Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Do I need to loose wieght?
I know a lot of people ask this question, but I want to know (from a professional please) if I have too much body fat for my age and height. I am 15 years old and 5 feet and about 4 or 5 inches tall. ...

Does starving yourself help you lose weight and excersing when your done keep weight off?
starving your self whiles exercising goelp you lose ...

Join the Gym, or run/jog/walk?
should i join the gym

or should i just try to jog around the block once a day?

if i jog or walk around the neighbor hood, how often should i do it and how long? i grow tired ...

I'm15 1/2 and 6' 1" and i weight 160 pounds?
I'm skinny, but i wanna gain muscle any tips?...

What's the point in dieting?
Sure looking good is all nice and everything but you are not happy when dieting. No. Think about it, you are not happy. Wouldn't you rather eat whatever you want instead of eating in ...

I am 40 stone and cant lose any weight - Do you think I should just stop trying and keep eating?

Got any good weight loss tips?
I need them fast!
Additional Details
I am on a diet now I need to know how to exersie....

Is it better to be Skinny or Muscler?

Does anyone know if you can get low calorie bread?
This probably sounds silly, but im trying to loose weight, im not far off my goal, and im starting to get cravings and hunger spells, i usually go for a bread based snack, like toast or a sandwich, i ...

What diet worked for you?
I'm a college student and going on Spring Break in about a month. I was wanting to lose about 10 lbs before we go. What diet advice do you have? Besides eating healthy and exercising what else ...

How can i lose weight FAST?
i need to lose weight really fast r there ne diet pills or fad diets that actually work i just cannot lose weight no matter how hard i try and its really getting me down i need help ...

WHAT TO DO you do if YOUR FRIEND IS TRYING TO BE BULMIC AND WANTS YOU TOO BE IT TOO??
HELP!! WE ONLY DO IT AT SCHOOL NEVER AT HOME WHAT SHOULD I DO... NOTHING HAS ACCTUALLY COME UP WHEN WE HAVE TRIED IT WHATS WRONG WITH US?...

Do people just want to be thin to look good for others?
i think so. Its not about being healthy anymore but being thin that ...

What are some foods that help increase energy?

What is the best way to lose weight fast like 35lbs in a 3 months?

What is the best thing to eat to lose weight?
i am 10 years ...

Help me please?
i really want to lose weigh tbu ti don't like working out and i love junk food. what can i do?
Additional Details
and i'm also 14 and in 7th grade ...

Working out makes me so hungry, I always end up gaining weight. How can I avoid this?
I know that working out can also make you gain MUSCLE weight, and that's not what I'm talking about. But when I start working out, I am RAVENOUSLY hungry all the time. I eat way more ...

If alot of fat people are fat because of illness, why dont you get fat people in the 3rd world?

Additional Details
white plu dont you understand the question you dozy c**t....

Am i fat???
i weigh anywhere between 92.5 - 95.5.
i am 5-1 and 1/2
i was just wondering because my sister calls me a fatty and a pig.
hmmm
please answer!!!...

ashley<3
Does chewing gum help you burn calories?

Rating
No, but it gives you cancer

Joe
Rating
it gives you cavaties but idk about burning calories.

naz wants to bite you
Rating
proven too
but if you bang your head on the wall straight for 30 minutes you can burn upto 120 calories. more calories burned and more brain cells lost. dumb and skinny. nice way to go .. right?

baseballboy64116@sbcglobal.net
Rating
No

F
yes, about 5 calories for 10 hours of chewing...

Libby
No.

itskiller
Yes, and blowing bubbles burns more! But not very many. ; (

cazza
Rating
i don't think so..

キングダム�ーツ
Rating
IDK, good question, but it does help prevent headaches, cause more blood will go to your head...

a_life
Yes.

As does sleeping.

holly123
Yes, it's only like 12 calories an hour though.

Michael
Rating
no but scienctist has proven u get more smarter by chewing gum while take a test

Jess ツ
Very little. Probably 10 to 12 calories per hour. It helps you curb hunger, though. Keep in mind that a piece of gum itself is usually 5 calories.

lisa
idk, but i dont think so...

i cant see how it would burn thems ince your only moving your jaws, maybe it prevents the addition of calories since your chewing rather than stuffing your face.

Bec1988
A sedentary person who fidgets is fitter then a sedentary person who doesn't. So yeah it does, but there are better ways to burn calories.

JonI
Rating
everything ur body does needs energy, from respiration.

therefore chewing gum, like anything, will burn calories.

however it is such un-intensive exercise it will not "help".

Think Pink
Rating
Yes, while chewing gum you can burn 11 calories an hour.

So if you're looking to loose a lot of calories, I'd chew gum while working out!

Hope this helps!

Marc Wojo
Rating
yes but not enough,, every thing you do burns calories depends on how much of everything you do and how hard it is

Inspector Detector
Rating
Your own body burns calories. Chewing gum actually burns more calories than you ingest from the gum.

Here’s some great ways to burn extra calories:

1. Eat more fruits like apples and berries. They contain a chemical called pectin which slows down the body's capacity to absorb other foods - including fat.

2. Eating soybeans three times a week will also have the same effect.

3. Eat more fibrous foods. These will help reduce the amount of fatty cholesterol in your blood and also help to prevent your body from absorbing cholesterol. They fill you up quicker too.

4. Lettuce, horseradish and radish are rich in magnesium and iron, which actually help speed up the metabolism and also have fat-dissolving properties.

5. Brussels sprouts and tomatoes stimulate the pancreas and kidney to flush out the waste matter and thus cleanse body cells.

6. Eat 3 portions of low-fat dairy foods. Research form the National Dairy Council has shown that 3 portions of high-calcium food can speed up your metabolism.

7. Your body uses up more calories to digest whole foods than it does for highly processed ones. Lean protein from solid foods uses up the most energy - go for chicken or turkey breast, very lean red meat, various types of fish or egg whites. Leans proteins also help decrease your appetite.

NB: In a study published in the British Journal of Nutrition in 2005, researchers divided a group of 113 overweight subjects who had just finished a calorie-controlled diet into a protein group or a control group for a 6-month weight maintenance program. The protein group was given an extra 30 grams of protein per day on top of their usual diet, yet this group was LESS likely to regain the lost weight. The results were put down to more energy being used in digesting the extra protein, plus a decrease in appetite.

8. Eat celery to bulk out your meals. It is so low in calories that you actually burn up more crunching your way through it than you gain when it hits your stomach!

9. Drink iced water. Your body burns up calories heating up the water to body temperature. By drinking 8 glasses a day, you should burn around 70 calories.

10. Eat Spicy Food. Some research shows that Spices, especially chili, can raise the metabolic rate by 5 - 8 percent for as long as three hours after you've eaten.

I_Have_all_the_answers...
Rating
no. there are probably more calories in the gum than you are actually burning.

Ruby D.
Rating
I can't say that it actually burn calories, but I do know for me, it takes my mind off food. I eat when I'm bored and if I put a stick of gum in my mouth, it helps me not put cookies, chips and stuff like that I don't need.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy