Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Did i eat to much today?? ?
i am battling anorexia and recently ovrcoming it.
I had
special k granola bar and banana for breakfast

1/2 a bagel & strawberry yogurt for lunch

i went to the ...

What is my weight supposed to be? I am 5'9 and 13?

Additional Details
I am girl i am okayy in looking weight i don't really have a belly. i weigh right now 126...

What [type of] foods keep you full longer than others (but ones that taste good ;] lol)?
im not obese or anything i just eat when im bored for some reason or when I just have nothing else to do..

its so annoying i dont wanna gain weight!

im thinking that maybe if i ...

How many calories dose 100 calories burn?

How do i resist food at a party?
im going to a party for track, and im guessing its pizza. I dont wanna eat it cuz im trying to loose 5 pounds. pizza will not help that!!

how do i resist it?...

Where are triceps ?
are your triceps muscle just above your elbow?
Additional Details
is it like just above elbow or just a way up? thanks :)...

Do you think it's weird if someone walks on the treamill with their eyes closed?
Because I do, and I feel so silly.
:)...

Why is soda bad for your body?
not diet soda... just regular. i heard one time that it damages your brain cells. is this true? and what are the other effects of drinking to much?...

I need to lose 40 pounds in 3 months ?
what a fast way before basic training?
Additional Details
its to go into the army please help ...

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday?
Is it healthy if I ate Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday for breakfast AND lunch (with a cup of milk)? It's quick, easy, cheap, and good.

I use Smucker's Goober S...

I want to lose about 5 to9 pounds and I am considering fasting. Is that safe?
I am not overweight but I am dangerously close for my height. I want to stay healthy....

Some fun facts about breakfast tht i can say in a presentation?
I have to motivate people to eat ...

I am 5'5'' and i weigh 102 pounds is that over weight?

I need to lose weight fast!! Can someone tell me something that works?
I need help and advice how to lose about 15 to 20 pounds in 30 days and i am 130lb. ...

Can anorexia effect my body?
i dont want to hurt my body, but i think this might be a last resort. i know this might make me unhealthy but it is the only way i can think of to lose weight. HELP!...

When on a serious diet, what are the best liquids to drink everyday? And which vitamins?

How can i lose some weight fast?
I have a big dance coming up, and i want to look nice. So i need to lose some weight, ive changed my diet and started working out more but nothing has happened. Any suggestions?...

Is lemonade Healthy Or Not?

Is a womens size 12 fat?
i have just asked this girl out not long ago..and all she keeps saying is shes fat.she a size 12 and would like to be a 10..but i keep telling her she not fat...

so could you please tell ...

How to loose weight without exercise and dieting?

cookies n creammmm
Diets for 12 yr old 5'6 150 pds?
i need to lose weight so i want to go on a diet. my goal is to lose 30 pds. I exercise every weekday for an hour. What r some good diets? also these are a list of foods i DO NOT like

eggs
hamburgers
fish ( besides shirimp)
and potato chips and some candy but i dont think that will be in my diet.

thank you! please list things for everyday of the week
Additional Details
i know it seems like im a good weight but i rlly am not. Ppl call me fat all the time and i have a huge gut.

RStarga...
Rating
You need to start at the ROOT cause of the problem...your overeating.

Cut back on junk food, and start eating MORE veggies, eat SLOWLY, and reduce yoiur caloric intake by 10-15%, and the weight will come off.

If you cheat, then you'll be cheating yourself.

Avi G
just dont eat as much
plain and simple

Majik
Rating
walk, drink water, eat a light breakfast, a BRIEF lunch, and a light dinner.

d_miano81
Rating
yogurt
tuna
steak
turkey
cottage cheese
1% milk
wheat or whole grain bread

no more than 8oz. of juice a day

and drink water 8-10 glasses a day.

be healthy and stay fresh

Smiley
I think you should start exercising in the morning, because in the morning you're mostly free except for getting ready and eating breakfast or such. People who exercise in the morning tend to follow their routine more easily, because during the daytime they go to school/work, then they get home to do homework/other busy stuff, then you're mostly busy for the rest of the night. I don't particularly know any good diets, but I think you should lower the number of calories that you take in a day. Try not to eat snacks or be tempted to eat more than you should. Good luck!

Rating
the only things that should be on your menu are
chicken tuna lean beef cottage cheese almonds backed potaoes and rice/ water

Alice L
It's important that before every breakfast that you drink warm water, it clears out your stomach. I suggest eating red/green/yellow peppers, salads, apples, any vegetable, , basically, you can eat most things but don't overload on it and eat slowly. I am currently losing weight and for every breakfast, i have a bowl of oatmeal, lunch, salad with very little dressing and dinner, anything. Remember just don't overeat. And don't sit immediately after eating, this is a really good way to get fat. Hope this helps and Good luck.

Baby Girl
Rating
ok well u need to stop eating a whole lot of suger. I dont know if it will work for u but eat suger free stuff and exersize a whole lot more [ an hour a day ] and drink a lot of water and one coke a day [ diet ]. And on the weekends one regular coke on saturday and sunday. Ok this worked for me i ways only 13 pounds over weight but i lost it in 2 months try it for at least 3 months and keep it up un till u lose as much as u want and then u can eat a little bit of suger but exersize everyday for at least an hour

JazzyOne35
Rating
Right. Burn more calories than you consume. This is a sure way to lose the weight. I'm proof of it.

capscant
you are 12? you should be worried about losing weight at this age. if you feel your food intake is unhealthy, just try to limit how much of it you eat. In order for you to lost weight you have eat. By that i mean smaller portions. add snacks in between meals, it will hold you over longer until your next serving. Non sugary cereals, oat meal, trail mix, nuts, yogurt, jello. Try fruits at night, it will help with sweet cravings. Veggies are good too, uncooked veggies have more nutrients. Um try walking in place for like 30 mins every day, crunches, jogging. sit ups. you can do these before bed or in your spare time. Exercising once a week is not going to cut it, the key is to be healthy.

Hope (Rewriting Memories)
Girl, you have an average weight. Just excersie daily and eat good food from the food pyramid. Don't eat too much of anything. And don't become another girl who has gone anorexic.

dinos23381
Rating
go outside, run,ride a bike, get away from the buffet

Mrs. WC
Lean broiled, grilled or baked meats, whole grain bread and cereal, fresh fruits and veggies are the main staples of a good diet. Lofat yogurt is good to and 3 servings of dairy per day is supposedly good to help you lose weight. Not too many carbs or fats.

It would be tell you specifically what to eat everyday as I don't know you. But I'll give you a sample menu for one day. You can add or take away as you see fit.

Breakfast
1 cup whole grain cereal (like Cheerios)
1/2 cup 2% milk (or 1% if you can stomach it)
1 banana

Lunch
Turkey breast sandwich with lite mayo, lettuce and tomato
Carrot or celery sticks
Apple
1 cup lofat yogurt.

Dinner
Broiled Chicken Breast (marinated in pineapple juice)
Tossed salad
Steamed Broccoli (or such as that)
8 oz milk (again 1 or 2%)

Snack
1/2 cup milk
Fruit

You can have fruit and raw veggies for snacks between meals as well. Drink plenty of water.

Close it!
Rating
12 year olds should not "diet". There's no telling how your body will react to it. You should be more concerned with doing the often cliched, rarely followed mantra of eating healthy, balanced meals with lots of grains, fruits and vegetables, along with healthy lean meats. Exercising consistently is good as well. Developing these habits early, instead of the roller coaster world of dieting, will make a lifetime of difference.

Funsize!
Well protein is really important but instead of eating fattening yougurt buy non or low fat yougurt, 1% or non-fat milk. Also, instead of red meat, eat more chicken and fish, and less cow and pig (really fattening).
We all love soda but instead of a large coke, get a large diet coke!
But really, only limit yourself to one carbonated drink a day because the carbination isn't good for you. You need at least 1 cup of fruit and veggies a day! Less sugary cereal- more oatmeal or wheat cereal. i hope I helped!
Good luck!
Also get 60 minutes (or more) of physical activity daily.

stacysosuman
Rating
i would say mainly just more fruits and veggies. also, spread your meals out over the day. instead of having 3 large meals, have 5 or 6 smaller meals. try not to eat right before going to bed.

Cat Loves LIN 300!
You do not need to lose weight; you're perfect for your height, and if you diet now you run the risk of seriously messing up your body's maturation process. If you don't believe me, then at least talk to your pediatrician before you try any sort of diet and exercise program. She knows way more than you do about what's healthy for a 12 year old.

KissMeGoodBye13x
I have been skinny all my life, but I know it's cause I am careful on what I do. In fact, everytime I go to the doctor they think I'm annorexic O_o. I'm 15 at 95 pounds and 5'7''. I used to eat like a pig and still I was skinny but then the word diabetes popped out of the doctors mouth and how I need to eat right. Both my grandparents have died from it so I was really scared. I know I didn't need to loose weight but live a healthier life which is basically the same thing. Get involved in a sport! I do horse back, tennis, track, and cross country. Get a trainer! It helps! Also just cut sugars out I haven't had a piece of candy for about half a year. At first, It's hard as hell but then you learn to like good foods and your body functions SO much better.
If I were you, I would talk with a health perfessional about eating right, and become more active.

Best of luck my friend!

Debbie T
Rating
if you drink soda change to diet and drink plenty of water. cut back on bread,cheese and pasta's. you said you exercise but what kind are you doing. Walking is a great way to exercise and anything cardio(things that get your heart to pumping) lots of luck to you and don't try to over do it

Blayne H
Rating
A diet eh? Well, Ive never had to go on a diet b4 but, a good way to lose waight.....wait...what?...30pds....by pds you mean pounds right? The best method that ive seen results is eating less portions of what you usually, and keep a healthy 2000 calories a day.

Lize
Rating
You just have to make sure to watch what you eat. Try eating healthier snacks like fruit and vegetables. Also, try not to eat after seven p.m. that will help too. Just by cutting back and being aware of what you eat will help a lot! Good luck!

Mandeep
Rating
dont go to fast foods, fatty
dont eat out, fatty
and lastly if everyone in your family is fat, then ur gonna b fat 79% of the time

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy