Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How can i lose twenty pounds in two days?

Why are teens skinny despite eating tons of fast food and other junk?
Why are teens skinny despite eating tons of fast food and other junk?...

Why am i always hungry after dinner?
i eat til i am like full then ten mins later im like hungry again, i am 13 years old.
Additional Details
i dont eat alot of junk ...

I am 5'10 135 lbs 34-28-39 measurements - good or bad?

If a cookie contains 110 calories and you cut it in half do you consume HALF the calories??
or is it just bogus.? like no matter how big the piece is its still going to contain that many calories.?...

If i eat about 600-800 calories a day..?
is it dangerous?.. i'm not fat! i just want to get toned and lose the stubborn little fat i have here and there before the summer, especially my little love handles.. besides my love handles i ...

I weigh 340 pounds. I have been trying to lose weight for a while. Can someone give me tips on doing so?

What are some natural laxatives?
School project/disguisting i know....

How do you get fat?
hi i was just wondering exactly how you get fat. is it all about calories or other factors too? can i get some specific informations about how you get fat? and what does fat calorie do? and will diet ...

Are you fat if youre 5'4 16 and 125 ibs?

Plz i dont know if im fat or not?
im 13 5'1" and 129lbs
AM I FAT???
AND IF I AM WHAT WEIGHT SHOULD I BE AT?
aND HOW CAN I GET THERE?...

Im trying to gain weight, any advice??

Am I killing myself? Not enough calories, too much diet soda?
Hello. I have an eating disorder. I've been like this for years, I am seeking help. Lately I've been going down hill fast. I am eating 600 calories a day or less, and I drink TONS of diet ...

Do you brush your teeth BEFORE or AFTER you breakfast?

Whats a way to lose 50lb in 5 months?
whats a way that i can lose 50lb in 5 months
its really really important that i do so.
soo what are some ways that would help like what are some things you do to keep the weight off??

Is 96 lbs fat for a 12 year old????

Additional Details
im 5'1 yeaah i no, im shooooort!...

Should the state lower the drinking age?

Is it possible to eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes?????
My friends have this contest going to see who can eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes. Does anyone know if a person could do this without having any medical problems??? I'm thinking about asking my ...

If your bathroom scale could talk, what would it say?

Am i over weight?
i am 28 inches around my waist

i weigh 140 pounds

i am 5 foot 10

how can i loose half a stone
Additional Details

thehereyes
Have you ever done weight watchers? How did it work for you?
I just joined weight watchers today in hopes of losing at least like 55 pounds. Any tips on dieting? Excericising that worked really well for you? Also with the weight watchers diet I am using the points plan not the core plan, but I will still listen to what you have to say if you did the core plan.

dato
Rating
i do my own plan, all you need is will power and dedication and you could do it, dont join some peice of shait like weight watchers.

ValleyViolet
Rating
Weight watchers is a nutritionally sound good program. If one plan does not work for you switch to the other.

Janice 10
Rating
Weight Watchers diet menu is great, you get to eat normal food, they even have weight watchers online which is very convient. Good luck!!!

sOuL dOcToR
Rating
Homeopathic Treatment for Excessive Fat and Weight :-
PHYTOLACCA BERRY's Mother Tincture is perhaps the safest and sure fire way of loosing excessive fat around abdomen. With Phytolacca Berry once you loose the excessive fat and weight you don't get it back because you body takes care of itself after that and keeps you from gathering up excessive fat. It is prescribed after having a baby too, to get the tummy to loose its flab and to make it flatter and tighter. And after loosing weight with this you don't get flabby it tightens up the flab and skin along with helping your body to shed the excessive accumulation of fat around the girth
The dosage is 15 to 20 drops of the tincture in half a cup of hot water thrice a day half hour before or after meals.
Avoid Chocolates, Coffee, Mints, Red Meat and Carbonated and Alcoholic drinks while taking Homeopathic Medicines. You have to take it for at least 30 to 45 days after that you start to feel the results.
To the best of my knowledge its the safest and the most sure fire way of loosing fat and weight and keeping it of for keeps. Excellent remedy for Obese people who cant seem to shed weight despite trying.
Homeopathic Remedies can be found at all Major Herbal Stores or could be bought on line, In most of the world Homeopathic remedies are quite cheap and easy to find and they do not need a prescription.
Take care and God Bless !

Love2Sew
Rating
On WW, I was hungry for the first three days, then i actually had trouble eating all my points!

Stir fry veggies would fill me up everytime--I would tell myself I could have something in an hour IF I wanted it. But I rarely did.

Slow and steady, it works!

The WW group leaders get a bit perky, that was my only complaint...i don't do perky.

Good luck becoming a loser!

kimmie
i have i lost 20 lbs.

erock247
Rating
My sister lost , no joke, 120 pounds following w.w and a mild gym routine if you stick to it you will get results, but it can be tough to stick to counting the points. the best way to start is by not having any calories in any thing you drink. you'd be surprised how they add up

tigerzntalons
Never tried it. Good luck.

n_need_of_help
i have recently lost 45 pounds. the most important thing is to never give up. if you fall off the wagon on one day don't worry about it and jump back on. Losing weight is frustrating and hard but worth it if you can stick to it. i lost it by exercising and not eating over 1200 calories a day. i drank lots of water, tried not to eat after 6:00 at night, and quit eating out. You won't believe how much of a different person emotionally you will become. good and bad. just remember to stay healthy and keep at it.

brokenheart235
no i have not done weight watchers ........u can try it but.....i am on a very VERY good diet and i have lost like 8 pounds in like 6 days eat 2 boiled eggs for breakfast salad for lunch with fat free dressing and some meat for protein have 15 nuts for a snack almonds would be best.......and have some cheese do no eat any bread sugar or n e thing have sugar free popcicles........make good choices and try to excercise move around work

CaliCutie
I havent done it personally but i have a coworker on the plan now.........she goes in and gets weighed weekly and the eating isnt all that bad either........its basically whatever you want in moderation of course and theres a point system to keep it all in check for you.......

Its really simple looks like from what i've seen happening with her.........Granted its not an overnight thing but thes things in life are worked for to be achieved and not just handed over..........

I think I might join too..............Good Luck!!!

Weasel
I did the points plan a few years ago. At first it was great - i lost 11 pounds in the first two weeks, but then i got obsessed with food. I kept wondering if what i was making for dinner for my family had more points in it than i had left - all i did was think about food - points wise - it became too consuming for me. I know a ton of people it has worked for - i suggest trying their message boards - the girls and guys there are tremendously helpful. Been there done that kind of thing and can help you out and give you very good advice.

Good luck to you!! :)

goody2shoes_810
Rating
Hi, a good friend of mine has joined weight watchers, it has worked extremely well for her. She has lost over 10kg in just over 3 months. She has stuck to eating her points and has excercised for about 30-45 minutes every afternoon. Good luck!

Page1344
Yes, I tried it, but it didn't work for me. I gave up on it. But, I did find something that works (at least for me).

You need to educate yourself on health and nutrition.
If you'd like to learn about some healthy ways to lose weight, and keep it off. Check out this website.
http://s2.forumforfree.com/index.php?mfo...
It's basically made up of people who are on the NutriSystem plan, some using the NutriSystem product and some doing it without, but you will learn a ton of stuff about weight loss and health just reading the boards.
Oh, and the people are very very friendly.
Good luck.

shelleigh
i have only done the south beach diet i going jogging or walking for at least 2-5 miles a week and crunches and push up and swimming for exercises good luck to you

Rock_N_Roll_Chicky
It worked for me. It taughed me how to eat a balanced diet and to give up on crash diets. I liked the ww at home.

Aijaz
Rating
I started eating Oats in night & stopped eating Rice

--------
Rating
it is sensible and super!!! walking is a great exercise and pool. good luck!!!

where is this doggy
Rating
weight watchers didnt work 4 me but every1 is differ i think u should try it out

chris l
Rating
my mother has and she has said it works great. you have to tally all of your points from food.

jane f
i have done weight watchers and it worked great. But if you don't stick with it for the rest of your life the weight comes right back. Thats what happened to me. I couldnt eat like that forever. Good luck honey!

csdrevenice
I've done weigh watchers in the past, anything you can stick to will work. I have started Pilate's, private sessions. It is the best!!!!!! It can be a bit pricey, but with weight watchers you will be looking fantastic in no time!!!

Lotus-flower
it works...combine the two plans do core one week and flex the next one and also workout...

kndyss
go 4 it girl.....ww works, but dont get discouraged while you do it cause it takes time.....oh and make sure you exercise. my mom lost 20lbs in a month and a half doing this. dont listen to all those other people saying it doesnt work....they dont know anything lol! but n e ways i am doing it 2(just started yesterday) so im with you! good luck! :)

aufans71
Rating
Weight Watchers did not work for me but my sister lost from a size 18 to a size 9 in about 10 months. (she has a lot more self control than I do) I hope it works for you. Good luck.

prasad g
Rating
it did very well for me. but you have ot go to meetings, excercise and stick to it for the long term to keep it off.

sunshine05rose
I just joined 6 weeks ago and have lost 10.4 lbs. and I really have found that it is a very easy program to follow. You go weekly to meetings to weigh in and then have a sit in where you can get encouragement, information and tips on things that have worked for others along with receipe ideas. You do not have to eat the pre-packaged foods although they have them. You are able to eat whatever you want but what you start doing is looking at the point values for that item and then have to decide if you really want to spend your points in that way or not. I have found that I can still eat most of the things I ate before but fix them with things that will reduce the point value and watch the portion sizes. You will learn the foods that are better for you and begin to make better food choices.

It is a lifestyle change and not a diet. I would never go on a diet because I always felt restricted in what I was allowed to eat and that is why Weight Watchers is so much easier for me to do.

Even though I am the one that joined my husband has also lost 5 lbs with me by me just having better food choices at home and he sort of follows along with me as an encouragement.

I also go with my sister-in-law who has been going for 1-2 years now and even with her health problems and medications she is taking she just lost 52 lbs and is doing much better health wise as well.

It is something that will not only benefit you but your family as well as they will begin to learn to make better choices for themselves.

Reality
Rating
Yes, I went to WW's a long time ago & lost all the weight they said I needed to. But I was foolish & thought now that it was gone it won't come back. I stopped going to meetings & went back into my old bad habits. After all that hard work & $$ I regained it back plus more.
Good luck to you, follow what they say, you'll do great !!

debrock16
Rating
Listen as long as you are committed it will work. You need to think about your exercise plan. This is what I followed but I used calorie counting which is similar to points, but it was easier for my cause I like cooking and wanted to learn about nutrition and how to cook healthy for life rather than prepackaged meals.

I also have two kids and only wanted to cook one meal for everyone so we could all gain for understanding calories and food labels.

Committment, dedication and total change of behaviour, it's a big ask and people don't understsand that it is really hard but once you are in the zone you can do this.

If you want to do this it is for life so you need to totally change your way of eating and exercising. This is not a diet rather than a healthy eating plan for life. So no more talking diet cause it means time limit. Stop making some major mistakes wake up earlier and get active earlier your metabolism is sluggish and needs to be woken up this is half your problem.

Here are the golden rules:
Initially cut down to 1200 calories.
Exercise 6 times per week for 1 hours a day. Do three weight sessions and three cardio sessions. No gym involved.
Don't eat carbs after 4pm, never eat carbs within 2 hours of exercise or within 1 hour of exercise.
Drink 3 litres of water per day. You can have a green tea at the end of the day.
Limit your fruit in take to 2 pieces per day.
Never eat dinner after 6pm.
Adopt of low GI eating plan this is sustainable for life!
Make low fat dairy choices

Follow this menu plan as a suggestion:
Breakfast 7am - 1 cup hot water w lemon
20 minutes later have a bowel of oats w water (no honey) OR
fruit salad w low GI soy yogurt
Snack 10am - pear or apple (both low GI)
Lunch 12.30pm - multigrain sandwich w 50g tuna & salad (no butter)
Snack 3pm - low GI yogurt OR skim berry smoothie (no honey or banana) plenty of ice, 1/2 cup skim milk & 1/4 cup yogurt
Dinner 5.30pm - 120g grilled lean meat/fish/prawns/tofu patties (not fried) w spinach salad & mixed vegies (no whites, carbs) OR 3 egg white/soy omlette with ham, cheese and tomato
Snack - 1 scoop of low cal low fat ice cream (if hungry)

Exercise is must be intense. Refer to www.bodybuilding.com for your weights routine. Never do weights two consecutive days have a cardio day in between.

Cardio needs to include running, go hard up stair wells and cycling. You get the most benefits from exercise when your body is totally fatigued and this is when you see changes.

To maintain you can increase calories to 1500 and reduce exercise sessions to 3-4 times per week. If weight creeps up again due to holiday period etc.. go back to 1200 cal and 6 sessions again.

Good luck it worked for me it can work for anyone.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy