Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is it easy to lose 5lbs in 2 weeks?
I'm dieting, but I'm trying to take it slow and step by step. My goal is to lose 5lbs every two weeks, but I want to just concentrate on those 5lbs every time and not concentrate on the ...

Am i fat at all?
i am going in 6th grade and i am 115 pounds. i run great my diet is great what's making me so fat? IS this a bad thing that when i am bored i eat? plz i need tips and ideas to loose weight ...

I am looking for a good diet pill!?!? Help?
I exercise ocasionally but i dont eat that good, i dont eat often but when i do it probably isnt the best food for me to be eating. I have love handles starting to make there way and a bit of a belly ...

My husband calls me fat all the time. i don't know what to do. Any ideas?
I've tried to lose weight but nothing works. i've had 4 kids and i way 230. Ive never weighted that....

I am ALWAYS HUNGRY!!?
I have no idea what to do... I feel like i am always hungry... I am just a teenage girl, not really active and no mater what, I always feel extremely empty or feel like i am going to explode because I...

Does wieght have anything to do with height?
ok so im a 14 year old girl thats 5'9" and when i get on the scale it sometimes reads : 140 lb, then 143lb, then 140lb, then 145 lb ....so u get my point ..up down. i once got up to 150 lb, ...

Any advise on growing taller?
I would like to grow taller. im 5'1 and 14. Every one in my grade is taller than me. I eat alot of protein, vegies, and drink about 2 quarts of milk a day. i exersize and stretch too.
Is ...

I need fast weight loss tips :)?
hey i'm a 16 year old girl
i'm 175 cm tall and i weigh about 57 kilos
how could i get down to 50 kilos in 2 months
i have already decided to stop snacking, cut out biscuits ...

Good leg exercises?

I can't breathe when I jog??! Please help.?
I've always had trouble getting enough air (I'm 13 now.) even when I was on a regular routine of walking my dog an hour every day (fast walking.)
It's so embarrassing-every little ...

Whats the result of starving myself?
my friend lost weight cuz she starved herself

if that work for her shud i do it too?

i know its stupid but....
ugh idkkk
im deperate and i need to lose weight.......

EASY 10 points BEST ANSWER !?
Now im 5"10, 80 kilos
I usto be 70 4 months ago before i started to go to the Gym !
3/4 days a week i do:
Cardio 20 min
Workout 1 hour ->
Arms(60 pounds)
Back(80&...

Everbody agree that drinking water is good for health - which one is best - hot ? cold ? normal ?
Happy new Year Wishes for all, just out of curiosity, I had in my mind to find out an answer for this question - Is drinking Hot water ? Cold Water ? Normal Water - good for ...

Girls which do you prefer?
slim toned bod or muscles im slim but started in ...

I want somethign sweet but don't want to ruin my diet?
Has anyone got any good recipes for a really nice dessert, but one which won't add on too many calories? And how do other people deal with their sweet tooth when they're trying to lose ...

I'm 15 years old and I need to lose 50 pounds. Any tips?
I am 5'7 and weigh 205 lbs.
I'm out of control with yo-yo dieting, and I need help.
Any tips are more than appreciated....

I'm Constipated.?
DAMN YOU KFC !! Every bloody time =/

oh welll..... any advice?
should i have fruit?
water?
bicarbonated soda?

What is the healthiest meal option at KFC?
excluding ...

Best way to reduce stress?
I haven't been sleeping, I've been over eating and then not eating enough, I've been gaining and losing weight, and I'm tired all the time....

What is the best way to slim down?

kay
How can I lose 30lbs. by June?
I'm a freshman in high school and it's tough being overweight. I'm tired of getting made fun of, and I want to have a flat stomach...advice anyone?

elle
Order some Phentermine online I took it in High school and losta lot of weight. Don't take it for too long it will make you feel weird

C J
Coke...

make it diet coke or coffee. the caffiene will provide you energy so you can skip breakfast and lunch. Work out at least 30 minutes a day. Everyone will be happy when you are thinner whatever it takes.

San Diego
Rating
That is easy! Just eat only 500 calories for each meal. dont eat between meals. You can eat a lot if you do it right. for breakfast have cereal with skim milk, and a piece of fruit. lunch have a lean cuisine and more fruit. for dinner have another lean cuisine and a cookie. (you need a little treat!) you will lose 3 pounds per week. You will also get used to eating smaller portions so you will keep the wieght off. Never eat at fast food or Mexican food. they are way to fattening. good luck!

chocolate_kisses
Do 50 situps each day, drink a lot of water instead of junkfood. If you have a sweet tooth don't eat chocolate or icecream, eat lollies instead (they don't have fat) But don't eat so many that you are gonna put on weight. Eat in moderation. Half everything you eat. If you usually eat 2 pieces of toast eat one. Sleep for one less hour each day.

Anathema
Eat quality, move more. You can eat a lot of food without going hungry, if it's quality. Nobody ever got a weight problem eating salads and carrot sticks! Don't forget your protein. Exercise is king and diet is queen! Eat smaller portions. Eat slowly to savor your food. Use small plates only. Eat with small utensils so you are forced to eat slowly and savor your food. (Instead of shoveling it in mindlessly). Don't do activities WHILE eating. Like watching tv and so on. Enjoy the food so you don't feel like you missed out OR you just again, mindlessly shovel it in while preoccupied with something else. And monotony is a good gauge of hunger. We have so much variety in the US, we eat for entertainment and excitement. Eating the same thing everyday (albeit quality food) will cut down on the excitement and addiction factor so you stop when you really are full. 1 billion thin Chinese people eating rice and veggies everyday should attest for something to that theory!

adannelly2000
Rating
Roxy has the right idea, though over simplified. Drop milk, cheese, eggs, beef, chicken (and all the terrible thing's 'we' typically add to them), and you will be well on your way to a lean and healthy you. Pasta and tomato sauce, frozen mixed veggies from bird's eye with earth balance buttery spread in a covered pan until heated through...yum! a double boca VEGAN burger - grill or pan fry (dry or a little olive oil) 2 boca vegan burgers and 2 portabello mushroom caps. Coat a toasted bun with bbq sauce, put on a vegan burger, then a mushroom cap, another burger, another mushroom cap and you have a really delicious meal. Have a baked potato with sea salt, pepper,and earth balance buttery spread. learn to stir fry...my local publix has lots of different quick and easy stir fry sauces...dry mixes in envelopes and ready to use sauces in jars. Drink lots of water. Don't eat more calories than you burn. Eat often, in smaller quantities. No dairy at all. You don't need it, and you don't need all of the "stuff" in it. fungus, virus and infections in your body love dairy in your bloodstream. That's why after surgery they severely restrict dairy in your diet. It just makes sense. and lastly...don't beat yourself up if you don't lose 30 pounds. do it for you, not for anyone else. be accountable only to yourself and to God. the rest will follow.

Aces
Moderation is key! Start counting your calories, fat grams and exercise a bit, you will see results gradually... which is better! Just make sure you get your daily caloric and fat intake. Go on line to a caloric calculator, put your build and height in- then start your regiment....for ex. I'm 5'2 petite-med body type, I need to consume between 1000-1500 calories/ and 33-50 grams of fat per day. If I want to lose (but keep my curves) I stick with about 1200/40, anything lower I lose my body, anything more is maintenance. Once you get started, it will be a piece a cake-LOL

MB
You have a lot of time. Don't go on any "no carb" diet. You will lose the weight and regain it in no time (been there done that). I like the programme that weight watchers has. You eat six small meals per day with 6 glasses of water and exercise!!! and being a freshman, I am sure they have a gym at school where you can work out with a friend for even an hour daily. All the best.

♥
umm run the track 16 times a day.....

Charlie04
Rating
First you have to change your mindset. Watch what you eat.

Secondly you need to exercise more than an average person. Because you have a low metabolism rate.

Drink more than 8 cups of water a day.

Take at leasty 1000mg of vitamin C a day.

Never take cheese, mayonaise, full cream milk and cream.

Cut down to only 1 teasppon of sugar a day in any beverage.

Dont drink beer or alcohol.

Last of all, you need to fight yourself. Tell yourself to not eat the things that you really crave.

Swim, run, jog, tennis, badminton, squash is what I recommend so that you dont get bored doing the same types of exercise everyday.

Work out with a friend who has the same goals and ambitions.

It motivates you more than you know.

I've lost 8 kilos in 6 months doing what I've just told you.

Yet, I'm still single and miserable...because I never spend enough time with others rather than spending most of my time exercising....

Well life's like that. Win some, loose some.

All the best to you and make sure you put this as the best answer...

LO!
join curves and work out every other day - you have to rest your muscles in between. on your off days go out walking. you have to walk hard- get sweaty. drink lots of water- that's how you eliminate the toxins in your body that come from losing weight. research on dr. mercola's website about which supplements are right for you at your age. cut out all sugar and all processed foods. read labels there is a lot of hidden sugar in pre prepared foods. make sure you get enough protein and lots of vege's. and keep at it- don't give up. even if the scale doesn't budge one week keep at it.

D-a
Rating
http://choosediet.blogspot.com/

hum
Rating
Eat ridiculously small portions, fast part of it, and eat more raw vegetables and less of everything else.

Jason C
Go running and go do some other excercise, trust me there is no easy way, cut the junk food and eat foods with high fiber, cut back on meat. but there is no gaurentee of loosing weight, if your doing excersing and eating helthy already then your at your sep point and you need to accept your self as you are because it near impossible then. but if you are eating bad and not being active go out and excerise, and eat healthy.

ibrar
Rating
drink water and joiin some kind of sport in your high school like track and field

flying p
Rating
congratulations on taking the initiative!

here are some tips:
cut out the junk food from your diet and adopt healthier habits.
munch on carrot and celery sticks instead of chips.
opt for baked potato chips if you really crave chips.
choose fruit instead of cookies and other sugary snacks.
try to eat 6 small meals instead of 3 large meals. this will keep you satisfied throughout the day and prevent sudden cravings for a sugar binge.

tell your family of your new healthy lifestyle so that they can be considerate of your needs when shopping for groceries and preparing meals.

try to find a friend who is also willing to adopt a healthier lifestyle so that you will have a accountability partner.
for your physical health...
instead of getting a ride home, walk.
get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day and vigorous activity 3 times a week.

i wish you all the best, and remember that losing weight little by little is the healthiest way to go.

gotmilk4720
Rating
don't think about dieting all the time because it'll make you want to eat more. when you get hungry, that's when you think about it. just use common sense basically. walk or do some sort of exercise at least 30 minutes a day. drink a lot of water and eat a lot of vegetables and fruits (mostly veggies). if you do have meat, make sure it's lean and a portion not bigger then your fist. there's a lot of other little tips and tricks if you want, you can email me.

notmyrealname
Rating
try the atkins diet. eat all the meat and fat that you want. you will lose a lot of weight and be a lot healthier. your bad cholesterol (ldl) will go down and your good cholesterol (hdl) will go up.

EUGENE
Rating
Yea go on the no carb diet

Roxy
go vegan. =)

xrockon07x
There are alot of good answers up above me! When i was a Junior in high school i lost about 15 pounds in 6 weeks, so u will easily be able to do it. Dont worry too much about the food aspect, as long as you stop eating the junk food, pop, Big portions and fast food, you should be good. Eat 3-4 times a day, with smaller potions. Also Your going to have to do exercise, start off slow, and then you will be able to go up to about an hour of total cardio a day. If your not already a member talk to your parents about joining a gym, that way you have access to all their machines and equipment, as well as the fitness professionals that will help you achieve your goal. If you stick to this you will defiantly be able to reach your goal.

Ok so
-Cut out bad foods
-eat smaller meals more often
-no need to go on a whacky diet
-exercise daily, with 1-2 days off a week
-do mostly cardio, with some strength training
-You can do it!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy