Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

My pants are loser my face is thinner, but I don't seem to lose any weight, why?
I've been swimming 1.5 km daily for some months now. Everyone tells me how much I've lost weight, how much my face is thinner, all my pants are looser; I need to buy new pants 'coz ...

Is my size normal for a girl my age?
im 12 turning 13 at the end of this year.
im 5" 1'.
i weigh 117.
is it because im asian?
or is it just the way it is?

please be honest.
like hardcore ...

I am just 14 and i weigh 65 help me loose weight?
i want to loose weight so that iwill be glamourous.is there any tablets for that purpose and if tell me name and timings to use.
iam ready to do zym but one fear is taht i wont grow ie my ...

If i drink loads of beer on a night is it true?
that you will burn all the beer calories off the next day by doing lots of crunches and pushups or biking for 30 ...

Im 11 and i think im fat on my thighs (ahh) i weigh 125 wat i do?

Additional Details
plus im 5"1' and a ...

How fast can I lose 50-60 pounds?
I'm a very active person. I play tennis and volleyball after school every day along with doing 1 hour to 1 hour 1/2 dance routines at night. What is the best way to lose 50-60 pounds fast? And ...

I am trying to cut out junk food but love it too much.?
When I get a craving for it, what techniques can I use to stop myself??...

How much should a 13 year old weigh if they are 5'1"????
It's not for me, but greatly appreciated
=]...

Am i overweight?
i am almost 13 and i am about 5'4'' and i weight like 150. Don't be nice just yes or no. if yes (most likely) could you give me some things i could do to lose some?? I am also in ...

Are low calorie yoghurts fattening?
i love yoghurts and i have them all the time but are they really fattening?...

How can I get out of P.E.?
Yes, I am lazy....

Im 13 lost alot of weight and ive just blacked out !! but i feel fat what do i do !!?
Hey im laura im 13 over the last few weeks ive starved myself i feel so fat people call me fat ive lost alot of weight and im starting to like how i look but i cant stop what im doing ive just ...

Tell me the easiest & fastest way to put on weight???
I'm sixteen, terribly Handsome, but the only drawback I have is my Weight 55kgs which isn't matching my Height 5'9'' (five feet nine inches) Kindly let me know some useful ...

How can I get more muscle in my legs?
and arms and how can I get great ...

I'm a thin vegetarian male, whats the best way for me to gain muscle without having to eat meat?
I'm 30 years old, 6ft with a 30" in wist which I want to keep but how do I bulk up on muscle on my chest, arms and legs without eating loads of meat? I go to the gym for about 2 hours 3 ...

Is drinking water bad? water weight?
I heard drinking water is good and that drinking alot of water can help yu looe weight, but then whats water weight? So do I gain weight drinking water?...

Im 16 and im seriously overweight i need to loose weight any ideas?
well im very overweight i dont like many vegetables and i am very pickey at what i eat i really need help because i dance a lot and im the largest in the group and hate it please help me and dont say ...

Does the stomache shrink when a person looses weight?

My butts way to big for my body, what do I do?
I am a regular sized prson Not fat nor super skinny
Additional Details
OMG people I am like the most atheltic girl in my school!!! i don't think i need to do any more work outs than ...

Whats the most effective way to fight cravings for sweets, chocolate or pastry?

dramaqueen
Do people just want to be thin to look good for others?
i think so. Its not about being healthy anymore but being thin that matters

tammy
Rating
No they want to be thin for them selves .Not many people care ,how thin someone is as long as they are nice.
I believe that advertisers want their product to stand out and not the person,so they pick skinny people. ( :

jenna p
i dont think its to look good for others but i agree its not just about being healthy. For me its about looking good when i look in the mirror. I really honestly and truthfully could not care what anyones opinion of my weight is but it matters to me. I need to look good when i look in the mirror

However i am slightly health conscious too and do go to the gym regularly.

green_rox
I think so too, some say its just for the way they feel about themselves but what really determines the way people feel about themselves??...others

thebomb
Wanting to thin could be anorexia. If so this is a mental disease and not just a desire to be thin. Many people lose a lot of weight because of trouble at home. but, yes many pepole do want to be thin because they think it is beautiful.

Smurfetta
Rating
too many people care about what others think and how you are perceived.
Worry only about what's healthy and you won't have to worry about your weight.

krazy_libra_from_ac
Rating
I can't speak for thin girls, because I'm not.
But I feel overall, if people want to go to extremes to look
a certain way, then yeah, I believe it's to please others.
A lot of people say, it's so they can feel good about them selves,
but I believe that's only because someone else doesn't feel good
about how they look, and they want to change that person's and
other peoples opinion as well about the way they look. They should just be around people who appreciate who they are. And also women go to extremes to get more attention from men.
But what if you attract the wrong attention, and get raped, or groped? Then what? Men too, is it worth trying to look perfect for women. No one is ever going to be perfect, and hopefully one day, people will understand that. Some of these measures are so dangerous to your health. Medical issues like obesity, everyone knows it's a health risk, it's a lot more different than just being a bit big boned, or big period. People in general that being fat or chubby is unhealthy. No, obesity is, but a lot of big people are healthy, and healthier than some smaller people. So love yourself and not to please someone else!

Krazy Libra

Bob R.
Rating
Yep, it's true for most people.

♥PuRpLe♥
Rating
yea...some people just care about what others think of them

?
Rating
yes

miss_coco
Rating
i don't know about everyone else, but it isn't for me. i want to be thin b/c that's the way i want my body to be. a lot of people would rather see me with more weight, but i don't like that. it's my body, therefore it's more important that i am satisfied with it.

gotenks_14
Rating
When your young most people do care about appearance and how other people perceive them. People still care as they grow older but it doesn't matter so much because most are with a partner that they will be forever. I'm a personal trainer and I'm all about being healthy. My experience with training people is they want to be healthier yes but they are more focused on how they look. But if a desire to be thin can motivate people to exercise which brings health benefits I'm ok with that. Regular exercise and good eating habits can help you maintain or atain a low weight and good health.

You can be thin and unhealthy if you don't have good eating habits like just eating empty calories(little or no nutritional value) or eating disorders. I completely disagree with people who try to be thin the wrong way, they are just hurting their bodies and setting themselves up for future problems. Good question!

Imaka
Rating
It would seem so from many of the questions posted in this category. Not many people ask how to be healthier or more fit. Most ask how to lose weight or even how to be skinny. But fashion changes. "Skinny" has not always been equated with "beauty" or "the norm". Most likely the pendulum will swing back .. it usually does.

What
Rating
I think to an extent it is but you know what, being unhealthy, promoting really big-sized people and slapping on a "proud to be dying from cholesterol, heart, blood pressure, diabetes problems" tag is EQUALLY ridiculous. I say stick to your healthy BMI, which differs depending on muscle mass and height/age. Everyone is supposed to be on a specific "health line"--being too under it or being too over it is an issue. I do agree that, however, it seems to be a more major issue when you're too over and thus the aforementioned attempts (which are ridiculous health-wise and only counterattack something with its own poison) come into play.

Sand
Rating
Yeah, that is probably one reason why America keeps getting fatter, they are trying to loose for the wrong reasons. Being thin or healthy should be a personal choice for our mind, body, health, connection, not for vanity. Plus it is proved that when people go on a diet to simply fit in to clothes for just look good the diet usually doesn't last and the weight comes right back. But if you loose weight to be healthy and because you truly love yourself, then it becomes much easier, on an average basis.

sweetboba
no, look good to themselves.
chin

tea_weed1 a.k.a TYLER
it depends what type of person you are i dont like skinny girls i like them average and a bit of curves

Ashley K
Rating
Well, I think being thin does only have to do with people wanting to look good in front of others, but then again, you don't want to be fat because then you'd have to always walk real slow, try to hold up your own weight, and so on. You also wouldn't want to be too skinny cuz then you would just look weird. :)

ronnie
It should only matter how you feel about yourself and to be healthy.

seximami
y3s most gurlz do...... but i don't....i am a lil thick but i am happy th3 way i am am.....cuz ma baby lov3s m3 no matta how i lOOk...so y3a i think if it was mor3 guyz out d3r3 lik3 my boifi3nd gurlz won't wanna b3 skinny or trynna impr3ss boiiz!

way2mei
Rating
depends on person to person...but unless you don't start experiencing good health you won't feel its important ....the initial motivational factor is that ppl want to look good

Loli M
I have to agree with you, the world is obsessed with thin. The media balks at weight (especially on women). Magazines are all about that thin person on the cover, who cares that they are suffering with an eating disorder to be that thin?
Then when they get too thin...the same mags rag on them for looking like hell...no win situation.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy