Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What should I say to my dad?
I am 16. I am 5'1" and I weigh about 125 pounds. Which isn't tiny. But it's not huge either. My dad often makes comments about me being fat. "Have you told anyone you are 7 ...

What is the best way to lose weight?
Im 15, 5' 5", and weigh 170 pounds.
I want to lose around 30-50 pounds. What are the best ways to lose weight and keep it off?
(oh and ive been vegeterian for like a month)

How much would you like to weigh?
Come on ladies be honest now!Guys too!...

I am 14 and i weight 131 is that ok?
I use to weight 125 I play soccer.I am 5.2 or 5.1 tall.I don't eat right I don't know what to eat for my age I need to loss weight cause soccer starts in about 5 weeks help please help.oh ...

I just lost 5 POUNDS!!!! Can I say WHOOOHOOO!!!!?????

What do you feed a child who cannot have bread, rice, oats, or any other kind of refinded starch?
My sister and mother have a metabolic problem that makes their heart race, my sister sweats all night, and acts absolutely wild, this only happens when they eat such foods as white bread, crusted ...

What's the perfect 30-minute workout?

How do I get more fiber in my diet?
And can I do it inexpensively?...

What is the difference between fibre and protein and how do they help the human body when consumed?

Additional Details
And what are some foods that are rich in fibre and other foods that are rich in protein?...

What is the fastest way to lose weight?
I've recently gained a little more weight than i would like to and was wondering a quick effective way for a woman to get rid of it....

Is this fat?
ok i am 100 pounds and like 5"3 am i way too fat or what i need answers i am desprite to know!!...

Am i at a good weight for my height?
I am 156 pounds, 5 foot 10 inches tall, 16 years old (girl)...

Am i fat, average or skinny?
Info
. 13 years old
. 5 ft. 3 1/2 in.
.112 lbs.
. size small top
.size 1/3 pant
.play soccer, rock climb and do hip hop
Am I fat, average or skinny, please ...

Can You Lose Weight WITHOUT Exercise.?
I am 250 lbs and have a broken ankle so no form of exercise would be good right now or even in the future because of all the pressure on it. Can I lose weight if I watch and eat only healthy things???...

Is it ok to drink eggs?

This guy at school keeps calling me fat...am I?
This guy at school won't leave me alone. He constantly teases me about everything, my weight, my clothes...etc. Since I have extremely low self confidence...I'm starting to take it to ...

Should I lose weight?
Please be honest... I'm the girl haha

http://i70.photobucket.c...

Would a 600 calorie a day diet help me to lose weight?
I exercise a lot too, and if I eat 600 cals a day, would I lose weight? If so, how much and how quickly?
Additional Details
By the way,...

PLEASE hELP ME!!!?
okay so i need to lose weight majorly. i developed a workout plan. any suggestions?

Monday: 60 minutes on treadmill.

Tuesday: 25 minutes on treadmill and 20 minutes DDR.<...

Debate between me and my husband?
My husband and I are debating about many calories a person burns when exercising.

My stance:
A bigger person burns more calories doing the same exercises a thinner person does for the ...

Ethan
Embarrassed while jogging?
Hi. I've been jogging to lose a bit of weight, and slowly my endurance (and confidence!) has been improving. but today, it was very windy, so i just went for a jog around the block. My Mom wanted me to call into the corner store to get some bread, and the ladies in the store looked at me like i was an Alien! Granted, nobody has really seen me jogging in public (i do it mostly at the gym). When i exercise, my face gets red and all, and i must look as though i'm going to have a heart attack lol. But I'm fine, theres nothing wrong with me. I just felt really embaressed and it looked like they were all supressing a laugh...I just feel so embaressed now, should I keep up my jogging? I like it but i hate the gossip small communitys bring, and i can only imagine what they must be talkig about. I kno how rumors can spread in small communities, and I'm just a little concerned. Should I be worried?
Thanks

*.oneloveinyoureyes.*
Rating
why should you care what other people think???
so, no DONT WORRY.
i think you need to chill a bit..
because why would you really care what people were
saying about you,
even if you are in a small community...?

Sophie B
Why should you worry.....you will healthy and they won't....

Don't worry about what others think, they don't think about you, when you're not around.......

MICHELLE!
Keep jogging! who cares what people think!?

they might laugh for like 3 seconds but they will
forget all about it later on.

my face gets the same way when i exercise! and i'm at shcool
in gym and people always tell me my face is so red.

it's so annoying. =(

ChangeisintheAir
Rating
No, you shouldn't be worried.
Do what you love, its your life.
Don't let gossip, or what you think might turn into gossip, interfere with something that :
1- you like,
and 2- improves your health!
Jog your little heart out! :)<3

Brinde
its normal for yor face to turn red! i play tennis and my face gets so dang red!!
i would say keep jogging! work hard at it. dont worry what other people think of you. No rumors will be spread about you. You are working out, keeping or trying to get into shape.
keep up the good work! you are doing great!

napstar66
no there just mad they cant get up off there lazy butts and exercise themselves and they are probably embaressed about themselve hince thats why they talk i wouldnt worry about it your doin what makes you feel good ,about yourself so keep at it

yghjk
No you should keep running if you like it. I know how you feel though I did track and it's so awkward because you're just running and then everyone is just...watching.

DeNee S
No don't worry about them... honestly think back to what those women looked like.... I bet they could use a little exercise themselves..... Keep up your jogging you'll be the healthy one

Sar Bears
You shouldn't be worried exercise is healthy and if they make fun of you its probably because they want to exercise more but put down others instead. KEEP JOGGING!

thrill88
Rating
I live in a small town and have watched one of my neighbors work her way up from walking to jogging. She is not graceful and it looks like it is hard for her but I find myself almost applauding as she goes by. I talked to her mom and she said her daughter has lost 40 lbs. so far. I think it is great that she tries so hard and is doing so well. I am not sure if this will help you but you might consider that they may have talked about your weight before, now it won't be long before they are talking about how great you look! Keep it up.

texandc2002
When I was younger jogging wasn't exactly the cool thing to do. If my neighbors saw me running they would be breaking their necks to see what I was up to/had done LOL.

I was like you...I had always exercised during/for sports..but never in my neighborhood...I would only do it at night and I would run real quite not to get any attention.

Looking back I was an idiot as most prolly didnt care...I was just young and fairly shy and easilly embarrased like you I'd say.

manddyy
nahh you shouldnt be worried.. i see a lot of ppl jog where i live.

Skittles
Rating
who cares on what they think... you're trying to be healthy and lose some weight..!

shoot.. in the summer time... my face get red at all for no reason..! haha... and i get sun burn sooo fast too... even when i'm driving my car.... one of my hands be darker than the others.... eww...

but i say.. do what you have to do.... maybe next time bring a wet towel and wrap it around your neck if your wearing a tank top.. or etc.... :)) it'll help you to kool down...

rose j
heck yeah to me it sounds like they need to jogging right beside you Go Keep it up for you not nobody else

FaZizzle
I wouldn't worry too much about it. They are probably talking about how slim you've become.

I grew up in a small town as well. I wouldn't worry too much though - runners turn red in the face.

I wouldn't worry too much. Jog for YOU, not for them.

fredi n
Oh there is nothing to worry about if they gossip so what that shouldn't stop you from being able to improve yourself and your body!!!! Am I right?!?!?!

Jake
Dude, don't let it get to you. What you are doing is good for you physically and emotionally. Keep it up and try not to worry about what people are thinking. I know its hard, but exercise is something you need. Just think about what people will say when you get into good shape!

Alyeska
Rating
I don't think you should stop.
I always feel embarassed exercising outside because I, too, get red in the face. But I doubt anyone will talk, it's completely normal.

kourtney
the same thing happens to me when i exercise my face turns red and feels like it has its own heart beat! but don't stop your doing something good for yourself and let people talk it doesn't matter what they say, for all you know they can be saying how good it is that your exercising! and those ladies probably looked at you like you were an alien because you probably smelt like sweat :). you have absolutely no reason to be worried!!

angelsrgodsppl
Nahh. You were doing you what you liked to do.
Who cares of what other people will say?
You shouldn't.
Don't stop jogging just because of other people.
Nobody should change their lives because of others.

Fluttering Leaves
Don't worry. I too have a RED face when I run/do anything. What happens is:

1. You just think they are laughing because you feel self-conscious; or

2. They are laughing a bit, but they get used to seeing you red and think nothing of it; and

3. Even if they are all saying that they saw you having multiple heart attacks at the store today, when they see you alive and well tomorrow everyone will forget about it :)

Keep up the running!

gG+Db
Keep on jogging. It is getting you in shape and who cares what anyone says if you are getting more healthy. If it still really bothers you stay on the treadmill route, then only a few will see your red face. Try breathing more consistently through your nose, that can help a lot of times.

alicia
Rating
yes. continue jogging. just think of it this way: the more you jog, the more confident, and better appearance you'll have. And everyone will mind their own business. So keep jogging! :-)

Devan!
Nah, you should be ok.
They won't be sniggering with you drop the weight. =]

megj416
Rating
I would keep jogging...it will only make you look and feel better which will make their laughter turn to jealousy. Don't worry what they think, do it for yourself!

hailey ♥
Rating
dont be worried. i feel the same way. and my face turns red as well. hey, at least you ARE exercising. dont worry about what other people say/ think about you.

chazycares
Keep jogging

Dont worry about what other people say.

Samm
Rating
when they see you jogging around when you're thinner and lean, those laughs will be worth it.

i love seeing the transformations around my neighborhood.
you should be proud.

perfectlybaked
Rating
Well, we all have those moments when all eyes seem upon us. If we were to cater to each and every one of those we would end up confined to our own home.

Lion Lady
Rating
Don't worry about what other people think!!! Get a shirt that says Jogger in Progress- Get out of my way---or something like that!!!! I think that they will eat their words after they see you looking better and better-- screw what they say or think! They may be jealous, because they don't have the guts or stamina to get out and do something--- JOG AWAY!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy