Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What is the healthiest selection of food for a junk-food eater to adjust to?
Since I'm usually busy, I have a knack for eating junk food because it's usually quick to buy and cheap but now I'm looking to drop the habit and start eating healthy meals. Any ideas ...

Is drinking 8 cups of water a day even possible?
ok so this is what kind of liquid-y foods i had today (i had these during my meals)
12 fl oz water
12 fl oz water
1 bowl soup
that comes out to be about 5 cups of water...
i ...

Can i lose 10 lbs???
im 5'6" and i used to be 97 lbs. Everyone told me i was underweight. So i tried to gain a little, but i ended up gaining 13 lbs. Now i am 5'7" and 110 lbs. Im still not fat, and ...

Am I fat???
I am 5"7" and am medium framed, and weight 155. A, my height as well as my built? Seriuos answers please. Thank you.
Additional Details
***I mean...am I too big for my height ...

Best exercise for weight loss?
I'd like to lose a bit of weight, and tone up. I know officially it takes time and that I need to eat healthily as well, etc, etc, but I'd like some tips for simple weight loss if people ...

Tips for losing weight?
I am currently a size 8 or 28 and would like to become a solid size 4. I'm a small 8 but still an 8, and want to be a smaller size. I want to loose weight in my legs in general and also on my ...

Does being skinny make you feel better?
I've always been around the average BMI for my height but I have to wonder seeing all the girls trying to be skinny, will that make me feel better? Should I try to lose weight?...

How do u loose weight fast!?
I am a little bit over weight and i need to loose weight fast! I weigh 120 pounds and i am a teen but my mom is like 40 and she weighs 30 more pounds than ...

12 and 197 lbs!but my parents say it doesnt really show..?
really need help. Im 12 and 198 lbs. I wear a size 3x in shirts and 18 in pants. my mom says im beautiful inside and out. but i know thats crap because im fat! Ive thought about being anorexic but it ...

I know everyone asks this... but am i overweight??
I'm 14 and i want to know how much weight i should lose and how i should do it. i eat pretty healthy and i dance 3 times a week. I'm 5'2" and i weigh about 120 pounds, is that ...

How do u get a six pack quickly?
14 years old and need to knoe wat is gud to eat and wat excersices to do to get a six pack...i am doing ab jam for chalene jhonsons turbo jam and i think it is working...do u knoe any better ways??...

What kind of gum can I chew to lose weight?
I love to snack on things. When I'm studying or working on a project I'm always constantly getting the munchies and eating.

I want to trick my body into thinking I'm eating ...

Is Diet Soda good to drink?
I drink a lot of Diet Mt. Dew. I seem to be gaining weight!

Is it good to drink?...

I need to lose as much belly fat as I can in 3 weeks or less. Without a pill?
I am going to the beach. I have a big gut. I wanna lose it so bad. I am the fattest one in my family. LITERALLY. I am big. How can I lose belly fat. I wanna look good in a bikini this year. I wanna ...

How do you lose 450lb please help?

Can you get fat if?
you eat too many fruits vegitables! sounds crazy but i heard you can get fat if you eat too much of anything?!...

What is more fat?
Ok, well is white rice just as much fat as white bread?
cuz like i stop eating both and know i eat wheat bread ;]]...

Is it safe for a 13 year old kid to work out?
Well im turning 13 years old soon and i started working out. I have heard that if you work out at this age you can slow down your growth spurt. Is that true?...

How many pieces of fruit do you eat a day in all honestly?
Ill start with my own honesty and admit that I only eat 2. A carton of fresh orange juice and an apple....

Is 600-900 calories a day healthy?
I'm 5'2", 185lbs.....about two months ago I cut my calorie intake to 600-900 a day, all healthy foods, protiens and vegtabls. I've never excersized in my life but love it now! ...

asdfjkl
How can i lose 20 pounds in like 10 days???
i am willing to do anything. i wnat to look godo for prom, and know starving yourself is wrong. so please help! i weight 175 and i'm 5'2, so i have extra baggage. so please help me!!! i will choose a best answer! please help1
Additional Details
wow. way to be rude leroy j. just wow, i am actually ging with my boyfriend who isn't a hippo. i have played soccer for about 9 years...competivley so a lot of the weight is muscle. i can lift about 400 pounds with my calfs alone. so before you be rude like that, how about you know the facts first. :D thanks.

and thanks everybody else!!!!!
i will choose best answer soon! :D

Hp M
Well run 5 miles every day.
Exercise 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening every day.Eat right, no junk food at all, drink lot of water.Well in 10 days if not 20 for sure you can loose 10-15 lbs.

lexiky
Rating
Try this...It's called the Sacred heart medical diet you can lose 10-17 lbs in 7 days. It was designed for heart patients before they had surgery. It cleans out your kidneys makes you pee alot and you can even lose7lbs in the first 3 days. Go online and check it out. Sorry I don't have a link. Good luck.

T
Rating
You can lose up to 17 Ibs on the Cabbage diet and do cardio......but its only temporary

misspink0107
Rating
my b/f used to have to stay in a weight group for wrestling and sometimes he would be like 10-15 lbs off if they haden't had a meet in a while...so in order for him to be allowed to wrestle he had to make the weight.....so this is what he did in one day, you drink nothing but water and eat fruit & raw veggies only..wear a solor suit you can buy them at any real workout/sport store and he ran miles or walked laps, he would lose every lb in that day just for wrestling...however this is very unhealthy, but it does work...the solar suit lets you body get sooo hot that you literally have to pull the sleeves off your wrist and dump ou the sweat...its insane I watched him do it alot for over a year, but it worked in one day...if you have like 10...try it moderately through out the 10 days...
good luck and after prom just work out on a normal basis & eat healthy small portions 3 times a day, drink lots of water and get plenty of physical work outs !!!

tropicaldiamondsweet
if uu find out plz let me noe but i herd about beyonce diet of cayene pepper drinks for sme movie check it out

chiquilla
http://www.falconblanco.com/health/cleansing/lemoncleanse.htm try it

ducky
Rating
That's impossible, unless you starve yourself.

You can cut calories and drink only water, and start exercising, but I don't think you will get the results you're looking for in that short amount of time.

dragon m
Buy some cocaine & dont eat all day/all night..

u lose 50 lbs..

sassy
Rating
The Atkins diet is a good SHORT TERM option, just try to eat very little carbs and you can eat as much meat and protein as you want, this really does work (jennifer Aniston did it 1st) but it isn't wise long term. Good luck.

Bob
Rating
nothing beats jogging or running every morning to lose those unwanted fat...

♪LoveInHerEyes &FlowersInHerHair
the only way to lose 20 pounds in 10 days is to fast. that's truly the only way girl. i don't recommend it but if you must, even if you try it's pretty tough! run about 3 miles a day, for motivation just think of the results.
you wont lose 20 but you'll look better! drink greentea as well to boost your metabolism and rid the antioxidants from your body.

Zoe Dot
no, not without weight loss surgery, hon. you need more time than that - more like 2 months. i would suggest you dress nicely and you'll be fine.

dieminz101
ok.....its basically impossible unless you get lipo

if you go into "my answers" that i did, theres a question simliar to yours and i answered it..its a soup diet if you're willing to be active...you can look at it if you want

but it wont help you like youll want it to

youll only loose like 14 or 15 pounds

check it out

Constance B
Rating
It is not possible to lose 20 pounds in 10 days, without having some type of serious issue... I am a mother who has two teens and a daughter who will be getting married soon (adult). Buy a pretty dress, get your hair and nails done...and in five years time, none of this will matter anyway.

My husband is in the military and he does run 5 miles a day...and running like that makes you go down in inches, but makes you gain weight from muscle mass. His waist went from 38 to 34 and his BMI went down 5% his weight went from 192 to 198.

Lucy
Rating
dats what i'm trying to do myself

mikey
It would be tremendously unhealthy to try to lose that much weight that quickly. Dr.s recommend 2-3 lbs/wk at most to remain healthy.
Even so, you need to make some significant lifestyle changes if you don't want health problems down the road.
First, examine your diet. Is it low fiber and high sugar? And high sugar doesn't mean only soft drinks/sweets. It also means high glycemic foods like white potatoes, white bread, white rice, corn and watermelon.
Also, exercise. If you don't, start. Begin with ten minutes of walking every day @ least 5 days/wk.
Good luck!

Serious Sally
Rating
heroin will slim you down in no time

joann.brothers
I don't think it's possible!

kimberleeey
Rating
You shouldn't starve yourself.
It's not healthy to lose that amount of wait in such a short space of time.

M
theres a diet that you can do. it goes like this:
you basically eat a color of fruit and veg each day. example:
on monday do green, like apple, cucumber, lettuce so on
on tuesday you eat red like tomato, strawberries so on
on wednesday yellow, like corn.
its extremely healthy, you wont be starving yourself,
and its also a detox. good luck girl! sure youl look gorgeous if you loose the weight or not.

Ben H
Rating
Sorry but even if you stopped eating for 10 straight days and did moderate exersize without dying (this is impossible) you still would have trouble reaching your goal.

You could probably lose 5 pounds in 10 days if you're smart about it.

carolyn
20 lbs in 10 days is near impossible. You could drop maybe 10 lbs if you are VERY strict with your diet an exercise. Also I know some spas in the area here have a wrap that is suppose to temp reduce your size by a few dress sizes. I have personally never tried it but maybe it's worth a shot.

whereami
Can't, impossible. The MOST would be about 10 lbs. IF you don't eat, or eat little and exercise like a mad person...both not good for you and you will gain it back as soon as you eat normally again.

♥§ᶤᵑᶠᶸᶩ♥
Rating
You want to lose 2lb DAY? Immpossible and extremely dangerous!

Heres the link for what lexiky suggested

http://www.idiet4u.com/diets/sacredheart.html

Stunner
lol u had to wait till the last 10 days. Forget it. Its impossible.

lentsukimori
No matter what kind of method, losing weight can be very anti-productive in just 10 days. Its very important that your body gets the nutrients it needs, and that means calories. You need to know what your daily calorie intake is to maintain your current weight, and decrease the amount you intake by 500. If you decrease the amount 500 calories a day, you will lose a pound in one week. Its important to combine this with exercise. Do not trust 'miracle diets' or the fast way out, it is not good for you. You must understand that weight loss is a long and sometimes strenuous process that must be taken seriously over life, there is no healthy way for quick weight loss.

I'll give you a rough guideline but I can't answer this question with 100% accuracy because I don't know your metabolic rate (how many calories you burn during a normal day), the type of food you eat, how often you eat, how much sleep you get, etc.)

So let's look at some examples. If 1,700 calories a day keeps your weight the same and you reduce your caloric intake, you'll lose roughly 1 pound per week.

There are 3,500 calories in a pound of fat. 7 days per week x 500 calories per day equals 3,500 calories per week. So, if you added the running that burned 500 calories per day, this would be another pound lost per week.

Now, keep a couple of things in mind. 1,200 calories per day may be too low, which will cause your metabolism to slow down. This is how people who go on a diet end up gaining all the weight back.

In addition, if you are not doing any weight training, about half of that weight lost will be muscle, which will also slow down your metabolism, again causing weight rebound and putting you in a worse situation than before you lost the weight.

This is why I said roughly one pound per week up above. A pound of muscle is only 600 calories and since you'll be losing muscle and fat, you may lose more than a pound by burning 3,500 calories in a week.

In addition, your body shape won't change. You'll just be a smaller version of you, or what I call skinny fat.

You should add some weight training to your running plan, 2 to 3 times per week.

I would also reduce the amount of running you are doing, both in number of days you run, and how far you run each day. Consider only running that distance 2 or 3 days per week.

Consider performing high intensity interval training instead of the running on 2 other days per week.

In addition, keep track of your calories. You only want to lose 1 - 2 pounds per week (you may lose more in the beginning. And keep in mind that how you look is more important than the scale. If you lose 10 pounds of fat and add 10 pounds of muscle, you'll way the same as you do now but you'll look a thousand times better.

You'll also be smaller as a pound of muscle does not take up as much space as a pound of fat.

I hope this helps.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy