Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Does anybody know an easy way to lose weight?
not that i'm fat or anything but i juss need to kno okay maybe i am a lil but i need a summer bod asap!...

How do you get rid of sweet cravings??

Additional Details
i dont buy the sweets- my family eats really unhealthy so sweets and junk are always around me. sometimes it gets ...

Is it healthy to go one week eating nothing but fruits and vegetables.?
i'm not fat or anything, but i do eat a lot of unhealthy juke food (mostly fastfoods).
i'm sure that i may look good on the outside, but it may not be good on the inside. ...

Im 12 and need to loose weight?
wat pills could i take LEGALLY take to gain muscle and loose wait look at this page

http://www.trinibusiness Details
i weigh 275...

Yesterday i ran a marathon on a treadmill totally naked, and barefoot. now my feet hurt. what do i do?

I'm 5'10 and I weigh 145 lbs. is that fat??
What weight would be good??
Additional Details
My body is all proportioned but i have really long legs ...

Does thinking burn calories?
i've been wondering, does thought burn calories?...

How can I stop eating junk food?
Whenever I'm hungry or bored I always seem to eat some type of junk food. I can't seem to stop myself, and it's making me fat. For exampIe, my uncle just came round with some chocolate ...

Im really short.?
Ok so im really short.
14 years old and 5'0
does drinkimg milk work?
if it does
how many cups do i need to drink in a day?...

Am I wayy to skinny.????
I am 12 years old and I read another question & it said to check your BMI & it said that normal was 18.5-24.9 but I am 13.6 woaahhhh rightt!!!!...

Losing weight by not eating?
If I stop eating for about 3 weeks or 2. How much weight will I lose?...

Whats a good lunch for someone on a diet?
hmmmm??...

How tall r u?

Additional Details
just askin cos im only 4'9'' just wanted to know if there are any of u out there ...

3 days without food?
my friend said he went 3 days without food and said he lost 10 pounds
would i really lose that much ...

People say im too skinny and need to put on wieght... i disagree... why do they say this? im 6st and 12yrs...?
im confused, more than skinny i want to lose weight, my percent bodt fat is 15%... thats well high all my mates are 9%
Additional Details
to that person down there dont tell me to grow ...

Poll:What Size Clothes Are You?
Aloha :D
I was just wondering what size clothes you are!
Also what Country you live in and how old you are..
Just Want To See Random Results lol

Also with the size i only ...

Ok importanttt!!!!!!10points...
how much weight can i lose in 4days with out eating?!!!
Additional Details
i am 16 and i want to get buzzed at a party or drunk, at one that i am having!!!...

Im 15 and i want 2 lost weight. I weight 215 and i have been taking diet pills for about 4 days.?
Is it going to help me or ...

Why is america so overweight?

AM I FAT? WITH PICTURE, HELP A DIET I AM ON, ThANKS!?
I am 13, I am 5"1, and I weight about 98 pounds. Am I fat? Whenever I look in the mirror, all I see is fat. Also, here is the diet I am on:
Breakfast- Water
Lunch- A 1 inch by 1.5 ...

Linda C
Exercising for a 14 year old?
I am 14 5'2 and I weigh 113-115.And I try not to eat after 6:00 and i'm drinking lots of water. I'd like to get down to somewhere between 107-110 before Christmas. what types of exercises should I do. I'm thinking about jogging for about 10-15 minutes and then I have some floor execises that I like to do. So if you have any other tips that could help let me know! :]
Thanks God bless You

<3life
eating after six is not bad!!! that's a myth

don't skip meals
cut out most or all sugary drinks (soda, most juices...etc.)
drink 8-10 glasses of filtered water
walk/jog with friends or ur dog at u local park
after school only spend 15mins watching tv or on the comp.
then go exercise
try eating less than 300 calories after school then eat dinner

good luck

Scott R
Walk, run, jog, jump rope, trampeline or any sport will help you burn calories.

War Dog
the jogging idea is quite good! but extend it to about 20-30 minutes? or more... around there =)

i'm 15 5'3 and weigh 99lbs.

but keep eating but not too much junk food then you'll be fine
though you must eat. its not healthy to be so thin maybe lose a few lbs but then okay =) tc

Michael P
Rating
Ask your parents to take you to the doctor and let he/she know that you'd like to get in better shape. The doctor will give you some advice and then apply that advice to your every day life. Good luck to you.

Bactrian
Rating
Well you could go and run like hell but it's not going to help in a short period of time. Your body only loses weight if it has an overload. So if you use more energy than you can obtain through food. i would recommend eating lots of fruit and vegetable, pasta, rice. Food is an important aspect in losing weight. You need weighted exercises to lose weight. That way your body will spend energy in building up muscle and uses fat for that. This way, the body becomes leaner and obtains a nice shape while it uses the fat reserves for power. So:

- Eat healthy stuff
- Do some training with weights (you dont have to follow Schwarzenegger's schedule, it's just that this way you get faster results)
- Do a little cardio to get rid of wasteproducts through sweat.

Hope this answers your question.

+
Rating
swimming

Tara K
Rating
Well,it really depends on how many calories you eat.Lets say you it 1500 calories a a day.Just to let you know you burn about 1000 calories just by walking.So if you ate 1500 calories a day for a week and burned 1000 extra calories,you would lose a pound a week.
Some exercises are:
-running
-jump rope
-swimming
-skating
-any sport that includes running

Good luck!

Gee
Rating
A good work out for your calve muscles (behind ur lower leg) is Skippiing in the spot for a number of minutes. Then take a minute break. And then you do 5 mins. Then a break, then another 5 mins...It helps to do this to an up beat song :)

:D
Rating
Yeajogging is good and you should do crunches to help get abbs. And you should stretch every day. :)

kungfu_action_jesus
jogging is bad for your back. swimming is much better.

musicmegan93
Rating
Stop eating when you're really full. Too many people eat after they're full.
Eat light meals, with a light and healthy snack in between. It'll keep your metabolism up and going. Try a piece of fruit or something.

American Eagle Chick
Join a sport!

-Cross Country
-Swimming
-Basketball
-Dance
-Gymnastics

There are so many choices!!

swimming chick :D
well i dont have any tips but i am 11 and 5'4 and i would love 2 be 2 ur weight but if u feel like losing a couple of pounds then u can do
lunges(act like u r kneeling but dont touch ur knee to the ground put about an in from the ground and ur knee then take a step and do it again u should feel this in ur theighs but dont put ur knee over ur foot or u could cause injury but keep ur hands either on ur head or by u side and not on ur knee or it wont do anything)
jumpingjack
pushups
crunches(helps abs)
beef cakes(lay on the floor and lift ur legs up they have 2 be straight and all the way up u should feel this in your abs)
be careful on these and see ur doctor before starting any workout and good luck
have a great day

Enter Name Here
Wow lol why bother its only 5 pounds a difference...

italian queen<3
Rating
join a swim team.
i've been swimming since i was 5 and it keeps me in shape.
i swim 3 times a week (great cardio!), i eat LOTS of fruits and veggies (thats my breakfast and half of my dinner), and i go running about 4 times a week.
(the swimming season doesn't usually start until fall. check out your local YMCA to see if you can join. or maybe your middle school/jr high has a team. mine didn't so i stuck with YMCA til high school.)
good luck!
god bless YOU!

badge the farmer
Rating
your current routine is all right but if you think you can squeeze in some more, do some

leg-ups to maintain your lower abdomen flat

do some more cardio exercises like jumping on a trampoline..

Amy R
Rating
swimming dailey for like 1hr 30min-helps

Mani
Jogging for 15 minutes is not enough. Gradually increase the timing to around half hour. Your intake of food should include salads and fibres . Shifting to vegetarian food until you loose weight will be ideal. Do not starve and spread your intake three or four times in small quantities.

Lien S.
Rating
Swimming is great for arms, and dancing can help after a week of doing it just for half an hour a day. Trampolining helps your legs and jog for about twenty minutes, it will be more effective, use an ipod to keep you occupied or take a dog...

ohhsofamouss
Do some running and video exercises. Get a great Tae-Bo video. Keeping your heart rate up when exercising is what's gonna let you know it's working and your working hard.

Ms. Sexii
Basketball
Vollyball
gymnastic
track
tennis
jump ropes

here are some.
Hope this is helpful

Jasmine C
Rating
uh. i am like the same excact thing. im 5'2 weigh 115 and like i want to lose weight
so i went to http://www.mypyramid.gov/
it just tells u wut u should be doin and eatin it might helped it helped me.
u just type in info about u and then u make a chart on wut u usually eat and it will tell u wut u should eat, and how to exercise .well good luck and could u answer a questionb for me the one on my profile bout ma friend thankss so much best wishes jassss oh and on the left hand side of myprimad.gov, there are all the options go down and see which ones are for you then do them ,print them out and stick them on your fridge, or if you dont want your family to see put it in you room.

Luck and wishes -jass

KelseyMichelle
Rating
don't listen to the noeborn guy person!
Creatine is VERY bad for you and you can die from it!
plus its a weight GAIN when you take that
(its for football players who need to gain weight.)
its just like a steroid!

anyways keep to your exersises.
and drink lots of water.
Make sure you burn more calories then you eat!
drink ice water as soon as you wake up in the morning.

you need to do a detox before you start losing weight.
dont drink any soda, a good alternative to soda is cranberry juice and club soda together. tastes great.
and eat really healthily. Eggs are good, oat meal is good, and whole grains.
no processed food or deserts.
do at least one hour of excersize a day, and kep your self busy so your not tempted to eat out of boredum.

Good luck.

SunGlyder
Ah, but you see, the trick is to not freak about the way you look at 14. Goodness me, you're 14. Not 40. your body is still shaping up. I went through a puppy-fat stage at the same.. well, stage. And I did the wrong thing by starving myself and trying to exercise the fat away.

Listen to one thing at least... Starving yourself from dinner to dawn simply makes the body kick into fat storage over-drive. It will begin to store more fat than if you ate a light snack a couple hours after dinner. It doesn't have to be something loaded with cream. But fruit, fruit salad, whatever you choose- because starving isn't the way to go.

Exercise normally. Nothing rash. you do not want to become another "She got anorexia at 15" statistic. Okay?

There are lots of exercise plans, if you want to do what others claim works for them. All you need to do is Google for them. There are some with high reps, with wrist and ankle weights; and using equipment- if you have an orbital at home, say.

But 10-15 mins of jogging should be fine. And floor exercises.

That reminds me, I have to let my rat out. But good luck!

Katie B
Rating
you don't need to lose weight..
just eat healthier..
And remember that muscle weighs more than fat

bubbleteagirl
You sound like a good healthy weight to me. I'd really suggest asking your doctor about a safe exercise plan for your weight loss goals before taking any of our suggestions...

But, with that said, the water is a good thing. Although, not eating after 6:00pm... why are you doing that, I'm confused? If you maintain your blood sugar at a steady level throughout the day, your body won't start converting sugars to fat. If your blood sugar drops, and then you eat again, your body will turn the carbs/sugars into fat. So, the exercise won't really help you lose weight, but it will help you stay fit and healthy.

It is better to eat smaller meals and healthy snacks throughout the day. Never skip meals. Always eat breakfast, this should be your biggest meal of the day. Eat a healthy lunch. Eat a light dinner. Snack on fresh veggies throughout the day to keep you full and away from unhealthy snacks. Also, make sure to have small snacks that include carbs and protein too, like a piece of cheese on a cracker or peanut butter on a cracker or half a cup of yogurt. Fruit is okay too, but you don't need as many servings as fruit as you do veggies.

If you eat like that, you will really be eating the exact same amount as you are eating now ('cept you will probably eat a lot more veggies, which totally won't make you gain weight or really increase your calories at all), but you won't be gaining weight/fat so exercise will actually help you loose weight/fat.

Just remember, the longer you wait between meals and snacks, the more your body will convert carbs and sugars to fat instead of allowing you to burn them off through activity.

As for what activity you choose to do... pick one you really like! That way you'll actually do it! Exercise doesn't have to feel like exercise at all. Floor activities are good. I'd suggest walking instead of jogging just because jogging is hard on the knees. Swimming is a great exercise. Bike riding is really good to. Do your parents drive you to school? If your school has a secure bike lock up, I'd suggest asking your parents if you could bike to school instead. And sports are also a good type of exercise. Just have fun no matter what you do!

katie f
run a few miles everyday it sounds hard but its really not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neoborn
Rating
* There is an online community that will help you everyday for free and provide you with all the knowledge you need to become the better you! http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum *

Check out the female fitness forum there!!!

~ Fundamental Guidelines ~

- Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

- Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

- Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

- Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

- Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

- Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

- Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc

~ Exercises ~

- Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

- Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two, if you can do 15, add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

- Leg press

- Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

- Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker, harder.

Jimmy J
Rating
Stop watching t.v. and sitting at a computer all the time.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.154
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, June 11, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy