Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How can a 13 year old girl loose 10lb. in 2 weeks?

Additional Details
if i weigh alot more than im supposed to (170lb.)...

Am i fat?
I weigh 100 pounds and i am 5'5 i think i need to loose 20 pounds i am the cheerleading squad captin and this summer we are going to an overweight childrens camp to pump them up and help them ...

How can i lose twenty pounds in two days?

Why are teens skinny despite eating tons of fast food and other junk?
Why are teens skinny despite eating tons of fast food and other junk?...

Why am i always hungry after dinner?
i eat til i am like full then ten mins later im like hungry again, i am 13 years old.
Additional Details
i dont eat alot of junk ...

I am 5'10 135 lbs 34-28-39 measurements - good or bad?

If a cookie contains 110 calories and you cut it in half do you consume HALF the calories??
or is it just bogus.? like no matter how big the piece is its still going to contain that many calories.?...

If i eat about 600-800 calories a day..?
is it dangerous?.. i'm not fat! i just want to get toned and lose the stubborn little fat i have here and there before the summer, especially my little love handles.. besides my love handles i ...

I weigh 340 pounds. I have been trying to lose weight for a while. Can someone give me tips on doing so?

What are some natural laxatives?
School project/disguisting i know....

How do you get fat?
hi i was just wondering exactly how you get fat. is it all about calories or other factors too? can i get some specific informations about how you get fat? and what does fat calorie do? and will diet ...

Are you fat if youre 5'4 16 and 125 ibs?

Plz i dont know if im fat or not?
im 13 5'1" and 129lbs
AM I FAT???
AND IF I AM WHAT WEIGHT SHOULD I BE AT?
aND HOW CAN I GET THERE?...

Im trying to gain weight, any advice??

Am I killing myself? Not enough calories, too much diet soda?
Hello. I have an eating disorder. I've been like this for years, I am seeking help. Lately I've been going down hill fast. I am eating 600 calories a day or less, and I drink TONS of diet ...

Do you brush your teeth BEFORE or AFTER you breakfast?

Whats a way to lose 50lb in 5 months?
whats a way that i can lose 50lb in 5 months
its really really important that i do so.
soo what are some ways that would help like what are some things you do to keep the weight off??

Is 96 lbs fat for a 12 year old????

Additional Details
im 5'1 yeaah i no, im shooooort!...

Should the state lower the drinking age?

Is it possible to eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes?????
My friends have this contest going to see who can eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes. Does anyone know if a person could do this without having any medical problems??? I'm thinking about asking my ...

alisa
Could I die?
I went to my doctor and she told me I am anorexic. My family had already said I was but I didnt beleive them. I used to be 5'1 and 111 lbs and now I am 104lbs. I keep losing more and more weight. I only eat about 600 calories a day. I am really worried about what I am doing to my body and any help would be appreciated.

mamagirlbri
Eat some fried chiken , banna pudding,eat a lot of food

jessicamhaddad@verizon.net
Your healthy weight is 108. Why are you not eating more calories? Is your doctor just telling you that you are anorexic or helping you? Are you stressed or fear you may gain a lor of weight?
Start eating 6 small meals a day. Eat good carbs, protein, veggies, fruit, and dairy. Don't exercise to loose weight, exercise to tone.

steven m
Rating
Please eat, try to follow what ever diet your doctor has given you.
you will need to gain some weight , before you can gain some muscle, in order to regain your health

lack of body weight, will kill, your body will consume its self, as it tries to keep you alive. Just please EAT!!!

Alisia A.
Rating
well you're not underweight at all, so no worries. But 600 calories a day is NOT healthy at all.

Osmei
Rating
Actually I think 104 is a healthy weight for someone who is 5'1", I consider myself healthy and don't weigh near that much and I'm 5'8"....(I run marathons)

A lower calorie intake is normal for a shorter person...2,000 calories is just average for the average size American, which is pretty big.

Don't think about it too much, as long as you eat regular breakfast, lunch and dinner and you'll be ok. You're not anorexic, you're just on a diet, and it won't kill u unless you do something stupid like drink nothing but coffee for six weeks.

*cheers*

(R)Evolutionary is who i AM
Rating
You could do your body irreversible damage if you don't stop. Your actually supposed to be eating almost 2000 calories a day. Please get help and learn to love yourself. Good luck.

Lauren C
Rating
you COULD potentially die.

If you are doing what you're doing to lose weight, and you do not know how to stop, than you are doing something that is unhealthy. It is good that you recognize you have a problem. Please get some help... there are people that care about you! Don't do this to them!

Channel
Rating
You could if you don't get serious treatment,try eating more and more but not too much,3 days later check on your scale if you 100 then you might want to ask for help but if your still OK ( 110 + pounds) then OK but you still have to check on yourself days to days before you can be sure.So just keep eating till' you get better and go to the doctor daily.So I'll just hope you'll stay alive ^ ^

pinkbullet
Rating
it's a stae of mind...ac'mon think about something nice and think that thin is sickly and not in... and be inspire.... look for a guy that has a good eating habit, tell him your problem, im sure if he understand he always invite you to eat........

MadforMAC
Rating
You are damaging your body in many ways; your heart muscle for one, not to mention other organs in the body that are thinking you are starving and are getting robbed of vitamins, minerals and other necessary things to survive.

Pretty Me : )
Anorexics see themselves and always over-weight. They will have an aversion to food to the point where eating becomes a great problem and they simply grow thinner until they pass away.

Anorexia is usually caused in people because eating is the only thing they can control in their lives. It is more common than you think.

If you are eating well and are still thin, take a look at the gene pool in your family. Not all people are the correct weight or on the stout side.
Anorexics do not eat anything at all! this is noct good for your health because you could die from it... Please whoever reads this DONT try it no matter what!!!!!!!!!

Linda
Rating
Ask for a special health diet from your doctor that way you will not lose too much or gain too much you'll be the right size for your body type also ask what body type are you small ,medium,or large we all have in special package

fuumaxkamui69
Rating
What you are doing to your body, technically, is forcing is to eat itself. When your body doesn't get enough nourishment from outside sources, such as food and drink, it will eventually turn on itself and begin to burn your muscles and other resources in your body to keep itself running. You are killing yourself slowly.

I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just giving you an honest answer. But you can't expect yourself to change overnight. The real problem is not your eating habits, it's your thoughts and feelings. Something is causing you to do this to yourself, and it's very important that you find out what it is. Most commonly, the problem is low self esteem.

There are lots of things you can do to help yourself, but must try and find that part of you that wants to get better, and believe in that.

Kaska
My advise is for you to get therapy.

You can't solve the anorexia until you resolve the issues going on in your head. If you don't then yes you will die a slow early death.

constance1275
Yes, you could die. Didn't the doctor tell you that? You HAVE to eat.

GEE-GEE
Rating
Yes you could eventually. You are not skinny enough to worry about it yet. I used to be 5'4" and only weighed 102 lbs. I was not anorexic. I was just really active.

You do have to worry about long term effects of such a low calorie intake though. Your kidneys, liver, and heart need a steady flow of calories and fluids in order to keep working properly. Not to mention you could do a lot of hormone damage and it could keep you from having children when you are older.

stellabliss
Only your doctor can tell you if you're going to die or not. I don't think you will -- just start eating correctly. If you're worried about gaining weight, start with healthy foods ... and eat a lot of it! There's a lot of delicious food out there that will help you overcome anorexia.

Live healthy, and you'll be fine.

And most of all -- good luck!

Start eating healthy again!

princton vike
Rating
anorexia is when you don't eat enough or when you don't even eat at all.
you are only eating half the calories you need in a day, which is very unhealthy for anyone.
try eating more caloires, but follow the food pyramid: don't forget!
if you keep up what you are doing, your stomach will not have enough food to break apart for nutrients to keep you healthy.
it would take a long time to build that back up and you could become so skinny and unhealthy that you could eventually die.

Funny Girl
OMG. . . PLEASE eat more food if you stay that thin u will DIE, u should consume more than 2000 calories to gain some weight.
GAIN GAIN GAIN

xXxemoxgothxgirlxXx
Yes you could very well die.No matter how much you dont want to eat you need to eat more..alot more.Atleast until you get to a healthy weight again.You should start eating more fatty foods.I wish you luck with everything...I hope I helped in some way.

green eyed girl
Rating
Yes, you could die if you keep that up. Please get help for your sake and for your family.

questionperson123
Eat.....eat,eat,eat...that's all i can say or go into rehab.Good luck...God bless you!!!;)

goldlust74
eat.

Rating
OK first off all the people that are telling you go get fattening sugary foods odiously have never known any one that was anorexic so my SUGGESTION would be to just try to eat at every meal don't stuff your self because you will get sick just ease your way into it try to eat more bread and any thing with alot of proteins i wish you the best of luck and remember you are n control of your body

Maria
You really need to start eating more. Im sure your so skinny and probably need to gain weight. Talk to your family and have them set up a chart with meals with the appropriate calories. If that doesnt help you should seek more in depth medical attention.

yukidomari
Rating
to answer your question, yes, you could die. anorexia is one psychiatric disease with one of the highest levels of mortality. approximately 10% of all people diagnosed with anorexia nervosa will eventually die from complications/reasons related to it.

it's good if you can realize that you need help. many suffering from this disease don't, and they are in denial that they need help. only medical professions can help you. you must also remember that how you see yourself and how much you weigh are skewed in your own eyes, and if a medical professional is urging you to eat more, even if in your eyes you are getting "fat", you are not. please continue to seek medical help and cooperate with your family as much as you can.

bmac
I don't know what anyone here could tell you that you haven't already been told. I guess you are looking for that one person to agree with YOU and tell you you're alright and you won't die. LIES.

You aren't alright. Yes, people die EVERY day from anorexia. You are doing terrible damage to your heart. That's why people die--your heart can't take the strain any longer.

So, I know you know what to do. IF you REALLY want to get better, you need therapy/counseling and you have to begin eating. Add more calories every day. If you can't do that, you will have to go to the hospital to save your life.

no body special
Rating
eat more

Miss.Fedup
Go and see a counselor, they can help you regain confidence and learn to accept that thin is NOT in, thin is unnatractive, i should know.
Get help before it controls you!

Diva
Rating
sweetie you better start eating or sadly, there is a chance you could die from starving yourself. Listen to what your family and what your doctor are saying. Your family loves you and want what is best for you. Ask someone in your family to look up a good therapist or a pastor you can talk to for guidance.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.244
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy