...

What is the best way to lose weight?
Im 15, 5' 5", and weigh 170 pounds.
I want to lose around 30-50 pounds. What are the best ways to lose weight and keep it off?
(oh and ive been vegeterian for like a month)

How much would you like to weigh?
Come on ladies be honest now!Guys too!...

I am 14 and i weight 131 is that ok?
I use to weight 125 I play soccer.I am 5.2 or 5.1 tall.I don't eat right I don't know what to eat for my age I need to loss weight cause soccer starts in about 5 weeks help please help.oh ...

I just lost 5 POUNDS!!!! Can I say WHOOOHOOO!!!!?????

What do you feed a child who cannot have bread, rice, oats, or any other kind of refinded starch?
My sister and mother have a metabolic problem that makes their heart race, my sister sweats all night, and acts absolutely wild, this only happens when they eat such foods as white bread, crusted ...

What's the perfect 30-minute workout?

How do I get more fiber in my diet?
And can I do it inexpensively?...

What is the difference between fibre and protein and how do they help the human body when consumed?

Additional Details
And what are some foods that are rich in fibre and other foods that are rich in protein?...

Starjumper TiPsey Contributor
How did YOU quit smoking once and for all?
It's been five days, and I'm down to three cigs a day now. But my head is hurting, and I'm very moody. Can you guys share your experiences, and little tricks that worked for you, as well as some uplifting supporting philosophy you've learned? I'm very far away from civilization, so no support groups or antil smoking centers around. I'm doing this in a society that keeps Marlboro in business. So, tell me.
Additional Details
I might just try that hot pepper thing! LOL Thanks you guys, I feel much better.

Sam
Rating
Try to get more information regarding some ways to stop smoking at my profile.

thechaos92
Rating
lol, i never started, but just get alot of somthing, like altoids or gum or somthing else to keep in your mouth and try to stop cold turkey is probably your best bet

*Moscow*
I have quit a couple of times by reading the Alan Carr book. It does work, yes i smoke again now but it's because i want to.

You clearly don't otherwise you wouldn't have made the decision. Deciding to quit i apparently half way there already.

Five days is pretty far in, after 3 weeks all the weird feelings will go and a lot of my friends say it's worth it.

Keep going, you can do it.

Raven Snow
Rating
I smoked for 13 years,started at 13 to look big/tough.
at 26 I threw the current pack ,into the trash.My boyfriend had started calling me his nicotine lady.He hated cigs. I'm really glad that I did quit;I just didn't quit soon enough,at 29 I had lung cancer.I lost a lung. so good luck quiting

THE NOLTE
Rating
I started drinking heavily.

Wait, that's not good advice, is it? Good luck, Star!

soft lips
every day you should buy cig pack and throw in trashbin...
before smashing the cig into multi pcs.

Marki
Rating
i am too young to smoke and whould never dream of it when im older, but i heard niquitine paches and gum is good

heroic dose
Rating
if you are going to take a pill, do some research. chantix has really bad side effects.

MO
try carrying around a package of carrots
or just go cold turkey

Angels10
From someone who smoked 20 a day for over 10 years - You have to go cold turkey. What I did was say to myself, NO - I will just get to the station or the shops or whatever ........ without a cig and when I achieved that I was proud of myself. I'm told the first 3 days are the worse, peaking on the third day. After that, it is just your brain telling you as a habit that you want one but, as the nicotine has gone it's the habit of smoking you will miss. I had stopped once before but made the mistake of thinking having just one would be ok as i could control it - like hell I could. I preferred to keep busy but a friend of mine took a week off work and found out she replaced her smoking habit for nail biting - she's over both now!
It's not easy but I am SSSOOO glad I did.

If your serious - Good luck!

P.s - avoid people who smoke around you for the first week as it will make it easier but if not, keep saying 'no' to yourself. Just NO.

kermisian
Rating
by not buying them anymore

Noora
I read Allen Carr's book.

sharrona
cold turkey...many years ago...and I sure don't want one now.

Elle
Rating
Cold Turkey baby. It is hard the first week, then you are right on!! If you need a bit of help w/ cravings there is something called nicotrol (i think), anyways it looks like a little white cigar puffer- you can break open this nicotine vial and hit the puffer. I was working in an auto factory where someone trying to be healthy was like, ooooh how strange are you...u wanna smoke?? I had to spend every break by myself for over a week, no going outside w/ the group. Thank God I did it, I feel so good about it now!! My b/f Mom has cancer and I now despise the entire tobacco industry,,Cancer sux!! Good Luck, you won't regret this!!!!!!

sapphireeyes
I quit cold turkey on the 31st of december .....Im doing great chewed alot of gum at first but not that much now .....I tried chantix in september I had really bad side effects....would not suggest that to anyone...I wish you the best .....there is a place to go online I think its called mytimetoquit.com...I dont know what its about I havent ever been there...you may want to check it out.....Have a great day in your far away place....T

jonathan bi
Rating
you have to stop and then get away from places where people smoke or they will make you want to smoke because your brain wants you to smoke even through it's bad and you might get grumpy at times.

Taylor O
Rating
i just stoped im very young and my mom would beat my behind

dougfr007
Rating
First off, you have to hate it, you have to hate the smell on your fingers, you have to hate the smell of the smoke, you have to hate that first drag, you have to hate that satisfaction it gives you. You have to fully understand that the only reason you are getting satisfaction is because you are creating the need for it by smoking those things.

Once you get that hate, ball it all up and aim it directly at your task, quitting. You have to HATE smoking and you have to WANT to quit.

Then just use goal to get through the tough times. Be mentally strong...almost like a challenge. Can you step up?

AckiLeeZ
I was always into sports and athletics, it was a part of my life to be fit and physically active.

Grade 9-11 i started smoking(socially) and i saw my performance on sports teams drop and worsen, until the day I played basketball and was tired after a few mintutes of play.

I use to lead my team to victories! now i was tired before the fat players who couldn't do layups..

I tried to run long distances like before and i couldn't, i would get heavy lungs and slight headaches.
I pushed myself until i got so sick, i felt like puking.

I never had a Cigg since.

hating the imprints & the girl
I quit cold turkey. I started when I was young, and I mean young. I must have been six the first time I lit up. I had a lot of problems in high school with it, I never had enough air in gym class to run track when we had to. That was when I quit, because if I didn't make the mile run I failed gym, and I couldn't graduate if I didn't pass gym. It k i l l e d me to not be able to smoke whenever I got really stressed, I honestly didn't have a clue what to do without them.
At first I started just chewing on them (yeah I know, I was desperate), but then whenever I felt like taking a drag I would bite a hot pepper. That way I'd start associating the craving as something bad. I got by on will power, but to this day I have indigestion problems from all those damn peppers.

Pagan-ish-ness (libidinous)
Rating
I had quit but I started up again. I found when I quit though that sunflower seeds were my best friend lol. They kept the habit of hand to mouth. And kept my mouth busy with the salty goodness. Once you get passed the first week or so of not smoking at all then its not a physical addiction its completely a mental addiction.

philosophy is that you can only quit smoking if YOU want to. You can't quit for someone else. You won't have the willpower then to keep it up.

Good luck. If you find any good tricks out come back and let us know. I should quit soon

noigres
Stop buying cigarettes... ever,

chuck
Rating
I always found that cutting down never worked...

Just think what do you actually gain from smoking? wrinkles, less money, yellow teeth, smell like ****, and you dont actually think you look cool once you are over the age of 16.

I used to drink a lot of diet soda, eat more fruit, look at smokers and pity them (internally otherwise you'll get your *** kicked) Keep a foul smoking picture as your desktop of youre working at a computer all day. (ashtray, old wrinkled woman puffing away etc). Also keep doing things that you would smoke with, eg I would still drink even though i loved a smoke and a beer, but then you know you've really kicked it.

Mrs. Brown
I took a week off of work. I got really crabby and probably would have lost my job. :) I started organizing everything in my house. Keep busy. Drink lots of water. I also went through tons and tons of sunflower seeds. You can do it, I have been smoke free for 18 months and it is great. If it is something you want it will happen.

Monique S
Rating
LOL, I quit when I found out I was pregnant. Quit for a year. The whole time I still had cravings. I really really really wanted a cigarette. However, I did not smoke because I knew it would be bad for the baby and putting ur child before yourself is vital.
However, after I quit breastfeeding. I started smoking again.
I did not want to but the cravings were too strong to resist when I no longer had a little being depending on my body for nurishment.
I wish I knew the answer, to fully take away the cravings. Goodluck to you. and I will check back to see if anyone has some good answers. Good question.

Michael H
Rating
You're doing great so far! Don't get discouraged. The headaches and moodiness will pass soon. When you get a craving, distract yourself. Ask yourself questions like, "If my favorite celebrity asked me over for dinner, what would I bring?" Or "How many songs can I think of that have someone's name in them?" Remember that a craving only lasts five minutes, so if you really concentrate on those questions, the craving will be over before you know it. It also helps to have something to do with your hands. Get yourself some modeling clay to play with or maybe learn to knit or crochet. You can do it!

Disco Bloodbath Queen
Rating
Well I quit when I found out I was pregnant. Nough said. But what really helps is replacing it with another habbit.

bobcat 007
Rating
after 26 yrs of 2 packs+ a day, I just stopped. I kept a unopened pack for a week and then nothing. It never got so bad that I had to smoke another one. if you don,t smoke the next cig you win. each day it gets better, never worse. in time you Will not even miss them. 18 years now for me. best thing I have ever done. hang in there, you will not regret it

R6S
Rating
cold turkey
get passed the third day and your good

dpwag
Rating
I had a stroke at age 36,i cant use my right hand.That helped!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Terms of use - Privacy Policy