Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Does smoking weed make you lose weight?
just wondering cuz a lot of my friends r drugies and skinny...they never workout or anything of that nature and well me im in lykee every sport imaginable and cant lose weight...just curious does ...

Am I fat/overweight?
I'm a teenager and I'm about..meh..4"11 to 5"0 tall. I weigh (my weight changes often) to 102-106 pounds.
I feel fat =( honestly.
Am I fat or overweight or anything?...

Am i fat cause I'm 14 and i weigh 85 pounds.... please help!!?

How can i weigh 90 lbs?
im 13, 5'4 and i weigh 116.. i want to weigh 90. and please i dont wanna hear thats not healthy cause i hear it too much..

so yea can u give me some ideas on how i can loose 90 lbs.<...

How long does it take your body to adjust to drinking more water?
I understand the importance of drinking plenty of water so I have recently started drinking 2-3 times more water than I usually do. Needless to say, this change has caused me to constantly have to ...

I'm 13 and weigh about 125 pounds. I'm 5'4'' and 1/2. Do I weigh too much?
I'm 13 years old 5'4'' and 1/2 and weigh 126 pounds. I play soccer and basketball at least 5 times a week. Do u guys think I weigh too much? If so could I have some good dieting ...

Should i sell my daughters Hockey Sticks on ebay because she is fat?
I feel as though her recent weight gain has made her undeserving of her hockey sticks of whicxh i bough her after she succeeded at the Jenny Craig bread and water diet.
ALSO she wets the bed ...

Does smoking help you lose weight?
just wondering.....

Anorexia? How do they do it?
OMG, how do they do it? How do anorexic people starve themselves, I tried to see how it is and i have no iea how they could do it?

How do they starve themselves? 3:S...

Would i look weird if i went jogging at 12 am???
????...

Am i chubby? pics.?
im 5"8" and around 135 pounds, i hate it when i look bloated, am i bloated? my hips are big, how do i make them smaller?

http://i267.photobucket....

How much weight will i lose if i don't eat anything for 30 days?

Im feeling weird....please help!!!please!!?
It was my holidays so my mum was frequently making fried stuff like french fries and other fried stuff...on wednesday she made fries and i ate them and then she made them on friday and then she made ...

I want to learn to be bulimic...?
i really want to be skiny. and i need some help. i want to be bulimic. but the only problem is...i have tried and its hard to get use to sticking your finger or toothbrush down your throat. i really ...

Do I look anorexic? How much do you think I weigh?
http://img217.imageshack

yes, I am tucking in my stomach, but not very much. I'm only around 5'1, keep in mind. How much does it look like I ...

Is it possible to drink so much water that you die?

Additional Details
To those you say it's called drowning: I said DRINK water, not inhale it! LOL....

What do you do when you feel fat and ugly?
Do you have any coping mechanisms for when you feel fat and ugly? What do you do to deal? Work out? Eat less? Meditate? How do you handle it? I feel like a blimp and no amount of eating right or ...

Poll: Do you like your body?
what do/don't you like about it?

asking this because a lot of people posting questions here seem to not.......

Am i considered overweight?
im 14 and 5'8 and i weigh about 149-150?...

How Much Do You Think I Weigh??
http://i285.photobucket.
Im 5'9
Thnks
=]
Additional Details
I Weigh 112 ...

Sad and confused.
God! I'm fat! Help!?
I NEED to lose weight before school starts! Majorly badly. My mom says that I'm very fat, and she refused to take me shopping. I'm so depressed. I'm 5 feet and 5 inches. I weight 133 pounds. My BMI is 22.1. I guess my mom dosen't see it, but I'm very active! You know swimming for four hours at the pool, riding my bike six miles. Am I really THAT fat? I know I SHOULD lose some weight. My mom says she wont take me shopping until I go from a size 5/7 to a size zero.
Additional Details
I'm 15. In case you needed to know.

abc
Rating
wow ur mom is stupid thats not fat

turntablesihs008
Rating
you are not fat

Stefy
I'm sorry but your mom is ridiculous .............you are not fat ...............you don't need to lose weight

Kristen
Rating
Sweetie, listen to me. I'm 16, 5'3 and around you're weight (my weight tends to vary).
A year or so ago I was 115 or less and very confident. Then, lots of things happened in my life, including the death of my grandpa who I was very close to, that added stress and pain in my life. I ended up gaining around 15-20 pounds.
I'm also a dancer looking into a career on the stage, for me, the weight gain was devastating, I couldn't look in the mirror without being disgusted with myself. I was in a horrible, horrible place in my mind and I became bulimic.
My bulimia went on for several months until I told a friend who told my dance teacher who told my mom and so on. Since then, I have gotten lots of help both mentally and physically including how to get thin the healthy way.
The way you're mom is treating you is not right. Girls your and my age are supposed to be a size 4 or 5 or 6. I could have literally no fat on my hips and not be a size 0.
The important thing for you to remember is to be happy with who you are. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are beautiful. It is important to be healthy, and if you truly want to lose weight, you can do so by exercising more and eating less. But please, please don't go overboard. Don't do anything drastic or irrational in order to lose weight. If you do exercise and eat better, then your body will lose the weight it wants to lose, and that's all you can hope for.
If you ever want support feel free to email me. It's horrible to have bad influences (like your mother is being) in your life.

Peace.

introuble
Rating
I don't think you're fat. I don't think your Mom should be so strict. Maybe you could wear some slimming clothes or something.

Angie
Rating
First of all theirs something seriously wrong with your mother.And your NOT fat.No person should be a size zero.I personal feel really bad that you have a mother like that.Listen I know that shes not physically abusive,But she definitely is mentally abusive.Make a promise to your self that you will never make your kids feel this way.

Dan-The-Manâ„¢
well for your height, 133 lb is pretty normal.....
u should be like a size 4 or 5

Ta-Zu
Rating
Please tell me you're joking about your mom. She sounds HORRIBLE.
You sound pretty good for your height.
Along with the fact you DO exercise.

Forget your mom and ask your aunt/uncle/SOMEONE else to take you shopping.

Chicken Dancer
You are not fat! Maybe a little bigger than the other girls, but no biggie. I think that yoou should work you tail off on money making jobs around the nieghborhood. This way you are getting a work out and you are making money so that you and your friends can go shopping. head to the mall.

If you have a bigger booty,hips, and thighs, than go to Limited Too. They have a lot of things in half sizes so that they are more comfortable. Grab some friends, and have a shoppping spree. Ask them wich tops flatter you body shape , whichever it may be, and just have fun.

It is okay to be a little self concious otherwise you might off as arrogant, but don't let your fear of rejection control your life. If you see a pretty shirt, and you love it, try it on. if it doesn't fit, think of it like this. That shirt was a mere dot in the huge novel of your life. Two years form then you aren't going to remember the shirts that didn't fit, but the ones that you rocked, and looked great in.

If you want to lose weight though, search for some online diet plans, and weight groups that you can join. If you have some bigger than average friends , you can start your skinny group where you pledge to get skinny and not cheat on that diet. You can monitor each others actions, calorie intake, and weight loss. Ask your mom to make healthier meals. If you are only a little hungry, then put that snack back in the cupboard. Find out when you eat most, why you eat most, get out and stay active ( I know you have kudos to you ! Keep it up girl) and play games with your firends.

Losing weight with yolur friends around is much easier. Take it from a survivor. ou can have fun playing volleyball, and doing team sports with your firends, and your having fun so you don't notice that you tired as much. if your mother can't accept you as you are, that's her problem.

If you going to lose ANY weight, don't do it for her . Don't do it for the cute guy next door. Do it for YOU. Lose the first five pounds is the most wonderful fealing in the world. Good Luck, and if the going gets tough, turn to those you trust.

Beth T
Rating
That is ridiculous that your Mom is talking to you like that. That is the kind of stuff that makes kids turn in to anorexics and bulemics. Size 5/7 is not a big size at all. I also looked up on a weight chart on this site and it says the normal weight for your height 5' 5" is 112 to 150. You can look at the chart at this site here. http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/dga/dga95/weighcht.gif. So it looks to me like you are not overweight at all, but right perfect in the middle. If you do decide to lose a few pounds, make sure that you do a safe program like weight watchers and make sure that you do not lose too much weight as that is unsafe. It is easy and has flexibility as well. But seriously, I do not think that you need to lose any weight at all. Hope all goes well for you and sorry about your Mom treating you that way. That is so wrong how she is treating you and I agree with what a previous poster said, that is mental abuse how she is treating you. First of all, she should not talk down to you like that and make you feel bad. And even if you were overweight, she should never refuse to buy you school clothes because of it. That is ridiculous. She is your mother and it is her job to take care of you, no matter what you weigh. It sounds like she is very controlling and is trying to make you do what she wants, which is wrong. It sounds like you are very healthy, the right weight, and exercise quite a bit. She should be proud that you are in such good health. I am so sorry for how she is treating you and I wish you all the best and hope all works out for you.

MetallicaRule
tell your mom to get a life your bmi is healthy tell her you'll get to size zero right after she does.

Unique&Clever
Rating
You're mom sounds like a *****.

At that height and weight, you're fine.

Don't go by the BMI you read online, the only way you'll actually know is to have a doctor do the tests for you....Muscle density weighs a lot more than fat does so someone who's 5'5 and 133 might actually be bigger than someone who's 5'5 and 150 if the person who's 150 has a lot of muscle mass. If you're wearing a size 5/7 pants, you're fine.

Don't you see how active you are????? And come on, a size Zero? Are you kidding me? That's not healthy for your height.

folladj
Your mom is being ridiculous (no offense). Sounds like you are very healthy. Not everyone on this planet is made to be a size zero, and thin does not always equal healthy. I'm really sorry your mom says those things to you...is there any way you can talk to her? Tell her she is hurting your feelings? I don't really know what advice to give, but I can say with certainty that you are not fat.

If you want to tone up a bit, try incorporating a strength training routine a few times a week.

mlgable
You are not fat and you mother should be told this. You should not be a size zero as you are 5'5". You DO NOT NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT. Tell your mother that your weight is fine and that if she doesn't like the way your body looks she should search out the proper exercises to tone it.

dj_direct_input
Rating
wow...your mom is a bad mother, i cant believe she calls you fat, slap ur mom then start goin to the gym. last year when i was 14 (now 16) i weighed 312 and im 6"6 but i went down to 280 in a month and a half. i had a personal trainer, just do 1 hour of cardio every day, i mean EVERYDAY, and work on different sections of ur body once or twice a week, you'll start losing 10 pnds a week like me in no time...oh and change ur diet, and dont eat a big meal after working out cause it reverses everything u did that day.

kyliebear♥
Rating
First of all, your mom was very wrong for saying that and no one should ever tell you that, especially your mom. Don't listen to her if she's that insecure about herself to have to bring you down like that. Second, it's not that hard to lose weight if you do it the right way.. look up dieting tricks online, and exercise at least three times a day for 30 minutes (i know it seems like alot but it's really not, and you feel great after).. what really matters is that you're happy and confident with yourself, if you have that then no one can bring you down.

arodwh99
Rating
Your mother soudns like one of the most horrible people on the face of the earth. That is insulting that she said you are fat and should be a size zero.

Throw up in front of her and tell her you decided to become a bulimic to meet her goals.

nfogey_1981
From what you've described, you don't seem to be "fat"... Your BMI is only slightly above average for a woman. I think your mother needs to stop taking unnecessary shots at your self esteem, and might seriously consider some psycho therapy... Do you know how VERY FEW women are healthy, and wear a size zero? Her "conditions" for taking you shopping are absolutely absurd.. If you are being honest with yourself, you seem perfectly healthy, and should just keep doing what you're doing. You're exercising and eating right, that's really all you can do. Save up your own money, and do your own clothes shopping on your own. Most importantly, F*** what your goofy a** mom says.

Madi Mae
Rating
FAT.

It's a three letter word.

Why is everyone so afraid of it?

I'm fat. Who cares?
My best friends are skinny as hell and they still hang with me.

FAT FAT FAT.

Be who you are!!!

If you really feel the need to lose weight, then just excersize!

NO BIG DEAL.

P.S: My friends aren't like, anorexic or bulumic or anything.

NANCY J
Call the authorities on your mother, she is mentally abusing you, you need to get away from her. She needs to be locked away from all human beings. I'm not joking, no mother should ever treat their child the way she is treating you. I have an over weight child. It is very difficult to talk to her about her weight. I have to be very careful. As for you, you are not fat. Go to school in the worst clothing you have, and when you get sent to the office, tell the principal or who ever that your mother refuses to buy you clothes because she said you are too fat. You will see how quickly your mother is wrong. I think I would rather be in a foster home than with a mother who was so abusive, she is one step away from physically abusing you. She has problems and she is taking them out on you. Please get some help before she does something really bad that may cause your death. You are too important for her to treat you this way. You probably are prettier than her and she is jealous, Some mothers are weird. If you were my kid I would love you the way you are. You are special the way you are, don't let your mother depress you anymore, she has the problem, not you.

07_ShelbyGT500
Rating
You mom is a real piece of sh!t for telling you that and for saying you need to get to a size zero.

Tell her you'll be more than happy to vomit your way down to a size zero; see if that gets her attention.

Taka
Rating
The normal healthy weight for a female 5'5" is 125 - 130 depending on breast size.

If you go to a size zero you will likely die of anorexia.

Smily Sarah
Hey your not fat. Im 11 and weigh more than you. I weigh 140. I talked to my mom about it. She says eat healthy and maintain your weight. Exersize and you will be perfect. Your beautiful. Im also 5"6. You must be a beautiful girl. Also, your mom must be strict. If you want to be a size zero, it is like dieing. Save money and buy your own close. That's what i do. Remember your beautiful. That's what i tell myself!

~~~
Rating
I'd hate to see how skinny your mom is. Can't you go shopping by yourself? I don't go shopping with my mom

sexykmama
no offense, your mom is a cracked out *****!

unfortunately, you got the raw end of the stick in mothers.

you are NOT FAT!!! 133 pounds is not fat!!

PLEASE, PLEASE do not go crazy to lose weight!!! you do not need to lose any!!
as far as the clothes, screw it! be healthy first!

Evelyn
Rating
wow. your mom is a ******. no mother should treat her daughter that way. talk to her and make sure she knows that you do exercise, and that weight isn't lost that easily. she should be happy with who you are, and you should be happy with yourself too. just keep exercising and eat less fatty foods. cut back on any soda or sweets you have.

Hello to You!
Rating
You mom needs a reality check! Society has a problem with models giving bad signals, but having your mom calling you fat is almost considered emotional abuse. Mom! Shame on you! You have a daughter that is active and healthy and you should be happy. Now a days, people think that being thin is all you need but curvy and having a little extra means you are in great shape. You don't have to lose weight. If you are healthy, no health issues and happy, then stay where you are. No need to go on a flash diet because that my dear, is unhealthy. You are perfect just the way you are!!!!

Rachelle♥
Rating
What kind of a mother says her daughter is fat?
your so not fat
im 5'1 and my BMI is 22.3 and im 118 Pounds.
im over weight my ideal weight should only be 106 or something like that.

so your totally fine.

djs
Sounds like child abuse.Your not fat .Only thing that is fat is your moms head

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.224
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy