Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Im 14 and im 5ft.9in. is that normal?
Ok so everyone says im really tall nd stuff well because i am! but do u guys think ill still keep growing?? because i really hate being tall i wish i was a lilttle bit shorter like 5ft.7in. or ...

If a woman is 5'4'' and 170 lbs, exactly how obese is she?Would she be chubby or closer to disturbingly chunky
P.S. I appreciate all sorts of body types and do not discriminate against larger ladies...I'm just wondering....

Ok... I am 5"5 or 5"6 about and i weigh 120 lbs... is that ok?? i feel so fat.. no joke!?
All i know is that i have friends that are so skinny.. and then there is me.. i think i am fat but my friends dont.. and idk if i should trust them or not because idk if they are just saying that ...

I'm 13 years oldand I want to lose weight??what do U think??
Should I

a)just take walks(in the the morning b/4 skool and after my HW is done in the afternoon,eat the three full(but mot oversized,I know) meals a day(healthy meals)play sports w/ my ...

Am I fat????
im 13 years old and i weight 117 pounts
is that normal? am i overweight? pleeeezz tell me!!!
Additional Details
oh and im a girl, ...

Am I couch potato???
I spend about 4-5 hours a day watching TV, playing video games, or on the computer during the week.
On weekends I spend about 8-9 hours a day doing this.
I consume 4000-5000 calories a day.T...

My BMI, am i over wieght?
I am about 5'1 , 32 D bra size, size 3 pants and 123 pounds..am i over weight?...

Why is it some people are skinny even without exercising? I even see them eat more than what I eat?
I am doing exercises and eat less but still overweight?...

Help Me loss 20 pounds?

Ok, I NEED HELP! Please! I want someone who know facts and who can help me.?
And I don't want any crap like "Your body goes into starvation mode and you get fat."

I'm 14 years old, 5'5", and weigh 130 lbs.

How can I lose ...

Hi, Im 14 years old and 5 foot 3 inches do you thing that is short for a 14 year old?

I weigh 100 pounds and need to lose 50 pounds by tomorrow! what can I do?

How many push ups a day would i have to do to add on 5 pounds of muscle to my arms in 1 month?
how many push ups would i have to do to add on 5 pounds to my arms in 1 month and how many crunches would i have to do to subtract 2 inches from my waist?...

I just realized I gained 239 pounds in a two year period. How did it sneak up on me??

I am 13 and i am 5foot 4 and i weigh 160. am i fat?
i just want to ...

Why do my friends always say that I am fat?
I weigh a 129 lbs and I am 5'3. I My measurements are 38'27'39.
My friends say that this large and always talk about how big I am. I am 18 yrs and I know I should not let this get ...

How do i motivate my gf to reduce weight?
my gf's put on a few (more than few actually) extra pounds, how do i motivate her to reduce weight without offending her?...

What are some good natural ways to stay awake in class without using drugs?
No drugs or caffeine....

I don't think I'm anorexic, But...?
I'm really self conscience with the way I look, And constantly I look in the mirror and can't stand how fat I look.
I feel like I have The biggest stomach, especially after I eat.

How can you lose weight WITHOUT exercise?

Viridina Appollina
Can You Lose Weight WITHOUT Exercise.?
I am 250 lbs and have a broken ankle so no form of exercise would be good right now or even in the future because of all the pressure on it. Can I lose weight if I watch and eat only healthy things????

Robyn C
Rating
If you eat only healthy foods until, your foot is better, you might be able to loose some weight or at least maintain it. Try a diet program like Weight watchers but, don't skip meals because it will make you hunger later and that will cause overeatting later. If you have crutches for your ankle, you could try to go for a walk, it would be excelent arm exersize. When your ankle is better try and join a gym and exersize as often as possible. Good Luck!!

GioVanni S
yes. but there are methods you can seek to try and loose weight with hindered mobility. Call a gym or do more research online to get you started.

Taylor S
you can do weight watchers. it really works

Ash
Rating
still eat junkfood but just cut the portions down a lot
eat a lot of healthy foods

try not to snack on snacks all day long

Glow wings
Yes, but you need the exercize to strengthen the muscles or you will get flabby. This is just as, if not more unattractive as the excess weight.

Daezy
Yes, but it will take longer for the weight to come off. Also you may be left with sagging skin, etc where the fat came off. Exercise is good because it burns calories, increases your metabolism so your body burns more calories, and tones your body as the fat comes off. It's more realistic to figure exercise in a weight loss plan or you may become impatient and quit the plan due to slow results or be unhappy with the way your body looks after the weight is off.

absteal
Rating
Yes you can, but I would try some floor exercises. Like crunches and you can do push ups on your knees. there are a lot of different things you can do without involving your ankle

Get a medicine ball and do ab work with that. really anything will help

patricia bstarstruck
Yes, if you eat less.

Serengetti
Rating
Yes it is possible.

~Big Benz~
Rating
yes you will lose weight but once you lose a lot of weight and not exercising your skin will be a stretchy and everything

beauteimparfait
Rating
yes you can. the weight loss will be slower and will take a strict diet check out my blog i think it will help

http://dietersdreamworld.blogspot.com/

kMaz
Not a lot but it's a good start. Anything is better then nothing. Just remember once you do get your foot better start exercising.

Also! You can still lift weights with your arms and work on your stomach!!

Tim Z
Rating
ask ur doc. and wait until it heals then start exercising

Kake<3
Rating
eat less each day or something to control ur eating so u dont gain more weight
pehaps just a fruit and water diet
good luck!

Samantha B
I think, my mom told me that after I was born she got lipo, but when my older sister was born she stopped eat or she ate little.

Mary Ann
no.you need a certain amount of exercise every day to burn calories.Your body needs exercise so that your metabolism can do its work. You can lose weight by just eating healthy, but it will take longer because you need to move!

????
Rating
Yes you can. You may want to consider taking healthy vitamins and your arms still works so I would do some small weight lifting. Make sure you do the research before you take the vitamins or a weight loss supplement. Get well Soon =)

lorbell
Rating
You can but it is quicker and healthier to do both. Maybe you could work on your diet right now and when your ankle is healed you can start an exercise program.

crazyfermusic
you can definetly lose weight without excersise with the riight diet. but as soon as your ankle heals to its full amount then it would also be smart to find forms of exerise that do not involve putting to much weight on your feet. there are exersises like that out there. by excersising you will tone your body of you lose weight to help prevent as much celulite and stuff like that once you've lost the weight. good luck ;]

seavince82
Yes, just eat less calories than what you're burning, that helps you lose weight....however, even with you're broken ankle, there is exercise you can do, lift weights with your upper body, use a hand bike...and in a few months when you recover from your ankle fracture, use low impact machines like the elliptical, bike, or rowing machines...you need to exercise, you are definitely overwieght, if not obese. And yes, after your ankle heals, you will be able to put pressure enough on it to exercise (don't be one of those people that uses their old injury as an excuse for being fat)

hpayne217
Rating
You can lose some weight by eating healthy and in the right portions, but to be healthy, exercising once your ankle has healed will be necessary. There are low impact exercises, like biking and swimming.

emran723
Rating
drink cold water. trust me, dont ask y. u should be drinking about 8 glasses of water daily. make all those glasses of water glasses of ice cold water. and it better if u drink it b4 the meal rather than after (not the most important aspect though). so...drink ice cold water regularly (ice itself would probably be even better, lol...and since summer time is on its way, that may not be so unreasonable), and u'll c a weight diff in bout 3 weeks :|

Little Miss Smiley :)
Rating
Definitely. If you eat 5-6 times a day (I know it sounds like a ton!!), it keeps your metabolism going which helps you burn more calories without the exercise. However, these 5-6 meals need to be small and healthy. Proteins, carbs, fruits, and vegetables are the keys. Here's an example:

For breakfast:
1 Serving of oatmeal (carb), a glass of milk (protein), and a banana (fruit)

Just watch what you eat. Eat around 1,200-1,400 calories a day and you will be on your way! Good luck & best wishes! I hope you reach your goal.

dsmithfsu
Yes you can through diet I believe you would need to cut 500 calories a week to do this. But exercise may not be done for you just because of a broken ankle. You might as your doctor about getting rehab with swimming a non impact form of exercise.

Justin R
Yes it is proven that people can lose weight by eating healthy.
Eating organic foods, stayin away from bad carbs, eating smaller portions, drinking a class of water before you eat helps curb your appetite during meal time.

daniel b
yes you can because

a pound of fat = 3500 calories

soo if you cut out 500 calories of your normal diet a day well then in a week you would have lost 1 pound!

so 52 two weeks a year mean 52 pounds lost just cutting out 500 calories a day!

Cynthia ♥
i would also like to know that, it would be awesome!! im 230 lbs from 4 kids and dont get out much because of the fact that i have 4 kids under the age of 5

Starry
Rating
Yes there are exercises if you look online if just sitting in a chair actually and just avoid junk food at all costs and eat lots of veggies and consume water as well. Just try looking up for the exercises in the chair as there are some you can do without moving your ankle. Try exercising the leg slowly too in the other leg.

Becka
Rating
You can, it just won't be as fast.

Have you tried water aerobics? It is really good for people with joint problems.

Hailey M
Rating
yes if you eat healthy things and watch what you eat you will def. lose wieght do not drink any sodas either drinking a soda is like another meal and mabye try getting a diet pill that is fda approved or that wont mess with your health good luck :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Terms of use - Privacy Policy