Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Will i lose weight if i eat 1x a day?
im not anerexic but im trying to lose weight before my wedding in ...

You say that 2 get a flat tummy i must drink lots of water but i don't like the taste so could i just drink te
it's really hard for me to tolerate the tast of water. my tongue demands some flavor so i usually drink juice and sodas, but i still need to flatten my tummy. so could tea as replacement work?...

Look at my picture. Should I lose weight?
Alright, everyone. I'm not trying to win a Mrs. America contest. I just want honest opinions. Do I look fat or chubby?

http://viewmorepics.mysp...

Am I fat????!!!?
I am almost 14 years old, about 5,3 and 143 pounds. Do I look like I weigh that?? How much does it look like i weigh?? Am I fat? how fat?? whats the fattest part of my body?? what exercises should i ...

(UKonly) How can I incorporate "five fruit and veg a day" in my daily food intake?
I'm not a great lover of veg and the interesting fruit are too expensive. Salad is also a chore. Help....

What is a good breakfast to eat when you are trying to lose weight and you don't really have a lot of time?
I am trying to lose weight and one of my biggest problems is that I tend to skip breakfast. I want to fix this problem, but I really don't have much time in the morning. I already get up at 5:0...

I sweat between my fat rolls, anything to help it?
i have pretty good rolls on my belly, and they get all sweaty, and it feels wierd i try to keep them open, but the fat is to heavy, and squishy, and keeps falling out of my hands, anything to help ...

How do bread make people gain weight?

Is drinking a sprite better for you if you are trying to lose weight rather than a coca cola?

How many calories do u eat on average a day?( people(teenagers)who are just mantaining their weight)?
JUST WONDERING HOW MANY CALORIES NORMAL PEOPLE EAT AND WHAT kinda foods and how u know whether u have a good matablism . im 15 , 97 pounds and am 5-4. what do other 15 year olds eat xxx
A...

Loose weight fast, like real fast......?
my hubby is coming home from Iraq in 39 days. and i need to loose as much weight as possible before he gets here. he left and i had abs but i went through depression and gained alot of weight. i ...

Anyone know any appetite suppressants?
Low in calories. I know coffee is supposed to be good - anything else?
Additional Details
I'm not overweight but I need something to take my mind off food whilst restricting my ...

Has anyone ever tried smoking as a method of weight loss?
I've tried everything from starvation to making myself sick and using laxatives to taking ephedrine and all i want is to eat relatively normal. I know they aren't great techniques but my ...

Im ALWAYS hungry =[?
Im always hungry!! Even after I eat A LOT!

Im 15 and weigh 140 lbs!
Is that overweight??

And also...WHY am I always hungry? Its weird

Im full for like an ...

How can i reduce my breast size before considering a breast reduction?
i always had smaller breast but when i turned 20 they came out of no where and i dont really hate them i just would feel more comfortable in my body if they were a lil smaller i went from a C to DD�...

I need a six pack in 9 days?
im 5'9 165 pounds, and need a six pack in 9 days, is this ...

Why are you fat.?
drop the pizza and pick up a salad or some fruit. am i right or wrong. it is the ...

What s your favourite exercise?

Can i drop 50 lbs in 5 weeks?
i need to drop 50 pounds in 5 weeks. can you help me?anorexia or belimia or pills or...well....anything that costs mor than 20 bucks a weeks is out of the question.
Additional Details
im ...

Is it okay to be fat and play soccer?
Im an overweight 16 year old that wants to try out for the school soccer, i like reallly love soccer, i could also do a few tricks (basic tricks) could also kick and everything and all, but is it ...

megan b
How can i lose 45 pounds in 10 weeks?!?!?
im a 17 year old girl,im 5'4" and i weight 170 pounds. My prom is in 11 weeks and i want to lose 45 pounds before it. How can i do this??

jayne62224
Rating
ephedrine and salad and exercise and water

miggy1088
an intense workout and only eat salads, but make sure you are taking in alot of proteins. proteins get rid of belly fat. also only drink water nothing else not even juices.

Kate
Do you watch the biggest looser? They loose a bunch of weight in just weeks. Maybe go to the bookstore and pick up the diet plan and workout plan for them. I know that you have to work out a lot. Which working out is the best way to loose weight and keep it off

Sam D
motivation, calorie counting and excercise.

liltwerp
The body blueprint system is good.
30 min. of exercise a day.

♔BabyJ™
You have to diet and work out REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD!!!!

White Rose
Rating
simple...dedication to eating right and exercising...

Rating
you eat healthy food.

NONAME
Rating
smoke crack!

SLbread
Rating
first of all, you can't. BUT, you can look great in 10 weeks time! first of all, you need some type of motivation thats always on your mind. go buy a dress thats a certain number of sizes too small. you have to think about it all day. in the morning, you have to eat breakfast but eat fruit instead of cereal or a bagel. eat a banana or orange, oatmeal is good too. try to do some cardio exercise in the morning, even if its 10 minutes worth. don't snack until lunch, but drink a few glasses of water. at lunch, eat vegetables and fruit and a little meat. carrots, grapes, turkey sandwhich(wheat bread is best), and more water. don't snack until dinner. before dinner, work out for a good 30-60 minutes. that way while eating dinner, you won't feel tempted to eat more because you already did the hard work. do weight lifting exercises on Mon, Wed, Fri for example. do cardio everyday possible. do abdominal exercises on Tues, Thurs, Sat.
Also, tell people you are trying to lose weight, that way they can help you and cheer you along, and keep you on track. if you have any more questions or need support, let me know!
GOOD LUCK!

htinhausa
well, try the low carb diet.
trust me, it is the only diet that really works!
you can eat eggs, bacon, salads, chicken, tuna, vegetables, coffee, ham...
it is a really good diet and it works.
Also drink a lot of water, like 4 of those 0.9 FL OZ a day.
and exercise often...
I dont know if you will lose like 45 pounds in 11 weeks, but if you try it, who knows right!?!?
good luck honey!

Anastasia M
Rating
45 is really unatainable in 11 weeks. you would be hurting your body immensely 11 lbs really is the ideal. but if you worked hard it could be 22. 2 lbs a week try these strategies from ftness magazine

-25% of your diet should be protein!--chicken, beef, cottage cheese, almonds, eggs, and LIGHT yogurt!
-ban sugary coffees (starbucks :)) band white bread stick to whole grain or whole wheat....and cheese
-EAT BREAKFAST! AT LEAST 300 CALS trust me you will eat less druing the day!--kashi go lean cereal, egg sandwich, yogurt
-snack on HEALTHY foods during the day--air popped pop corn, veggies, apples
-EAT FIBER--it makes you stay fuller for longer...FIBER ONE BARS KICK ***!
-portion control. less is always more...u can indulge say with a cookie but only one please
-add cardiovascular and strength training to burn calories!
-stay free of bloat by drinking ALOT OF WATER, no sodium and refined carbs (white bread, pasta ect.)
-get enough sleep!

Megs
The Rice Diet. It is really supposed to be a lifestyle - but you lose crazy weight and most of it is water at first(which still shows in inches) but after about 2-3 weeks you start losing fat. If you stick to in permanently,or even for about 2 months or so,it will be hard to go back too eating unhealthily or eating a lot of salt.

Good luck, and do try to get healthy.

ropehater
Rating
lipo.

seriously, just eat less and run your *** off every day.

PhilistineTheArtLover
Rating
Don't relay so much on pills. They should be the least of it because they have the least to offer.
Work out by alternating different types of aerobic exercises and weight lifting.
Do the aerobics daily for 12-15 minutes, and the weight lifting divided by body section.
Remember to give each section a 2-days rest.
Spend your energy on these activites gradually. Get to know your body first before you get into it heavily
Get to work.

peacemunga
Rating
Wow what a great goal to aim for....its gonna take a lot of sweatin and exercisin, and youll have to change your eating habits......go hard ok? cut out the fats, the sugars and the white breads, eat fruits, berries, nuts, raisins, grapefruits, onions, tomatoes, pineapples, watermelons, skinless chicken, and tuna in olive oil or spring water, try vegetable juicing you may get diareah for a few days buit its just the body ridding itself of all the toxins and junk. Drink lots of water, and no sodas ok?

Mark S
Rating
You can't start running and eating right. You will loose half it it.

Mark Macey --Choosinlife
Rating
Well How about 1-2-3 is that easy? 10 weeks 70 days! Hmmm I lost 70 lbs in 60 days! But not using a diet. Actually yesterday was 1 year using my program and I have lost 175lbs! Feel amazing and full of life and all along the way I can't remember feeling so good. As well no loose skin. I lost 31 lbs in 30 days 70 lbs in 60 days and 94 lbs in 90 days. I also got to 113 days and lost 114 lbs and quit counting. I will say that making a commitment to changing your life is important. Your lucky your young and years and years haven't added up into disaster like me I was over 400 lbs at 50 yrs.
So make sure, if you want this change, it is for long term health and not a quick fix! excersise and a new understanding of nutrition is important. mind body and soul all go together so be ready to transform your future. yes I got results and they maybe different for everyone but I do know that this can work for everyone even if your young. My plan is about releasing impurities from your body and then adding an incredible nutritional plan to help balance your body. regular sensible meals and renewed energy.

Mark Macey
macey11@telus.net

Rebecca ♫♪
Rating
This means about five pounds a week.. which is a lot. I don't think that's very healthy at all.. don't go on any crash / fad diets. Drinking more water and eating more fruits and veggies is a must.

Johnny S.
That's to much to fast. Try losing 25 lbs in that time. The best way is to lose about 2 and a half per week. That is 10lbs per month. And that is totally doable.

Eat about 1500 calories per day and burn as many as possible. There are 3500 calories per pound. Cut the snacks and cola drinks. Cut milk as well. And excersize a couple of hours per day. Every little bit counts.

CT Sox Fan
Rating
go on bigest loser...or Made

cookie monster
ummm ... well I'm a vegan ( i don't eat anything that comes from an animal which means no meat , dairy ,or eggs)
drink green tea three cups a day,
drink TONS of water ( 6-10) cups a day)
stay away from anything fried
no junk food
no sweets
walk for about 30 mins
eat veggies and fruits
you should loose weight but I don't know if u will loose that much in that amount of time

Bozema
Rating
You can't. It's not realistic. You can maybe lose 20-25 if you work really hard at it. Try Weight Watchers and a good exercise program. 20 or 25 is better than nothing so shoot for that. But 45 is unrealistic in 10 weeks.

Munya Says: GFOD
it's doable, but you have to work and NOT cheat!
eat 6 small meals a day, consisting of 2 veggies or 2 fruits (or a fruit and veggie) and a protein...that's 6 times a day. A TON of water, NO SODA (okay, you can have 1 diet soda a day) NO fruit juice, only real fruit NOT in a cup, either....NOTHING "WHITE"---no white flour, no white rice, no white bread, nothing NOTHING white!
Try to walk 15-30 min a day around the block. You will probably lose more than 45 pounds.

Brooke L
Rating
REMEMBER, this is the extreme, it is not something easy at all, i am just showing you what you would have to do to lose an amount near what you are considering.

my mother is a personal trainer and this is the simple regime she gave me, which made me lose twenty pounds. go onto a glidex or bike at a local gym, work out hard for about 30-40minutes. you want to start doing pushups,situps, squats, and calf raises. muscle work outs will make you lose weight faster because muscle takes more energy.

follow this pattern every three days.
pushups: 3 sets of 8
situps: 3 sets of 10
squats (and remember to take time on these going up and down) : 3 sets of 10
calf raises: 3 sets of 10

between each set, take a twenty second break.

if you really want to lose 45 pound, you will have to work out five times a week with the regime i've given. you will have to watch your diet too. dont eat less, eat healthy. avoid desert, pop, chips, and anything high in saturated fat.

this is very possible, and you should try it by starting off working out three times a week (but watch your body! if you hurt, its normal, but dont push yourself too hard.), this way you will lose an amount, but not as much as you are thinking of. :)

i hope i help and i hope you enjoy your prom :)

Popper74
You really cannot expect to do this in a healthy way, and if you did manage it, the weight would not stay off. Try to work toward losing 2 lbs a week. You could still lose 20 lbs in that time. Twenty pounds would still make a big difference, you might be surprised. Just try watching what you eat (eating more healthy food and less portions) and adding a little bit more of physical activity to your day and it will work for you. Don't give up and good luck!

bubblyriecei
ya cant

Caroline S
I'm sorry but you can't.

Asima
Rating
I am really glad you decided on this way to go but its not easy. I encourage you to give it a try though. Here is the big plan. If you get a friend to join you it would be even better but its highly unlikely any friend would be serious about it like you would in your own heart.

Get up really early in the morning like an hour earlier everyday and go for a brisk walk. Make a new decision EVERYDAY about why you are doing this. Come home and have 1 boiled egg with 1 slice of toast in the morning. Half cup of tea with a twist of lemon no sugar or just a sprinkle.

3 hours later have a small, serving sized meal with protein like a slice of cheese with a slice of apple and half cup of yogurt. A serving size is not big like 1 slice of bread is a full serving. have a look at serving sizes herehttp://www.nhlbisupport.com/chd1/Tipsheets/sevenways.htm
and here is how much you need to eat everyday
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/food-guide-aliment/basics-base/quantit_e.html

Now you will have to set up a meal plan of the things you like to eat. Eat 2 different food categories preferably vegetables and protein that you enjoy every 3 hours in serving sized portions. If you are still hungry after your serving sized snack drink some water and tell yourself only 3 more hours to go before you have a planned veggie snack of some kind.

Keep your chin up you can do this. Leave the sugars behind and have lots of grain, vegetables, beans, fish in your new diet plan.

You would also need a daily dose of inspiration in your mail!

Hang in there! I know people have advised you that your goal is unrealistic but its not their goal, its yours and only you can try for it and usually its reaching for that goal that would give you some kind of personal accomplishment that you won't be able to deny. When you realize your accomplishment it would give you so much encouragement.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy