Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I just want to be THIN!?
i am having the hardest time staying motivated to lose weight. i work out religiously, although it probably helps just keep me at the weight i am am and keeps my heart healthy above anything else. <...

I weigh 92 pounds and I am 12 is that o.k.???
Is that o.k....

Is it okay if I don't eat?
every other day. I exerisce and eat healthy, but its not coming off....

Is this considered over wieght?
a female who is 13 and is 5 feet 7 inches ways 150 pounds.
is she over weight?...

Am i FAT?!?
5ft 4in

130-133 ...

At 12 years of age at "5.4" is 108 pounds normal?
Is that overweight?...

How do u get rid of constipation?!?

How tall are you?
im 5"7. u?...

Curvy or skinny?
I am a uk size 12 and sometimes feel quite big especially compared to other girls is it too big?...

Am i overweight?
ok i am 13 and i weigh 115-117 pounds..am i overweight?
Additional Details
i am 5'4 ft ...

If someone called you fat would you?
a) Get there as* in a bear trap
b) Donate to charity
c) Go eat your troubles away
d) O...

I'm so hungry right now... should I binge and vomit or take laxatives?
i want cheeseburgers, 10 of them and french fries!...

How much weight do you lose if you don't eat for a few days.?
And the only think you did is drink water?!
Additional Details
I understand i'd gain it back, but would if i started to eat ...

Is moldy bread OK to eat?

If someone is desprately trying to lose weight, do you think they should turn to anorexia?

Am I Overweight? Just Curious?
Hi, this is Emma on my cousin's yahoo.

I am 13 years old, weigh 142. I am 5'6.

Am I overweight, just curious. and a little self-concious.

Thanks =]
A...

Can i lose 10 pounds in one month and a half?
Hi, im 14 and i do 8 miles every day but not in a row.
I eat wright too.
Im over weight and i need to lose at least 10 pounds or more.
Is it possible for me to loos that much weight ...

I diet coke bad for you??
is diet coke bad for u and does it really slow down ur metabolism? like i am a 13 year old dancer and i weigh 106 pounds. so would it really be bad for me to drink it if it does?...

Am i overweight?
Hi im 5' 4 1/2" and i weigh 123 lbs. am i overweight?...

How old do you think is acceptable to go out drinking?
im fifteen and almost every week i get totally wrecked
everyone says our group are pissheads and i kinda agree but alot of people are doing it!

confused.com!...

Rainbeau
Does smoking help you lose weight - HONESTLY?

Marv
Rating
it slightly increases matebalism.... but then your body puts on twice the amount you decreased.

so no. and in the process your dieing faster.

Darin D
It's a fact that smoking is a stimulant. Stimulants increase your metabolism and it decreases your appetite. But it's not going to do any good for how you look. Even if you do lose weight your skin wont be healthy and wont be able to shrink. It'll create mass cellulite. Also, when you stop, because of medical problems later down the road, you will end up worse off than when you started. Just be yourself, if you're a little overweight thats fine. You don't need to be thin to be healthy. It would be good to go do some cardio, that's the best way to lose weight. And stuff called "Isopure" protein. 0 carbs and tons of protein so you can help your body react to the increase in physical activity.

Good luck :)

jessicka
Rating
its an appetite suppressant, so it will suppress your appetite for a while.

but i smoke, and it actually helps me keep my weight up lol.
im super skinny, and when i stopped for a bout a month, i lost weight.

Tarzan P
Rating
No not at all.

kelly g
smoking dose kill the apatite so dose not make you want to eat much but i would rather eat healthy than kill my self with smoking

Deba
Never! smoking doesn't help to lose weight.
http://express-press-release.com/28/Learn%20The%20Advantages%20And%20Disadvantages%20Of%20Smoking%20And%20How%20To%20Quit.php

Lesley
Rating
Probably not, but it`s why I started smoking. No-one in my family smoked, but I looked at people (celebs etc) who did, and they all were very thin... Don`t start, it`s not worth it.

PrivateEternity
Rating
dnt go down tht road!!

my already uber skinny mate tried it n shes now gettin treated with really bad asthma and all sorts!!!

sooooo bad!! dnt smoke at all!! i tried it n its not worth it tbh

D.W
Rating
It suppresses you appetite, there are no proven effects otherwise of helping you slim.

Carimel due w/#2 01/30/09
Rating
well maybe but wouldn't you rather be fat than have lung cancer?

Alipatta
Honestly, NO.
It'll give you all sorts of nasty diseases though. And, if you do take it up, you'll get fat when you decide to quit because you'll snack to keep your hands busy. Take it from a fat, experienced old-time smoker - don't start for that reason.

kt
no, it doesnt help you lose weight. if you are already a smoker and stop smoking, you will eat more food to fill the void. you will not eat less if you begin smoking, you will wind up eating more when and if you can quit. if makes excersize harder, because its harder to breathe. forget about jogging, speed walking, or running. and it does not at all speed up your metabolism, it just has small traces of caffiene in it. and as we all know, taking a sip of coffee doesnt make you metabolism work faster.

Dave V
yeah but their are major bad side effects

♥ || Brown Eyed Girl || ♥
Not really. I know very heavy ppl who smoke. If it did, woudln't they be thinner?

Troll Bouncing Tigger
It helps to suppress your appetite and makes your taste buds less effective.... not a good method of weight loss though as it can kill you! I rather have a few extra pounds and live longer which is why I gave up!

Mark S
yes

republican08
Rating
No, smoking leads to more health problems, cardiovascular, vascular, and weight issues. A well balanced diet and exercise is the way to go. You don't want to start smoking and cause more problems than just weight. You don't want lung cancer do you?

ftumpsh
Rating
it does supress hunger it also increase your metabolic rate so yes it does help you lose weight however its the nastiest habit and is very hard to give up.........

cobra
Rating
No

makepumpstwo
Rating
No, its only when you stop smoking you put the weight on but starting smoking doesn't make you lose it.

flikapotamus
Rating
nope its a myth, when smoker stop smoking they usally feel a little lost so they eat more. hence the thinking that when you were smoking you loose weight.

banjaxed
I was recently dianosed with esophegeal cancer....NO JOKE....I smoked for years

I blame it mostly on the cigarettes and have quit since my diagnosis 3 weeks ago

Is it really worth that to be skinny

Don't ever pick them up ....they are cancer sticks

My prognosis is Good for long term survival but only due to early detection

Take care

ny
sure, and so does cancer. Say, develop lung cancer and you will lose a lot of weight.

Michael L
In a way, you could argue that it does. Nicotine (the main component of cigarettes) is an appetite-suppressant, but in a 'roundabout' way.

The intake of cigarette smoke releases adrenaline into the body, raising your blood pressure and heart rate. It also releases all excess glucose into your bloodstream, which in effect raises your blood sugar level. This increase in blood sugar is what really curbs your appetite.

This does come with a LOT of negative health risks, however. Nicotine in your bloodstream will increase your cholesterol and work towards hardening and clogging your arteries. Aside from cancer, this is perhaps the biggest risk to your health from smoking.

Grin Reeper
Rating
not really you just gain weight you quit smoking... because food is a substitute for the cigarette

shellovescharlie
Rating
Dont do it. yeh you'll lose weight when ur a skeleton. (dead)

Tyler H
Rating
sort of it does in a bad way

Heidi's Mummy
Rating
No - there are plenty of fat smokers. Don't start it's not worth it!

Just eat a healthy balanced diet and take regular exercise.

Kemodo 344â„¢
its proven that you get less hungry when you smoke, anything else depends on the person

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy