Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i overweight?
Ok i'm a girl and i'm 14 years old. I am 5'3 and I weigh 125 but i feel like I weigh way more. Is this an Ok weight? I'd like it to be a little less. Also, is 60lbs an ok weight ...

Im in 7th grade and i weigh about 95 pounds i want to go on a diet but my mom wont let me what should i do?
i tried going anorexic but my friends didn't like that so i stopped and i don't want to ruin my intestines or what ever so I'm not going to be bulimic im a teen so im like always ...

I am not a water drinker. How can i start acquiring a taste for water?

How tall I am?
My mom is around 5 and my dad is 5' 8. What do you think my height would be...just a guess!...

How much weight do you want to lose?

What's the fastest way to lose weight?
I really want to lose weight!
Additional Details
I'm not over weight, but I want to lose some because I guess that's just ...

How long after eating something can you get food poisoning?

I don't want to live this life and be this way anymore please help me!?
I'm 25 and I've struggled with my weight all my life. Ive suffered from two miscarriages and I currently weight 375lbs. I have trouble breathing, and I cant walk very far maybe two blocks ...

What can you eat to satisfy a sweet tooth in stead of chocolate?
looking for a healthy ...

I'm looking into becoming anorexic, Any Good tips would be appreciated?
I heard this is a GREAT way to lose those extra pesky pounds, It also makes your hair shiny and smooth, I am just too fat!! if you know of any links to any websites let me know, thanks ...

Are ramen noodles healthy?
im on a ...

Do I need to lose weight? and how do i?
i think i need to lose weight
im 12, 5'4, and weigh 145lbs.
but what is an easy way to do it?...

Will eating only eggs make me lose weight?

Tips on how to stop food cravings?? help!!?
do you have any tips for me because i say like "okay today im dieting" but within 2 hours im craving crisps,sweets,biscuits!!
i know a good tip is too get rid of all snacks in my ...

What is the easiest way to lose weight?

I Get Fat When I Exercise...Plz Help!!!?
I hate excerising, but whenever i excerise i just get fatter. I eat alot. Im not that Fat. But I need to Get in shape. Anything I can do? Without The pills and surgery??
Additional Details<...

Am I anorexic if I think I'm fat at 60 pounds, 4"11, and I eat 3 meals a day (1,400 calories)?
I have a stomach, and a big one, but I can see my ribs.
Additional Details
I am 14 years old....

Why is it im eating so much but im not putting on any wight?
I eat three meals aday but all the meals are fried and i am worryed im not putting any wight on....

What's a healthy weight for a girl who's 5'4 and 14.5 years old?

Is it ok to try throwing up for a few weeks to lose weight?
hi, im very over weight, im 23 5,11" in height and weigh about 23 stone, some scales cant read me

i hate how i look and feel fat

iv tried diets all the time but i always ...

gnatbug
Can you still drink Coke and lose weight with exercise and diet?
Even if it's one or two sugar cokes a day.

niks
no... coke is just like any toilet cleaner...!

teban
Rating
With a good diet and some excercise one coke a day will not affect you.

lizdylan2003
sure, just burn more calories than you consume

lilygateau
Rating
Why have the extra calories and sugar...it's an easy thing to cut out...

white.sale
Coca-cola is really bad for you. Any soda is actually.
But, yes, you could still lose weight and drink it, but if you don't you'll lose more weight quickly.
If you have to drink soda, see if you can find a soda NOT made with high fructose corn syrup.
They have an amazing one at Whole Foods:
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com

margo
Rating
Yes, if you are drinking diet coke and only 3 a day and atleast 64 ounces of water.

Sally
Rating
Yes. A lot of exercise though. Just switch to diet Coke.

macksu
it can be twenty cokes a day,if you exercise enough you will lose weight.

RC
Rating
No No No! No more Cokes or diet Cokes (which is worse for your body because it contains aspartame which may cause headaches, depression, slurred speech, loss of memory, fibromyalgia type symptoms, loss of sensation in lower legs or shooting pains, loss of equilibrium, vertigo, anxiety attacks, chronic fatigue, vision loss, floaters, retinal detachment, seizures, heart palpitations, etc.) if you want to lose weight. Start
eating healthier, plenty of fresh organic fruit and juices for breakfast, plenty of carbs and veggies for lunch, then a small amount of protein and veggies for dinner. Be sure to drink plenty of purified water throughout the day, though not while you are eating (the water will dilute you natural enzymes if you do).
You can start by walking or riding a bike. You'll be amazed by the results. check out www.weightlossobesity.com/dieting
RC

SKY FLOWER
Probably, but why would you want to consume all those empty calories? I know I know, Coke is yummy!

LostMyMind
Rating
Just drink diet coke..its basically like drinking water, almost no calories and it fills u up, i skip meals and drink lots of diet coke when my pants start getting tight and it works for me

joemammysbigguns
I believe you can.

They have about 200 calories or something, as long as you do some intense cardio for about 20-30 minutes you should be able to burn most of it off.

The crap they use for sweetener in the diet sodas is as bad (if not worse) for you than sugar.

I believe you can eat/drink almost anything (within reason) and as long as you maintain an active lifestyle with regular workouts, then you won't have problems with weight.

chuck norris can divide by zero!
You can, but you need to burn off the extra calories from the Coke. You would be better off switching to water, or anything that has less calories. Trying to lose weight by eating pie every day.

MOMMY
Rating
I think you should conscentrate more on your addiction to coke than your body. If you're craving it badly and NEED it switch to Diet Coke... yeah it's gross but at least the caffeine is still there without the calories. Dieticians tell you to drink only water, black coffee, and unsweetened tea because it is not sweet. They want you to avoid even diet pop because it tastes sweet and makes you crave the real sweet stuff. I'm starting a new diet TOMORROW, (always tomorrow), so best of luck to you... it's going to be a rough few days getting into it. If you're determined to start exercising and dieting you can DEFINITELY quit the Coke. It'll only take a few days of drowning yourself with water to start to really love it... so they say.

kam
Yes, but you need to watch the other things that you are eating. Keep up the exercise and drink water. Just be consistent and stick to your goal.

Good Luck.

smart azz
The trick is to burn off more than you take in.

Dale D
I'm sure it's possible.
If you eat healthy, drink a lot of water and exercies a lot. But tha'ts the hard part I think.

curmudgeon
It is the total number of calories you have each day that matters. Doesn't matter how you get there.

That Kid Zinc
Rating
yes as long as your calorie input is less than your calorie output you can lose weight. but good luck cause cokes are loaded with calories so your gonna have to work out like crazy!

starryeyed
1991 Gulf War taught us that Diet Coke turns to a natural
FORMALDEHYDE in your system.
Don't do it, dude.
And you can do it, you're a grown-up and all...
but I hated the addiction to it, a lot of us ex-Coke addicts feel better without it.
Same for coffee and tea.
Good luck!
You don't have to be a health nut, but every little bit can help you!

Aliz
Rating
Drink Diet Coke. It taste good when you get use to the little difference in it. Why do you want to do extra exercise when quitting sugar will help you to get rid of the weight.
I had to go to diet soda for health reasons. I found the quiting butter also helped.

ANDREA
Rating
Yes you can, just dont drink alot of it,maybe 1 a day. Whatever you do, dont drink diet coke. Regular pop is actually better for you then diet. Diet pop has aspartame in it and that actually blocks you from losing weight and can cause other serious problems...Here is the article

http://www.myultra90.com/PDFs/Aspartame.pdf

3C Savage
im ure u can but it doesnt help u that stuff is like syrup and its all sugar and carb its garbage for the body but im sure u can still lose weight its just gonna take longer

stegall_sherry
I did I am seriously addicted to coke and it is the one thing I could not give up in the morning so i still have 1 every morning and I am still losing about 2 lbs a week.

hoobzor
You can, but coke has heaps of calories and can make you put on heap's of fat.
I used to drink coke for year's but luckily i got used to the taste and strating hating it and drank less and less.

Big Poppa Pump
Rating
You can but you have to use the formula

Calories burned > Caloric Intake

or you won't lose weight.

Consult this chart:
http://www.annecollins.com/exercise-calories/drinks.htm

tells you how much exercise you have to do to burn a can of coke.

arvee
Yes you could lose weight. But do you have to drink coke? If you are trying to lose weight and also keep healthy then stick to a healthy diet. Substitute coke with fresh fruit juice. You can have a coke once in a way!.

Miss Casey
Rating
f you burn more calories than you drin but the more water you drink youl start to crave that instead. i drink sams club carbonated flavored water everyday. its practically all i drink. now when im thirsty i crave it. it taste like soda actually. when i quit drinking soda i lost about 5 pounds quicly. so thow away the soda and bring out the water!!!

bgtrocchia
That's around 300 calories...

For all the people who say, "drinking Coke is bad for you..." they're wrong. It's just a food source, and it's actually better for you than drinking Diet Coke, because you're not taking in aspartame or nutrasweet or any other carcinogens like that.

On most diets you are going to be putting down somewhere between 1200 and 2000 calories a day. If you can squeeze 300 in to that, go for it. Yes, there are better uses for those 300 calories, but think of it this way - if you ate nothing but carrots and iceburg lettuce all day, you would get bored very quickly, and your diet would last all of about 28 minutes.

Bottom line, be knowledgable about the foods you are putting in to your body. There are no bad foods. There are only bad ways and times to eat foods. Steak is good for you (unless you're a vegetarian). Steak is NOT good for you if you eat it every day, three times a day. Orange Juice is good for you. Orange Juice is NOT good for you if you drink a half gallon of it a day. Maybe Coke does provide empty calories, but your body needs calories too, and your brain needs treats sometimes. So in that sense, Coke is good for you too... but drinking a 6-pack of Coke a day... now that's obviously bad. Not even Coca Cola recommends that. I hope you can see where this is going.

Nicnac
You'd do better with diet coke...
Your question is sort of on the lines of "Can I still eat cake and lose weight."
Yes in theory, but why would you want to make it more difficult?

Boo
Yes you can, but realize ever 12oz of regular Coke has 140 calories, that is like running on a teadmill 15 minutes for each Coke. Is it worth it? Try only drinking one(12 oz) soda a day or one every other day, it is better for you, and you can still enjoy the carbonated, syrupy goodness.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy