Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i overweight? Answer!?
OK I'm 13yrs Old

Weight- 125lb

Height- 5'6 ft

I gained about 6lb.. Now that school started I even eat less.. I don't eat breakfast (don't like ...

How much should a 14 year old weigh.?!?
how much should a 14 year old weigh, i wear a size 3 or a 26 in garage. uhm, how much should i weigh .?! , am i average. i think im fat....

How tall are you and how much do you weigh???

Additional Details
im 5'7" and around 129 lbs.(sometimes less)...

How can I support my girlfriend with her new year diet?
Should I join in? Should I be strong when she wants chocolate or let her have a few chocolatey pleasures? Any help or advice will be appreciated. She doesn't want to fail again, it's not ...

I'm trying to stop eating fast foods. Can you tell me the most grotesque think to make me stop?
convice me to stop. Im not fat at all, I just think that eating fast food is unhealthy but the addiction is big.. Convice me to quit
Additional Details

How can I lose 40 pounds without taking pills?
I weigh 200 pounds right now and I'm only 15 years old. I have tried everything and I need help!...

I feel crappy and fat!?
i am a teenager.
5'5 and 135
i am trying to lose weight but blew it today
my face looks rounder and blotched
my hair is sooo greasy. i know i need to wash it but it was one ...

I want to lose 15 pounds by may how can i get this done?
please no answers about "this is unhealthy blah blah blah" i want a quick easy diet that has really really worked ...

How do I gain weight faster?
I am 16 and im 5'3" and a half and i weigh about 90 lbs. people are tellin me i look good and that i should stay the same... but i have gotten truth from some people.....i checked out some ...

Am i underweight???
I am 5 foot 5.5 inches and weigh 108 pounds, I am 19. Reading a lot of posts this is the normal weight for a younger teenager of about 14, so i am now a bit worried. I don't even look THAT thin ...

Is it ok to eat junk food if you don't put on weight?
I exercise every night (Boxing, Gym, Swimming) and I go for a long run every weekend, I don't drink much and don't smoke. I drink loads of water

however

My addiction ...

Am i fat?????????
okay im 5ft 7 and 105 lbs. Is that fat???/

And no im not all obseesed about that stuff im Just wonderin
Additional Details

I am 5'8 and i weigh 145 i want to lose some!?
i would really want to weigh like 128 or 130. how do i lose it easily and quickly?
please help!...

Friends i have heard breakfast is neccessary why?which meal should i skip lunch or dinner to loose weight?

If I lose 10-15 pounds, will it be noticeable?
Will I, as well as other people, be able to to see a difference if I were to lose 10-15 pounds? Even if it were just a slight difference?
I am 5"7 and 157 pounds....

Would you rather be taller or shorter than you are?
I'm 5'10" and i'm very ...

If i starve myself...?
will i lose muscle or fat first?
will cellulite go away?

dont tell me not to starve myself cos i never said i was, im just asking....

One of my friends is 5'5 and weighs 150 is she fat???
well, she just goes to my school, ummm, some ppl make fun of her, idon't really get it, she doesn't seem to be fat to me, is she fat to u??? =/...like ppl call her names sometimes, and i ...

Does your body use fat calories from areas of your body in relation to muscles needing the energy?

Am I fat?????????
I am 13, 92 lbs and around 5 foot, maybe 4 foot 11....

Cheergrl
Can i lose 10 pounds in one month and a half?
Hi, im 14 and i do 8 miles every day but not in a row.
I eat wright too.
Im over weight and i need to lose at least 10 pounds or more.
Is it possible for me to loos that much weight until september 1st?

pete D
get started or make sure you stick to the challenge be relentless dont give an inch win win win 10lb is a bit too easy go for 15 thats over 1 stone! eazy peazy!!! learn the art of fitness and propper nutrition be at the top of your game and listen to all of the above answers for a balance of views and advise!

kaylee renee
Rating
You could probably lose more then that if you wanted.
Just eat right. A lot of people say to cut carbs, but I strongly disagree... We have a food pyramid for a reason and as long as you stay in those guide lines you should be fine. Working out also does good. But you dont want to over do it, that can be bad for you. One of my friends runs 6 miles a day in cross country, but he started out running less than a mile a day. You shouldn't jump right into 8 miles, you can cause heart problem and other things, like torn ligaments.

vigilante8fan
Yes absolutely!

Mr. Mental_88
Rating
Of course just stay focused

Lets Shout Loud
yes anything is possible

Lala L
OF COURSE
if your eating right
and excersizing theres no doubt you will loose 10 pounds
some extra pointers would be to not eat after a certain time (6pm-7pm) and drink a lot of water
but otherwise you could totally do it!

ralphvbel
Rating
I lost more than your target. After I gave birth I was more than 120 lbs. What I did I gradually reduce eating rice til I got rid of it and substitute oatmeal or nesvita for at least 1 month til I reach 105-110 lbs.

But, don't abruptly get rid of rice. You can have half rice every meal or take small meals frequently. Better consult your doctor before you take further step coz you are soo young. What i did maybe effective to me but not good for you.

serioustimes
yeah definitely possible...try to eat more smaller portions throughout the day and drink tons of water (atleast 8 glasses a day) and keep the food healthy try to cut out the carbs, dairy and fatty meat ( I lost 20 pounds in 2 months) good luck

K G
Its good that you eat right, but you also need to spell right too. You are fourteen!
But a key to weight loss is, burn more calories than you eat. But that does not mean, eat less. It means, eat the normal amount, just work out more.
Good thing you are going the right way.

omg its kelc
of course

Ally R
Sure
try eating less than 20 grams of fat a day, and writing down everything you eat.

EM
yeah its possible

Steph
Rating
definitely. if you're very dedicate, anything's possible (well, at least your goal is) make sure to not eat sweets, sodas, you know what i mean. that's great! just keep up the good work and after you've lost the weight make sure to keep eating healthy and continue a steady exercise program (although it doesn't have to be that heavy like it is now)

imnotachina
Rating
To achieve any weight loss, you really need to excercise and eat an overall healthy diet that consist of complex carbohydrates (whole wheat foods that would be great for fiber and needed nutrients), lean protein to help build muscles and repair your body, and good amounts of fat for energy and needed nutrients the body needs that your body cannot create on its own. By eating every 4 or 5 hours (having 4 or 5 smaller meals instead of 3 big meals), it helps to keep your sugar levels balanced and prevent dips. Then you are more likely to take in less calories throughout the day.
By making a few adjustments to your current diet (such as switching to water in place of juice and soda, etc, snacking on fruits and raw veggies instead, chosing whole grain products instead of enriched foods, etc) can also help you to shed some weight (depending on how your current diet is). Also cooking healthier (using a cook spray, switching to olive oil, grilling and steaming more often than pan frying and deep frying, etc.) And to help lessen your sweets consumption, try at least limiting yourself to only 2 or 3 a day. And try having healthier sweets like yogurt, all fruit frozen bars (some are only 90 calories each, and with calories so low, that a treat you could possible have each day), jello, 90 calorie or lower pudding cups, fruit, and low calorie ice cream bars (such as skinny cow, weight watchers, etc.)
If you try interval cardio training and some weight lifting/resistance training, not only will you lose weigh, but you will also help your body become more leaner and tone looking and your core will become stronger.
Try doing some ab work and don't forget to work out your obliques (your "love handles")
Also because muscle does weigh more than fat, you may be heavier essentially, but leaner too. Eventually the more muscles you will build, the more weight you can burn. More muscles will help you burn more calories at rest. And then eventually the fat/weight will come off... but everything takes time. Remember, it is possible to be leaner and stronger, but weight more. But don't give up and stay motivated... we all hit plateus. Also remember, that every one is a different individual and that we all lose weight from different places at different times. Your body choses when it is time, just be patience.
And please note that if you try to lose a lot of weigh in a short amount of time, your body will really go through some health problems. Some risks could be that your hair may grown thinner, your periods may not be regular anymore (which is not a good thing), and your stomach system will be working slower, etc.
Realistically, if you lose weigh the heathy way, then 1 to 2 pounds per week is a reasonable amount per week. Anything more, may be due to water loss or you have decided to go the other route and lose weigh by starving yourself.
Remember that the number on the scale doesn't define you... you define you. The scale can't tell you how great you look in your jeans or how you feel... so don't rely so heavily on that scale. Our bodies's weight constantly fluctuates all the time... so it isn't always so reliable.

Cindy
absolutely. as long as you are dedicated the whole time. good luck!

Mom of 5
That is the easiest thing to do in that amount of time. Eat healthy foods. Vegetables & fruits. Salads. Whatever you *think* might be to much of a serving-cut it in half. Eat less than what you would normally eat-& exercise. Trust & believe in me, you will lose more than 10 pounds. The Best Of Luck 2 U.

MR...
Rating
100% yes, you can, best excersize though i would say is either a wrestling, karate, or kick boxing class, ive lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks in wrestling

?¿? CuriosityKilledTheCat ?¿?
I just eat 20 carbs a day drink water and by the end of the week i've lost at least 5 pounds !!

sweetness
www.fitness.com they have diets , exersises and more cheack it out
good luck

~~~Cathy _Twilighter ~~~~
Yes Definitly
Just need to eat less fast and greasy foods
stick to the right meal portions
and exercise everyday.

shigshoog
Yes eat fruits and vegetables for breakfast and dinner and for lunch you can have what you want. Keep running everyday.

Mz_SO_CAL
Ok, first of all, it's "eat RIGHT". First things first.

almunoz80
Rating
Yes. Try calorie counting, exercising and drinking plenty of water.

redhead(=
wow.
8 miles a day!
thats great.
as long as you keep it up.
and be sure and have a healthy diet.
you will probably lose more than that.
=]
good luck.

Tyler
Rating
absolutely. my father did it in a week. he ate weight watchers and ran a lot. if a 37 year - old - man can do it a fourteen year old can definitely

Kate
Rating
totally. just make sure to cut out soda and fast food, eat better than you already think you are eating. although dont diet, watch what you eat, it'll be less stressful ;] walk everyday for at least a mile but also, do something else like pilates, tai bo, some sort of exercise routine.

CaLiFoRnIa
Rating
oh easy. you can lose that much in 1 month. 2.5 lbs per week is normal

Britbrit
I'm also trying to lose weight before school starts.

eat alot of fruits and veggies and water.

when you are watching TV, durning commercials do sit ups or push ups.

try to do at least 20 minutes of cardio a day.

don't eat after 8 pm

don't skip meals

i would suggest measuring your waist, stomach, arms, and legs to see how many inches you lost in a couple of Month

solid_platinum99
Rating
Ya but you really need to stop that 8 mile crap. Yes it helps. But you need to just do sprint drills. It's half the time and about 6 times better. Don't eat sugar at night. It goes into body fat over night. Unless it's a slow digesting sugar...but even than..don't eat sugar at night unless you worked out. So yes it's possible. Go to the gym 2-3 times a week also. The more muscle you have the more fat you burn just sitting there. So do sprint drills. not running for long times. And just eat good and lots of water. You should be fine

Ellie
You may not like this answer but most likely NO. Losing 10 pounds in a month is a HUGE task on you body that is something nobody should do to themselves. You should bring this to your parents and ask them to help you drop weight slowly so you can keep it off.

Given your age your still growing into your body, your maturing and your body needs to figure itself out. Trust me you don't want to start dieting now. ONCE you introduce dieting to your body it never forgets it, so when you try it again it become a little more difficult the next time and so on and so on. It will hold onto that fat more and more. Just EAT smart and eat in PORTIONS and move your body.

Ps. If you learn how to eat now you will be SET for the rest of your life. Organic & Natural is the best!

Good Luck!
Ellie

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy