Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Why is anorexic/skinny considered attractive?
Why?! Why don't people love Kelly Brook's body more than those sticky girls. Haven't they seen her beautiful curves?! And she eats right too!

Why is size zero considered ...

Which is the best time of day for working out?
or does it matter? Also is it better to work out at the same time every day or does it not matter? I want to do what works ...

Do you find losing weight difficult?

What will happen if i don't eat anything for a long time?
i just started to not eating anything today but im going to do this for another month to see if i loose weight what will ...

I feel like I'm hungry, but I know I'm not?
I ate dinner about 2 hours ago. I have this pang in my stomach that feels like I'm hungry, but I know I'm not. I eat pretty well, I just get these cravings for food before I go to bed. What&...

I heard eating food at night IS NOT FATTENING??
Is this person right, or just high?? ...

I am 13 years old i am 5' 7 in. i weigh 95 lbs. is that okay?
People say that i am and look anerexic.
I am a major athlete, i play 5 sports all year round
I do eat, lately i havent been eating as much but, i usually eat A LOT.
I am tall for my ...

CHOCOLATE ADDiCT!! HELP!!?
i am addicted to chocolate and its so bad.. when i go without for like a week i start craaaavin it disgustingly and i get really hungry and nothing can satisfy the craving except chocolate... and i ...

How to lose 20 pounds quick!!???
okay...school is starting in a week for me and I want to lose weight quick because... I am not fat I just have a little belly that I need to get rid of quick!!! please help me!!!...

What is a good way to lose weight at home maybe besides excersing???
Please tell me something i can do to lose weight at home besides excersing please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Do i sound over weight?
be honest!!!!

im 15 almost 16 and im
guys would you that
"5'4" and i weigh 134...

Am i overweight?

Best answer is 10points...please help?
i have a huge butt and i just want it to shrink
is there anything i can do to lose wieght off of it and pleasee dont answer if your gonna say "there isnt anything u can do to lose wieght ...

Is there a fun way of burning calories?

What is the best way to lose 20 pounds in about 2 months?
i would like to lose weight before school starts agian. and i would like for people to see a change in me. i have lost 35 before i weighed 175 and now im 140 and i would like to finish what i have ...

Is swimming laps a good way to loose weight?
30 mins. a day, or just about every day.
and not just swimming around. swimming laps, freestyle, breaststroke....

Can you really bounce if you are fat enough?

Need to lose inches but no motivation.?
I need to lose around 3 inches around my waist but I can't stick to a healthy diet without going broke and I don't have a lot of motivation to get up and exercise. Anyone have any tips on ...

How many pounds in 1 stone?

How much water should you drink to keep you healthy?

Adriana
How can I get taller?
I'm not looking for dumb answers or "no you can't." I'm dead serious, and I need help. I'm 13, and I'm really short. If you can give me a way to get taller, I will give you all of my points (97). I don't know how to do this, so also explain this please. Thank for the help!

devin54325
Rating
eat mushrooms, i swear it works, i'm taller than both parents and i'm only 12! taller than my teacher and obviously the tallest kid in my class, both sides of my family are short, and i'm the tallest except my 27 year old cousin

randocommando
wear taller shoes. your still going through puberty and should grow more.

thermos14
Honestly, eat your vegetables and drink lots of milk. Its good for bones. It worked for me.

gameolympus
Rating
This is a tough process, there are two ways to do it. You can have yourself physically stretched. Here they will breake your legs and place pins in them to make the bones grow back together longer than they were and they will stretch the leg. This is very painful and not very common. The more common but slightly more dangerous way is to go to the doctor and ask about human growth hormone. This will naturally grow your body but the thing is that it can act like steroids and cause harm to parts of your body

sully
Rating
there is a surgical procedure where they insert extentions into your bones to make you taller. this only adds a couple inches tho

Mr Lee
Rating
Go to the doctor, he can give you growth hormones.

By growth hormones i mean tablets which has hormones in them ;)

Why did i get thumbs down? I know several people that have and it works.

*Fourth edit* you will only be given them if your actually small.

Tasha B
First of all, how short is really short?? Second of all, no doctor is going to do any kind of leg extensions for an average short person. Usually that is only for dwarfs who have bowed legs or things of that nature. Be happy with what God gave you. It doesn't matter how short or tall you are, most people are always unhappy...so learn to be happy with what you are already. There is nothing you can do to make yourself taller!!!!!

Kitty
Just be happy with who you are. I saw a show once where doctors could give kids shots of growth hormones, but as always, they have risks, and who would like to get shots often?

I'm short too (I'm 14 and 5'1") and sometimes I wish I was taller, but it's best to just trust that your body knows what's best. If your feet can reach the ground, you are tall enough! ;-)

Best of luck!

Young
Why do you feel the need to get taller? If people would accept the way God made them they would live a happier life.It's not like you're deformed or anything serious.

Vicky
Rating
At 13 you're not done growing/getting taller. My cousin, who's 16 now, hit her growth splurt right after her 14th birthday. The best thing you can do is wait.

Milk is the best thing to have to increase bone/muscle stucture, which will help you get taller.

Overall, a eat a balenced diet (dairy, meat, grain, fruits, veggies)

dogsrock71
stop eating or drinking any thing with caffeine that stuns your growth,eat healthy,and take ur vitamins or maybe ur not so post to grow any more

there is a certain hormone (NOT illegal Steroids) something that your Doctor can give you they r shots my cousin takes them ill try to get back to u on this if i find out the name of the hormone

Mr. ??????
Rating
well, technically you cant
but since your starting your teens
you will grow, just wait and see
also, drink some milk. it may take a while for your body to mature, sometimes people get puberty late
if you are dead serious, just get surgery in your bones, painful but you can grow five inches in 1 month

Carlos aka Atlantis
hahaha your funny

3 simple ways to get taller but it takes time so just be patient
1.stretch every morning for 30 minutes
2.the classic drink 2 glasses of milk every day
3.stay healthy by consuming/eating 3 types of fruits or vegetables once a day during your meal, lunch and dinner

lucky ♣
Rating
Drink vitamin pills.. Ask your mom or dad to get them

Becki
Rating
Firstly your 13 and it is extremely likely you will grow and have a growth spurt, Ive had male friends who havent had theres until they were 17, it will come in time.

Being small is a good thing, again I know many lads who are small and most of them are actually pretty good looking so I wouldnt worry. Iam also very tiny and Ive had no problems and have been able to do what everyone else has done if not more.

It is harder when your younger but your grow to love it plus I can promise you that you will grow.

Enjoy yourself, as you have a lot of changes over the next few years.

pretty skater. taylahx
well what i have heard is that if you lay down and go to sleep over night you get taller because of gravity then when you wake you shrink throughout the day because of gravity lol
so lay down more lol
but everyday you do grow taller not by so much that u can notice but enough to gradually make you taller and taller as you grow older
you may be short because of genetics and thats something you are going to have to live with
i am 12 years old and am in year 7, many many people i know are short... dont worry you are not the only one
my sister is 19 and im only 12 and im not that much shorter than her, she is short for her age and probly wont grow that much more she is probly around 215cm cuz im only 150cm so yeah but dont worry too much you will grow and get to ur wanted height just be patient your only 13 and still young...

Twilight:-)
umm u could were shoes that hve more hieght to them but theres no way to change how fast u grow or how slow u grow...srry....

adriana
Rating
haha my younger sister has this problem also. She's fifteen and she's working really hard on trying to grow taller. The best things that work are drinking three cups of milk each day. Maybe take some multivitamins for teens. Im not sure if this works, but I've heard of it before. You can hang on to a monkey bar or something like that and kinda "stretch" your arms out to make you longer.

carlyjj941
go to a doctor see what they say... i've heard of leg streching with braces.

Nikki*67
Don't do anyone of thouse. i listened on the radio they said if u always have a straghit back and if u don't slump.! ^_^ hope it works

Ù?لسطين
You can't give all your points to someone.
And there is NO CURE for SHORTNESS.

cory s
Rating
wait till you hit puberty when i did i grew so just wait youll get taller

Sofie
Rating
You're a girl, right? Well you're only 13. Girls usually are finished growing by the time they're around 15 ish. So you still have time for a growth spurt. And stay away from coffee haha

Ninja Glare!!
i hate to say this since you dont want to hear it but your genetics say your short your short although i have heard of a surgery where they put extensions or something like that into your legs i know it sounds stupid but some lady got it cause she wanted to be a stewardess on planes and she was to short.

The White Devil
Rating
Swim...I swear it stretches your body...

Jemma-Louise
Sorry, but "No, you can't" is the right answer. Your height is programmed into your genes before you're born.

You're only 13, so you'll probably get taller anyways, I was taller than most of the boys at school when I was thirteen - we're all sixteen now and they're all about a foot taller than me.

Don't worry about your height, i'm sure you'll be fine.

Look at how tall your parents are, that will give you an idea of how tall you will be.

Also: Don't smoke! Smoking stunts your growth. I'm taller than my 22 year old friend, and she's the same height as she was when she was 14 because she started smoking!

yasir
Rating
drink lots of milk..get calcium in your diet...be physically active..take part in sports..or just go to a doctor..they can prescribe medicine..you will get taller by the age of 14-15...don't worry

Nikki~D
I am 23 and super short...stay this way, guys love it...

Actually, you are only 13, you will probably have more growth spurts, I had a growing disorder, so that's why I am short...if you are honestly concerned consult a physician.

screwstone
Rating
stretch ur legs

Ni
Learn how to stretch properly and practice good posture.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.174
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy