Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Ahhhh no i am so ill right now! need to get bbetter quick...?
I caught the flu or a friend and now i am all fluey how do i make it go away quick i have an exam in 3 days!
I have taken beechams all in one syrup stuff, (but then i threw up after 15 mins so i ...

I need to gain weight?
Im 15 years old and i weigh approximately 102 pounds.

I want to gain weight but i kinda want to kinda keep my shape but just have a bigger or thicker form of it.I dont want the weight I ...

Why do obese people buy their obese kids Mcdonalds?
Its disgraceful....they are killing them.
Im not saying to starve them but a sandwich would be just fine!
And why are fat kids often so arrogant?
Additional Details
Ok.....for ...

Is it bad to weigh 80 pounds and be 23?

Additional Details
im 6'2 and I dont think im that ...

Does anyone know what these symptoms mean?
Last year I was 8stone 8 and felt healthy.A year on ive lost 1 stone but also gone from a size 12uk to 6 uk.
I get stomach pains when i eat.Not every time but often enough.
I get the runs ...

Are there worm eggs in Slim Fast Shakes?
I have just bought some Slim Fast shake stuff for the first time and have been told that there are worm eggs in it - is this true?...

How effective is jogging to lose weight? Are there better sports?
I would like to lose a couple of stone and alongside better eating habits I am considering jogging.

I would like to know how many calories you lose for how much time spent jogging etc..... ...

I am 210 pounds and I need to be 175 who's the best way to lose it in about 4 months?

50 calories a day and working out?
will i lose weight fast?...

Is 163 pounds overweight?
im about 5'6 and 163 pounds i was 175 but yeah i just was wondering if 163 is still over weight cause i lost probally 12 pounds in a ...

I am 13 years old and neeed a way to lose 20 pounds in 2-3 weeks..?
however, i have a crazy mother who doesnt want me taking pills or starving myself.
I really NEED to lose 20 pounds. i am 5'4" and 125 pounds.. i need to lose 20 pounds before school ...

What fruit is the best for you?
which fruit has LOW SUGER and LOW CALORIES, high fibre and can help you loose weight and you can eat as much of it as you like??..............i wana loose belly flab by the way....

Building muscle by eating which foods?
what are the best types of diets for builing muscle. can anyone recommend a typical day's food that they would eat?...

How much fat can i lose?
i have ten weeks to get in shape before school starts. i despise my calves, stomach, arms. thighs, and butt. pretty much everything. how much would i be able to lose in ten weeks? i am eating a lot ...

Is there any way to build up my biceps if I dont have any weights?
Any exercises I can do without going to the gym and without have any weights of my own?...

What can i do to ensure that i go to the toilet more regular??
I am worried that i do not go to the toilet regular enough (bowel movement) I probably go 2-3 times a week. I eat healthily and include lots of fruit, veg and wholemeal food in my diet but nothing ...

Is it better it eat prior to working out?
If I want to work out after work, do I eat dinner first then wait and work out or do I work out first and want then have dinner?...

Fattttttttyyyyyyy :(?
right, get this ... just now, i decided i would do an intense workout, im not obese, just fat, and i got my gym clothes on, got on my treadmill, jogged for 10 minutes, then litterally couldnt be ...

How is the media trying to prevent anorexia ?
does anyone knooo ?...

Im 13 years old and my mom thinks im fat what shoul i eat daily?
plz help ...

Pooh-Bear
Can eating Brown rice make a person fat?
Why do people say thats its healthier if it contains mor carbs, and fat?

I wipe my own @$$
...Oo, good question. You probably shouldn't eat brown rice all the time (or white rice for that matter). But..brown rice is supposed to be better, maybe because it has more vitamins and minerals?? You pose a very good question!!

ooooo6ooooo
Rating
brown rice is healthier because it contains the good kind of fat-- whereas white rice has trans fat

DILAILA!!!
Rating
its not healthier there just liars and people that are jelous of how fabulous they dont believe them eat vitamins and proteins more their much healthier and you dont gain alot of weight

mamas_love2u
I heard that rice in general whether it's white or brown makes a person fat.. IT may be good bu who knows what pounds you'll gain in the long run

Sturm und Drang
Rating
Because it contains complex carbs, which doesn't cause your blood sugar to spike and therefore will give your body a constant amount of energy for a longer period of time. It also has decent amounts of fiber, which also helps with keeping your blood sugar level; fiber also keeps you regular as far as pooping in concerned.

People do need fat, just not lots and lots of fat. The key is to eat saturated and trans fats sparingly and try to get most of your fat for the day from mono and poly unsaturated fats. Brown rice does not much fat and most of it is from mono and poly unsaturated fats.

Nutritional info for one cup of cooked brown rice can be found at the USDA's website:

http://199.133.10.140/codesearchwebapp/(njca0gv2m31qcue41tly3e55)/measures.aspx?id=56130000

Getting Fed Up
Rating
First off, eating too much of anything can put on the pounds. Brown rice, whole wheat, whole oats, etc. have almost all of their nutrients intact. This means that the germs (like wheat germ), oils, minerals and vitamins are still in the grain, where as the processed grains (white flower) have been stripped of these vital nutrients. The oils (fat) in grain are very good for your body, which needs these oils and fats to function correctly. The white counterparts are said by some to be poisons to the body. Thus brown rice is very healthful for your body.

I_LUV_MY_HUBBY!!
it has less sugar & calories

BUT white rice does taste better! lol

I lost 60 pounds in 11 months and all i did was eat 2 bowls of WHITE rice mixed with cream of mushroom/chicken/celery 98% fat free a day(also ate a assortment of fruits & veggies)

Superfudge
Rating
The healthiness of a food is not SOLEY based on the number of carbs, fat, and calories it contains.

A small square of Snickers contains less calories and fat than, say, a salmon steak, but the salmon steak is healthier.

An important component of food is the amount and types of nutrients it contains.

Brown rice is healthier than white rice because white rice has had the husk, bran, and germ removed, thereby removing much of the fiber, minerals, and vitamins, making white rice a largely empty food.

Cribber
Rating
Eat enough of anything it will make you fat. However brown rice is healthier than white because it goes to your blood sugar at a more controlled rate, has more vitamin content, and it has more fiber. Usually though, folks are really focused on its glycemic index, or the rate that it turns to sugar in your blood. White rice, sugar, things of that sort go to glucose very fast, which causes and insulin response, which tends to increase body fat production.

Mr. Vincent Van Jessup
Carbs have 4.5 calories per gram, and fat has 9 calories per gram. It's a media lie and an old wives tale that "starches" make you gain weight. The opposite is true -- fats make you pack it on like Trump.

I'm Just A Girl
Rating
brown rice has less carbs then white rice.

Nancy Kay
1) rice does not contain fat
2) brown rice is less processed and although it does contain carbs, it is higher in fiber, therefore lower in "net carbs", and is broken down more slowly in the body, causing less spike in insulin levels than say, for instance, a white rice

LuxxLane
Rating
The only way to get fat from eating brown rice would be eating in surplus. Brown rice is healthier for many reasons compared to white rice. Mainly this is due to its processing differences. White rice is basically milled brown rice. It takes the outer layers off and polishes it and most processing adds in vitamins that were originally in the brown rice, making it enriched. Brown rice and white rice are actually very similar in their carbohydrate, fat, and protein amounts, but with brown rice you also receive dietary fiber and its health benefits for better digestion and lowering cholesterol. All in all, brown rice is a healthier choice and moderation is important in your diet.

Jeremy J
Eating any kinda rice in obsession can make you fat, but brown grain rice is better for you!

mrs sexy pants
it is healthier when compared to white rice, but like anything, too much of it can make you gain weight. eating too much fruit makes you gain weight!

8 * Second * Ride
Rating
Depends on how much you eat.

Eating to much of ANYTHING is unhealthy.

closeout_guy
Rating
YES! If the item that makes it brown is gravy. Very little brown rice is actually what it is marketed as. It's marketed as Wild Rice as it is actually white cultivated rice treated with a coloring agent such as molasses or food coloring. REAL wild rice is much more nutritious and beneficial to the body and actually tastes a lot better. Unfortunately, it is much cheaper to produce cultivated rice and sell it at a great profit as 'brown' rice.

That Guy
Rating
Eating too much of anything can make one fat...(except celery I have heard)

michele
Rating
Eating too much of anything (including brown rice) can lead to unhealthy weight gain.

Old Fat Bald Guy
You can eat chocolate cake and not get fat if you only eat a little bit at a time.

Brown rice is good... eat it in normal moderation.

Mindy
Rating
Eating enough of anything will make a person fat.

Go Bears!
Rating
Carbs aren't always a bad thing... Only to the adkins people.

OCC cartmen
Eating excess of any food can make a person fat. I'd advise eating it, but try to keep a count of what you usually eat per day and how many calories. Your metabolism will speed up if you eat lots one day and it will slow down if you eat very little the next day. Depending on what speed your metabolism is at (or what your diet is like the past few days/weeks) your weight should stay the same if it adds up. Don't worry about it, have maybe 1 or 2 servings, don't overdo it is what i'm trying to say. =]

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy