Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Slimfast - does it work?
I've never been on a diet before, but have decided I could do with losing about half a stone. I'm looking at the Slimfast diet - does it work? Have any of you tried it? What sort of ...

What can you do to rev up your metabolism that doesn’t kill you?
The only thing I know that revs up metabolism is smoking and I won't go back to that....

Whats the fastest way to lose wheight?
I'm 5"0" and 13 years old I whiegh 142 I really need to lose wheight can anybody help???
Additional Details
oh yeah I ...

Am I overweight?
I'm 5 foot 8 and 134 pounds. Am I overweight? I don't think I'm that big but I have a health nut as a mom. She hints to me everyday that I'm fat. One day she made me so sad that I ...

Am I at a good weight or are people fooling me???HELP?
I am 13 and am 5'1 at 121-125 pounds. Whenever I look in the mirror I just see a chubby girl, my mom and sis tell me that I am just having illusions in my brain and that I am not fat and that i ...

Do i need to loose weight?
i am 13 and i feel very fat. my friends all think i am skinny. so skinny that they call me anerexic or bulimic just because somtimes i dont eat and somtimes i throw up. i weigh 98-100 pounds an i am 5...

Do you eat breakfast before or after you excerise?

Am I fat? Please tell me honestly. Im 12 years old, 4'8 and I weigh 86 pounds. Please tell me the truth!?

Why do people keep spelling 'lose' as 'loose'?
I know its not a big deal but it bugs the hell out of me. It is spelt with 1 'o', not 2
Additional Details
I don't ...

How did you lose your weight?
How did you lose your weight? How much were you how much are you now? Any tips about maintaining your wieght? And whats some good advice to be ten punds lighter?...

Is this a healthy lunch for someone on a diet?
Salad mixed with a peice of chicken (skinless) mixed in.
And maybe some spinach on the side??

Or should I just have on or the other?
Additional Details

Is popcorn fattening?
Is the movie theater popcorn fattening? I don't get butter on it. Also is orvelle redenbackers popcorn fattening i eat the light butter kind. I am trying to tighten my stomach and my upper chest....

Please answer!!!!!!!?
height : a little over 5 ft
weight :about 120 lbs (54kg)
body frame : medium

am i overweight or am i ok for the moment?
Additional Details

I'm 18 about 5 6 and weigh 120 is that ok?
I'm just curious what is the average weight for a female my age and my height....

Ladies, what are the best ways to lose weight?
I'm a size 16 to 18 and would really like to lose some weight - I've already come down a bit, I was a 20 at one point, so I'm dead pleased but now I just need to lose a bit more, maybe ...

Is this person anorexic or naturally thin?
Is this person anorexic or naturally thin? I have a feeling he's only joking around being anorexic on his blog (i emailed him and that's what he said and he also said he doesnt have an ...

Help and please don't make fun of me?
iam 12 i weight 180.5 and am over weight HELP me i want to look skinny also am 5'7 please help i am so unhealthy
Additional Details

Do you really get fat after high school?
hi,
the picture below is me as of now...
im 17, 5'3, and about 111 lbs. i play softball and soccer almost year around. i swim constantly throughout the summer. i LOVE junk food. i can ...

Am i annorexic?
i used to be happy with my self.. but recently many things have just gone bad in my life and i dont have anycontrol of them
the only thing i can control is my body
lately iv been eating ...

I wish to stop smoking pot but will i get fat if a do?
as smoking pot speeds up your matabalisom I am coNcernd if i stop smoking pot and eat the same 3 meals a day as i do allready will i get fat as my matabalisom will be much slower
Additional D...

Amanda Q
Am i the right weight?
I am a 14 year old female and i weigh 125 and im 5'1
but all my friends are like 95 lbs and like 5'6 to 5'8
I mean, im a cheerleader and a dancer but it just seams like im alot heavier than them?

How can i lose weight in a healthy way?

oasislaboricua
for being the height 5'1 you weight is fine. if you do want to lose weight even though i think you should'nt try to drink lots of water and eat more fruits vegetables salad fish chicken and excercise. and your friends are way to skinny they need to eat.

dangykickr
I think that you are fine for your height and weight, but if you want to lose weight, you need to fix your diet and exercise. It sounds like you have the exercise part down. Cut down on the junk food, fatty food and eat healthier...

LOZZY_X
you seem fine but if your worried you could also see a doc.

i lost 17 pounds in 2 months by this thing called TEEN DIET. It's really good coz it makes u loose weight really easily

If that doesnt't help then try looking on the web! Good luck!

Rachel~desu~!
A couple of healthy ways to lose weight are: become vegetarian/vegan, cut out a lot of sugars (but not all sugars), and idk just eat more good things.

But just have a balance in your diet. Don't cut off all fattening sweet good stuff. You'll crave it and one day you'll just burst. Instead, eat it and make it a treat. Just don't eat too much of it.

But I'm vegetarian, and I've gotta say. I was never overweight before, but I'm a lot healthier with a lot more energy. The food isn't that bad once you get used to it either.

◘†å|àáµ◘
Rating
thats OK

Devon S
your good the way u are nobody should care what you look like but what ur like. amd there like twigs soo dont worry.

mrcyrus247
you are perfectly healthy! and don't compare yourself to them they seem too skinny.

I should take my own advice becuz I am 140 pounds and almost 5' 7'' but that is healthy for me and I ALWAYS compare myself, and you shouldnt do that! ;-]

Dulci
Rating
you are just the right weight. They are too skinny.

Woah that's crazy.
Rating
I am sorry but you are overweight according to http://blubberbuster.com/cgi/calculator.cgi. 125 is exactly Overweight. Exercise more and eat healthy. They are way to skinny. If you want to lose weight I suggest like 15 pounds.

Leon S Kennedy
Rating
thats not too much
and the height makes up for it

Malia M
dont worry im 12 and my weight is 107 and im 5feet 2
and my friend kayla is 74 and she 12 and she not devlped and mabey in your case you have more deloped then your friends like me

wilsonn :)
Rating
well i am 13 and weigh 95, 90 maybe. im a cheerleader to but have big thighs from muscel. i havent seen you but have you looked in the miorr? are you like chubby? not being mean though! it might be that you just have a lot of muscel. i know a girl named kate that goes to my school that has the same exact problem.

Lynn S
They might all be lying about their weight. Most people that height and weight are anorexic. I haven't been 95 pounds since I was like 12 or something.

rockergirl379
Rating
Your not over weight it's just your litte (and i mean little) friends need to eat more it's not healthy for them to be that skinny!!!!!

Invisigoth
you don't need to lose weight. If the girls you are talking about were really 5'6" and 5'8" and only weighed 95 pounds then they would be skeletons, not have much energy, and passing out from low blood sugar.

the fact that you think someone who is 5'6" to 5'8" could be 95 pounds and healthy and engaging in the types of activities that you do tells me that you are on the path to body dismorphic syndrome and that you don't know what a healthy weight looks like let alone what a healthy weight is.

stop comparing yourself to your friends and only compare yourself to yourself.

Linda F
Rating
You sound perfect. Muscle wighs more than fat. As a dancer and cheerleader, you will have muscle and that is great!

Special Kay <3's beckham
Rating
watch on how much you eat

find your BMI: http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/childrens_BMI/about_childrens_BMI.htm

call your doctor on what is the healthy option for you and what is a good idea to help burn the fat

dont take any of those diet pills, they wont do any good.

and really take pride in our self!

be proud of your accomplishments with your body and be proud with our results.

Dom
To me that does not seem overweight, you will always grow and adjust so your body will fit better.

Nobody likes a twig.

That said, if you know you could lose some weight, get your body working. Eat breakfast, and exercise shortly after. This could consist of running or even walking anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. Either way, mix it up, don't do the same thing for more than two days in a row - Your body will adjust to that and it would become less effective.

Cheryl A
A young woman who is 5'6" or 5'8" and only weighs 95 pounds has a serious health risk on her hands. Your friends sound anorexic to me and should be under the care of a physician!

At 5'1" doctors would recomment that you weigh between 115 and 130. 125 is PERFECT!! :)

LayZie
I think you shouldn't lose weight thats a good healthy weight
You also gotta think you guys are only 14....just be happy the way you are

Joey G
Your a great size there to skinny

Coexisting_Dreams
Rating
Your BMI is 23.6
Healthy BMI is 18.5 - 24.9
So, you're fine jutst the way you are :]
If you want to lose weight in a healthy way, stay away from fried foods, pop (soda), or lots of sugars

Ryan G
the best way to lose weight is to find military exercises from this website http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/1000ab.htm

dystopialover
im 16 and im 5'8 and im 130 so you sound perfect.

amoribunddream
Rating
You are a healthy weight. If you wanted to loose weight, it is only healthy do loose about 1-2 pounds per week! Thats it, anymore and it can be considered unhealthy.

theater kid
Rating
ur friends are about 20 pounds under weight!'
im 5 1' and 93 pounds my docter says i am a couple pounds under weight, so im sry to say u ar elike 20 pounds over weight
just do crunches and keep a food journal it really helps

Jack
You don't need to. If you are happy with your body. If you are like me, your heredity means you have dense muscle mass. I am traditionally Russian so my muscle is compact. I am one of the strongest kids in the school, am 6'1 and weigh 235 pounds. Everyone says I look like I weigh like 180.

call me McLovin....
Rating
I think if you insist you could lose 5lbs MAX, no more than 5 lbs!!! your friends are too skinny, they need to gain weight. other than 5 lbs which really is optional, you're perfect. and because you dance and cheerlead, it's probably just muscle. muscle weighs more than fat, so you're just fine!

♫♪MusicPlayer™
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ check that place out. your normal.

Whitty
You're definitely not overweight. You're actually a really healthy, but still lean, weight. Don't get too skinny because you're body is still developing and you want to have some neat womanly curves.
Just keep exercising, eat healthy and stay away from junk food and soda and you'll be stunning as you get older.

✿Rainy✿
Rating
you are just fine Joey G is right they are too skinny

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.164
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy