Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is it true that people who are thin feel the cold more?

Is buttered popcorn fattening?
I dont like popcorn without butter , so dont tell me that option.
Just these microwave popcorn bags, do they have a lot of fattening calories?...

5'4'', 126 lbs, size 6. is this fat?
i feel fat, but i dont know if this is fat.
i'm 14, by the way.
please, be honest.
i know bmi calculators say that it's healthy or normal or whatever, but is it fat?...

What happens if I starve myself?
will i loose any weight
if i starve myself from today ( 7/28 ) until Sunday ( 8/3 )
or for like 3 weeks ?
or what can happen?
Additional Details

Am i fat[look in details]?
i weigh 120 somethign puonds
and 5'5
and ppl call me fat
but many call me normal and no ur not fat
i dont have a stomach at all
but i do have thighs
and that pisses ...

What is the quickest way to lose weight ??

Should you eat breakfast even if your not hungry?
please only answer if you know!?...

Im only eating fruits and fat free yogurt for 3 months now?
am i going to be okay?
im 15 in june btw)...

How can you put on wait when your skinny even if you eat allot?
i eat allot although i just dont put on wait....

CAn you tell me your age,height, and weight, Plz?

Which people disgust you more: fat people or shallow people who judge them by their appearance?

How do u lose 5 pounds a day?

Help! me! why do u exercise with music & why?
OK SO IM DOING A SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT & I ALOT OF PEOPLE TO TELL ME WHY U CHOSE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE U EXERCISE! & WHY!
THANKS ILOVEU!...

I didn't work out today and now I feel guilty?
Is this such a bad setback? I didn't have work or anything else to do today and I told myself I was going to workout a lot but I ended up lying in bed all day. I work out at least 3-5 times a ...

Am I overweight?
I am an 18 year old boy who is 6 foot tall and 16 stones in weight! Am i fat? And if I am how much shall i lose and how?

Thanks

Mark
Additional Details

How much should a girl, 18, 5"7" weight? b/c i weigh 123 pounds?

Its like anorexia but i dont want to lose weight, i want to be taller?
im naturally skinny, so weight is by no means an issue for me.
my obsession is with gaining height
i eat things with lots of vitamins, lots of calcium
im always stretching my legs, ...

Am I fat???!!!? PLEASE HELP!?
I'm 15, I weight 120, and I'm 5'4. I FEEEL fAT =( AM II??...

Am I too skinny?
I'm 13 year old.
I'm 4'11 and I weigh 70 lbs.
I try to gain weight but, it's not working.
What should I do?
Thanks for the help!
I appreciate it!...

Ok i need to loose pounds in three days?
ive tried everything pills diets exersise but i keep going back to the ...

JoJ
Can a 16 yr old female lose 37 or 40 pounds without having loose hanging extra skin/flabbiness if she?
is not fat just chunky/chubby and does a half hr of toning 3x a week and a walk 3x a week plus the other 4 days an hr to an hr and a half or toning
toning from using callanetics and lotte berk method
along with drinking 5 waterbottles a day(100 onces) and eats only healthy foods

Obsequious
Rating
I would think so.

BUPPY'S MEME
Generally at 16 your skin is still elastic enough that you should not have flabbiness.

sun d
I hope this helps you:

How to lose bellyfat?
http://www.askaquery.com/question/How-to-lose-bellyfat.html

The Best Exercises To Lose Weight
http://www.askaquery.com/question/The-Best-Exercises-To-Lose-Weight.html

Tina F
Rating
I HAVE SEEN PALATES EXERCISE, WINSOR PALATES THAT IS, SHAPE A PERSONS BODY LIKE NO OTHER! BUY THE DVDS AND EXERCISE!
tINA

chi chi
At 16 you should be able to tone back up.

Tah Dah
depends how long the excess weight has been on you.

if you gain it and lose it within the same year.. or have a roller coaster way of losing weight.. you don't necisarly keep the saggy skin. but the longer you keep it .. the harder it will be to shrink it.

carolina n
Rating
I think you can, the key is don't try to loose a lot of weight in a short period of time. Eat healthy don't diet, exercise a lot, drink lots of water, cut all the junk food and sodas, you'll be fine.

me
Rating
The saggy skin usually results from losing weight to fast.If you take your time , workout and eat properly you have a better chance.

Kali_girl825
Yes you will lose weight, and if your keep up exercise, you will lose the flab. You need 8 12 oz glasses of water a day at least. And you need to eat healthy foods and not starve yourself. If you feel over weight. At your age you really should be losing weight under a doctors supervision. I am healthy and fit. I drink 4 to 6 23 ounce bottles of propel fitness water a day. It has vitamins and minerals. Plus I eat 2 balanced low fat meals a day. Please be careful when you diet. Thin is not in, as the saying goes. Health is more important. Good luck.

agcgartner
Being your young enought your elasticity is good. What could help is body wraps which help firm and tighten skin. One alone wont do. You would need a few till the skin stays in place.

justmemimi
Make sure you lose the pounds gradually....you seem to be doing everything right...and your age is a big plus, too. You know,...if you gain muscles...you might not lose that much...because you replace the fat with muscles....as you say- you are doing a lot of toning exercises. Let someone measure your body fat...so you don't get frustrated about not losing pounds.
To a better you!!!

flyassballerchick
yep toning your bod when your young is easy our skin is still elastically cardio is the best you need to worry about strech marks moisturise to prevent them when gaining or loosing weight

Rebecca W
It shouldn't be a problem if the weight comes off gradually. You shouldn't lose weight too fast, its not good for you. A few pounds a week at the most.

♥ Lisa♥
Rating
lots of exercise 30 mins 3x a week and some lite strength training and plenty of water

you will be fine

go to http://www.sparkpeople.com and it will help you decide how many cals to eat and a workout plan ..

lordbling55
Rating
lose it slowly and your skin has a chance to keep up with the weight loss, also losing that much weight at your age probably isnt a good idea unless your are overweight

Lola
Rating
In order for the body to adjust, the weight has to be lost slowly otherwise you will get the flabby skin. Look up water intoxication on the net too. Too much water can do damage in its own way by messing up the electrolyte balance.

flika
Yes, and in sounds like your doing all the right things. Most important you are still young enough and have enough elasticity in your skin to avoid that problem. Just loose the weight gradually and consistantly and your skin will look great! Good luck.

mightyt100
Rating
Your skin still has a lot of elasticity at 16. I don't think that it should be a problem.

markos m
Rating
You are too young for loose skin. Go ahead and lose the pounds you want adding exercise to your diet -- good luck!

deby k
as young as you are the flabby skin shoud not be a big problem, your skin has more elastic at your age.

NIck N
Rating
Sounds like you are on the right track, once you start losing the weight you like to lose, and you lose it slowly and steadily, your skin will adjust to your body's natural form.

You might want to consider this as an option.

Many people go on diets some have success and some do not. I would suggest a very revolutionary thing to try. I have done this, it makes sense to me, I have lost over 30 lbs in about 6 months. I have maintained it for over a year now.

First I went to a doctor for foods that my body my be allergic to. Common foods like certain meats, vet tables, fruits and sweets. I have myself analyzed and the results where very interesting. You see each person's body is different and processes food differently. Some bodies do not process vet tables like corn or squash, or meats like any fowl, pork, beef or chicken. All sorts of foods that are on a regular diet. Unless you do a food allergy test you will not know. The allergies may mastastize themselves in the body but thinking your system is in trouble and builds more fat cell to protect themselves. Well I a getting of track. So first get a food allergy check up.

Then stop eating these foods. Eat the foods that are good for you and eat regular portions three times a day with three healthy snacks of some kind between the meals. This will keep your digestive system continue to work on burning calories all day long.

Then start a walking or running program or exercise moderately program. Remember we are asking to lose weight not build muscles. You need to know the correct heart rate to have for your age to have your body go into the fat burning business overtime. How you find this heart rate is simple. The heart is max rate is 220 bps. Subtract your age for 220 bps, and take that figure and multiply that figure by 65% and 75%. That will give you the minimum (65%) and Maximum (75%) range you want to keep your hear rate at for a period of 45 min. Start out at least three times a day. In two weeks you will see a dramatic drop in your weight. By the way, only weigh yourself once a week. Also drink lots of water at least 3 quarts to one gal a day. You can also add unsweetened green tea to the drink list. As once you start to lose weight green tea will help maintain it also. I drink about a 3/4 of a gal a day of green tea and about 3/4 of a gal of water, some 100% Juice for a nice change.

If you follow this way of eating for the rest of your life you can maintain your weight where you want it. By the way once in a while maybe once a month you can try those foods you love but your body hates if you like after the pounds come off.

One more thing... try to eat as fresh of the products as you can, I am not completely sure but package foods or prepared food have a lot of preservatives in them and your body really doesn't like them at all. Good Luck

rufus6june
All you really need to do is Exercise and eat healthier. But dont try to be really skinny becuase if two people were stuck outside in the cold in winter. The one with more fat might survive longer. Fat isolates us as it does to whales.

Pops
Lose it slowly...like you gained it and then give the skin time to shrink. At 16 miracles are numerous. Pops

elliebear
Rating
Good luck
You should do good.

averyanne77
Rating
The flabbiness comes from being overweight for a long period of time. You at 16 years old, should be fine.

Annie
Do it now that you're young, then keep it up, and keep it off for the rest of your life! If you try to lose weight after you're 30, then you'll have loose hanging skin for sure!

ameego
Rating
exercise

char g
Yes you can if you excercise along with the diet. You will need to tone up your stomach and such but yes you can do it without having saggy skin.

r_leutwiler
Rating
Everyone is different. As you get the body in shape, it may take on different forms but if you persist, sooner or later, you will no longer be flabby.

wilderone74
the younger you are the elastic is in your skin. so when you loose weight, the skin does not hang and it bounces right back. the older you get, the harder it is to keep your skin from hanging after weight loss. sounds like you are on your way. keep going, you can do it. you'll do fine.

Ashley
Rating
Through exercising and drinking alot of water the skin should be tightened and not flabby. If they don't do those 2 things they will be flabby.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.114
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy