Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I overweight?
91 pounds.
5"3.
Female.
I wear a size 12 in kids, I just feel so fat, because all my friends are bones, they are all like 80 or 70 pounds, and they are still going on ...

Painful Ankles from Running?
I recently started to go running 2 or 3 times weekly, but i have not be able to go since saturday because my ankles are really painful, it hurts just to walk, they feel really weak at the joint. Can ...

If i just eat lunch and drink water all day will i lose weight?

My boss is sabotaging my diet?
I started working in a very small office over a year ago....and of course I gained 15 pounds, and I'm getting "office butt"...so I've started dieting and things are going well. H...

This is a question for the men*?
Would you mind in any way, or be sad if your girlfriend could not eat sugar? I cannot and i am very self-consious about it...

i know its stupid? maybe not?...

Am I too skinny?
Sorry no picture to provide you with, but here is the bottom line.
Both of my parents were skinny when they were teenagers and now I am skinny. I eat a lot and have an insanely fast metabolism. T...

Can i get a six pack in a day?
Im not overwieght 116pounds and 6foot 2in
if i do 50000crunhes and run25...

Im overweight and one of my friends is going on a NO SODA diet.......should i try it??

What's a good sport/ excersize for the legs?
Just tell me. Best answer earns points. Nothing stupid like ballet....

PLEASE ANSWER: Why is it so hard not to eat all dayyyy?
I am 13. I am 5"2, and I weigh 116 pounds ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I am a gymnast, and workout 5 hours a day, 5days a week.
I try so hard not to eat all day, i normally have about 1000 ...

I'm 14, not very tall (about 5 ft.1in), 126 lbs. am i fat?

Is it safe for a 12 year old girl to go vegetarian?

What kind of Milk do you drink? Why?
Persionally i drink 1% milk because i find that skimmed has no taste and 2% is to thick. What about you?...

I am 13 and 5 feet two and weight 107pounds am i fat?
tell me the truth because i really wanna know because swim suit seaosn is coming and i really wanna get in shape....

How do you tell someone in a nice way they are fat?

Honest opinions. Good body? fat? chubby?
height: 5'1 1/2around
weight: 115
other measurments(bust,waist, hips): 34-26-36
approx US size 4.

i know people say size 4 isnt' fat, but you ...

Am i overweight? Am I really that fat?
I am 5'4'' and my weight is about 135 pounds.
I have a little tummy
but my best friends always make fun of my "chubby ness"
she says i need to lose weight big ...

I've had 42 cups of tea today. Has anyone ever had more than that in one day?
Also how do I go about getting something like that in the Guiness?...

Would you honest female's answer this.?
Do you know why there is a food shortage in Veg food.
I will tell you.
"you fat treehuggers eat all the greenery"...

Im 15, 125 lbs, and 5'5". My mom is 5'3", dad is 5'6". does this mean i wont grow anymore?
i still want to grow so i can play varsity basketball really ...

tlkp05
Does holding in your stomach for 10 seconds, very tightly, 8 to 10 times, help flatten your stomach?
Because of a neck condition, I cannot do regular sit-ups.

slender1
Ive read this before. As to it being true Im not sure.

Barry G
Rating
yes if you do this in heavy repetitions it could help with your abs

Jamie, FNP
Rating
yes

beach bum
well than get a cruncher the ones on tv they work

~
Rating
I know today is get your butt to lifetime fitness day, a great oppurtunity to get membership with a great price you can afford. Make Sure you get in today before 9pm to see an advisor for a great advantage. Even for you corporations, get in and see about a Corp discount today for you and your employees.
www.lifetimefitness.com

dbarnes3
Rating
Any exercise that you do to tighten those tummy muscles should help firm them up. Keep at it. :o)

hi
Try some useful weight loss tips and more on this to help you with it

scooby doo
Rating
Well, technically yes because constant contraction of the stomach muscles (abs) helps flatten the stomach and consequently reveal your abs. Holding your stomach tightly is a way of contracting your stomach muscles but cannot produce the tension needed on your stomach muscles to give you the flat stomach you want. So the best and the only dependable way is to do your crunches (not the old fashioned way but with equipment).

baghmom
A model once told me that holding in your stomach regularly will flatten the stomach.
I was told consciously try to do it at all times; eventually it will become habit. It does train the muscles of the abdomen.

Creature of the Dark
Rating
If you hold your stomach in regularly, eventually you'll be able to strengthen those muscles and hold your stomach in all the time.

Thin Kaboudit
Rating
This will help exercise your stomach muscles and perhaps make them stronger, but ironically that may make your stomach bigger, not smaller...

Someone
Rating
Nope, sorry. Try doing pull-ups or some other type of exercise.

smoothshirl1
Rating
I'm not sure if it would help but it couldn't hurt.Any exercise is better than none ,so keep it up!

professortvz
Yes, absolutely. It is an excelent exercise. Also recomended for lower back problems.

Keke Shawty♥
yeah in thoery world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... theory makes no sense right!!!

?
Rating
It doesn't hurt but it doesn't help a whole lot either. Well, it is better than doing nothing. If that is all you can do then do it.

black jack
No, try lying on your back with your legs stretched out. Now bring your knees up toward your waist, keep repeating but you don't have to put your your legs all of the way down. If this hurts your neck stop.

whataboutbob
No, but if it makes you feel better tighten away!

My♥Human♥Is♥My♥Slave
It won't flatten your stomach since only fat loss can do that, but if you make it a habit of holding in your stomach whenever you're standing or walking, you'll develope stronger stomach muscles. Stronger stomach muscles will make your stomach look flatter and improves posture too. Remember, if you have a lot of belly fat, no amount of muscles will make it look flatter. Only weightloss will. I've been holding my stomach in for so long that it's automatic. I'm not even aware of it most of the time. I'm a female with a 6 pack and I don't do any situps. Unfortunately, 10 seconds is only a start. You need to learn to do it all the time.

nighunter
No... In fact, thats really stupid.

Do cardio to lose the weight.

lauralily86
Yes, it can but only if you do other ab exercises as well.

For the exercise you mentioned:
Sit straight up in a chair, relax stomach muscles as you inhale, and then quickly exhale and draw your abs in...hold for a count of eight and repeat for two sets of ten.

Another exercises:
Sit up straight on the edge of a chair with your hands firmly gripped on the sides of the chair. Keeping your back as straight as you can, draw your knees up and inhale...hold for a few counts...exhale and drop your knees.

Hope this helps!!!!

creampie2008
i don't think so

*AMY*
I wouldn't think so!!

tinkerbell
I HEARD THAT IT DOES.

Man of Steel
No.

lpslc
Rating
If you do it often it should help.

Excite
It can help but you should do it more than just 8 to 10 times

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy