Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i fat???
i weigh anywhere between 92.5 - 95.5.
i am 5-1 and 1/2
i was just wondering because my sister calls me a fatty and a pig.
hmmm
please answer!!!...

How do people achieve a very flat stomach ? (without doing sit ups ...)?

Additional Details
running ..? no offence but i don't feel running helps .... it just train my legs rather than tummy ......

How much do you weigh?

Me anorexic? -10 lbs. in 1 week?
Ok, so, I just wanted to ask an outer source. How do I know if I've gone too far, and when have i crossed that line that i didn't want to cross into an eating disorder? All my friends say ...

My pants are loser my face is thinner, but I don't seem to lose any weight, why?
I've been swimming 1.5 km daily for some months now. Everyone tells me how much I've lost weight, how much my face is thinner, all my pants are looser; I need to buy new pants 'coz ...

Is my size normal for a girl my age?
im 12 turning 13 at the end of this year.
im 5" 1'.
i weigh 117.
is it because im asian?
or is it just the way it is?

please be honest.
like hardcore ...

I am just 14 and i weigh 65 help me loose weight?
i want to loose weight so that iwill be glamourous.is there any tablets for that purpose and if tell me name and timings to use.
iam ready to do zym but one fear is taht i wont grow ie my ...

If i drink loads of beer on a night is it true?
that you will burn all the beer calories off the next day by doing lots of crunches and pushups or biking for 30 ...

Im 11 and i think im fat on my thighs (ahh) i weigh 125 wat i do?

Additional Details
plus im 5"1' and a ...

How fast can I lose 50-60 pounds?
I'm a very active person. I play tennis and volleyball after school every day along with doing 1 hour to 1 hour 1/2 dance routines at night. What is the best way to lose 50-60 pounds fast? And ...

I am trying to cut out junk food but love it too much.?
When I get a craving for it, what techniques can I use to stop myself??...

How much should a 13 year old weigh if they are 5'1"????
It's not for me, but greatly appreciated
=]...

Am i overweight?
i am almost 13 and i am about 5'4'' and i weight like 150. Don't be nice just yes or no. if yes (most likely) could you give me some things i could do to lose some?? I am also in ...

Are low calorie yoghurts fattening?
i love yoghurts and i have them all the time but are they really fattening?...

How can I get out of P.E.?
Yes, I am lazy....

Im 13 lost alot of weight and ive just blacked out !! but i feel fat what do i do !!?
Hey im laura im 13 over the last few weeks ive starved myself i feel so fat people call me fat ive lost alot of weight and im starting to like how i look but i cant stop what im doing ive just ...

Tell me the easiest & fastest way to put on weight???
I'm sixteen, terribly Handsome, but the only drawback I have is my Weight 55kgs which isn't matching my Height 5'9'' (five feet nine inches) Kindly let me know some useful ...

How can I get more muscle in my legs?
and arms and how can I get great ...

I'm a thin vegetarian male, whats the best way for me to gain muscle without having to eat meat?
I'm 30 years old, 6ft with a 30" in wist which I want to keep but how do I bulk up on muscle on my chest, arms and legs without eating loads of meat? I go to the gym for about 2 hours 3 ...

Is drinking water bad? water weight?
I heard drinking water is good and that drinking alot of water can help yu looe weight, but then whats water weight? So do I gain weight drinking water?...

rach_b_2003
Does anyone know if you can get low calorie bread?
This probably sounds silly, but im trying to loose weight, im not far off my goal, and im starting to get cravings and hunger spells, i usually go for a bread based snack, like toast or a sandwich, i always used brown wholemeal bread but its still on average just under 100 calories per slice, i want to know if you can buy low calorie bread, im in the uk? thanks.

Voluble
Rating
Bread is just flour and water with yeast. Make it yourself and restrict the portion size.

Alternatively, try making pancakes. The portions are small if you make them very thin. Egg, flour and water.

Make your own jam without any sugar. Just fruit and water. Blackcurrents are best as they have high levels of pectin and so will still be quite runny, but will be very tasty!

death.onastick
calories = energy
bread = carbohydrate = strings of glucose molecules

glucose = C6H12O6

C6H12O6+6O2goes to 6H2O+6CO2 + Energy

Eating bread gives you calories. If you want low caloies, eat celery, which takes more energy to digest than it gives you, BUT gives a sensation of fullness.

munkydogg
M&S do low calorie bread in their Count on us range

annie
warbatons do one

and there is another one called nimble

Sadie
Sara Lee makes a great kind of bread called Delightful. It is 90 calories for 2 slices and comes in whole wheat, white, and I think whole grain too.

cookedermott
you can make your own just dont add flour or butter

Ian :-)
I used to work as a baker and a woman used to come to us and ask us to make a loaf that was over prooved.
That meant that we would cut the dough size for a small loaf, but make it rise and bake it off in a large tin.
That way when she sliced it there was less actual bread in each slice, it wasn't great quality, it had lots of holes but it was certainly half the bread in each slice.

If you have a local baker you could ask them to do this for you. Our customer used to buy four loaves at a time and freeze three of them

Hannah81
Rating
Hi, I'm not sure about bread but I do know that Sainsburys sell low fat wraps - they make a super tasty alternative from sandwiches and you can fill them with anything. Best wishes xx

cowgirl
Rating
Get whole grain or whole wheat bread. Chew slowly, drink water. That type of bread makes you feel filled up longer.

curiousgirl
Yeah: I've been living a healthy lifestyle for quite a while..and I know where u're coming from. "Oroweat" makes very healthy bread at only 45 cal per slice and a lot of fiber is included: which makes it even better!! - very healthy. Just look in the bread section...for "oroweat light"..there's wheat and multigrain choices...u can use " I can't believe it's not butter light" to make yummy toast...by eating that instead of heavier, more calorie dense bread, that's making a great difference!!!!

Mungo
Rating
only eat half, therefore only 50 cals.

lilgiggle33
Rating
Sara Lee whole grain white. It takes just as good as normal white bread, but it has a bunch of fiber, which is neccersary to loose weight.

saz17
nimble is a low calorie bread - its been about since i was a kid. all the supermarkets like tesco, sainsburys, morrisons etc all stock it.

doctor schn
Rating
wholemeal pitta bread is the best .sliced bread is never that good you have to check brand to brand for the better ones

JustineTime
There used to be a low-calorie bread called NIMBLE - but actually they were just less calories per slice because the slices were thinner and smaller! You're doing the best thing by eating wholewheat and wholemeal, because much of its weight is pure fibre and passes through the gut. Meanwhile, you could switch to low-fat spreads, only butter one slice of a sandwich, and use plenty of salad stuff to moisten the bread.
Also, why not check out the nutritional values written on the loaf's packaging, it'll give you an idea of the calories per slice.
Shop around for low-carb options, or hey - but a breadmaker and make your own!

Rating
weight watchers bread

Wisdom
i'm in the uk too, and love bread! (always have...) its not good for trying to lose weight unless its part of a healthy eating plan. there's nothing wrong with bread but you should eat only about 2 slices per day (wholemeal).
What i like is Tesco's selection of Danish crispbread (in the biscuit isle) where you might find rice cakes and all that sorta stuff. rice cakes is by the way another option. the danish crispbread is like a toast (59pence) which you can have tuna spread or prawn and mayo or seafood mix spread (they've got some nice ones at morrisons) or even tesco's tuna crunch, or simply avocardo mashed (yummy with salt and pepper sprinkled over). it tastes just like real toasted bread, only light and breaks fairly easily. its 30kcals per slice! alternatively, morrisons has a milk bread (40 something kcals per slice) which is good if you need to stock up on calcium (not good if you're allergic to dairy).
My alltime fave is the danish bread, the Nimble bread i've tried but its like eating wind! i find the toasted danish crispbread nice to even have with a chicken caesar salad...or a leafy salad with chicken, balsamic vinegar, small bit of olive oil and avo cubes...oh, and if you're feeling naughty, some olives! (i can't live without olives...!) whatever you do, eat sufficient amounts of protein and only eat 60g of carbohydrates per day (an average sandwich provides 20g. the best way to do it is to vary your type of carbs, eg, small portion of rice = another 20g and the rest, breakfast cereal like weetabix (2 husks) which totals your 60. drink your 2litres of water and your body should metabolize in a very healthy way. oh, grapefruit or any good digestive fruit such as apples are absolutely crucial if you eat it after a meal, to help the body break down foods better and faster and helps keep you regular! (stay away from sucrose (sugar in chocs and cakes) and stick to fruit generally, they are after all, nature's sweets)
Best wishes, whizzdom

+++++ SPOOK ++++
don't eat bread!

if you must eat bread just eat smaller portions !!

you can eat anything just eat tiny peice!
lok for 100 percent whole grain etc etc....

COME NOW HAVE A SMALL BITE OF PIZZA!

stormy
try going to a health food store

simpleton5000
Rating
Bread is a good thing to fill up on when hunger strikes. try to opt for granary types so that the high fibre/low glyceamic index helps keep you fuller for longer. Dont spread it with filth and make sure you stay well hydrated

Bill8027
Rating
It's not bread that's fattening. It's the stuff you put on it. Butter, jelly, peanut butter, gravy.

There are studies that people who eat white bread gain more weight than those who eat whole grain. But that could be because those people eat a healthier diet over all

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy