Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

If your 5 ft 3 and 11 stone is that overweight?

Additional Details
And serioulsley dont be a ***** about it. I get enough of that **** at ...

Will I lose weight by eating less?
By cutting out sodas, chocolate, sweets and general junk food and eating half my dinner at 6:00pm only. Will I lose something?...

Loosing weight to feel happy in bikini?
Im 17 and going on a few holidays this year. so for once, i really want to feel happy in my bikini instead of feel self conscious. I want to loose weight from my stomach and especially bum and slim ...

5'2 and 100 pounds, fat or skinny?

What is the best way to lose about 20 pounds in 5 days?

I need to flatten my stomach, how do I do it quickest way without surgery?

Im trying to lose weight and i need to get rid of belly fat!!!?
im not fat... but im not thin... im about average but im sick of it, ive been working for about 3 months on it with very little progress... im not quitting, im asking for help. my routine is...

How many calories is this? will give 10 points?
I don't think I've eaten enough and I've not done it on purpose, can you tell me how much in calories I've eaten please...

Breakfast - bowl of special K with skimmed ...

My girlfriend has 1 breast that is much smaller than the other, should I break up with her?

Is this water helping me???
OK im trying to get some of this weight off me right ?everyone is telling me drinking your 8 cups a day will help me alot @ fast,but when i drink it i only feel full as hell@ get really scared ...

PLEASE HELP ME LOSE WEIGHT!?
Im 21 and 5.4' and I weigh 160lbs. im medium build. How much should I lose and how?
What kind of excersizes do i need to do? how often? and how long everyday?
Additional Details<...

What should I do if my boyfriend weighs 30 less then me?

Should an 11 year old do this?
should an 11 year old girl take diet pills??? I know an 11 year old girl and she is HELL BENT on becoming really flat and skinny.
Additional Details
and the pills are apparently ...

My cousin is 12 and weighs 120 lbs. and is 5'6 is she fat.?
Is she?
Additional Details
By the way it really is my cousin Savannah.She always calls herself fat and im not fat either cuz somebody asked me if i was....

How can I get fat ASAP?

What should I do I hate my school's lunches!!!!?
ok at my school since it is a private school, the hot lunches are $4.00, they aren't even nutricious and including water that's 5 dollars. Then it doesn't even fill me up somedays I ...

When is the best time to take a multivitamin?
Is it best to take them shortly before eating, shortly after eating, or an hour or longer after eating? Is it better after a small lunch or a big dinner? Or does it matter at all? Explain....

I am 12 years old and i NEED to lose weight(20 POUNDS)?
but the problem is my mother works days so i can not leave the house in the day time,PLEASE HELP ME I AM TO YOUNG TO BE FAT!...

Which is better for fitness the gym or swimming?

Can anyone give me advice?
i want to loose weight
am serious!
but as i live with my parents they make me eat so much!!
i tell them i dont want to eat a certain thing and they are like no you have to eat just ...

Jamila
Can a laxative help u lose weight?

mtchndjnmtch
Only what you have eaten. And you will also be dehydrated. Which is water lose.

T
Rating
Only in basic body weight for a short period of time. If you start to use laxatives as a weight reduction, you will start yourself on the road to anorexia and/or bulimia. Watch your intake and exercise. Don't start down that road.

Crazy333
Rating
It would probably do more than that to your body if you took them on a regular basis. Be careful.

Monica d'Almeida
No, and you may get seriously sick by making wrong use of it!!
Diet and you will lose weight!

bomb
Rating
please don't start with that unless you enjoy oozing out of your bum and wearing diapers. just be healthy. if you really want to poop, do it the good way by doing a cleanse once a year. you can buy colon cleansing packs at health food stores and you use it for about 12 days. depending on howmuch extra weight you have, you can lose up to 10 lbs. in that time. go in and ask questions though.

DrDeo
Rating
Yes you can shift a lot of weight in a short space of time with laxatives, but I wouldn't call it help.
You'll dehydrate but just drinking water isnt going to replenish the body salts that you'll lose. Not to mention what prolonged use will do to your back passage. Ouch!
Plus lowered immune system and increased susseptability to infection.

AJ
It will help you lose water weight. But it will not help you lose fat, which is what you really want to lose. Only way to do that is to huff and puff it off.

tequilanikki
You lose weight by eating right and having a workout plan. You can burn calories doing housework, walking around the neighborhood, dancing to your fave tunes. Laxatives make your stomach hurt and you sh*t like a wounded goose. Taking laxatives to lose weight is something that people with eating disorders do.

harrypm82
Rating
Not as much as when you excercise and eat right.Your body will also be harmed because you are taking all the nutrients away from the vital organs.Do it the safe way.Please rate

patty s
Rating
Please no...anytime that you introduce a laxitive that you do not need you take a chance of becoming dehydrated...

rhonda c
no

emit.emergency
Rating
yeah
but its really unhealthy
its like being anorexic and/or bulimic

catduke3
Rating
DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! you start tryin that, you on the road to a surefire quick death!!!!!!!!! Loosing weight from laxitives,yes, you will also loose much needed electrolytes along with the bowel movements,,,,,,,,,,electrolyte loss that can cause DEATH!!!!!!!!!! try diet and exercise.

lia
Do not take them unless you need them. It might harm your metabolism.

If you are concerned about weight, talk to a counselor or therapist.

catlover80
Nope. You're just going to go to the bathroom a lot and probably get dehydrated.

Your mum
Rating
yes, and then become anorexic or bulimic.

pacificwebeffects
Rating
The only weight you will lose is water weight, because a laxative is dehydrating. Water weight loss is always temporary and not noticeable to other people. It's pointless. You just end up with diarrhea, avoid it at all costs for this purpose. Just drink lots of water, get a personal trainer and do weight training at a gym or at home with videos, and eat sensibly, or 500 calories less than you expend every day to lose wt.

Resi
apparently, but what a horrible way to, poop your self to thinness..., why not try drinking allot of water instead?

ehrlich
Rating
If you misuse them than yes, its the same as being bulemic, instead of throwing up after you eat you take a laxative and it just all comes out the other end, though using laxatives a lot or for a long period of time turns your colon black, among other side effects. I wouldnt recommend it.

snowy
Rating
My suggestion would be to increase your daily intake of fiber. Taking laxatives is not a good idea as it is a medication and should be used for the specific problem of constipation. Fiber on the other hand will help you move toxins through your body. It has been found that high fiber diets decrease the incidence of colon cancer because toxins are not held in the digestive tract for long periods of time. Fiber is one of the things that most Americans have lacking in our diets.

It will aid your weight loss by keeping your insulin levels lower, which is healthy for a multitude of reasons. Eating foods high in fiber, like whole wheat instead of white foods will help you to lose weight because the fiber is not turned to glucose in the body as it is in white bread/crackers, etc. The best thing you can do is not to cut out all carbs but to change the kinds of carbs you eat to whole grains. This will help your digestive tract and your body will not be turning all that white bread to glucose that is then stored as fat.

ang253253
not a good habit, you will damage your rectal muscles if they don't work on their own.

all facts
Rating
It can if your bowels are really backed up.
The best way to lose weight is to eat healthy and exercise.

folladj
Rating
Maybe, but the risks far outweigh the benefits.

Water and foods filled with fiber (fruits, veggies, and whole grains) and good sources of protein will help you lose weight. (Fiber is basically a natural laxative, by the way, and it is very healthy).

ohbother
No, it wont. It will just make you poo like a goose.

WhizKid
Rating
It can help you lose feces or stool, which can weigh a couple of pounds but there is a better weigh to do that. See site below under quickest weight loss.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, September 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy