Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I think im becoming less attracted to my boyfriend, what do i do?
First things first, i still love him.
We have only been going out about 5 months, to begin with he wasn't my usual type at all, but his charm and cheekiness got me!
Then somewhere ...

I need help with groceries?
I am going to meet my fiancé parents in December and I need to loose weight, I decided to start eating better and exercising and today I will be going to buy some food for the weak if you have any ...

14year old desperately needs help...depressing...?
Hello everyone. I am a 14 year old female, and my birthday is in 20 days. I weigh 200 pounds, and am only 5'4. I really want to loose weight to gain a little more self confidence but I don...

What body type am I?
Which one of these am I? I really dont know so heres my pic:

http://i149.photobucket.
1. Slim/Slender
2. Athletic
3. Average
4. S...

My mom thinks I'm going anorexic...?
And I told her that I wake up, get ready, and sit. I sit on a bus all the way to school where I sit in a desk. Then I walk to the lunchroom where I sit and eat a peanut butter sandwhich, 5 or 10 baby ...

Am I working out too much?
I jog 45 minutes on the treadmill in the morning before breakfast..then 3 hours after breakfast I run 1-2 more miles. Then in the evening an hour or two after dinner I powerwalk on the treadmill for 4...

Why are so many Americans overweight?

Why am i so skinny, even thought i eat a lot?

Additional Details
my moms not skinny, and my dads just average, my sis is average, and so are my other ...

Why are there so many overweight people?
I have never had a problem with being overweight. I don't diet, and I seldom ever exercise. Yet, I don't seem to gain very much weight. Doctors claim that 60 percent of Americans are ...

How can I lose 10lbs and have a flat stomach over summer???
I'm 5" and I weigh 102lbs! I REALLY wanna lose a little weight, even tho most of you guys are gonna say that is a healthy weight. I also need a flat stmach so I can look good in a swimsuit! ...

Anyone know of any drinks that'll help you maintain weight?
I was just wondering if perhaps anyone knows of any drinks that'll help you maintain weight. I DO NOT want to gain any weight, just something to drink to substitute a meal.

I know ...

I'm 140 lbs. and I'm 5'4". Is that overweight?
I used to dance and cheerlead professionally for a football team and since I have a new career I haven't had time to workout near as much. I feel fine but everyone keeps reminding me on how good ...

What is the best way to burn 800 calories?
any exercises except swimming or running

What are the easiest and cheapest changes that I can make to my diet to improve my long term health?

I eat a lot and don't get fat why is that?
okii like i can eat 24/7 and never get fat like i do move much cause im 14 and have PE and stuff but im skinny and dont get fat and my friends always say im lucky and they ask me why i dont get fat ...

Ummmmm i need to cut back on some pounds!!! HELP!!!?
im pretty sure im over weight
but im a teen and i have been dieting for a while now and NOTHING is working
ive been eating healthier, going on a walk every day with my dog, i do dance ...

Why can't I lose weight?!?
I'm eating 1500 cals a day, exercising (running, walking or jogging) near enough every day and weight training 3-4 times a week... i've been doing this for 4-5 weeks now and i've ...

Is Tylonel PM addictive?
I take tylonel pm ALOT. because

1.) i cannot sleep at night.
2.) i like the feeling it gives me, like a slower out of reality.

i only weigh 93 pounds, and i started ...

Guess what im eating?
i am eating a fruit what am i eating?
Additional Details
keep guessing coffe gurl get of the question then....

I have been gaining weight like crazy...how do i make it stop?
I have had an emotional roller coaster going on in my life and i have gained 22lbs. How do controll my eating problems?...

lip_gloss.and_black
Does smoking cigarettes make you lose weight or gain?
Answer please.

KANNAN P
Rating
reduce

Steph!
Rating
It makes you lose weight, but if your trying to lose weight I wouldn't recomend that.. when you quit smoking you gain alot...

postrockalypse
Rating
Smoking cigarettes should make you lose weight.

a) It will boost your metabolism, causing you to burn calories faster.

b) You probably won't be eating while you are smoking.

c) Since smoking kills your sense of taste, you won't be wanting to eat as much.

d) Walking outside for a smoke break will give you exercise.

wristcutter
They reduce apetite ,that's for sure. Although by smoking you may not necessarily lose weight ,quitting will definetely make you gain weight.

Timeflo
it is supposed to supress your appetite and cause you to lose weight. But, I found that during my 20 years of smoking that it did neither and I gained and lost weight based on what I was eating and what exercise i was doing.

ceanji
Rating
i think it makes you gain weight.. just imagine all those nicotine and tar inside your lungs.. they pile up,covers and weighs your lungs down... but you will lose weight once your lungs collapse because of emphysema... when that happens you wouldn't have to worry whether it will add weight or not... because you'll be dead by then. so it's better not smoke at all...

abdel
smoking cigarettes make you even fatter

georgiabanksmartin
Rating
You lose more weight when smoking because you don't eat mindlessly as much but when you stop you tend to eat more and gain weight

yeah!!!
Rating
I used to smoke and when I quit I gained a bunch of weight so dont pick it up you'll regret it.

bassanio
I think that the below website will help you to find the right solution.
Source(s):
http://www.healthopts.com

misty_dawn1100
Rating
Alot of people lose weight when they gain cigarettes, but it doesn't have anything to do with the cigarettes, it's just because their hands and mouths are busy and they don't eat as much.

mannequin
Lose. But that's because the body's falling sick but the mind thinks it's cooooool.

Sherlock
I lost a LOT of weight using this sites' help:
Try It

http://www.loseweight.anonymite.com

Hope This Info Helps
Cheers

The Man in the Hat
Smoking tends to depress the appetite but it is a very unsafe 'weight loss method'!

In the long run, you will certainly lose weight ... either when your body dies a painful and early death and you rot in the grave or when you have a large tumour removed!

It's your choice!

KayKay
neither...it just ruins your lungs!
Some people smoke instead of eating and that hurts your body as well

Cybele
Rating
Women have used smoking for the longest time to suppress their appetites and speed up their metabolism. However starting smoking usually doesn't make you lose weight. That's why my mom started 30 years ago and it took her 10 years to quit. Usually, women continue to smoke so that they won't gain weight, but quitting smoking usually results in a small weight gain

Pegasus90
Rating
From what I understand, smoking cigarettes will help keep your metabolism from gaining weight, as long as you eat sensibly and not overdo on sugar and other high glycemic foods. However, smoking will not help you lose weight, and you may gain if you quit. Smoking, due to the other side effects, cannot be recommended as a weight loss or gain program.

Brian A
Depends. If you get cancer the pounds will just melt away. If you only get emphysema then your reduced mobility will probably cause you to gain.

ann
Rating
yes it does it makes people nervous and you're smoking instead of eating. you never heard of the model diet, a coke and cigarette? of course there is that nasty side effect; death.

Janis
Rating
Neither. it kills you

Adam S
If you're thinking about losing weight through smoking, I strongly suggest you don't do so.

Cigarette smoking kills, there are cooler ways to die. =)

vpsinbad50
Sure does . Not only that , it causes premature wrinkles , makes your fingers and the nails tobacco yellow , and causes , a stink in your hair clothes and breath . Yellows your teeth and oh , one more thing ., causes lung cancer , Now that's when you really will be skinny . Laying in bed , gasping for breath , hip bones , rib cage , collar bone, knees , ankles , and spine jutting out ... Now that's skinny !!!!

meritonpajaziti
Rating
smoking makes one lose wheight, or at least not gain wheight as much as if one is a non-smoker. From my personal experience as a smoker and from what I've read on the topic, it's so because the cigarettes firstly: supress the appetite, and secondly, because the nicotine accelerates the metabolism. Not healthy? yeap, I agree...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, April 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy