Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is this a healthy body type for my age?
Im 13, about 137 lbs. 5'4 size 6-8...do you think I should start excercising more and eating much more healthier, or not worry about it for a while?
Additional Details
If you think I...

Does alcohol speed up your metabolism while on a diet?

How can I grow taller?
I wanna grow taller and I will realy wanna boost my height a lot in the next 2 months can I do that, I keep hearing from friends what helps is doing sports and eating well, please tell me which ...

I am 12 and weight 130 pounds. am i overweight??

Additional Details
i am 5ft3....

I'm 5'2" and 120 lbs, should I loose weight (pic included)?
http://i420.photobucket. http://i420.photobucket.
T...

Is my eating today ok? Im 17 5'5 118lbs.....trying to lose weight for a beach holiday?
Its 1pm

Bfast: Dry cereal
Lunch: Shaved chicken with a bit of spinach and fetta

I will snack on an apple and other fruit.....

What should I have for dinner? Will ...

Why should I not eat whatever I want?
It's a debate I have between me and a friend of mine. We both take multivitamins, but I still try to eat right (cutting back on red meat, eating fruits and veggies). He on the other hand eats ...

HELP ME PLEASE! I am 17 and a FAT skinny person?
I think Im a FAT skinny person
Im 5'5 118lbs
Im going on a beach holiday in 2 months and wna wear a bikini
How can I tone up?
I dont have time cos im in year 12 and work.

Really want to lose weight this month, advice?
When I moved in with my husband over the summer I was exactly the size I looked good as--curvy but healthy. But after living with my husband... I ate more. I really shouldn't have, but I didn...

I'm the fattest i've ever been!!?
help! i thought i was like 100lbs but weighed myself this morning and the scales said 103, i actually can't remember the last time i weighed this much. my absoloute highest weight was like 106...

simba
Does the stomache shrink when a person looses weight?

Gabrie!
Rating
The stomach is a muscular organ - about the size of your hand - that stretches when full and returns to normal when empty. This stretching of the stomach is only temporary.

The only way to reduce the size of your stomach permanently is to undergo gastrointestinal weight loss surgery.

A Nobody
oh no it just dont stretch out 2 make u look fat it wrinkles if u dont wunt it 2 dont have kids or gain wate

juncky_18
NO NO

Eddie K
Rating
the longer you go eating less food your stomach naturally shrinks, if you are consistently eating more food than you can hold, it will stretch your stomach.

kimi
Rating
No the stomach does not shrink .It remains the same size constantly. it is you fat in the stomach that decreases

liza
Yes that is the way the doctor explained it to me that the less You eat the small your stomach but remember I will only go so small.
Check this out It may help.
Weight Management Center, Chats, Bariatric Surgery, UPMC | University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, ...

no the stomache never changes because the only changes is the fat things inside you and the fat is only caleriors

beachblonde1992
When a person begins to loose weight the stomach does not neccesarily "shrink" it just becomes trained and accustomed to smaller portions. Overeating will cause the stomach to increase flexibility and think it is hungry when it is not, it is just stretched. I hope this helped!

fastcat
Yes it does.

dangerously in love
Yes it lose's some weight too.

~Sinfully~Exquisite~Stalking~
Rating
Yes it does..

Yes...like people who starve themselves....when they finally decide to eat again...they can only consume small portions of food at a time because there stomach has shrunk...once they start eating regularly they will be able to eat more and more because there stomach is expanding.

cybersleuth
To some degree if that person substantially restricts his food intake.

*Dancer*
GROSS!

rosanamod
Yes it does which is why when you don't eat a lot for a long period of time, you are less hungry.

captain redbeard
Yes It Does You`ll Find You Eat Less And Still Feel Full!

peaco1000
NO. Its actually becomes bigger because it is full of gas. Look at starving people on the news.

Bear Naked
Rating
Yes...If you do it right. Eat less...more often.

dave
Rating
kyle is right on the mark
thats how i lost about a stone just buy making each meal smaller and sticking to it.
dosent take long befor you start to fill up easyer.
now all i need in the morning is 3 weetbix insted of 6

JimmyR.com
Not necessarily. If they eat less their stomach gets smaller over time but people can lose weight and eat even more if they exercise.

The fastest way to lose weight is to elevate your heart rate as many times and and as high as you can safely elevate it. Eat small portions of meals many times a day instead of really big portions only a few times a day. Jump rope rules. Anything running or sprinting will burn a super amount of calories, incomparable to weight lost just dieting.

http://www.jimmyr.com/lose_weight.php

Alex
No I don't think so

Kyle
Rating
It doesn't shrink when you lose weight, it shrinks when you don't eat. That helps you lose weight, so that's why the two are commonly confused.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy