Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is it bad for people to smoke?

Starving yourself? how long?
if someone starves themselves,
how long does it take for them to noticable lose weight/fat?
thanks....

Do guys like girls who aren't exactly skinny?
I wouldn't say i was fat, but the other girls at my school are really thin and i feel like the guys at my school don't like me because i'm not as thin as the ther girls. Do guys like ...

Will eating less than 1000 calories a day help me lose weight?
Along with exercise as well. I lost 4 pounds last week but is it healthy to keep this up?...

Im not fat but that's not wat my school said....?
they did a hight and weight check and said im on the verge of becoming overweight...which can't be right. i used to be a gymnast and i have a ton of muscle in my arms and legs...both are ...

What is the best way to loose 5 pounds in a month?
I am over 40 and have a good figure, but my stomach makes me sick. It is always kind of bloated and does not correspond to the rest of my body. I am size 6, but would like to loose the fat around my ...

How many times a week do you go to the gym?
How long do you work out for when you're there?

Thank ...

Is salad good to eat?
i always thought it was good to atleast have a salad once a day, since i just started dieting..my friend told me salad has no nutritional value and its a waste of time to eat it..is that true????? I ...

How do i tell my wife she needs to loose weight.?
both of us were really into working out, i still do and she stopped since her new job saying she has no time. This is an excuse i work 12 hrs shifts and still have time. I tried talking to her ...

Does being bulimic work?
my friend is bulmic and she lost like 30 pounds from it.. but she also does cross country and runs every night about 2 miles..
people told me it didn't but for her it ...

Are there any exercises i can do in my bedroom? No stupid answers!?
I dont have enough money to go to the gym but want to still exercise. I cant do workout dvds cos im upstairs and get shouted at for being too loud. Already doing sit-ups. What else could i do?...

How to wake up energized?

â€śWhat is the complete opposite to hunger?

My husband confronted me about my weight.?
He said, what are you going to do when you see all your friends and you look like ****?

I started sobbing, mostly cuz the word he used.

what should i do?
Additional D...

Anyone know a few good sources of iron in food?
I know red meat but what else? What is the best source of iron?...

Is is Spaghetti bad for you?
I'm starting a diet tomorrow. I'm wanna lose weight. I'm not going to eat a lot just a ...

I gained 8 pounds when I quit smoking. Having trouble losing it, what am I doing wrong?
I have been eating a 1300 calorie a day diet, with no processed carbs, only whole grain, and few of those. Mostly protein, fruit and vegetables. I've also been walking briskly for 20 minutes a ...

I always gain weight..........?
I always gain wieght, even when I eat very little, and no matter how much exercise I do I can never seem to lose weight. I try and try but I can never lose weight.
In the picture I am not ...

I'm 12 and i weigh like 126 lbs!?
i'm 5'2 - 5"3 i think. do i need to loose weight? coz i don't really feel good about myself..any way i can loose some weight w/ out excersizing(sp?) too much? i do play sports ...

Are you hungry?
I am I need food. Cant decide what to eat. suggestions please....

doubled254
HELP! I NEED to lose 15 pounds ASAP!?
Ok, get this-- my dad and I made a bet.
He said that if I make it to 165 pounds before he does, then HE WILL BUY ME A BRAND NEW 2006 TOYOTA SCION. That's a car, in case you're wondering.
I weigh 178 right now. Believe it or not, he weighs 178, too.
I NEED to win this bet! If he wins, then I don't get a car!
What do I do?!
Do I exercise like crazy?
Do I not eat anything? HELP!

I need a plan-- exercise, diet, everything!
Please, I need some help-- STAT.

Thanks!!

Mike
The following healthy living recommendations will help you if you’re trying to lose weight, tone up your muscles, have aspirations of building lean muscle mass, are attempting to get a wash board stomach, or just want to feel better:

*1) Burn more calories then you're consuming everyday and measure your results using the following formula: Calories Consumed minus Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) minus Physical Activity. Get a fitness calculator that you can put on your cell phone and computer. This will allow you to easily calculate this formula, log your daily calorie consumption, and register your physical activities.

*2) Eat natural and organic foods found on earth versus something created by a corporation to make money. Eat meals in small portions throughout the day and take a good multi-vitamin supplement.

Avoid “High Glycemic Load Carbs” (sugar, pastries, desserts, refined starches such as breads, pasta, refined grains like white rice; high starch vegetables such as white potatoes) and drink lots of water.

Do not try fad diets or diet pills. Here is an excellent food pyramid that anyone can follow: http://www.rayandterry.com/html/images/PyramidLRG.gif?osCsid=26a424be471d1337e7c2f105d5c64d9d

*3) Exercise on most days by doing cardiovascular training and/or resistance training activities.

Read a book or find a certified trainer to make sure your doing all resistance training exercises correctly. A great book to buy that teaches you the resistance training basics is “Weight Training for Dummies”. A superb magazine to buy with excellent resistance training routines that will not get you bored is "Muscle and Fitness". Signup for the free newsletter.

A good book to buy that teaches you the cardiovascular training basics is “Fitness for Dummies”.

*4) Get plenty of sleep. Sleep experts say most adults need between seven and nine hours of sleep each night for optimum performance, health, and safety.

*5) Educate yourself continually on health issues and make a life long commitment to good health. A great free publication is “Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005”. A superb book to read is “You The Owner’s Manual”. An excellent periodic publication is the “Nutrition Action Health Letter”. A reputable test you can take to measure your biological age is at http://realage.com

Look at all areas where you can enhance your health. For example, make improvements in the quality of the air you breathe. Review outdoor air quality forecasts where you live and get an indoor air purifier. Email me if you want a good indoor air purifier recommendation and if you have other questions.

*Click on all the source links below to get the full benefit of the recommendations. The answers presented to your health questions are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

mrd2689
Ok, basically take all the food you consume regulary, and cut your calories in half. No heavy fats (ice cream, fried foods, chinese food, cheese, etc). Eat veggies, fruits (not too much), oatmeal (or cereals without too much sugar), healthy sandwiches without mayo, etc. Do not eat more than half your regular calories. Also, do a shitload of cardio! Running, jogging, stairs, eliptical, biking, whatever. Make it intense! Make sure you drink water when you work out!! Keep a good high heatrate when you work out. the night before you weigh yourself for the last time, don't drink any fluids, so you lose fluid weight (dont do this every day or you will get dehydrated). I'm telling you, you WILL feel like **** for however long you do this, and you will GAIN WEIGHT when you are all done with it. I don't care if you get hungry, tough it out, it's for a car!! And try to take a multivitamin as you won't be getting the proper nutrients.

Midnghtangls
Check out the

Miracle Hollywood 48 Hour Diet.

Literally lose 10+ pounds in two days. Of course you probably will gain it back. But you will still beat him. Careful with it.

lucybeagle2003
Rating
I needed to lose that much weight but didn't want to go on a really limited diet so I did Weight Watchers. It was REALLY easy and you could eat just about anything as long as you ate reasonably most of the time. If you can afford to go to the meetings, I'd recommend it. They are 10-15 dollars each time but give helpful tips and friendly people for support. You do weigh in there but it's private and the people are all in the same boat so they are really supportive. The real bonus--it really does teach you how to eat reasonably even after you stop dieting so you won't gain the weight back! Hope that helps!

NA A
Rating
Since the only goal is to lose 15 pounds and show your dad, and seemingly not keep it off, don't eat, lose water weight, excercise, show your dad your weight, get the car, then gain your weight back.

laysstacks
Starve yourself and dont drink water. You dont have to keep the weight off, right?

amber addiction
Rating
only eat fruit and vegies.
eat fish and meat every other night.
and limit carbs like bread, rice, and other starchy foods.
also limit your sugar intake.
drink as much as your possibly can
but only fruit juice, water, milk, and other drinks that are water based.
no soda at all.
exercise every day for at least an hour.
limit your calorie intake to 2,000
and if you already eat 2,000 calories then go to 1,000.
and if you really really really want to lose weight....
go and get a colonic.
it will make you lose at least 10 pounds.

Shelbzz
THE MASTER CLEANSER!! do the master cleanser! you lose like 16 lbs in 10 days!!!!! thats not even counting if you excersize or not! if oyu excersized (Cardio like running or swimming) it'll be faster!!
you can google it "the master cleanser" but here is an overview. its a cleansing of your system. for 10 days you drink this lemonade concotion in which you make. the ingrediants are:
-lemons (2 tbls sppons)
-cayenne pepper (1 pinch- but gradually increase becuase btus that are in cayenne pepper are what cleanse youir system)
-ORGANIC maple syrup GRADE B
-spring water
you mix all of that up together and drink 5 20 ounce water bottles of it a day. NO EATING! (but i cheated on the 3rd night with celery and brocolli)
in the mornings you drink 2 quarts of UNIODIZED salt water. make sure you get up 3 hours before you haveto go anywhere to do this becuase it cleanses out all of the stuff that has been building up in your body for years (youll be suprised at ow much you have) so unless you want to poop your pants i recommend getting up 21/2 hours early to drink this. you drink this every monring (Although its rumored that some do it every other morning... but for optium results do it every morning.... but then just do what your body can handle i geuss) At night 10-15 minutes before bed drink a laxative tea. its crucial you do the cleanses.

its argued that this is unhealthful. but how healthy is having years and years of food and toxins stuck in your system? it cant be considered anorexia wither... since the maple b syrup has calories.
you may experience headaches the first 23 days though... thefirst 3 days arew TOUGH but if you dont cave.. its way easier after that. you'll feel so light and empty and clean on the 4th or 5th day. youre sense (smells) well pick up and it'll make you want healthy foods not crap. you can do this for a minimum of 10 days to a maximum of 40, 4 tiems a year. (its recoomened you do ti every season to live a healthy life)
warning: if you odnt get back into eating correctly you well gain it all back!!!!!
day 1 after cleanse: dilute orange juice w/ water for all 3 meals. day 2: diluted oj for breakfeast, for lunch a vegie broth, for dinner a veggie broth. day 3: oj (not diluted) and veggies for lunch... frusit for dinner. after that just do what yopur body tells you... but dont start eating craps. whol;e grains, fruits, veggies, lean meats are beest...

i recoomend doing it! dont worry about not having energy when i did it i was able to run 5 miles a day./ the onyl problem was i did not go back into it correctly and i gained it back..... my friend went back into eating it right though and she did nto gain anything... good luck with whatever method you chose... and if you have questions contact me!!!!!

woohoo its me
you can eat really healthy, go to the gym, and walk! walking can burn a lot of calories!!! you could probably loose 15 pounds in a week if you walked for a hour or more every day!

dolphinchick
Rating
The only problem with that is men lose weight faster than women - (typically) - drink lots of water - make sure you eat healthy (if you stop eating you won't lose weight - instead you will starve yourself, be miserable and screw up your insides) and cut out sugar. That should help - also walk a few miles each day - avoid weight lifting for now as it will add muscle weight.

Brian.E
Take a crap.

miZZme
Rating
hi long answer here will help you!
well this is what i do everyday so far in the past 3 days ive lost 6 pounds today is day 4 i havnt weighed myself today i dont until before bed. here is what i do.----
i dont eat breakfast at all, i feel like im starving but after about an hour i feel fine, drink a pop or juice and go on with the day.
around 2pm i usually eat 4 onion rings or something small, like toast, or an egg.
then around 5pm i eat a small meal, like chicken and corn, or 2 tacos, i dont eat after 6pm, if i get hungry between dinner and 6pm ill eat a cookie or pudding. something sweet.

after 6pm no food only fluids, i usually stop drinking anything after 10pm. i dont go to bed until around 12pm

i know this is very unhealthy, but i still have tons of energy because i have a 1 year old, and when your busy you dont think abtou food, although i dont work and sit at home i still dont eat.

it will work i promise, today is day 4 i only want to lose arbout 11-15 more pounds.

thats my expereince, good luck! o
oh i do exercise sometimes, like last night i lifted weights for about 15 minutes. and did like 10 minutes of squats but damn my legs hurt lol

-Maria but i highly doubt exercising works

michaelmoss30054
buy you a weight loss suit,Go to a sauna and do jumping jacks till you drop.

gradin_2007
Rating
excercise...prob. , but for a new car I don't now I would stop eating...LOL

armedcitizen1
Rating
this will take about three and a half months if done safely,other wise forget any time sooner.this help me out in this time frame,quit eat ing after six,no fried food,no cookies or chips forget about soft drinks,six small meals a day,grapefruit juice alot.fuites and celery,work full time.Thats all i can think of.

Wimzly
Rating
WEll, first calm down. excersise a lot, drink lots of water and eat fruits and veggies. take vitamin C supplements. This is a very good bet.... and good luck!!!!!

answerer101
Rating
low carbs, more excersise and lots of water....

FunInTheSun
Stop ALL SUGAR products, such as all candy, pop, even diet pops., I'll be really hard the first couple of weeks, you'll plateau, but then it'll hit you fast adn you'll lose weight rapidly. Remember, to exercise and eat well in the meanwhile, including your veggies, greens, grains, all from your local nutritian health guide . Cut off all foods with no colour, such as white bread, rice, french fries, etc. Good luck.

Nia24
Rating
simply become a vegetarian, that'll account for at least 50% of your goal.

JBR
cut off your legs

rufus_t
Don't worry about him winning , as long as you get on a program,
older ppl have a harder time losing weight, than younger ppl.
Get out, jog, run bicycle eat lots of foods with vitamin C, citrus, drink lots of water. Eat bigger meals earlier in the day don't eat too much in the evening. You use up more energy in the day than at night.

NCSMALLBIZ.COM
go to a sauna everyday for 30 mins a day.

yoan r
take a water pill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoniiiii
Honey,

Have you heard of laxatives?

Da_maximus
Rating
not eating is anorexia...

exercise....and if ur not asian...get low on carbs...and if ur DESPERATE to lose less than a pound... run in thick clothing and a plastic bag over your clothing when its hot to lose water weight

jump rope works your whole body..so like 30 min to an hour a day of exercise is good.

barefootmodel
Rating
don't eat any bread, sweets or drink sugary drinks, nothing but protein and water, lots of water and excercise everyday and you'll get there, that's a retarded bet by the way

The Monnicker
Smoke crack and I bet you lose more weight than that QUICKLY

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy