Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I Fat... Do I Have an Eating Disorder?
im 13 and 5'2'' and a girl and i weight 100pnds. am i fat? honestly? i diet alot, but then i do a whole bunch of emotional eating too... its hard because i look and feel fat but my ...

Losing weight???
iam an 18 year old girl and i am a size sixteen,I dont know if iam fat but iam not unfit...i can run walk etc without getting breathless.am i above the right size of an 18 year old...(please no rude ...

I Need To Lose Weight And FAST?
ok. I Definetley want to lose weight by summer time. Maybe about 35pounds
it is really hard for me to stick to diets and eating well.
I live in a house where my mom decides what we eat and ...

How do I lose weight and keep it off???
Hey,

I am currently trying to lose weight (I am a dress size 12) and ideally want to get down to a 8-10. I have been dieting for a year or so but I have got to this size and stayed there!!...

How many pounds can i lose in 2 weeks?

My 10 year old son wants a weight bench for Christmas. Is this too young to start weight training?
What type of weight set would be good for a boy this age?
Additional Details
He is involved in sports. That's why he wants to start weight training....

How tall are you? Do you like your height?
I would love to be 2inches taller I'm 5' 4...

I cry when I look at my body.?
I am so sick of going to the gym and not losing weight. I've been going for a year now and I'm actually to the point where when I get dressed and see myself in the mirror and how much ...

Does my daughter need to lose weight?
Hi guys I love my daughter the way she is but my nasty sister-in-law was recently rude enough to bring up my daughters weight. My daughter has recently turned 6 and she weights almost 200 pounds and ...

I want more fat on me!!! HELP!!!?
People always call me skinny and its annoying. They think I eat nothing. I eat alot and love it. So I wanna show them I eat food and I love it. I don't really eat junk food or fast food because ...

I want to start a healthy way of eating but I don't know how to?
Ok. So I'm 17, I'm 5'3, 36c breasts, pear shaped I probably weigh between 126-130lb I want to weigh 120lb
I want to know what should I eat in the format of

B...

What's hard for you to do?

How do you change stones into pounds?

What is a substitute or better replacement to cola?
the substitute should not only be healthier but cheaper and affordable to the common ...

Is it bad not eat in the morning for breakfast?

Why do so many people like sushi? Does it make you skinny? Does it give you worms?

Additional Details
The reason I ask this is because... it seems to me that everyone that I know that eats sushi is thin. I do not know one heavy person that eats sushi....

Im 5'5, weight 115 pounds and im 16 years old is that bad?
I just want to know your opinion, should i eat more because i been drinking a lot of boost drinks lol. Still not gaining any weight lol but would you consider me unheathly?...

Does holding in your stomach for 10 seconds, very tightly, 8 to 10 times, help flatten your stomach?
Because of a neck condition, I cannot do regular sit-ups....

I am 34 years old. I am athletic and healthy. I am 5'3" tall, and weigh 89 lbs. Do you think I am too thin?
The problem I have is that most of the girls, i hang with are slighlty overweight. They pick on me saying I look like death. I do not have bones sticking out, and I got a terrific report from the D...

How much is a 16 year old girl supposed to weigh? im 5'7?

PETIE!
Can salt make your face fat?
im 15 years old
i'm 5'3 and 105 pounds
my face is reallly chubby and you cant see my chin line or my cheekbones and i didnt know why but someone said it was becasue i eat so much salt
is this true?

Lindsey
Rating
Salt can make you bloated and retain water, but I doubt that's your problem. I think it's probably just some baby fat still and as you mature a bit more it will be less obvious.

Angelacia baybeeeeee
Rating
salt makes you retain water, so limiting salt intake could help you

helpmebfree123
Rating
Salt can make you bloated but if its only in your face, it might be genetics. Does anyone else in your family have a fat face?

Votre chance !
No, salt does not make anything to your cheeks or to your face. You should not listen to people who are given their opinion about your look. You have to be more confident.

***da gurl who rox***
Yes in fact I would not eat much because ti could infact make your face very fat! INDEEED!

Lakerra Fooks
Rating
yeas

snoopysmaster_001
baby fat you will out grow it so dont panic....If salt makes your face fat then my head should be bigger then the goodyear blimp...lol

natesbabydoll
Rating
Salt makes you retain water, therefore, you carry more water in your body, and it can give the appearance of "chub". If you're healthy, I wouldn't worry about it!

J Dub
Salt will swell your entire body

OOOh Yes Thats It Yes!!!!
Well I beleive that salt does retrain fluid in your body and that cause your face to irratate sometimes try cutting an the salt to see what happens.

nurseman916
There are actually a couple DIFFERENT questions here.

1. Generally people your age have what they call "baby fat" and it is especially prevalent around the face of teenagers. This is natural. At 105 pound you are definitely not fat.
2. Hormones generally help distribute fat differently in women, putting more volume in the hips and other places.
3. A high salt diet CAN cause you to retain water, and this will sometimes show up in temporary bloating or fullness to the skin, and it CAN affect the face, but generally it's retained on the torso.

Yea I'd DO HER
Rating
Try working out then your fat face will be proportional to the rest of your body

Tell Me About It!
no it will make it melt

happygolucky
Rating
yes, since salt makes u retain water. try and reduce ur intake of salt.

NacMac
Rating
Too much salt is bad for you anyways. Don't let a bad salt habit continue, curb it now. Salt can make you retain water, but not that much. Sometimes people notice their fingers and feet get a bit puffy when they've had too much salt.

**You don't mention, did this just happen?? If that is the case, keep a close watch on it and maybe see a doctor if it's an allergic reaction to something!

It could just be your age - younger people carry more body fat an it shows in their face sometimes. Mine did, and everyone called me chipmunk cheeks, but I turned out just fine. It melted away and thinned out.

By the way, I have noticed people who have had chubbier cheeks, age better. Their faces look youthful, instead of thin and stark. There is a good side!

elise b
Rating
no i dont think so
but salt does have a ton of sodium
and if you eat too much its not good for you

Angel Wings
NO! salt will raise your cholesteral and will dehydrate!

johny
Rating
how much salt do you eat a day? i cant imagine u would get a fat face from eating to much salt maybe its puppy fat or you might be big boned

Baby no.2 Sydney due anytime now
Rating
salt can bloat you everywhere not just your face, but no I doubt you eat enough of it to do so!!

Sophie
No, that's terrible rubbish I wonder what idiot told you that. It's fat which makes your face fat. Your genetic predisposition to store fat in certain areas won't help (eg some people tend to put weight on their hips, some on their bellies etc) but to lose fat from your face, you need to loose weight. Take more exercise and eat more healthily - start cutting down fats and sugar and eating more fruit and veg and wholegrain cereals like wholegrain bread, cereals and rice. Reasses your diet for the long run and become a healthy person rather than looking to short-term weigt-loss diets. You'll look better and live longer too. Best of luck.

81 Honda
Rating
Salt does make you retain water.

swimmer4life6
Rating
I dont think so, usually thats do to eating to much fatty foods but if you eat to much salt it could result in high blood pressure so try and cut back on the salt any ways and the junk food

shewolf
I have heard if you don't get enough salt it will give you a double chin, but I have never seen any real proof of it!!!

Ginnivieve T
Rating
Salt aka Sodium is responsible for retaining water throughout your body. Water=Weight. It isn't a drastic amount of weight so you shouldn't worry. You don't nessicarily need to worry about your sodium intake for another 50 years or so. But women tend to retain more water areound their menstural cycle anyways. I say drink lots of water and try not to snack on high sodium foods like potatoe chips. Good Luck

~So much FUN~
Rating
Salt will make you retain water and look bloated so i believe that is your problem. If you are only 105 then its kind of hard to believe that you cant see you chin line. You should probably see a doctor about it Thyroids could be a problem. My friend has a problem and because of thyroids she has a "turkey" like neck.

lilith663
Too much salt and make you retain water. Your tissues can get full of water - edema.

Ah Elise - salt is sodium.

fatamorrighan
Rating
salt does retain fluid in your system.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, November 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy