Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How much water should I drink daily?
I am a 17 year old guy who weights about 130 pounds....

Doing pushups and lifting weights bad for a 14 year old?
I'm 14 years old and i lift weights and do pushups every other day. I do sets of 50 throughout the day randomly and i do a few bicep curls before bed. I take a break for a day, then repeat.

Whats your height and weight?
also how old are you? i'm just wondering where i fit in
Additional Details
i'm a 26 yr old woman, 5'8", 170lbs...i'm trying to lose 30 lbs..i guess your gender ...

How bad is potassium for you?
I eat lean cuizine's on a daily basis and although the NEW ones dont have any more preservatives... They have alot of potassium and sodium... I excersize every day (except for thursdays). Will ...

Will this work?
I currently weight 140lbs. I want to lose about 30lbs. ALOT of my weight is in my chest. I am going to start a diet tomorrow, going vegetarian. No meats, or dairy except for yogurt. and fruits, and ...

How can I reduce my weight?

What is the best way to reduce my pot belly as soon as possible??

Am I overweight or fat?
I'm 12, 5'3 and 125 pounds. D: If I am how much Weight do I have to lose?...

I lost 250lbs. in one day. How? First right ans. wins.?!!?

Additional Details
There is only ONE correct answer!...

Why do obese people eat at buffets?

Additional Details
boris, you're an idiot.
Not everyone becomes obese because they eat at buffets... maybe you ...

If I have been on a low carb diet for a few months, and eat one donut will it really hurt me?

How can i get really strong?

I'm only 5ft 3 I feel so short!! Girls - how tall r u?
For instance I know this american girl called amber, she's 13, but 5ft 8 tall, and I'm shorter than almost everyone, but my mum says she's looked on as tall..why has this changed do ...

Make a prediction? (Yes) (No) (Maybe) Will you gain or lose weight by the end of 2007?

What can I do when I feel like I'm starving?
while ...

Hi, weight question 4 women 10 points!?
Hi im 5 foot 6 140 pounds, age 17, and i need ways to lose weight by bikini time so please help i need ways to lose belly weight please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

What is the most you've ever weighted?

Does taking iron supplements turn your wee bright yellow?
not wishing to be crude but I have just been to the loo and it was bright yellow - I am concerned that this is related to the iron supplements that I have been taking......

Does carrot cake count towards your five a day?

What is the best way to lose weight safely?
i really want to lose weight and want to know what is the best way to do ...

surfmerrick24
Does cereal actually make you fat??.. There is not much fat content in "Capt. Crunch" and " Pops"

flawless51
Fat content isn't what'll make you fat - calorie content is.
1 gram of fat = 9 calories
1 gram of carbohydrates = 4 calories
1 gram of protein = 4 calories

I can't imagine that cereal being fattening...it probably just has a lot of sugar(carbs), and other than that it's probably filled mostly with air. No need to worry, you'd have to eat tons of that stuff to get fat I suppose.

lucky
true, but cereal usually contains a lot of carbohydrates(sugars), that can turn into fat

choose cereals with no sugar or reduced sugar

Devmeister
Not if You're eating a healthy balanced diet and getting regular exercise.

Tneciter
Yes they can make you very fat, especially if you overeat. Remember that they contain sugar and you also add milk to the cereal, which has lots of fat also....KECK

vanamont7
Na. It's the ton of sugar you'll wind up dumping in there Saturday morning watching cartoons.

Claudia
It isn't just fat that makes you fat. It is also SUGAR! And most "kiddie" cereals, like the ones you mentioned, are loaded with sugar. Try a sugar free cereal like special K or cornflakes and add some splenda.

cinqsou
Rating
You are young & probably they will not hurt you but they are very high in sugar. A healthy cereal would be lower in the suger & high in fiber, like mini wheats, cherrios. The concern about childhood diabetes is linked to the high sugar contents in these products.

barbara
Rating
The problem with most foods has more to do with the nutrition to calorie ratio than with the content. Foods that are high in fat or sugar as opposed to the nutritional value tend to cause weight gain. Most children's cereals are high in sugar and other simple carbs and thus meet this criteria. A whole grain,low sugar cereal is a better choice.

Sunflower
Rating
Love cereal and ate it while losing weight as long as it fit within my calorie count. However, they are addictive for me so sometimes I do without. Keep in mind the following when losing weight:

Diets and changing your eating to healthy food choices can work but because we know so little about ourselves and our relationship with food, it makes it difficult to win the battle. A lot of us have problems with dieting because we have a problem called "emotional eating" we eat to comfort ourselves during difficult, stressful, sad, etc times in our lives.

You may experience all those emotions during dieting as we continuously get on the scale hoping to see a big difference in numbers after dieting only for a day or two. Also what is stressful when dieting is that we try to lose a large number of weight in such a short period of time which in most cases is unreasonable.

This all brings about stress, discomfort and sadness. When we feel this way, we turn to our best friend for help and support which for many of us is food. The diet is now broken and we feel that we can't stick to diets. We then try fad diet after fad diet hoping to lose the original 20 pounds and now we may have as much as 30 pounds to lose because we continue to put on weight as we continue to break these fad diets by binging before starting our next diet.

Please learn about your relationship with food before your next diet so that you may achieve your goals. To help a little, keep in mind the following:

You already know how to lose weight. You know that if you eat less and exercise more eventually you’ll see the pounds come off. What’s getting in your way? Why do you usually regain the weight you lost? The answer to all these questions is the same “Emotional Eating.” Simply defined, emotional eating means you eat to satisfy emotional hunger; it means you use food for comfort or as a way to cope with life; and it means you eat for reasons other than what your body needs. Whenever you reach for a boredom-breaking snack despite your commitment, or whenever you eat to quell anxiety, that’s emotional eating. Whenever you binge after a fight, or double up on portions because your day turned sour, that’s emotional eating. Whenever you feel that sharp craving for your favorite food, that’s emotional eating. When we eat during these times while on a diet, we believe the diet doesn’t work or that we lack self control and then look for the quickest way to lose weight (fasting/diet pills, ect) after eating all we can since we already messed the diet day up. Read the information below but remember that emotional eating plays a big part in why we don’t continue dieting and why we regain lost weight and why we binge today and start a new diet tomorrow. Best of Luck.

P.S. After learning about my relationship with food, I was able to drop my weight from 263 pounds down to 151 pounds which is a 112 pound weight lost.

hodagsimm
Rating
It's loaded with sugar and your body turns sugar into fat. Perhaps Cheerios??

Aspettami28
Rating
have oatmeal instead

Levi
Rating
It depends which milk you're using

glen
Not terribly. I would suggest using 2% milk, rice dream or soy milk. Those cereals are loaded w/sugar and carbs, which will turn to fat if it is not being used by the body.

*babydoll*
Rating
I don't eat cereal. I'm losing weight. I wonder if there's a corelation?

Aliz
Rating
But there is a lot of sugar in them and sugar has a lot of calories, therefore you can put on weight if you don't do something to burn them off.

hot_tamale962
Rating
cereal can make you fat as a pig. infact wheat and rice and corn is used to fatten hogs.

Thanks for the Yahoo Jacket
It's all the carbs that processed grains have that makes you fat.

Coach

The 13th Sign
Rating
Nope. Eat all you want, you won't even have to worry much.

Babydoll
if you eat like 5 boxes a day

purdue_softball12
No I dont think so. Only if it has lots of sugar and you eat it all the time.

Timothy W
It's not the fat per se in breakfast cereal that's the culprit - it's the tons of refined sugar.

The sugar represents an enormous caloric intake, which in our typical sedentary lifestyles isn't metabolized by physical activity - and is then stored as fat.

This is also true of typical soft drinks, as well as white bread, pasta, white rice - any kind of simple carb that is quickly converted by the body to sugar, and if not metabolized by activity, then gets stored by the body as inventory - fat tissue.

Best to you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy