Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What is the healthiest meal option at KFC?
excluding ...

Best way to reduce stress?
I haven't been sleeping, I've been over eating and then not eating enough, I've been gaining and losing weight, and I'm tired all the time....

What is the best way to slim down?

Why do people like to eat so much? it makes them fat!?

Is there way way I can lose weight fast?
I need to lose around 5-7 pounds. I'm 5'5'' and 118 pounds. People say I'm skinny but I have a little pouch around my stomach and I hate my thighs. I don't want to be ...

What's healthier Pepsi or Coke?
Between just Pepsi and Coke, which of the two is healthiest to drink. Niether of them are, but which is better. It's hard to tell, because they both have their highs and lows, and sometimes in ...

Weight help!!!?
Hi I am 12 years old, five foot 4 and I weigh 140 lbs and maybe even more. You dont have to tell me that I am overweight because I already know I am. But I just cant stop eating. I dont feel hungry ...

How can i gain weight? :/?
i'm 13 right now. 5'2 & 85 lbs. i get called names like anorexic, a human toothpick, and this one time, a guy was like do you eat? & i'm really tired of it. and even my family ...

Question!?
How much a day should I be runninf if i wanna loose 30 pounds in 4 months?...

What would be an unhealtily low weight for my height?
ie: losing periods, losing muscle mass, general bad health?
I'm 5'7 and 110 ( so dont worry im not underweight or anything) but just wondered at what weight i would be underweight....

Am i fat? Details included...it seems..all my fat goes to one place?
I am a 14 year old girl...who plays alot of sports....including basketball (Top scorer for 3 years straight). ....i weight 118 on good days...123 on bad days. it seems..my arms are pretty thin.......

Why havent I lost weight?
For over a month i have been doing a self control thing with my diet, Im a vegetarian, i dont eat artificial sugars or have caffine. I havent lost any weight at all which is what i would have liked, ...

Toooooooo skinny or normal????
is this too skinny or normal???
hott body or not???
if you are a guy would you date a girl with a body like this or is it not curvy enough???
RATE THE BODY 1-10.
the person is 5�...

My sister is 12 yaears old and she weighs 98 pounds is she fat??

Do you actually eat what the food pyramid says?
I mean...cmon. I eat healthy, I eat vegetarian, but no matter how frickin hard I try I can never get each food group into a day. Obviously, I have to replace the dairy with soymilk and the meat with ...

Swimming good for muscles or what?
Does swimming make you stronger or is it only good for toning and lossing weight? (note I do not want to loose weight) Please HELP!
Additional Details
But if I increase my caloric intake ...

I need to know just a simple answer about loosing weight?
ok, my birthday is in march, and I want to loose 45 pounds by then, my question is, if I start my diet in 1 week (which will be just eating all the way healthy, and no junk or sugar at all) and if I ...

How do you get a quick flat belly?
i run at least 3 miles a day and i eat healthy so wtf am i missing?...

I think I have an eating disorder???
I binge/purge at least once a week, usually more, and the rest of the week I skip meals, or eat very little. No body knows this information, but everybody assumes Im okay because im smarter than that,...

Is the Aitkins Diet safe?
Does any have serious objections to this diet? Are there any short term or long term side-affects Ishould worry about?...

g0karter
Any advise on growing taller?
I would like to grow taller. im 5'1 and 14. Every one in my grade is taller than me. I eat alot of protein, vegies, and drink about 2 quarts of milk a day. i exersize and stretch too.
Is there anything else i can do
Additional Details
my mom is 5'4 and dad is 5'11

burnaz13
Rating
No,you are made to be that height,you cannot change it.I am 13 and 5 foot 8 and i wear size 13 in mens moving into size 14 in mens shoes :D

kowpowsd
live in a tall persons world

lalalalalalallalalalalal
Rating
try sports, like soccer or wakeboarding, or wterskiing, or surfing.

coolyourjets@rocketmail.com
Not really, i know how you feel because i too used to be short. but sooner or later you will have growth spurts that put you up on the map.

i used to be 5'6'' which was moderate but still short.
over the past 4 years i have grown a ton and am now 6'4'' and still growing at 17 years old.

just give it time, your brain tells your body when it needs to grow and will grow according to what feels right.

but keep eating veggies and drinking milk, and exercising everyday.
its healthy and will give you a more healthy brain, maybe it will be happy and give you some height. :)

Falcky
Rating
It's great you are eating healthy - definitely keep up with that, it will help in the long run, even if you don't see immediate results.
You could also choose sports which enhance such development, such as basketball.
And most of all, don't forget you still have time to grow taller.

ryan_wilson_1555
lol i am 5'6 and im 15. When i was 14 i was your height. You dont necessarily have to drink milk just be healthy and eat right. Your growth spurt will happen soon. Mine did.

Sam A
I'm sorry to tell you this, but it's all in your genetics. Nothing you do can really make that much of a difference.

lldg5
ok is your dad short because maybe its genitics and you cant change that, if not you probably havnt gone fully into puberty, but if you went through puberty when you were really really young you probably wont grow much more...

whoisneo
Milk.

robynsbeauty
You might just have to wait. Being 14 you will not have your major growth spurt until end of next year.
When I was in high school at 14 I was taller than all of the boys at 5 ft 9.
When we came back after Christmas holidays (we have 6 weeks in Australia because its is our summer) All the boys were a head over me! I was 16.

So you might not be physically ready yet.

audiaddict_09
Rating
they call a vitamins here in Philippines called cherifer its for people who wntz 2 be tall....or juzt take vitamins....like vitaminz c

Chica!
You can determine your height, Its all in you generic genes :)
There is no way that you can make yourself taller.

You a good height,
and you are still young.

cashmoney2385
just keep drinking that milk and eating them proteins

Rating
How tall are your parents? If they're short or if there's anyone as short as you in your family, I'd probably say that you might not get much taller. You still have a chance to grow until college, though, so keep at that healthy diet!

I'm in the same predicament as you. I'm 5'1" and almost 15. I don't have much hope for myself, I've got a short family and I never drank milk. Ever.

smartyboy
Rating
play basketball, drink milk, and jump a lot

Jason J
Rating
Your height comes from two factors. Genetics and Environment. If you are a male then you have till about the age of 25 before you stop growing however your height stabilizes by about 18. How tall are your parents? Also multivitamins and omega fats are important for your height. I suggest you eat tuna or some kind of fish at least once a week. There are Amino Acids in certain fish that help stimulate your hypothalamus which ultimately links to your growth. Do not excercise alot with weights. You have to realize that at your age your body is concerned with your overall development into adulthood not with your biceps getting bigger. However when you start to train hard in the gym you body has to split its time and energy in order to handle your time in the gym. This obviously will take away from the time and energy spent to make you grow. Exercise without weights is great anything that uses just your body weight. Playing basketball and jumping rope is by far the best exercise for growing taller. Eat 3 times a day and get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. Try to relax about your height too cause stress can really affect it.

Bravodor
Not really.

If your diet and exersise are spot on there isnt much left to do besides wait it out.

Aim for a calorie surplus, and start taking a multivitamin.

Eating healthy isnt enough, you need to eat enough calories to encourage growth.

But height is mainly genetic.5'1 is pretty short, but youve got atleast 4 years or more to grow.

♫♥♥♫♫♫♥♥
Don't stress about it now. I used to be shorter than everyone and in high school I sprang up four inches! If you're still 5'1" at 18, ask this question again. (and I don't really know any ways to get taller, except for genes!)

livelovelaugh
well you might not have hit your growth spurt yet. just be patient. you will grow. for some people it just takes longer than some. just drink milk, and have proteins. also dont exeersise too much cuz then you will be too skinny and your body wont have any room or extra skin to stretch and get taller....i hope that makes sense??? anyways hope i helpled!!! good luck!

ANGELa
Rating
You have something called an epiphseal plate in your bones. If you have an x-ray done, the doctor can look at it and tell if you are finished growing by whether you still have the plate or only the line. If you only have the line, you are done growing. Adults do not have this plate,but children do. Another rule of thumb I have heard about is add your parents height together and divide it by 2. If you are a girl you will be a little shorter than that, and if you are a boy you will be alittle taller than that. Since you are only 14 I am sure you are not done growing yet. Look this up (the epiphseal plate) and learn more about it if you like. It's kind of interesting.

ash_marie_wv
Don't worry, you have a good 3 years before your body will stop growing. Stay away from caffeine, though.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy